Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060431 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:47am On Jul 10, 2023
250w European used Trina solar panels (poly) available, #38,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fatherbeeman: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Pls i need your input: i want to buy 2.5kva/24v inverter pls recommend for me budget 150- 160k.,
Also i want to buy 2 inverter battery for the 2.5kva... budget 300k pls is there any good battery of 220ah for that price or i should go for 150ah battery (luminous).
Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
fatherbeeman:
Pls i need your input: i want to buy 2.5kva/24v inverter pls recommend for me budget 150- 160k.,
Also i want to buy 2 inverter battery for the 2.5kva... budget 300k pls is there any good battery of 220ah for that price or i should go for 150ah battery (luminous).
Thank you.

Although you didn't state if it's hybrid or stand alone you need.

You can purchase Crown Ricco Plus or Grovolt 2.5kva/2000w 24v inverter, you are better with LiFePO4; contact @Valto for 100ah 24v.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lagosbynature: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
This is my current setup

1kva 12v Mercury Direct Inverter/UPS

12v 100ah Battery

I charge it from wall socket via phcn/gen.

I want to switch to Solar and I want the solar to power my load during the day while or after charging my battery.

Heres my load

1. 170w laptop
2. 60w tripod light
3. 24watt fan
4. 100 watt for miscellaneous (phone charging etc.)

Note all of this will not be on power at the same time.
Max, 1,2 and 3 load will be on power, making 254 watt max load simultaneously.

Q1. Can a 300-350watt mono solar panel power this during the day while charging my battery?

Q2. If the solar panel cannot power 250watt load, will the load fall to my inverter and battery whilst they continue recharging from solar?

Q3. How many amps charge controller will I need?

Note: The mercury direct inverter/ups has inbuilt charger that charges my battery when plugged into a wall socket for phcn/generator
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Olarewajub: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
Attached is a picture of my Charge controller spec.

Panel: 4 panels (190 watts each)

Battery: 2 tubular Batteries (220ah)

MPPT Charge controller: 40A

Inverter: 24v

I want to get an addition of two panels (250-300Watt).

Would this be too much for the controller?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lagosbynature: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
Cc valto techgeek777
Lagosbynature:
This is my current setup

12v 100ah Battery

I want to switch to Solar and I want the solar to power my load during the day while or after charging my battery.

Heres my load

1. 170w laptop
2. 60w tripod light
3. 24watt fan

Q1. Can a 300-350watt mono solar panel power this during the day while charging my battery?

Q2. If the solar panel cannot power 250watt load, will the load fall to my inverter and battery whilst they continue recharging from solar?

Note: The mercury direct inverter/ups has inbuilt charger that charges my battery when plugged into a wall socket for phcn/generator

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lagosbynature:
This is my current setup

12v 100ah Battery

Heres my load

1. 170w laptop
2. 60w tripod light
3. 24watt fan

1. The rule of thumb is that you should expect at least 70% production from your panels if you purchased Tier 1 Panels (Canadian, Jinko, Era, Trina) but if you go for Tier 2 you can expect 50% production.

70% of 350w will give you 245w (350 * 0.7). This is below your load 254w.

I advised you go for Jinko 475w as you are expected to get nothing less than "357w".

2. Yes

3. 40amp (475w / 12v) = 39.58amp which is approximately 40amp.

But if money is not am issue go for 50amp CC as it's advisable you size your CC above 100% to about 125% (40amp * 1.25 = 50amp).

The reason for sizing above required is that your Panels can produce more than stated watts if you go for Tier 1 Panels (which is the best thing to do)

PWM or MPPT will do fine under 12v system, but MPPT has little edge over PWM CC.

But if you are using 24v or higher, then it's a must to go for MPPT.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
Olarewajub:
Attached is a picture of my Charge controller spec.

Panel: 4 panels (190 watts each)

Battery: 2 tubular Batteries (220ah)

MPPT Charge controller: 40A

Inverter: 24v

I want to get an addition of two panels (250-300Watt).

Would this be too much for the controller?

The voltage of the panels is what will determine if you should go for higher wattage of panels.

Generally, it's advisable to go for more two set of same wattage (i.e 190w), this will keep you CC in safe limit

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Allem(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
2 months used 60A Yohako mppt charge controller for sale for #50,000.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 6:45am On Jul 11, 2023
Had an informal chat with a distributor.

Prices of solar panels will soon be revised upwards.

If you have been delaying the purchase, hasten your steps.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:41am On Jul 11, 2023
I'm planning to give my cousin 100w power max. I need to install something like current limiter that will stop them from consuming above the given watts.
Please, what device will handle this work perfectly for me?
Something that will trip off at my end if they attempt to plug appliances above 100w.
His house is opposite mine and they have been disturbing us with phone charging too much.
100w would be enough for phone charging and perhaps 3w bulbs 3-4pcs for night and 1 energy efficient fan.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ajanidokun: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2023
Hello house,

I have a 12v inverter system.

I just replaced my PWM charge controller with MPPT.
I got an error code 18 which means PV voltage too low.

My PV is 2pcs 280watt connected in parallel (Voc 38v).

My question is ‘Can I arrange the PV in series to increase the voltage coming down to the CC’.

CC is 60a PowMr MPPT
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2023
Ajanidokun:
Hello house,

My question is ‘Can I arrange the PV in series to increase the voltage coming down to the CC’.

CC is 60a PowMr MPPT

lolz! Theres no difference between your pwm and MPPT if u wire in parallel na. Advantage of mppt is wiring in series to achieve a high voltage.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2023
I believe that zeestone sells something of that nature, it is a DIN rail mounted device that allows you to set the max. wattage to be drawn also current to be drawn. Maybe sintolord might be of help here

isangjohnson:
I'm planning to give my cousin 100w power max. I need to install something like current limiter that will stop them from consuming above the given watts.
Please, what device will handle this work perfectly for me?
Something that will trip off at my end if they attempt to plug appliances above 100w.
His house is opposite mine and they have been disturbing us with phone charging too much.
100w would be enough for phone charging and perhaps 3w bulbs 3-4pcs for night and 1 energy efficient fan.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2023
olopan:
I believe that zeestone sells something of that nature, it is a DIN rail mounted device that allows you to set the max. wattage to be drawn also current to be drawn. Maybe sintolord might be of help here

I will check it.
Thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2023
stanvesco:

Go to AliExpress. Use the picture to search for a.product.

Thank me later

Thanks bro, this option would have been the best for me but it's very difficult buying from AliExpress these days
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2023
sintolord:
Depending on what got bad on the board, it can be fixed in Arena (Oshidi, Lagos). It's also possible you can get another board there. If you don't stay in Lagos, look for those whose specialty is repairing this type of fan colloquially called solar fan

I am in Lagos and I have tried Oshodi but they don't have it there
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2023
JUO:
I can get it for you. I just need to destroy one fan @12k

Ha Ha Ha, bro you can't destroy over 30k fan only to sell the board @12k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2023
dejidotun2000:
Call Me Oliver on 0814 063 4181. I once bought a unit from him. Ask him to send pictures so you can be sure that what he has is compatible with your fan quote author=ajabani4allah post=124267390]My Dc celling fan has been failing but it stopped working completely yesterday and during my testing I discovered it's the driver board that's faulty. Pls who know where I can get the board below

I don't get this pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2023
Ajanidokun:
Hello house,

CC is 60a PowMr MPPT

Connect the panels in series and get better output, bro

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2023
ajabani4allah:

I am in Lagos and I have tried Oshodi but they don't have it there

Check Alaba. Qasa have a service centre in Alaba international
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2023
Available now

Kartel 220ah tubular batteries available - 155k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 11:32am On Jul 11, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Check Alaba. Qasa have a service centre in Alaba international

Ok, Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by joseph4sales: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hello All,

Please i want your opinion on the issue below;

I noticed that my inverter batteries water have slightly reduced after 3months usage, In a particular battery, i observed that one of its cell's water reduced significantly than the rest of them, i want to know reason for the obvious reduction and also ways to fix it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
Just wondering, can one use solar for cooking?

Is there anything like solar powered stove?

Have you used one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by stanvesco(m): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
ajabani4allah:

Thanks bro, this option would have been the best for me but it's very difficult buying from AliExpress these days

It's still as easy as ABC.

Whatever U seek, U can snap it and look for it with the picture itself.

For payment, get a virtual dollar card from playstore.

Your peace of mind is important.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good day All, please i need address of full river battery office in lagos.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
TechGeek777:

I downloaded DavidPov videos regarding Growalt videos on Friday night and watched the videos yesterday morning before seeing @ViperVIP comment regarding the inverter and I tend to agree with you on the claims of certain aspects of they inverter.

A friend bought his Growatt inverter from the US and has had no problems. Are they selling defective units in Nigeria?

It's interesting that you learned about Growatt from the not-so-technical YouTuber Poz. You should also check out Will Prowse. He's an excellent resource for information on Growatt inverters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2023
mctfopt:

A friend bought his Growatt inverter from the US and has had no problems. Are they selling defective units in Nigeria?

It's interesting that you learned about Growatt from the not-so-technical YouTuber Poz. You should also check out Will Prowse. He's an excellent resource for information on Growatt inverters
Most of these products designed for Nigeria market from China are substandard and they are making huge profits from them compared with what they manufacture for other countries with a very strict regulatory bodies.
That's why those that are buying lifepo4 cells and assemble them stand a better chance of enjoying their batteries more than those going for already coupled battery from the Chinese companies.
Some of our Ogas like Niyi who are not on budget usually select countries like USA to buy coupled products from.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2023
luvablesam:
I need some advice:

So I have a 40AH LIthium battery, a 150watt panel and a 30A PWM charge controller.

Is it safe to charge the battery with the panel and chargevcontroller permanently?

Are you sure the PWM's voltage and charging parameters are fit for the lithium?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
tetralogyfallot:
get this small portable 28ah LifePo4 power bank at a very pocket friendly price of just 50k and thank me later. This can power your laptop for straight 10hrs non stop. U can also charge your phone as it has an accessory for that. I built this packs using mtn lumos LifePo4 cells. Chat me on WhatsApp for more information 08034694579.
LiFePO4 or Li-ion?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: NairaBaba, QuoteJust1nce, Jefferyzz(m), Queed and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.