Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

The Nigerian Senate And Their Threats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Senate And Their Threats (391 Views)

Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace / Difference Between Senate And House Of Reps. Nigerians Answer (video) / How Tribunal Sacked George Sekibo From Senate And Declared Andrew Uchendu Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Senate And Their Threats by VISTIN(m): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
I read in the news that The Nigerian Senate asked Fashola to resign if the work is too much for him.
If that's true, my questions are:

1. Why did the so-called Senators approve the appointment of one man to head three major ministries (Ministry of works, housing, power) put together?

2. The Fashola of a person, as much as I know, has never done anything since he was appointed. But why is it that the Senate have been mute about it all the while our "Messiah" president was in town?

If President Buhari enters the country today, will they still be asking Fashola to resign?

In another news, I heard that the same Senate have given Osinbajo four conditions to meet, else he will be impeached. If that's true, my question still remains:

Why will the same Senate threaten a man who has not been given absolute power to lead the country, while keeping quiet over the prolonged absence of the "Messiah" president?

Or, has the predicted "Game of Thrones" already started?

Honestly, I used to like this Senate, just for the reason that I saw them as an institution that checks on the excesses of the Executive.

But these days, it seems they have lost something somewhere.

I am not a politician, so I don't know everything about politics. But my people, please help me look at this and give your opinion.

(1) (Reply)

I’m Controversial Because I Am Courageous – Fayose / Is Breaking Away From Nigeria .... / FG Expresses Concerns Over Eviction Of Nigerians From Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.