Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056042 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) ... (1689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:08am On Mar 03, 2023
10kva 48v Yohako inverter available, #450,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:10am On Mar 03, 2023
10kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,250,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

With 5yrs warranty

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:59am On Mar 03, 2023
stuffs2002:
Good morning gurus,

Please which of this connection is better.

Connection 1
six solar panels connected in series/parallel to an MMPT charge controller in the manner as shown in the diagram

Connection 2
Six solar panels all connected in parallel to a PWM charge controller as shown in the second diagram

Connection 1 is best.

Pwm is best for arrays below 900w.
If not you would need very thick cables to run from panel to Cc....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AndroBlaze: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2023
Valto:
18W 56" DC/AC ceiling fan with remote control and 5meter connection cable @ 30k. other brands available @28k

Hello Valto, are the DC/AC fans still available??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Lightning can strike in the absence of rain and even during the day too.

One would need a direct line to the gods to predict when lightning could strike and also be present to effect a safe system disconnect in advance.

A working solar system should have at least the minimum protection - at least 2pcs of 6 foot earth rods sunk in the ground 18 feet apart and bonded together and the solar panel frame/rack and charge controller earth point solidly connected to the rods.

At worst the panels/rack frame should connect straight to the rods while there is another cable service from the rods into the house terminated at a busbar or similar arrangement to earth the CCs to.

The solar professor, I hail oh. Thank goodness say person no carry dictionary to grab this!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Do you have a BMS attached to your battery pack? What is the HVD on your BMS?

When the charger gets the battery pack to 14.6v what is the highest voltage on any 1 cell in the pack?

Are your cells 3.2v nominal?

The answers to these questions will help put your statements in proper perspective.

1: yes, there is a BMS bundled with the battery internally...
2: the HVD is 14.6v as I have always monitor that with a volt meter even though the charger has an indicator that turn to green from red when the battery reaches 14.6
3: I have not measured the cells before as they are all welded together in the pack (bunch of cylindrical lifepo4 batteries)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AnikeTTC: 1:17am On Mar 04, 2023
Hello Engineers in the house,

Please i need data on how to set up a solar panel system for my small appliances:-
- One TV set
- One Gotv decoder
- 20 watts (4 Nos.) Lights
- 100 watts (3 Nos.) Lights
- One socket for charging phone.
A drawing will be appreciated plus best prices for required items.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:42am On Mar 04, 2023
AnikeTTC:

Please i need data on how to set up a solar panel system for my small appliances:-
- One TV set
- One Gotv decoder
Everything you need has been posted multiple times if you read through the thread a couple of pages back

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by contease(m): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solareclips: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2023
I have 2 scrapped tubular for sale, interested dm 08098808419
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Be wary of high float voltages for LFP....

bros, I quoted you earlier. I don't know if you can chime in please...thanks in adv
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
stuffs2002:
Good morning gurus,

Please which of this connection is better.

Connection 1
six solar panels connected in series/parallel to an MMPT charge controller in the manner as shown in the diagram

Connection 2
Six solar panels all connected in parallel to a PWM charge controller as shown in the second diagram

both can be done so far you obey the rules for optimal harvest from them...I think the MPPT would be more realistic though.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2023
solareclips:
I have 2 scrapped tubular for sale, interested dm 08098808419

where is kiekie, see food o

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Smartwoods: 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2023
Jefferyzz:
I don't understand d first question. Is it that u wantu place a stab between nepa n ur hybrid inverter AC input or u wantu place a stab between ur inverter AC output n ur household load

D second question question is dependant on the max pv input of ur hybrid inverter. But if ur inverter has max voc of 150v. U can do 3s2p.

Good day bro, please my inverter has a max voc of 100v and it's a 3kva hybrid inverter, how can I get an effectiveness on it using (3) 450 watts panel on a 12V 200a(2) tubular batteries

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 2:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
Smartwoods:

Good day bro, please my inverter has a max voc of 100v and it's a 3kva hybrid inverter, how can I get an effectiveness on it using (3) 450 watts panel on a 12V 200a(2) tubular batteries

Thank you

Hello bro...

To help you get prompt and effective advise from experienced folks here, consider mentioning the brand of the Hybrid inverter (and the CC technology [MPPT or PWM]), batteries and panels (I recognize that it may be diffucult to get a picture of the nameplate showing the specs since they are already mounted). Better still, send current pics of the harvest as shown on the inverter screen

Also state the connection configuration of the panels and confirm whether the batteries are connected in a 12v (parallel) or 24v (series) connection

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
AnikeTTC:

- One TV set
- One Gotv decoder

600 watts give or take.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2023
Put them in parallel. U can use branch connector for that instead of cutting ur mc4 connector. If ur hybrid cc is pwm. It will b better if u can get mppt cause there will b some wasted energy on pwm
Smartwoods:

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Smartwoods: 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Hello bro...

To help you get prompt and effective advise from experienced folks here, consider mentioning the brand of the Hybrid inverter (and the CC technology [MPPT or PWM]), batteries and panels (I recognize that it may be diffucult to get a picture of the nameplate showing the specs since they are already mounted). Better still, send current pics of the harvest as shown on the inverter screen

Also state the connection configuration of the panels and confirm whether the batteries are connected in a 12v (parallel) or 24v (series) connection

Thank you

The Inverter is a 3kva 24V Srne Hybrid Inverter with VOC of 100V

The panels are 450 Watts by 3 panels and they are already mounted

The batteries are (2) 12V 200a batteries and I'm not am expert so I wouldn't know if they were connected in series or parallel but I believe it should be in series since the inverter is a 24V inverter system

The MPPT is a 30-85Vdc with a Max input current of 40A
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EdmundDantes(m): 5:52am On Mar 05, 2023
MontyNG:
Wow! Thanks a lot Niyi.

No it's not an all victron setup. I'm using a deye/sunsynk 5kw inverter and batteries that only have Bluetooth comms. This limits me in terms of an ideal inverter config since there's no accurate soc value for the inverter to use, and using just voltages is not ideal

So I'll have the wifi module connected in the rs232 port on the inverter.. That will allow me to use the inverter's own wifi app but these are usually limited.

On the rs485 port, I want to connect a pi running solar assistant.

I'll now have a free CAN port and another rs485 port (meant for battery comms)
So wouldn't be able to implement this solution with another pi as a gx device unless I sacrifice solar assistant.

Hi. I am installing a Deye with a 200AH/48v battery with only bluetooth comm. Can you help with the battery settings on the Deye? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EdmundDantes(m): 6:02am On Mar 05, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Things are now far easier boss.

If you put the Victron Venus OS large image on a Raspberry Pi (be sure to use a 3B and not a Pi4) - you can natively connect your Victron smart shunt via VeDirect to USB, also your BMS can natively use the Venus OS driver for serial batteries so that SoC and cell level info are plug and play available on the Pi - works if your BMS is Daly or JBD or Jk and a host of others.

So already you have shunt and BMS data available on the VeBus network and available to use for info and control.

The Venus OS large image has NodeRed and you can create flows to pass BMS SoC data from the USB port of the Pi to the RS485 or CAN port of your Deye - if you are using CAN for control (charging etc) then you must have some control parameters setup.

For free Victron already provided you all the tools you need to attack most automation projects both on Victron and non Victron equipment cheesy grin grin

Hi. I appreciate the knowledge and insight you give on this thread. Can you be of assistance in getting the components and setting them up at a cost? I have a Deye 8kw with a 200ah/48v battery with bluetooth bms. Would love to have the inverter communicate directly with the battery. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:03am On Mar 05, 2023
CC OjeySky. He is a strong and highly anointed Deye apostle and fanboy! grin grin grin

Technical note - for comms between these inverters and battery people typically emulate the Pylontech protocol on CAN - this is not always desirable esp as Pylons are 15S and setting up comms on this basis may lockout certain other critical battery parameters. It may be more prudent to pass only battery SoC to the inverter to drive LVD and stats but set your own charge voltage parameters custom as you would have done for any other battery.

EdmundDantes:

Hi. I appreciate the knowledge and insight you give on this thread. Can you be of assistance in getting the components and setting them up at a cost? I have a Deye 8kw with a 200ah/48v battery with bluetooth bms. Would love to have the inverter communicate directly with the battery. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:16am On Mar 05, 2023
I have been hoping you would highlight these differences between lightning protection for ground mount vs roof mount so everyone could learn and share ideas.

FEGEITOK:
It would seem that lightening protection systems are differently engineered if the panels stay on the roof versus if the panels are on a stand directly connected to the ground.

Just wanted to highlight this point.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2023
My Oga TrippleDots! I hail una o

1. I guess the Fronius is on the AC input side of the Victron Multi/Quattro? Please confirm

What PV related assistants are you running on the Multi/Quattro to manage energy flow.

Are you using the default frequency shift thresholds or more aggressive/conservative ones.

2. If the actual loads are within 10kw per phase where you have 15kva inverters you should look to your wiring on the load side - the most frequent cause of the generic 'overload' light flashing is actually faulty wiring.

You are looking for all neutral wires for the inverter loads properly moved to an isolated inverter load bus/DB and all neutral wires for non inverter loads moved to the mains DB. Any crisscross of neutrals between mains and inverter side causes these kinds of issues.

If you are pressed for time or want the easy way out, move the inverter supply to AC out 2 and set a suitable assistant to run ACOut2 off battery and prevent overloads.

See sample assistant setup below - the red circled (de)activates AC Out from battery based on battery voltage - you could also use SoC or other parameter

The blue circled abi na rectangled grin protects the inverter from an overload situation e.g in the case below for my house disconnect AC out 2 if loads higher than 9,500 watts for 60 seconds and reconnect or activate AC out 2 if loads under 9,500watts for 200 seconds.

Two things are important here -
1. The assistant logic is inverse so that START means STOP since the control is OPEN RELAY TO START.....

2. The backoff time for the AC contactor is tres importante - Victron backend dev strongly discourages the relay cycling rapidly ON/OFF several times a minute - it would stick shut and need visit to service center sad hence I give a mandatory 3 minutes (200 seconds) rest and cool off period if ever the inverter overloads and a 60 seconds of sustained high load before the inverter trips the AC out to allow large transients to pass with no trouble.

Trippledots:
NiyiOmoIyunade boss greetings. I have two Victron observations I will like you to advice on:

1. I notice Fronius shows that it's back feeding into grid on VRM when the PV harvest parameters favour such, even though back feed into grid is turned off in settings. Have you observed such before? Is this normal?

2. I have some 15kva Quattros and even 10kva ( but more of the 15) that fly into overload sometimes when grid is supplied or interrupted. Any ideas what the cause could be? All are 3-phase systems and not running on ESS.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2023
For that second question, I have made the assumption that all issues like phase rotation e.t.c were already sorted since you said things mostly work.

To quickly find a 'common/crossed neutrals' issue I usually employ a test lamp. With mains available, switch off the inverter AC input breaker so that all supply to inverter loads is coming from battery.

With inverter AC input breaker switched off, apply test lamp between inverter AC out live and mains neutral. If the test lamp lights up then you have an inverter load whose neutral is still on the mains DB. Drop wires off the mains neutral bus until you isolate the offending neutral and relocate it to inverter side - there may be more than one neutral wire causing this problem.

Now repeat the test in reverse - disconnect AC input to inverter and apply test lamp between mains live and inverter neutral bus - if the test lamp lights up, there are mains loads whose neutrals are on the inverter side. For this case decide where the loads really should be and handle appropriately.

This test needs an incandescent bulb, a clear schedule for the day and plenty of patience to do in a complex miswiring situation. If you can get the electrician who (mis)wired the building to attend that would be very good too cheesy cheesy cheesy - they usually know all the shortcuts they took and (mis)wiring they did to cause all these problems, just be nice and kind to them during the process and things should typically work out well.

NiyiOmoIyunade:
My Oga TrippleDots! I hail una o

1. I guess the Fronius is on the AC input side of the Victron Multi/Quattro? Please confirm

What PV related assistants are you running on the Multi/Quattro to manage energy flow.

Are you using the default frequency shift thresholds or more aggressive/conservative ones.

2. If the actual loads are within 10kw per phase where you have 15kva inverters you should look to your wiring on the load side - the most frequent cause of the generic 'overload' light flashing is actually faulty wiring.

You are looking for all neutral wires for the inverter loads properly moved to an isolated inverter load bus/DB and all neutral wires for non inverter loads moved to the mains DB. Any crisscross of neutrals between mains and inverter side causes these kinds of issues.

If you are pressed for time or want the easy way out, move the inverter supply to AC out 2 and set a suitable assistant to run ACOut2 off battery and prevent overloads.....

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I have been hoping you would highlight these differences between lightning protection for ground mount vs roof mount so everyone could learn and share ideas.

I have to digest the videos and the literature.

It is a fairly technical subject.

Once I do, I will share.

I just have to find the time, and I will before the rains.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mexxy1(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2023
Can someone enlighten me please.

- What are the advantages of factory assembled lithium batteries over the locally assembled lithium batteries of same capacity and vice versa?

- Which is more durable and efficient?

- For a 5kva system, what capacity of lithium battery will be required? Also for a 3.5kva system.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5 Litres = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winner estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:55am On Mar 05, 2023
Trippledots:

where is kiekie, see food o

Haha Tripple. Been pretty engaged offline lately. Regards

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2023
oloet:

The charger doesn't have an adjustable voltage function, I have been using it like that for 4-5 years now though the lifepo4 are cylindrical in nature
Can you please share a picture of the cells and what's their Ah rating?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2023
Juror:

Can you please share a picture of the cells and what's their Ah rating?
Let me use our local parlance, it is inec blue battery, two of it connected in parallel, it is rated at 480wh, I don't have the picture right now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kokomo: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
Malquisoft:

The Old model is better.
how is the old model better boss, need your advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) ... (1689) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: abbey086(m), holaruc(m), TechGeek777 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.