Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,404 members, 7,954,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray (2301 Views)

Yoruba Elders Must Save Osinbajo From Disgrace – Bode George / 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition / "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
Call me your compatriot.

I'm your friend. A true Nigerian who yearns for peace and progress of his country.

I'll be glad to share my opinion and that of those I represent, on the way out of the nation's present predicament.

It's natural for siblings to have misunderstanding at times. What makes all the difference is how they reconcile their differences.

Nigeria is like a human body. Each part needs the other. For this reason, the federal government should look beyond the agitation for Biafra to find out the reason for their agitation.

Set up a commit that will investigate their source of fund. If their sponsors can be traced and arrested, the boys will go and look for decent job to do. On her part, the government should do more towards engaging Nigerian youths with gainful employment. When they are busy, they won't have time for nonsense.

To achieve this, we need a visionary leader whose policies will be potent enough to suppress corruption and insurgency without fear or favour, and at the same time, promote economic growth

If Buhari is medically unfit to continue with the good work he started in 2015, the presidency should be fair to Nigerians by saying so. At such, since power rotation has turned North, the good people of this country will have no problem to get a credible replacement from the North while osibanjo continues as vice.

The constitution might have said something like a vice succeeding his boss if the later is incapacitated. But obviously, such political correctness, if followed, will only plunge the nation into deeper crises for several reasons.

1st, osibanjo is a political tenderfoot. Worse than his inexperience is his obvious lack of courage to lead the nation out the present quagmire. A man who cannot say boo to a goose will certainly have no answer to our present economic and political needs.

This is the time for Yoruba elders to demonstrate their statesmanship by guiding osibanjo in the direction of peace and fairness.
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by cowardafonja: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by cowardafonja: 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
givbitcoin:
Call me your compatriot.

I'm your friend. A true Nigerian who yearns for peace and progress of his country.

I'll be glad to share my opinion and that of those I represent, on the way out of the nation's present predicament.

It's natural for siblings to have misunderstanding at times. What makes all the difference is how they reconcile their differences.

Nigeria is like a human body. Each part needs the other. For this, the federal govern should look beyond the agitation for Biafra to find out the reason for their agitation.

[s]Set up a commit that will investigate their source of fund. If their sponsors can be traced and arrested, the boys will go and look for decent job to do. On her part, the government should do more towards engaging Nigerian youths with gainful employment. When they are busy, they won't have time for nonsense.[/s]

To achieve this, we need a visionary leader whose policies will be potent enough to suppress corruption and insurgency without fear or favour, and at the same time, promote economic growth

If Buhari is medically unfit to continue with the good work he started in 2015, the presidency should be fair to Nigerians by saying so. At such, since power rotation has turned North, the good people of this country will have no problem to get a credible replacement from the North while osibanjo continues as vice.

The constitution might have said something like a vice succeeding his boss if the later is incapacitated. But obviously, such political correctness, if followed, will only plunge the nation into deeper crises for several reasons.

1st, osibanjo is a political tenderfoot. Worse than his inexperience is his obvious lack of courage to lead the nation out the present quagmire. A man who cannot say boo to a goose will certainly have no answer to our present economic and political needs.

This is the time for Yoruba elders to demonstrate their statesmanship by guiding osibanjo in the direction of peace and fairness.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by Guestlander: 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
"At such, since power rotation has turned North, the good people of this country will have no problem to get a credible replacement from the North while osibanjo continues as vice.

The constitution might have said something like a vice succeeding his boss if the later is incapacitated. But obviously, such political correctness, if followed, will only plunge the nation into deeper crises for several reasons."

With all due respect, this is pure, undiluted bullshit.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by CharlotteFlair: 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
This Op is an inconsequential yorrobber high on Oshogbo weed!

Now that you have been noticed, kindly crawl back to your osun groove to continue your skull mining and leave politics for intelligent minds.

Quote me out of context and watch the trio of Amadioha, Alukwu Emeke and Iyiafor Enyiogwugwu strike your mouth to pieces.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
with all due respect, this is pure, undiluted bullshit.

On the contrary, that is the only way out of the present mess
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
This Op is an inconsequential yorrobber high on Oshogbo weed!

Now that you have been noticed, kindly crawl back to your osun groove to continue your skull mining and leave politics for intelligent minds.

Quote me out of context and watch the trio of Amadioha, Alukwu Emeke and Iyiafor Enyiogwugwu strike your mouth to pieces.

Get some respect. I won't bother replying you next time
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by Guestlander: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
givbitcoin:

On that contrary, that is the only way out of the present mess

The only way? Says who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
Guestlander:

The only way? Says who?
What do you suggest? Would you rather have osibanjo destroy this country?
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by Guestlander: 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
givbitcoin:

What do you suggest? Would you rather have osibanjo destroy this country?

What made you think Osinbajo will destroy the country? He is not even the substantial president yet and you have concluded that he would destroy the country. What is the basis for this rather bizarre conclusion or fear that Osinbajo would destroy the country?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2017
Guestlander:

What made you think Osinbajo will destroy the country? He is not even the substantial president yet and you have concluded that he would destroy the country. What is the basis for this rather bizarre conclusion or fear that Osinbajo would destroy the country?

You do not need a prophet to know that osibanjo will perform poorly. He has no mind of his own. Take the most recent drama as a case study. Despite being a laywer, he used a private lawyer's mischievous remark as a reference point to undermine the role of the legislature. Such is not the leader we want except we are prepared to sink lower.
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by pezest: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
givbitcoin:
Call me your compatriot.

Nigeria is like a human body. Each part needs the other. For this reason, the federal government should look beyond the agitation for Biafra to find out the reason for their agitation.

Set up a commit that will investigate their source of fund. If their sponsors can be traced and arrested, the boys will go and look for decent job to do. On her part, the government should do more towards engaging Nigerian youths with gainful employment. When they are busy, they won't have time for nonsense.

Don't expect power in the north anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by fyneguy: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Rubbish!
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
pezest:

Don't expect power in the north anytime soon
We shall see
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by SIRTee15: 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Osibanjo will complete this term in any case buhari is incapacitated........
Nigerians will decide what happens in 2019.......

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
SIRTee15:
Osibanjo will complete this term in any case buhari is incapacitated........
Nigerians will decide what happens in 2019.......

2 years is such a long time to gamble. In such time of necessity, radical approach can be employed to get things right
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by mrnigerdelta: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
the op is a bloody aboki idiot

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by OVI75(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
Av Never Read a More Stupid Post On Niaraland.

Mods Come and Delete This Unstable Fellow....

Let The North Try Nonsense With active President Osibanjo And They Will See Fire..

Bunch of Retards

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by SuperS1Panther: 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
this fouta jallon descendant and pikin of marauding killer herdmens that speaks fulfude and his paranoid obsession over the fear of Osinbanjo becoming President is gradually turning to a classical example of insanity.

Nigeria is not a country of Fulanis. We all own this country and you CANNOT dictate to anybody apart from your HAUSA slaves.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
this fouta jallon descendant and pikin of marauding killer herdmens that speaks fulfude and his paranoid obsession over the fear of Osinbanjo becoming President is gradually turning to a classical example of insanity.

Nigeria is not a country of Fulanis. We all own this country and you CANNOT dictate to anybody apart from your HAUSA slaves.

It's typical of children to insult people online. So I will ignore that. I'm quite sure the elders of Yoruba land are reasoning along the right path. What we are actually doing is to remind them the need to hasten their efforts before things go wrong.

I've given cogent reasons why Osibanjo should step aside but you refused to consider those reasons. If you truly love this country, you would not support his ascendancy.

Nobody will choose violence over peace. We are for peace. All we are saying is that the North must not be shortchanged again.

If osibanjo does the honourable thing, we Will continue to live as brothers and sisters. But if you think you can take advantage of Buhari's illness, then we will be quick to remind you that Abiola had been that stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
givbitcoin:

It's typical of children to insult people online. So I will ignore that. I'm quite sure the elders of Yoruba land are reasoning along the right path. What we are actually doing is to remind them the need to hasten their efforts before things go wrong.

I've given cogent reasons why Osibanjo should step aside but you refused to consider those reasons. If you truly love this country, you would not support his ascendancy.

Nobody will choose violence over peace. We are for peace. All we are saying is that the North must not be shortchanged again.

If osibanjo does the honourable thing, we Will continue to live as brothers and sisters. But if you think you can take advantage of Buhari's illness, then we will be quick to remind you that Abiola had been that stupid.

We will also remind you of Yar adua. Equation balance, now can we move on please, Osibanjo is just the acting president and stop wishing the substantive president death.
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by dealslip(f): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
Let no one be fooled the OP hates Osinbajo with a passion. I strongly suspect he is a northerner. All his post are anti Osinbajo. Even this one is a subtle one. He would rather die than see Osinbajo the throne

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by dealslip(f): 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
givbitcoin:

And if it was the other way round would the North ever accept. Do you see why no one wants to be with the North. Power hungry and self centered

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by givbitcoin: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
dealslip:
Let no one be fooled the OP hates Osinbajo with a passion. I strongly suspect he is a northerner. All his post are anti Osinbajo. Even this one is a subtle one. He would rather die than see Osinbajo the throne

It's embarrassing to read people accusing others of hating osibanjo. For what exactly? As for me, Osibanjo is a learned gentleman who should not be allowed to go astray.

Nigeria is more like a nation on her formative stage and leadership isn't for the likes osibanjo. I gave my reason earlier. So anybody supporting osibanjo is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by SuperS1Panther: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
givbitcoin:

What we are making clear to you is -- You CANNOT be issuing threats to others that they cannot contest or they should not contest.

Is it your father's post? Is every Nigerian not entitled to aspire to the highest office of the land? IF Osinbanjo decideds to contest, what will happen? Max he will lose and so?

Your threat can only work on Hausas and the people you issued your lame ultimatum on that you called Kaduna Declaration. It cannot work with us. Get that straight.

You are for peace and you are threatening as if Nigeria is Fulanis' Estate? We are equally for peace but thinking your threat will move an hair is a share waste of time. threat will equally begats threat.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by alcmene: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
Unfortunately, Yorubas don't have elders rather they have the same set of bribe-taking NADECO officials who didn't bate an eyelid in exchanging Abiola's life for a bag of money in Aso rock.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by alcmene: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

What we are making clear to you is -- You CANNOT be issuing threats to others that they cannot contest or they should not contest.

Is it your father's post? Is every Nigerian not entitled to aspire to the highest office of the land? IF Osinbanjo decideds to contest, what will happen? Max he will lose and so?

Your threat can only work on Hausas and the people you issued your lame ultimatum on that you called Kaduna Declaration. It cannot work with us. Get that straight.

You are for peace and you are threatening as if Nigeria is Fulanis' Estate? We are equally for peace but thinking your threat will move an hair is a share waste of time. threat will equally begats threat.

Seem them chest beating as if they can do shittt. Fulanis are still lording over your kinsmen in Ilorin and lest you forget, a whole acting president was asked to shut up by an ordinary minister and all the fake pastor could do was to summon SANs to reassure him of his safety.

Jonathan the acclaimed weakling wasted no time in firing the AGF when he said the incapacitated yaradua can rule from anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by cowardafonja: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
Yorubas are truly cowards. Shame on fallen demons grin
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by cowardafonja: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
alcmene:
Unfortunately, Yorubas don't have elders rather they have the same set of bribe-taking NADECO officials who didn't bate an eyelid in exchanging Abiola's life for a bag of money in Aso rock.

I read somewhere on Facebook that Yoruba Muslims vowed to bring the mere commissioner down because he is a Christian. They will sell him like the sold Abiola

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by SuperS1Panther: 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
alcmene:

Seem them chest beating as if they can do shittt. Fulanis are still lording over your kinsmen in Ilorin and lest you forget, a whole acting president was asked to shut up by an ordinary minister and all the fake pastor could do was to summon SANs to reassure him of his safety.

Jonathan the acclaimed weakling wasted no time in firing the AGF when he said the incapacitated yaradua can rule from anywhere.

What is this vegetable Osu Jew saying?

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by fineboynl(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
another unity beggar.
Re: Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray by Outofsync(m): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
givbitcoin:
Call me your compatriot.

So you admit the constitution gives Osinbanjo the right to ascend if Buhari passes on yet you want us to waive that, while on the other hand you denouce Igbos by saying the constitution does not allow for a referendum to be conducted

Talk about talking with both sides of the mouth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan React To Mr Osita Okechukwu(von) Corruption Scandal / Breaking News; The Current Status Of Nnamdi Kanu Uncovered / Photo Of The Day - When You Shout Happy Independence In Aba, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.