Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc (5174 Views)

“why I Don’t Wear Bum Shorts” – Dakore Egbuson Reveals / I Don’t Wear Bras So Men Can Know All I Have:female Actress Efia Odo(photos) / Efia Odo: I Don’t Wear Bra Because My Boobs Are Small (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 1:20am On Jan 31, 2010
I don’t wear under wears – Weird MC
MusicJan 30, 2010

By OpeOluwani AKINTAYO

The controversial Adesola Adesumbo Idowu, popularly known as Weird MC, is a producer, song writer and rap artiste.
During her secondary school days in Nigeria, she founded the defunct female group, Weirdos. Born in England into a family which didn’t want her to go into showbiz, she went ahead with her dream, becoming one of Nigeria’s and indeed, Africa’s most sought after female rap artistes. Allen Avenue was her first Video- Single, making her the first Nigerian artiste to produce a single-video. After this, she featured in Alariwo of Africa’s Yawa go Gas.

Weird-Mc
Then, she travelled out of the country for seven years, only to come out with her big -banger-cartoon- animated Ijoya in 2005, which automatically made her a ‘heartthrob’ to both old and young, especially to her once-upon-a-time critics. Till date, she’s still holding her fans tight and dropping the jaws of many with her brand of music. Shes also won many awards. Weird MC is our guest. Enjoy her!
Take me back to the good old days, the time of Allen Avenue and Yawa go Gas with Alariwo…

Yeah, Allen Avenue was my first single before I traveled out of the country. I was much younger then. Let me quickly clear one thing here: many people used to think that Yawa go Gas was a collaboration between Alariwo and myself. But I only featured in it.
I was fortunate to be born and partly raised in The United Kingdom and in Lagos. I have two Citizenship Passports- that of the UK and Nigeria. I had my primary and secondary schools here, Abeokuta, Ogun State. But being the kind of person that I am, I have mixed blood flowing in my vein, and that’s why my music is diversified from Hip-hop, to Rap and Afro Beat.

Weird MC
I love to be original. I don’t like to pretend. After Yawa go Gas, I left for the UK, stayed there for seven years where I participated in many rap competitions and got myself busy with activities to boost my career in music. After some time, when my fans here started complaining about my disappearance from the industry and my long silence, I decided to do something.

Then, I came out with Ijoya in 2005 and everybody was excited about it. They liked it. In 2006, I also released After da Storm which was one of the biggest selling albums in that year. So, it’s been good because whatever I do, I do it from my heart.
How’s your experience in Nigeria and in the industry since your return?
My experiences have been wonderful. I can’t complain because I’ve been blessed, even though sometimes, what I get as returns are really not up to what I put into the production of my songs. Producing a good music video is expensive.

Then, there are pirates who won’t allow one to make satisfactory gain from one’s music. But I’m still grateful that Nigerians appreciate what I’m doing. The respect I get on the streets, from both the rich and the poor, especially from children is great.

I was shocked when I found out that children are the highest among my fans! At times, when I go out or board flights, I get first class treatment. Of recent, I went shopping on the Island and bought goods worth N200, 000. I was shocked when a man walked up to me and asked me not to pay. He paid for my goods! So, I’m blessed.
So, you are proud to be a Nigerian?
Yes, I’m proud to be a Nigerian and I can say it anywhere! Although, I was born and partly bred in the UK; I can speak Yoruba fluently. I can speak the Ijebu Dialect. So, I’m deeply rooted in Nigeria. I’m glad to be part of those who opened the way for Nigerian female artistes. I was able to show that female artistes are not lesser humans, that we can do whatever we want to do in the industry. My songs have sold over 10 million copies and I’m not sure any other artiste has such a record.
Any time I wake up and see all my awards like The Nigerian Music Award, The Best Female Award, The Channel ‘O’ Award, I have no choice than to thank God for everything.

What’s new with you?
Yeah, the release of my four-track promo CD, Happy Day. It’s barely ten days old and I’m already getting calls from my fans in Ilorin, Kwara, Ibadan and all over; that they love it and it’s hot on the air, all over radio stations. Happy Day is produced by DJ Zeez. Another new thing is that I’m now a Road Safety Marshal (RSM). I’m always worried about how reckless some Nigerian drivers are. So, when I was called up to be a RSM, I gladly accepted. I also have a new manager now, Funke ( ex-wife of Femi Kuti).

Any plans for this year?
My plan is to push my four new tracks so that people can hear them and appreciate my work. The full album where I picked those four tracks from is called Broken Silence. The whole album will soon be out.
Allen Avenue is your first single. Have you thought about re-packaging it?

Hmm, for now, I’ve not thought about it because I have lots of things on my hands now, new ideas to explore. Maybe later but not now.
Every artiste is talking about re-branding. What are you doing about it?
Before one can go into it, one has to ask oneself some questions like; what is wrong with the old style, what am I re-branding , who are my old audience and who are the new ones I’m targeting? If one goes into re-branding because everybody else is doing it, or without anything wrong with your old self and music, there’ll be problem! For me, I don’t need any re-branding as such because I appeal to both old and young, rich and poor.
My music is diversified, mixed with English and Yoruba and Pidgin. I’ve got a new manager who knows where I’m coming from and where I’m going. She’s enlightened, exposed, she’s been everywhere. So, she knows where to put me.

You know I’m used to fez caps, jeans and shirts. Although, she knows I’m shy, she still advised me to put away the caps for now and that’s why I’m now wearing a new hairdo. And since I also love Kaftan, I decided to include it among my dress codes. And that’s all about re-branding for me.
Aside music, what else do you do?
Aside being a Road Safety Marshal, I’m also into grooming of young, talented and up-coming artistes. Looking at how far I’ve come, I know the hell I went through to get to this level, especially as a woman. So, I don’t want other up-coming artistes to go through the same way, and that’s why I’m dedicated to helping them grow.

How do you feel being a star?
I feel great and blessed. Like I said, I can’t complain because God has been so good. People respect me any time I go out. You know it’s not easy to climb to the top of the ladder. Becoming a star is a lot easier than maintaining the reputation.
When I look at the lot of an artiste, I see that they lack what it takes to stay at the top . Some artistes end their careers in just six months. Everybody sees me and still gives me the respect. So, I’m glad and I feel honoured.
What are your challenges as a star?
My only challenge is on working on myself and getting improved everyday, so that I can give my fans the best of me all the time.
Before you came out with Ijoya in 2006, it was all over the place that you’re a lesbian…
(cuts) No comment!
Please hear me out…. Some of your fans were disappointed and swore never to have anything to do with you. But with the release of Ijoya, everyone became overtaken by it. What’s your reaction to this?
I don’t know what happened but I just thank God for everything. It’s not me. It’s the grace I got to come out with Ijoya. I didn’t say anything but my songs did the talking and till now, my songs still do the talking.

Have you faced any discrimination from other artistes concerning this?
At first. But as time went on, they came to appreciate my person, my talent and my music. They rallied round me and gave me all the support I need.
Are you contemplating marriage?
(Giggles) I’m not God. So, I can’t dictate for him. I’ll get married in God’s time.
When is God’s time?
I’m already a married woman. Right now, my music is my husband. We’re connected to each other. Personally, I think the time is not right.

What won’t you be caught wearing?
[size=14pt]I won’t be caught wearing an underwear or a G-string[/size].
But I haven’t seen you on skirts!
I do wear skirts when I’m doing some chores at home.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/30/i-don%E2%80%99t-wear-under-wears-weird-mc/
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by neily(f): 2:56am On Jan 31, 2010
How can she wear an underwear when she is a lesbian. Since she is the man in the world of lesbianism, how can she do normal things like a girl.
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by chiogo(f): 3:06am On Jan 31, 2010
Ewww.
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by sjeezy8: 3:11am On Jan 31, 2010
yuck dat betch is whoogly and just ewww
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by THEAMAKA(f): 4:34am On Jan 31, 2010
people actually buy her music?!?!?!? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i remember i posted one of her songs on NL as a joke and FL thought she was a man. grin grin grin
SHE IS SO WHACK, BEYOND WHACK!!!
AND SO DAMN FUGLY.
but i guess, more grease to her elbow. . .
undecided
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 4:50am On Jan 31, 2010
neily:

How can she wear an underwear when she is a lesbian. Since she is the man in the world of lesbianism, how can she do normal things like a girl.
Lesbians don't wear undies?
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by bawomolo(m): 5:00am On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Lesbians don't wear undies?

butch dyke wearing a g-string? she isn't the "femme" kind of lesbian
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 5:39am On Jan 31, 2010
bawomolo:

butch dyke wearing a g-string?  she isn't the "femme" kind of lesbian

Did she say she is a lesbian apart from people's suspicion?. That woman fit bang Sjeezy clean mouth sharp sharp.

She looks old sha and more like miss avatar.

Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by sexyLeamon(f): 5:42am On Jan 31, 2010
Weird Mc indeed shocked
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 5:49am On Jan 31, 2010
THE AMAKA:

people actually buy her music?!?!?!?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i remember i posted one of her songs on NL as a joke and FL thought she was a man.  grin grin grin
SHE IS SO WHACK, BEYOND WHACK!!!
AND SO DAMN FUGLY.
but i guess, more grease to her elbow. . .
  undecided

This her song is not bad o but it's not good enough to make a fan pay N200k for her shopping. That gist na lie.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HulLxwTTOSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by Dimka76(m): 8:34am On Jan 31, 2010
@Alloy, God bless u jare. So d man jus put 200k for pocket they wait Weird Mc? Hmmmm. The babe is refreshingly wowougly! As she be lesbo she for reject the man gift. Her songs at best are annoying.
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2010
Lol, she for at least claim someone paid N5K for her and not N200k. Nigerians do not worship celebrities like that and how much less Weird MC. Not even Omotola can receive that kind of favor from a fan unless the man is planning to bang her.

Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by Amigoz(f): 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2010
@ topic

that is NOT weird @ WMC undecided
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by bawomolo(m): 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Did she say she is a lesbian apart from people's suspicion?. That woman fit bang Sjeezy clean mouth sharp sharp.

She looks old sha and more like miss avatar.

aloy what heterosexual man would want to hit that?
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2010
bawomolo:

aloy what heterosexual man would want to hit that?

Sefago and Sjeezy grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by THEAMAKA(f): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2010
that's a man. tongue
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by megachild: 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
angry sad cry SHE IS A WOMAN ANYWAY I DONT EXPECT HER TO BE MUCH CONSCIOUS ABOUT HER UNDER WEARS, I LOVE HER LATEST SINGLE ANYWAY { HAPPY DAY}. MORE POWER TO HER ELBOW
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by bawomolo(m): 7:21pm On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

no comment grin
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by spikedcylinder: 8:33pm On Jan 31, 2010
She indirectly admitted to being a lesbian. Hmnnnnn. . . . .
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by mamagee3(f): 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2010
That man talks like a demented fellow.
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2010

wetin dey with her dunce cap sef - did she spend too much time in the corner of the class as a kid
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by londoner: 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2010
She had an interview on I think Nigezie, and she said she wears boxer shorts.
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by ebonyz: 11:50pm On Jan 31, 2010
Does she do period? what does she wear then? cheesy
maybe she uses tampoons undecided
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 2:35am On Feb 01, 2010
ebonyz:

Does she do period? what does she wear then? cheesy
maybe she uses tampoons undecided

No, all her eggs are fried.
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by bawomolo(m): 3:21am On Feb 01, 2010
aloy-emeka:

No, all her eggs are fried.

ha ha, she does look odd wearing that dunce cap. 
weird mc is obviously a butch dyke. she would be in a biker gang wearing leather and wrangler jeans if she was american.
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 01, 2010
aloy-emeka:

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by SEFAGO(m): 4:24am On Feb 01, 2010
aloy-emeka:

angry I wish their was a vomit icon undecided

Maybe sjeezy, but me?
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 7:18am On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

angry I wish their was a vomit icon undecided

Maybe sjeezy, but me?

Weird-Jeezy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by THEAMAKA(f): 7:22am On Feb 01, 2010
what husband? shocked shocked shocked shocked OMG!!! wearing a dress while cleaning, i can only imagine. lipsrsealed
it's just too weird. she's just a man inside and out, even the voice.
undecided
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by riversman: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2010
whats the BIG deal if she is a LEZbo?? those that knew her in London, confirmed she was a lesbo and neva hid it.

When she got to naija it was a different terrain, so she adapted. Folks are not too accepting as naija is very conservative and religious, so she kept a low key romantic life. She is not tryna be a GAY rights activist either.

LEAVE the chic alone. if she is ugly or fine, her partners will like her that way. Her music is nice, dont hate!!!!!!
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by aloyemeka2: 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
riversman:

whats the BIG deal if she is a LEZbo?? those that knew her in London, confirmed she was a lesbo and neva hid it.

When she got to naija it was a different terrain, so she adapted. Folks are not too accepting as naija is very conservative and religious, so she kept a low key romantic life. She is not tryna be a GAY rights activist either.

LEAVE the chic alone. if she is ugly or fine, her partners will like her that way. Her music is nice, dont hate!!!!!!

LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Wear Under Wears – Weird Mc by bawomolo(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2010
riversman:

riverman and his imaginary sources to the rescue grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barack Obama's Family Life (see Photos) / Meet The Sexy Female Chef Who Cooks N*ked On Her TV Show (+photos & Video) / Destiny Etiko Flaunts Her Amazing Curves In Bikini (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.