Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

My Friend Is The Man On Vanguard Newspaper Front Page, Need Advice - Nairalander - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Friend Is The Man On Vanguard Newspaper Front Page, Need Advice - Nairalander (520 Views)

Tree Collapses On A Man On Trying To Pull It Down (Photos) / A Completely Unclad Man On Top Of A Powerline In Lagos- Photos. / Stripper Twerks For A Dead Man On His Grave (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Is The Man On Vanguard Newspaper Front Page, Need Advice - Nairalander by RapportNaija(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

I was sleeping this afternoon when my friend (a Nairalander) called me on this phone over this Nairaland trend: [url]https://www.nairaland.com/3899084/im-no-badoo-gang-member.
[/url]
This thread was based on the young man who made Vanguard’s front newspaper page that he was among the ‘suspected Badoo members’ picked up in the raid that took place last Saturday. The young man is a close associate of the Nairalander.

According to the post, he had to visit Vanguard office to relate his story of how he was picked up in the raid and how he got released after the presentation of his credentials.

The problem now is that the young man is distraught over this Vanguard publication and has not been able to resume his teaching job in Ketu over fears of stigmatisation.

He is been advised by friends and family to take a legal action against the Newspaper who published his picture and labelled him a Badoo member.

It is not clear whether Vanguard made a withdrawal of the post or corrected it in subsequent publications. The picture went viral, and it is only right that his release and innocence has the same viral sensation as the first sensation.
This is a young man’s image here.

Please, Nairalander, what do you suggest? To officially ask Vanguard to withdraw picture and make a newspaper apology or sue them to court?

Pls, Lalasticlala Mynd44 this need to be on the front page. Thanks

Re: My Friend Is The Man On Vanguard Newspaper Front Page, Need Advice - Nairalander by auntysimbiat(f): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hmmmm... So Unfortunate

(1) (Reply)

MMM Getting Stronger / Sierra Leone: Floods And Mudslide Leave ‘hundreds Dead / Nasu,ssanu And Naat Will Accept Govt Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.