Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) (41355 Views)

Alexandre Lacazette Cheats On Manon Mogavero, His Girlfriend With A Club Girl / Arsenal Signs Coutinho From Barcelona / Alexandre Lacazette & Lacasera Trending On Twitter - See Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
cloud9usher:

Next season prepare to hear this from commentator Peter Drury: "Alex Iwobi outruns Kante and sends a pass to Alex Chamberlain who dribbles Willian and passes it to Alexis, Alexis then sends a through ball to Alex Lacazette who smashes it in the net beyond the reach of Courtois, and its 3-0 at half time again to Arsenal just like they trashed Chelsea last season in the same style" grin grin grin

If wishes were horses, I'd have Beyoncé in my bed right now.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
TheLoneCitizen:
It's no news that Arsenal FC have the most unstable football fan base. It's also no news that every pundit and fan out there have advised, or rather warned, Arsene Wenger to get a marquee signing after he signed a new contract.

Arsenal have remarkably been involved in every star out there, Ronaldinho to Messi to Higuain and the latest being Mbappe, according to their longterm manager. No doubt, disbelief had started brewing in the Gunnerside, after missing out on Eupen wonderkid, Henry Onyekuru. Another Disappointing Campaign?

Not until Rumours started flying that Lyon were receiving bids for Lacazzette from London, and it only became concrete when Lyon President confirmed this.

The reports reached a very strong probability of 5.0 yesterday with some sources stating he was having his medical. It became a reality when Arsenal started teasing fans on instagram earlier today. And now it's confirmed on their twitter account.

Alexander Lacazzette has signed for a reported €45M increasing to €53M plus add-ons, Arsenal almost never announce the transfer fee of their signings. Congratulations to the Emirates.

Signed: Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
Oga, point of correction, who be onyekuru or what you called him that arsenal missed on. Are you sure you understand yourself, onyekuru ko, onyedara ni. No reasonable arsenal fan will not curse winger if he dares sign one yeye player like that.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Rajosh(m): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

U don turn am to insult? Are you a teenager? Can't you have a decent conversation without any form of insult whatsoever? There are leagues and there are players. A league doesn't make a player. Players with their clubs make up a league. A Ronaldo, Suarez or Messi in French Ligue 1 can score as many as 50 goals per season. Some players are good enough to perform equally well in all the leagues. Mahrez wasn't even that spectacular in French Ligue 1, yet he made it big in England. My point is, using Lacazette's success in Ligue 1 as metric to shame other strikers that are plying their trades in bigger leagues is B. S. Most of the French players that Wenger signed in recent years were outright flops.
Example Marouane Chammakh
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 12:30am On Jul 06, 2017
Arsenal and awoof sha
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by salafy050(m): 12:43am On Jul 06, 2017
Obasanjo

You don drink ur ota pia pia
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Augiiee(m): 12:57am On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Come On You Gunners

Arsenal is on the right path.
If only Wenger could weed all the Muslim players...they are Arsenal's problems.

Check out clubs like Bayern Munchen.
I dont know how you always find a way to bring religion or ethnicity into every topic #Bigot

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Augiiee(m): 1:02am On Jul 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

I am not a fan of any EPL team, but boss, Lacazette is not any better than Morata. Lacazette is more of a box striker. Even as a barca fan, i respect Morata's ability in the No 9 position. I can't say the same for Lukaku tho.
calling Lacazette a box striker shows you know notin about him. Q: has Morata ever scored 25 goals in a season?
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Misterdhee1(m): 1:26am On Jul 06, 2017
Augiiee:
calling Lacazette a box striker shows you know notin about him. Q: has Morata ever scored 25 goals in a season?
Have you asked yourself why the same Giroud he might be replacing benches him in the French National team? Dude has only made TWO strarts for France for your information.
Dont just counter my comment, pls go and google search about him and come back to tell me the number of goals he has scored outside the box in 4 years.

Coiled from the Telegraph:

Will he be a success?

Very difficult to tell. Lacazette has an air of the penalty-box poacher that has sometimes struggled at Arsenal: the original 'fox-in-the-box' Francis Jeffers, Podolski or Perez. Arsenal's best strikers have been complete footballers as well as finishers.

There will be much idle gossip about whether he is 'better than Giroud' or not, but more pertinent is whether he is a better fit for Arsenal than their current options. On balance, the answer is yes and that makes the signing a positive step. Welbeck has greater athleticism, but his end product and fitness are not as reliable. Lacazette looks a hard-worker though the fact he has never lived abroad before might cause acclimatisation problems, even at 26.

Overall, this transfer feels closer to very good addition than a transformational, 'last piece of the jigsaw' purchase. Whether that constitutes success for a £52m striker will be fiercely debated, though the sums involved in the modern market are bordering on meaningless. A likely outcome is a commendable return of 20-odd goals in all competitions, that leaves Arsenal fans still wanting a 'world-class striker' next summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/03/alexandre-lacazette-have-arsenal-bought-getting-will-success/
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 1:33am On Jul 06, 2017
grin

He will only win the usual FA cup
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by driand(m): 3:01am On Jul 06, 2017
cloud9usher:
ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!

https://www.arsenal.com/news/alexandre-lacazette-agrees-join-arsenal

Even without champions league we got him!
Best Ligue 1 player 2 seasons ago;
Top League 1 goal scorer 2 seasons ago;
2nd top goal scorer in Ligue 1 last season;
And best French goal scorer in amount of goals scored in the last 3 years

All that and we got him at a fair price. I laugh at Chelsea, Man Utd begging to pay 80 million pounds upwards for the likes of Morata and Lukaku who are not even at his level yet! grin

Since 2014 to date, Lacazette has scored more goals that Benzema, Giroud, Martial and Griezeman as compared individually, meaning he is the most prolific French striker!

Same thing for Aguero, Kane and Ibrahimovic, Lacazette has scored more goals than all of them from 2014 season to date, go and check!

And for those that would say he is from the French league which doesn't produce good players, please be reminded that the last 3 EPL players of the season all came from the French league, namely: Hazard, Mahrez and Kante.

Next season prepare to hear this from commentator Peter Drury: "Alex Iwobi outruns Kante and sends a pass to Alex Chamberlain who dribbles Willian and passes it to Alexis, Alexis then sends a through ball to Alex Lacazette who smashes it in the net beyond the reach of Courtois, and its 3-0 at half time again to Arsenal just like they trashed Chelsea last season in the same style" grin grin grin
still arsenal cannot and will never win the league till 2029 grin
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by dabrake(m): 3:29am On Jul 06, 2017
The reports reached a very strong probability of 5.0 yesterday with some sources stating he was having his medical. It became a reality when Arsenal started teasing fans on instagram earlier today. And now it's confirmed on their twitter account.
Bros, take am easy nah. Probability of 5.0 kwanu? How?
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by charisma640: 4:45am On Jul 06, 2017
Atiku2019:
Who is he?
who are you
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Jumbus31(m): 5:03am On Jul 06, 2017
Arsenal signed Lacasera and my Man united are yet to sign a Striker not even GALA.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by bestpunterever: 5:11am On Jul 06, 2017
toseen7:
Mtcheeeew, £52.7m for a player that can't make the french national team tongue
brain is painning u.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 5:17am On Jul 06, 2017
cloud9usher:
ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!

https://www.arsenal.com/news/alexandre-lacazette-agrees-join-arsenal

Even without champions league we got him!
Best Ligue 1 player 2 seasons ago;
Top League 1 goal scorer 2 seasons ago;
2nd top goal scorer in Ligue 1 last season;
And best French goal scorer in amount of goals scored in the last 3 years

All that and we got him at a fair price. I laugh at Chelsea, Man Utd begging to pay 80 million pounds upwards for the likes of Morata and Lukaku who are not even at his level yet! grin

Since 2014 to date, Lacazette has scored more goals that Benzema, Giroud, Martial and Griezeman as compared individually, meaning he is the most prolific French striker!

Same thing for Aguero, Kane and Ibrahimovic, Lacazette has scored more goals than all of them from 2014 season to date, go and check!

And for those that would say he is from the French league which doesn't produce good players, please be reminded that the last 3 EPL players of the season all came from the French league, namely: Hazard, Mahrez and Kante.

It's easier to play with the mouth (talk) and hands (type) than to play on the pitch bro.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Marvel1206: 5:41am On Jul 06, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

It's easier to play with the mouth (talk) and hands (type) than to play on the pitch bro.
Arsenal beat Chelsea twice last season so you should be scared grin
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Ramlay(m): 5:45am On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Come On You Gunners

Arsenal is on the right path.
If only Wenger could weed all the Muslim players...they are Arsenal's problems.

Check out clubs like Bayern Munchen.
My dear, football has neither religion no language. Remember the saying "we all speaks one language" stop being fenetic

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by toseen7: 6:10am On Jul 06, 2017
bestpunterever:
brain is painning u.
who is this one?
Are you okay?
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 7:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Marvel1206:
Arsenal beat Chelsea twice last season so you should be scared grin

And that is supposed to be an achievement? If that be the case then we can safely say that Liverpool achieved more than Arsenal last season since they didn't loose to any of the top clubs: Chelsea, Manchester United & City, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton; but that's silly anyways.

Mind you, I'm no Chelsea fan. As a matter of fact, I even like Arsenal more than Chelsea but I also like being realistic.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 7:32am On Jul 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

I am not a fan of any EPL team, but boss, Lacazette is not any better than Morata. Lacazette is more of a box striker. Even as a barca fan, i respect Morata's ability in the No 9 position. I can't say the same for Lukaku tho.

Are you minding them? How many starts did Morata make last season? How many minutes did he play compared to the Lacazette abi na Lazarus guy? But Morata still delivered.

Real Madrid case is that of starving talented strikers (Higuaine, Asensio and Morata) the opportunity to shine while allowing waste Benzima display high degree of nothingness.

I'm actually happy that the young lad wants to quit Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 7:58am On Jul 06, 2017
Nice one Assnal.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Fkhalifa(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2017
All this he is from French league talk is trash to me, IBRA came and still scored 28goals, if you are good, you are good, it may only take some time to adapt...

Morata has been playing with the big men in Europe from Juve and Madrid, so there's every chance he might have played his best footy for them due go the caliber of gradeA players he's surrounded with..

Mesut ozil was the best midfielder with the most assist while at Madrid, but at Arsenal he only top the assist chart once...

There's a chance lacca will do better if he starts playing with some quality and better players at the Emirates, than a morata who will drop from being surrounded by Rinaldo,bale,Modric,Marcelo,khedira,pirlo,caudrado,Vidal,coman etc to the likes of herrera,matial,felleini ligard etc..he might do well but doubtful like he did in those 2 big teams
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by comrChris(m): 8:08am On Jul 06, 2017
Congratulation to him and arsenal but i will advise all these arsenal fans running their mouth to chill and see the season goes, Epl tittle these days is unpredictable, even Goal.com is clueless on what to predict,last two season n last season comes to mind.last season goal.com gave first position to manu n second to manc because of pogba,ibra n gurdiolla....

Love contes way of signing, the game is wait for this rivalry teams to sign first then go for players to match their signing...manU after signing ibra n pogba started hypping their hope while conte went and signed luiz to stop ibra while kante was digging it out with pogba.......
Lets watch n see
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by mikkydera(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Have you asked yourself why the same Giroud he might be replacing benches him in the French National team? Dude has only made TWO strarts for France for your information.
Dont just counter my comment, pls go and google search about him and come back to tell me the number of goals he has scored outside the box in 4 years.

Will he be a success?

Very difficult to tell. Lacazette has an air of the penalty-box poacher that has sometimes struggled at Arsenal: the original 'fox-in-the-box' Francis Jeffers, Podolski or Perez. Arsenal's best strikers have been complete footballers as well as finishers.

There will be much idle gossip about whether he is 'better than Giroud' or not, but more pertinent is whether he is a better fit for Arsenal than their current options. On balance, the answer is yes and that makes the signing a positive step. Welbeck has greater athleticism, but his end product and fitness are not as reliable. Lacazette looks a hard-worker though the fact he has never lived abroad before might cause acclimatisation problems, even at 26.

Overall, this transfer feels closer to very good addition than a transformational, 'last piece of the jigsaw' purchase. Whether that constitutes success for a £52m striker will be fiercely debated, though the sums involved in the modern market are bordering on meaningless. A likely outcome is a commendable return of 20-odd goals in all competitions, that leaves Arsenal fans still wanting a 'world-class striker' next summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/03/alexandre-lacazette-have-arsenal-bought-getting-will-success/
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Marvel1206: 8:10am On Jul 06, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

And that is supposed to be an achievement? If that be the case then we can safely say that Liverpool achieved more than Arsenal last season since they didn't loose to any of the top clubs: Chelsea, Manchester United & City, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton; but that's silly anyways.

Mind you, I'm no Chelsea fan. As a matter of fact, I even like Arsenal more than Chelsea but I also like being realistic.
Like I said it was an achievement. Being realistic? How? So being realistic means Arsenal is no threat?
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by mikkydera(m): 8:13am On Jul 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Will he be a success?

Brother, Giroud doesn't bench lacazette, it is Antoine. France play with a 442 formation and Giroud and Griezmann has dis telepathic understanding so u can't just bench him like dat(giroud) since France are doing so well with him. Giroud doesn't fit arsenal's pattern but there is high possibility dat laca might fit. perhaps if he can score dat 20 odd goals for arsenal it will be very excellent especially if Sanchez isn't sold, that's d sort of striker every arsenal fan have been praying for. I love ur arguments tho, u bring ur opinion without insults
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 8:15am On Jul 06, 2017
Marvel1206:
Like I said it was an achievement. Being realistic? How? So being realistic means Arsenal is no threat?

Even the greatest prospective buys comes with 0.5 probability or chances of success. So you can't say for sure that anything has changed in Arsenal's squad until Lazarus delivers.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by Marvel1206: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Even the greatest prospective buys comes with 0.5 probability or chances of success. So you can't say for sure that anything has changed in Arsenal's squad until Lazarus delivers.
Let's watch and see how the season unfolds

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by CIII: 8:25am On Jul 06, 2017
TheLoneCitizen:
It's no news that Arsenal FC have the most unstable football fan base. It's also no news that every pundit and fan out there have advised, or rather warned, Arsene Wenger to get a marquee signing after he signed a new contract.

Arsenal have remarkably been involved in every star out there, Ronaldinho to Messi to Higuain and the latest being Mbappe, according to their longterm manager. No doubt, disbelief had started brewing in the Gunnerside, after missing out on Eupen wonderkid, Henry Onyekuru. Another Disappointing Campaign?

Not until Rumours started flying that Lyon were receiving bids for Lacazzette from London, and it only became concrete when Lyon President confirmed this.

Alexander Lacazzette has signed for a reported €45M increasing to €53M plus add-ons, Arsenal almost never announce the transfer fee of their signings. Congratulations to the Emirates.

Signed: Wednesday, July 5th, 2017

He looks so much like Kanye West. Hope he plays well and not sing
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by bestpunterever: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2017
toseen7:
who is this one? Are you okay?
yes I'm Okay. But I don't think u re OK.
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by bakynes(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2017
We waiting for LMAO to b complete.

Lacazette - Mahrez - Alexis - Ozil
Re: Arsenal Signs Alexandre Lacazette For Record Fee (Photos) by seanbaba23: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2017
This arsenal guys no go allow person rest as dem don sign lackadaisical...ha! Sorry lacazete

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Falcons Home Kit Nominated For Best Jersey At 2019 Women’s World Cup / Usain Bolt Plays For Central Coast Mariners FC (Photos) / Barcelona Bans Ousmane Dembele From Switching Off His Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.