Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2102735 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (1716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 2:04am On Aug 23, 2021
dollarnaira:
Before LifePo4 wud result in fire, it mean it has bn overly and extremely abused. At 45 to 60 degrees.
We had two Pylontech batteries catch on fire. And we still can tell why. Massive cell level failure

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:42am On Aug 23, 2021
chris81964:

We had two Pylontech batteries catch on fire. And we still can tell why. Massive cell level failure

Waoh. What could have been responsible? Cos even DIY LFPs on this forum haven't reported fire incidents. I had a little 18650 fire incidence a fairly long time ago from my negligence though but it was a small pack (4s16p). But peeps here with more massive 18650 packs have gone by without fire problems.

Pylontech isn't Li-ion, is it? We're the two units in one installation site or different sites? I think you really need to conclude investigations on this incident to have proper closure and know what and what not to avoid in its use. Cos even less professional level packs in huge banks have apparently been doing fine. I have not even heard any such incidences with Felicity. But Pylontech? Mhen!

@ Oga nìyí ìs pylontech user for a number of installations. What d'you think may have happened?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cluewebhost(m): 4:56am On Aug 23, 2021
chris81964:

saint2ace practically chased me from the thread when I mentioned this.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:20am On Aug 23, 2021
GeorgeD1:

bro, its a bit gratifying to know you were on my side 2 or 3 years ago but i really don't think its about taking sides.
and if we should really take sides i think we should always be on the winning side. and, for me the winning side will
be the side that works/performs without stress.
i don't know what formula you used to derive your calculation which makes 2v 2000ah equal to 3.2v 280ah but i can
assure you there's nothing frightening about the size of my battery bank. a lot of effort was put into arriving at a
right size bank for my household needs and when the opportunity came knocking i gave it all i could muster and like
they say, the rest is history.
not everyone has the constraints of space and not everyone bothers about weight so what might be a show stopper
for you might just be a walk in the park for another person.
like i said before, lets leave all the options open and keep a balanced thread. lead acid will be with us for a long time
to come even as lithium continues to gain acceptance.

well said chief...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:00am On Aug 23, 2021
It would be great if you are able to share the outcome of root cause analysis for the Pylontech issues you experienced as soon as that information becomes available.

chris81964:

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 6:08am On Aug 23, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Please believe that there is no innuendo or sarcasm here but by your own accounting on your youtube channel you have had installs of various products catch on fire and ruined a number of battery brands.

In recent memory, I recall you had trouble with Deye inverters bricked, Nissan leaf swollen and Weco batteries ruined with the root causes 'to be determined'.

These issues, fires, failures may have nothing to do with the products themselves but with the deployment methods used or the demands placed on the products.

If you are able to share the root cause analysis results for the Pylontech issues or another fire incident then this would be very good.

Boss, na good lawyer you be oo cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:09am On Aug 23, 2021
Pylontech is LFP to be clear Lithium ion phosphate which is a relatively stable chemistry.

In several 100s of units we have installed or supported, I have not heard of or experienced any failures, I am not even talking about catching fire but I mean zero failures or returns. I know some dealers and installers too and not heard any report this failure mode.

On the foreign forums I have read of lightning hits and surges taking out the electronics in the battery and people welding contacts when they used too few batteries with too large of an inverter (due to the inverter startup inrush current) or load.

Oga Chris is best placed to give further insights into the batteries and what befell them.

ceaser:

Waoh. What could have been responsible? Cos even DIY LFPs on this forum haven't reported fire incidents. I had a little 18650 fire incidence a fairly long time ago from my negligence though but it was a small pack (4s16p). But peeps here with more massive 18650 packs have gone by without fire problems.

Pylontech isn't Li-ion, is it? We're the two units in one installation site or different sites? I think you really need to conclude investigations on this incident to have proper closure and know what and what not to avoid in its use. Cos even less professional level packs in huge banks have apparently been doing fine. I have not even heard any such incidences with Felicity. But Pylontech? Mhen!

@ Oga nìyí ìs pylontech user for a number of installations. What d'you think may have happened?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:16am On Aug 23, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Pylontech is LFP to be clear Lithium ion phosphate which is a relatively stable chemistry.

In several 100s of units we have installed or supported, I have not heard of or experienced any failures, I am not even talking about catching fire but I mean zero failures or returns. I know some dealers and installers too and not heard any report this failure mode.

On the foreign forums I have read of lightning hits and surges taking out the electronics in the battery and people welding contacts when they used too few batteries with too large of an inverter (due to the inverter startup inrush current) or load.

Oga Chris is best placed to give further insights into the batteries and what befell them.

Waiting patiently, Fingers crossed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:17am On Aug 23, 2021
chris81964:

Go online u will see Lead acids on fire. I have client who installed his lead acids in a generator house for fear of "in case of in cacity". Is like avoiding to drive a car just bc a neighbour's car had an accident. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2021
dollarnaira:

Go online u will see Lead acids on fire. I have client who installed his lead acids in a generator house for fear of "in case of in cacity". Is like avoiding to drive a car just bc a neighbour's car had an accident. grin

In fact I intended to mention that of lead acid catching fires too earlier on but it skipped my mind. So catching fires is not the exclusivity of lithium chemistries. However my short stint with that 18650 fire made me know that it's not in the leagues of LA fires. It is potentially incendiary and putting out the fire may be the hardest (I think it is a class III - class three- fire which typically defies water and even the common fire extinguishers). That of lead acid isn't so common but not desirable nonetheless and the fact that it is related to the hydrogen gas produced from the vent brings some relief. I hammer it into the ears of clients, most of which are basically naive, that no naked flames near the batteries.

Even one was hell bent on having her tubular installed inside the cramped passage of her house. Being my street neighbour, I know some of her negligent attitudes so I explained why I am seriously uncomfortable with her suggestion leaving out that part about my observation. That I did pro bono installation for her doesn't mean she won't be breathing down my neck for setting her own house on fire. Of course I prevailed upon her to use LFP and still had it installed in her verandah with adequate ventilation.

What gives me some rest of mind regarding 18650 is its use in many commercially available battery packs like MTN lumous and BB jump thingy. And there has been no accidents with such widespread deployment. So once you do the connections right, the ills are avoided. If I have to use 18650s, the BMS must have temperature probes and use of resistor fuses is sacrosanct. In one instance like that I accidentally shorted a bank while connecting the wires, all those resistor fuses to that side burnt. Such relief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2021
5kwh 24v felicity lithium battery now available, #520,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2021
100Ah 12v Gacia battery available in stock, #50,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2021
2v 600Ah Rubitec battery available, #75,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2021
200w All in One solar street light available, #18,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2021
60A epever MPPT charge controller available, #150,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2021
mctfopt:

I need it to be portable and also rugged. The total weight of the contents is around 14kg. Does yours come with a handle so it can easily moved around?

Came across this David Poz' link. He used beer crate. I think coca cola crate can fit into your application too with maybe a few modifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5HWCpJE1lo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
ceaser:

Came across this David Poz' link. He used beer crate. I think coca cola crate can fit into your application too with maybe a few modifications.

I like this concept grin

Thanks for sharing cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
ceaser:

It's a milk crate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2021
Namzy:

It's a milk crate

Oh. I see cheesy

You know for 9ja, fresh milk is a rarity. So when you hear crate, what comes to mind first is beer or soft drink.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2021
ceaser:

Oh. I see cheesy

You know for 9ja, fresh milk is a rarity. So when you hear crate, what comes to mind first is beer or soft drink.

Fresh milk plenty for north na is that not what is used for wara? Coca-Cola, beer crates should suffice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
ojeysky:

Fresh milk plenty for north na is that not what is used for wara? Coca-Cola, beer crates should suffice

Fresh milk that is unpasteurised? Is that one fresh milk? cheesy Before person go and ingest Mycobacterium bovis.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
ceaser:

Fresh milk that is unpasteurised? Is that one fresh milk? cheesy Before person go and ingest Mycobacterium bovis.

Lol.....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2021
olopan:
Care to provide the manual for all to give you their input

the user settings can not be done manually. It has to be set through pc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 5:41am On Aug 24, 2021
Hi
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 5:47am On Aug 24, 2021
kiekie1:
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a ...... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Greetings sir. You buy scrap/dead battery. How about battery that it's case is cracked and leaking electrolyte. I have a battery I want to sell. 100ah and 150ah. Do you also buy 4.5ah, 7ah? All are 12v. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2021
Ok, kindly give the name of your controller and model

I will whip something up, hopefully if seen

Deluxe8000:
the user settings can not be done manually. It has to be set through pc

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:37am On Aug 24, 2021
olaolu11:

Greetings sir. You buy scrap/dead battery. How about battery that it's case is cracked and leaking electrolyte. I have a battery I want to sell. 100ah and 150ah. Do you also buy 4.5ah, 7ah? All are 12v. Thanks

Yes , send me pictures via contact details below. Thanks

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:14am On Aug 24, 2021
Please help me for here o. Na someone tell me say a vendor sent him this and that he maintained that the capacities are NOT FAKE but true capacities. He said he gave him links of sellers that had fake capacities to compare. He was even angry at me for disagreeing with the seller's claim of true capacities.

Na I'm í come dey look say these capacities claimed to be authentic are actually fake for a 12v Li-ion pack. Abeg make una help me look before I start to dey confuse myself.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2021
Limited stock! HURRY!!

Quanta 200a battery ..... 145,000 "2 units above" , 150,000 "unit price".

Leoch 200a battery ... 145,000

Starplus 220a Tubular battery ... 120,000

Exulted 230a Tubular battery.... 125,000

Genus 230a lead carbon Tubular battery... 140,000

Ritar 200AH 12V battery price is 140,000/- per battery.
Quantity price : 135,000

Ritar 150AH 12V slim ..... "Expecting"

Ritar 105AH 12V Slim ... "Expecting"

CD Techno 12v 196a slim battery ....185k

COSMOS BATTERY Available Now With One Year Warranty!

12v 7.5ahs Battery... 7,000.00

12v 100ahs Battery... 60,000.00

12v 200ahs Battery.. 115,000.00

12v 250ahs Battery.. 130,000.00

MERCURY BATTERY Available Now With One Year Warranty!

Mercury 100ahs deep cycle battery ..60,000

Schneider 850va 12v pure sine wave solar inverter .. 66,000

Schneider 1.5kva 24v pure sine wave solar inverter .... 80,000

All brand new with standard warranty!

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2021
OkoroPeugeot:

How much can I get 150w panels

12v 160w , 170w & 180w mono panels available !

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2021
GeorgeD1:

i couldn't have said it better. and for someone not trying to offload any solar wares to prospective clients, that
says a lot.
and like someone said in a previous message we been through all this lithium vs lead thingy a while back so i'm
not really going to do a repeat. lithium is still evolving and going mainstream by the day and for a long time to
come will be just another option besides lead acid. let us take that into account as we dissect info on this thread
so that newbies planning to take the renewables route would not necessarily get the idea that one option is evil
and to be avoided at all cost while the other option is good and to be embraced regardless of the cost.
balance of info is key here to avoid peeps being led astray.

Wise words from the Bossman himself.. Gracias !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2021
Harvest is terible this week never saw so much overcasted clouds like this week

in other news does anybody knows who can repair an inverter Generator? need help ASAP thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (1716) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: adrusa, HeavenlyBang(m), Xanderone, deking(m), tjsadiq(m), loluskysat(m), Hero2t and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.