Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,454 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2044239 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Otunbahamzy: 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
Good evening bosses, I have an axpert hybrid inverter. It doesn't go off. If I switch it off from the button, it will just continue to restart. I tend to put it off by removing the negative cable from the battery. Kindly assist with troubleshooting guide. Or if there is any repairer in sagamu or Abeokuta
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Nobi dis type?
It's not the actual one I'm looking for.
I'll do some adjustment and go for the 200A I'm seeing in Solar Depot.
Thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
mangolpupa:

Picture 2 is well suited for that task of measuring a pass through current/voltage.

Picture 1 multimeter is not since you need to establish physical contact.

If you are going to buy any multimeter, try and get an auto-ranging one. its easier and less cumbersome. For the ones in the picture, you really need to know the range of what you are measuring before you get the right feedback from the multimeter.

It's noted, thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babavik: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
justcallmenuel:
118L Bona solar freezer available, #180,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Please what is the current price of this product??

Do you have a showroom in Anambra State??

Do you also fix if one should buy??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

For the shipment, do you have idea what is the range of cost and what method of shipping/logistics Comp. Is used

It depends on if she can fill up a CBM. She does shared shipping so the cost is reduced.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2023
isangjohnson:

When are you expecting the cells?

She said 2 to 3 months. That means early March to April, if there's no delay.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
mank1234:

It depends on if she can fill up a CBM. She does shared shipping so the cost is reduced.
OK it nice.

So if I want to make a purchase I don't have to bother too much about logistics.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
odimbannamdi:
DC meter to provide 360-view of the vitals of your inverter system. It comes with 200A shunt.

Price: 10,000 firm

Few units left

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ozone0801(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
Good day my Ogas,
Is yohako CC a good product to buy?
I saw the 60A for 68k
And the 100A for 130k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
Otunbahamzy:
Good evening bosses, I have an axpert hybrid inverter. It doesn't go off. If I switch it off from the button, it will just continue to restart. I tend to put it off by removing the negative cable from the battery. Kindly assist with troubleshooting guide. Or if there is any repairer in sagamu or Abeokuta
What do you mean by "continue to restart" ?, does it go into a loop or it just continues it's operation without switching off ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
ozone0801:
Good day my Ogas,
I saw the 60A for 68k
And the 100A for 130k

Personally, I don't know. Though someone here once said it's a glorified PWM and the comment was countered by another person that said there are fake/imitation of yohako products.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2023
mank1234:

She said 2 to 3 months. That means early March to April, if there's no delay.
Has anyone shipped cells via nonikings before? Care to share your experience?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ozone0801(m): 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
Juror:

Personally, I don't know. Though someone here once said it's a glorified PWM and the comment was countered by another person that said there are fake/imitation of yohako products.
Is there any good alternative MPPT that's pocket friendly
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by munchies: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello guys. Lovely job you all are doing from discussions to advise being dished out.
I need advice though.

I want installing solar to power a 3bedroom bungalow.

1 double door fridge
3 TVs ( all won't be on at same time)
Sound system
Energy saving bulbs.

How many KVA inveter will power this and what capacity of lithium battery and how many 350w of solar panels will be suitable?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2023
ozone0801:

Is there any good alternative MPPT that's pocket friendly

Powmr, you get it from many sellers here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Otunbahamzy: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2023
It goes into a loop and won't stop until I remove the cable from the battery terminal. It just continue to go on/off till I remove the cable from the battery

Juror:

What do you mean by "continue to restart" ?, does it go into a loop or it just continues it's operation without switching off ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
munchies:
Hello guys. Lovely job you all are doing from discussions to advise being dished out.
I need advice though.

I want installing solar to power a 3bedroom bungalow.

1 double door fridge
3 TVs ( all won't be on at same time)
Sound system
Energy saving bulbs.

How many KVA inveter will power this and what capacity of lithium battery and how many 350w of solar panels will be suitable?

Thanks in anticipation.

state the power rating of the sound system and how many units of energy saving bulbs and their Watts. Because it's possible people call white lights energy saving and go ahead to have like 50 of them in addition to those inside chandeliers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
Otunbahamzy:
It goes into a loop and won't stop until I remove the cable from the battery terminal. It just continue to go on/off till I remove the cable from the battery

Maybe just a bad switch?
Let's expect responses from current/former Axpert users
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Cassie74: 7:49am On Jan 08, 2023
What and what can this power...how many acs or tvs

. MSW right?

2. Transfer switch available?

3. What voltage does the voltage turn charger, one I use one time does so at 14.7V float
[/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2023
Most questions asked here already have answers within the thread. Make use of the search botton above.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
kiekie1:
UP FOR SALE!!

A&E 15kva (45-270vac input range) relay stab up for sale. Less than a month use with standard warranty

FIRM PRICE: N195,000

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

A unit available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ...

12v 200a .... N23,000
12v 150a.....N17,000
12v 100a.......N11,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within some parts of Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
ozone0801:
Good day my Ogas,
I saw the 60A for 68k
And the 100A for 130k

I'm using the 100A and it's doing great so far
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Anyone with the following should DM:
1) 4mm twin core cable or single core (black and red)
2) 2 pieces DC 2P 16A or 20A breaker
3) 1 piece DC 2P 150A circuit breaker or battery disconnect
4) 63A or 80A over voltage under voltage protector
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Forrkke: 12:21am On Jan 09, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Where is ur panel facing. Eg N, E, S or W,
wat kind of wire was used to connect ur panel to charge controller n ur charge controller to battery
Snap ur charge controller
How can u tell it not charging, ur battery might b damaged
Do u av a battery monitor installed?
Have u made complaints to d installer?

Thanks for the prompt response, and sorry this is coming late.

1- I don’t really know that

2- it’s a thick black wire that has two blue and black wires inside of it. It connects to the 30A charge controller and then the 100ah 12v battery

3- I’ll take a picture tomorrow

4- battery is working fine when charged with Nepa

5- no, I don’t

6- Yes, he’s out of the state. Busys my call as if I’m disturbing him.

From my observation and what someone told me, it seems the panels are not generating enough sunlight power, probably due to the way they are positioned.

Someone also suggested that an MPTT CC might resolve the issue.

Or can I find another installer to help me check the placement of the panels? I’m in Lagos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:25am On Jan 09, 2023
From all these I can tell u the following.
1. Your battery is still 5n. But won't stay like that for long cause you will most likely b doing more than 50% without u knowing if uve discharged 50a from it. So get a battery monitor. Someone sells for 10k here
2. Ur panels are not well positioned. If ure using one 12v 100a battery. It's most likely u av 2 150/200w panels. (State ur panel wattage)
3. U only av a single 12v 100a battery charged with 300/400w panel. Pwm is ok.. mppt will b a waste of money is this instance as ur panels won't give sufficient voc for d mppt to convert excess volts.
4. The blue n black wires are in grade. If 4mm cable was used to connect ur charge controller to ur battery. It won't b able to carry d up to 25a.
5. What kind of load do u power from 4pm down
Forrkke:

Thanks for the prompt response, and sorry this is coming late.

1- I don’t really know that

2- it’s a thick black wire that has two blue and black wires inside of it. It connects to the 30A charge controller and then the 100ah 12v battery

3- I’ll take a picture tomorrow

4- battery is working fine when charged with Nepa

5- no, I don’t

6- Yes, he’s out of the state. Busys my call as if I’m disturbing him.

From my observation and what someone told me, it seems the panels are not generating enough sunlight power, probably due to the way they are positioned.

Someone also suggested that an MPTT CC might resolve the issue.

Or can I find another installer to help me check the placement of the panels? I’m in Lagos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Forrkke: 8:17am On Jan 09, 2023
Jefferyzz:
From all these I can tell u the following.
1. Your battery is still 5n. But won't stay like that for long cause you will most likely b doing more than 50% without u knowing if uve discharged 50a from it. So get a battery monitor. Someone sells for 10k here
2. Ur panels are not well positioned. If ure using one 12v 100a battery. It's most likely u av 2 150/200w panels. (State ur panel wattage)
3. U only av a single 12v 100a battery charged with 300/400w panel. Pwm is ok.. mppt will b a waste of money is this instance as ur panels won't give sufficient voc for d mppt to convert excess volts.
4. The blue n black wires are in grade. If 4mm cable was used to connect ur charge controller to ur battery. It won't b able to carry d up to 25a.
5. What kind of load do u power from 4pm down

Thanks for the prompt response

1. Will consider that

2. Panels are 150w each

3. Thought as much

4. Lemme see if I can confirm the type of cable

5. Just charge gadgets for the night, four 5w bulbs, and then switch it off by 11pm before going to bed, knowing it can’t last the night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 10:15am On Jan 09, 2023
Good Morning all

Anyone here can suggest the cheapest way to charge a 24v 55Ah lifepo4 battery to fill...my 24v inverter stops at 27.7v�
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 10:19am On Jan 09, 2023
It shall not end well the way some installers slapstick components together for peoples installation and promptly after collecting their hard earned money proceed to form busy and ignore calls from customers. And because components are new, they will tolerate some level of abuse before promptly failing. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Forrkke: 11:09am On Jan 09, 2023
samir101ng:
It shall not end well the way some installers slapstick components together for peoples installation and promptly after collecting their hard earned money proceed to form busy and ignore calls from customers. And because components are new, they will tolerate some level of abuse before promptly failing. angry angry angry

This one even thinks he did me a favor by doing the installation for me. He said he charges more than he charged me.

He’s also a family friend, so there’s limit to how I can express my displeasure in his character and whatever rubbish he installed in my house that’s not working properly. I’m not expected to complain too much, since he charged me 10k less, according to him.

“How much you pay gan sef…” Those where his words
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 11:14am On Jan 09, 2023
samir101ng:
From the recent comments i have been seeing a lot of people it seems are using their generators to charge their batteries using the inverters internal charger. While there is nothing inherently wrong with using a generator to charge your batteries with your inverter, you need to make sure certain safety precautions and parameters are set before blowing up certain components of your system. I would like to assume that majority of the members here are using a pure sine wave inverter which outputs a clean voltage of 220-230v 50hz to your appliances. However, it doesn't like the voltage fluctuations, frequency shifts and spikes that a lot of "some" peoples generators output thereby damaging their inverters. Your generators alternator must be outputting a steady voltage to the inverter. You need to check and ensure the voltage and frequency coming out of the output of your generator going to the inverter, some inverters will refuse to charge and reject such dirty voltages but ultimately will blow a component so lets be very, very careful with the types of generators we use for charging. Generators with the AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) function are designed to maintain a consistent voltage level, causing it to be less likely to damage sensitive equipment. Named brands like Honda, Thermocool, Sumec, Fireman etc have this AVR built in but confirm to be sure that the voltage is within specs and adjusted if necessary.

Thanks for this as i am a culprit here grin
I hope installing a goodstabilizer would sort the issues u mentioned here

(1) (2) (3) ... (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: de3lar(m), futurenix(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.