Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058387 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2023
U didn't state ur battery type, also d wattage of load on it
temi4fash:
Hello Sirs,

I was not in the house for some days, i noticed my inverter charged my batteries up to 28.6V when still connected to NEPA.

Immediately i put it on load it dropped to 26.5 and rapidly up to 25.9V and stabilises there and do not drop rapidly again.

What can be the problem?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2023
solar installer needed urgently in warri..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cyrusmillz: 10:24am On Jul 05, 2023
Hello. It it possible to have a solar system that powers just my laptop and phone ..... or is there a product out there already?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2023
cyrusmillz:
Hello. It it possible to have a solar system that powers just my laptop and phone ..... or is there a product out there already?

Go to Jumia and type in the search bar "solar generators" or if you want to go for a specific brand "Qasa Solar Generator" or "Bluetti Solar Generator" or "Solar Laptop Powerbank". You'll see a lot of options to chose from if you don't want to DIY the system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2023
Jefferyzz:
U didn't state ur battery type, also d wattage of load on it

The battery is Icell AGM Battery

The load is just lighting bulbs, the energy saver ones.

Sometimes even before any load, once the NEPA goes off, we have the drop in voltage even before any load.

But the load is the energy saver in the house
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ericbertrand(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2023
hello, everyone. pls pardon my ignorance about this solar thing. I am a freelancer who works from home but the subsidy removal is really dealing with me. I have a budget of 100-120k to invest in getting an alternative source of energy. I just need something that can power 2 laptops, 4 power banks and charge phones for at least 6 hours a day. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
Do you want Strong and Efficiency Industrial UPS/ Uninterrupted Power Supply? Vertiv/Emerson UPS is what you need. We have it in all Sizes, we have Offices in Lagos & Abuja and Deliver Nationwide. Call/ Watsapp Us on 08066332919

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2023
LITHIUM BATTERIES, SOLAR PANELS AVAILABLE!!!

Jinko 475W N138,250
Jinko 550W N158,500
Jinko 575W N165,250

Longi 450w .... N132,000

Era 370w black... N105,000
Era 400w black ...N115,000
Era 450w ............ N125,000

CWORTH 350w , 420w etc panels also available

CWORTH lithium batteries 24v 200a, 48v 100a , 48v 150a,48v 200a , 48v 250a available (8 yrs standard warranty) ..

12v 200a deep cycle battery (1½ year warranty) .... N165,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kabawhat: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Good day, I greet all the chiefs in the house please how good is this product "PowMr 2000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter Portable Car Charger" the seller was asking for 100k.

Is this a good value for my money or is there a better company or model inviter you guys can recommend, am having that feeling that transformer based is always better

Please elder in the house I need your recommendation please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2023
temi4fash:
Hello Sirs,

I was not in the house for some days, i noticed my inverter charged my batteries up to 28.6V when still connected to NEPA.

Immediately i put it on load it dropped to 26.5 and rapidly up to 25.9V and stabilises there and do not drop rapidly again.

What can be the problem?

This is the reason people are advised to go for LiFePO4, when I read message like this, I already knew the battery chemistry.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
cyrusmillz:

Yeah there definitely is. I would strongly advise you opt for Mobile Power Solution (MPS). You won't regret it. Here you go....

https://www.nairaland.com/fapemz
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
ericbertrand:
hello, everyone. pls pardon my ignorance about this solar thing. I am a freelancer who works from home but the subsidy removal is really dealing with me. I have a budget of 100-120k to invest in getting an alternative source of energy. I just need something that can power 2 laptops, 4 power banks and charge phones for at least 6 hours a day. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you!
MPS is your sure bet- a LiFePO4 battery chemistry

Here you go...

https://www.nairaland.com/fapemz
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
TechGeek777:

This is the reason people are advised to go for LiFePO4, when I read message like this, I already knew the battery chemistry.

So what do i do?

What is the battery chemistry?

Do i get an external charger for it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
temi4fash:

So what do i do?

What is the battery chemistry?

Do i get an external charger for it?

Manage the battery till it dies, but prepare to go for LiFePO4.

How many Amp hour is your battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2023
TechGeek777:

Manage the battery till it dies, but prepare to go for LiFePO4.

How many Amp hour is your battery?

200AH

is there anyway to resuscitate it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
temi4fash:

200AH

is there anyway to resuscitate it?

Kindly state your solar array
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
temi4fash:
Hello Sirs,

What can be the problem?
Nothing is wrong with your batteries it's absolutely okay.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
TechGeek777:

Kindly state your solar array

I dont use PV yet...

I intend to add that later, we use NEPA/Gen for the charging right now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
dacool1:

Nothing is wrong with your batteries it's absolutely okay.

Oh.. How do we make it stay full charged after remove the Power source?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
temi4fash:

Oh.. How do we make it stay full charged after remove the Power source?

Connect a smart charge that will maintain a float voltage. It's not as if it would drain completely if you don't keep it connected. You should only worry if you won't use the battery daily.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
temi4fash:

I dont use PV yet...

I intend to add that later, we use NEPA/Gen for the charging right now

Has the inverter gone off due to low battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
TechGeek777:

Has the inverter gone off due to low battery?

Nope..

I monitor to ensure it does not go below 24V.

The inverter shows the Battery Voltage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
dacool1:

Connect a smart charge that will maintain a float voltage. It's not as if it would drain completely if you don't keep it connected. You should only worry if you won't use the battery daily.

Smart Charger? An external charger right?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2023
Large quantity of premium brand new grade A 100ah lifepo4 lithium cells with intact QR code and actual capacity test done on all is available
we can also couple in a customised foreign metal box, 125A circuit breaker, Bluetooth bms as
12v 100ah
12v 200ah
12v 300ah
12v 400ah
24v 100ah
24v 200ah
24v 300ah
24v 400ah
48v 100ah
48v 200ah

whatsapp 08020574628
we can waybill to any location in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
Valto:
Large quantity of premium brand new grade A 100ah lifepo4 lithium cells with intact QR code and actual capacity test done on all is available
we can also couple in a customised foreign metal box, 125A circuit breaker, Bluetooth bms as
12v 100ah
12v 200ah
12v 300ah
12v 400ah
24v 100ah
24v 200ah
24v 300ah
24v 400ah
48v 100ah
48v 200ah

whatsapp 08020574628
we can waybill to any location in Nigeria

Nice one, always put your price on your battery packs, so that those silent readers wey no dey ask questions go know say these things no too expensive as them think.

Eh be like say some dey fear to ask questions.

I will definitely buy from you when my money is complete.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aviona: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
@Temi4fash, nothing is wrong with your battery.

For any 24V system, an AGM battery irrespective of the amp hour, at 25.9V your battery (if it's on a load and not connected to any charging source) is doing well above 98% *this is me trying to be modest*.
It is actually at 100%, if it is at 25.9V, and if it is not being charged at that point in time, so relax.

Nonetheless, work towards buying and hooking up your batteries with quality solar panels (I do recommend you oversize your PV array around 20-30% extra, so long its voltage is adequately below the maximum Voc of your charger) to keep your battery bank often in good shape, for a longer life.

So, do not fret, just enjoy your set up.
You are on a right path.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
TechGeek777:

Nice one, always put your price on your battery packs, so that those silent readers wey no dey ask questions go know say these things no too expensive as them think.

Eh be like say some dey fear to ask questions.

I will definitely buy from you when my money is complete.
i couple battery with different types of bms and accessories. so price can not be fixed. also prices of accessories and battery cells used are subject to change at any time.
btw, very serious buyers normally contact me on WhatsApp, wechat and telegram
to discuss and place their orders, which i assemble and dispatch to them steadily. i have successfully sold items to over 100 people from nairaland, without the prices fixed here!

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2023
Following in the footsteps of my brother who did some serious overpanelling.

I am increasing the capacity of my panels to 2500 watts and installing a second MPPT solar charge controller for the additional panels I would be purchasing. This is the idea or the thinking:

As a general rule of thumb, you will need solar panels with a capacity of at least 600 watts to fully charge two 12v 200Ah batteries connected in series in 5 hours of sunlight. This is assuming that you are using efficient solar panels with a charging rate of 15%.

If you want to charge the batteries faster, you will need more solar panels. For example, if you want to charge the batteries in 3 hours, you will need solar panels with a capacity of at least 1200 watts.

Two 12v 200ah batteries connected in series have a total capacity of 4800 watt-hours (Wh). If you have 2500 watts of solar panels, the batteries will charge in about 2 hours.

Here is the calculation:

Total capacity of batteries = 4800 Wh
Power of solar panels = 2500 watts
Charging time = Total capacity / Power of solar panels = 4800 Wh / 2500 watts = 1.92 hours = 2 hours

However, it is important to note that this is just a theoretical calculation. The actual charging time may be longer or shorter depending on the amount of sunlight you receive, the efficiency of your solar panels, and the charging rate you use.

For example, if you receive 5 hours of sunlight per day with an efficiency of 15%, the batteries will charge in about 2 hours. However, if you only receive 3 hours of sunlight per day, the batteries will charge in about 4 hours.

This is a minor upgrade to my existing system of just solar panels and a new charge controller, no new batteries still using my AGM batteries. (545watts Jinko x 3)

The major planned upgrade is to increase my PV size to 10 kilowatts and my batteries to lithium of at least 10 kilowatts as well.

Once I complete this project. I will now convert AEDC into a backup plan.

In another post, I will share how the rise in my electricity bills led me to go solar.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ofcourse
25.2v+ is still full bar with load on it. It might b lower than that depending on the wattage of load on d battery. The moment u put off all load u will get ur 26v or 25.9v which is still full bar.
temi4fash:

The battery is Icell AGM Battery

The load is just lighting bulbs, the energy saver ones.

Sometimes even before any load, once the NEPA goes off, we have the drop in voltage even before any load.

But the load is the energy saver in the house
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cyrusmillz: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
mctfopt:

Go to Jumia and type in the search bar "solar generators" or if you want to go for a specific brand "Qasa Solar Generator" or "Bluetti Solar Generator" or "Solar Laptop Powerbank". You'll see a lot of options to chose from if you don't want to DIY the system

Thanks bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 5:24am On Jul 06, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Here is the calculation:

Total capacity of batteries = 4800 Wh
Power of solar panels = 2500 watts
Charging time = Total capacity / Power of solar panels = 4800 Wh / 2500 watts = 1.92 hours = 2 hours

If batteries are Lead acid with %100 dod, you will have a battery vendor on speed dial and your solar charging is based on a perfect STC which can be misleading
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jicqueville: 6:50am On Jul 06, 2023
durodee:
Good morning house, just want some advice here on Smart TVs.
1) Is there a way I can make my regular TV smart? I.e is there a box or stick readily available that I can attach?
2) Anybody with experience with Polystar 65inch smart TV. Is it worth the 300k price? Just to watch films and occasional football matches.

Many thanks for your input!

*Turn your TV to a Smart TV*
*Better than DSTV, GOTV & STARTIMES.*
*No Subscription required*
*Play movies from your flash drive ( support up to 2TB)*
*Limited stock available*

Xiaomi TV Box S 2nd Gen ( Global Version )
Hardware ------------- Quad-core Cortex-A55 (2G Hz), GPU Mali G31 MP2,2GB DDR3 RAM,8GB eMMC Flash
System ---------------- Android

Operation System -- Google TV/Smart home control hub with Google Assistant/Content first Ul with recommendations/Google Play access/Chromecast built-in
Wireless --------------- Wifi,Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz,bluetooth 5.2
Other ------------------- Remote:Bluetooth remote with voice recognition

Price ₦65,000 (negotiable)
WhatsApp only 08168934480

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: BigBudi(m), orkman(m), edobor108(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.