Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2099437 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (1715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 1:31am On Sep 05, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Smiles.

Thanks for sharing.

I now have pictures of what I was earlier struggling to describe.

Your warnings will be taken into account.

I appreciate your inputs.

Will begin by testing the resistance of the current earthing. That will help me determine if it is good enough or if it will need to be replaced

you want good earthing, you will have to get maybe 3 or 4 earth rods, bond them together, and use earth enhancement [bentonite]. the default used in nigeria is salt and charcoal - but research says that salt actually messes with copper

you also want to excavate to one meter or more. if you are in an area that was sandfilled, you will have issues .

you also want to be sure you have actual copper earth rods. you can do this by scraping the earth rod or using a magnet on it. pure copper will not attract the magnet , the pit is simply for you to be able to do periodical earth integrity test

if you want, you can build a small manhole around it - or even just get a 200mm pvc pipe off cut with a cover.

you want to test your earth integrity

kyoritsu earth tester

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:08am On Sep 05, 2023
GloriousGbola:

you want good earthing, you will have to get maybe 3 or 4 earth rods, bond them together, and use earth enhancement [bentonite]. the default used in nigeria is salt and charcoal - but research says that salt actually messes with copper

you also want to excavate to one meter or more. if you are in an area that was sandfilled, you will have issues .

you also want to be sure you have actual copper earth rods. you can do this by scraping the earth rod or using a magnet on it. pure copper will not attract the magnet , the pit is simply for you to be able to do periodical earth integrity test

if you want, you can build a small manhole around it - or even just get a 200mm pvc pipe off cut with a cover.

you want to test your earth integrity

kyoritsu earth tester

As usual you have been that resource person in electrical matters that I have to reference.

Thank you for your time.

By the way, you may recall our discussion about internet awhile back. I just subscribed to a dedicated 2Mbps service from Glo. Costs N41,000.00 monthly. Data cap is 1TB. If you exhaust the 1 TB before the 30 days is up, they dial you down to 512kbps but the internet does not shut down.

Should be activated by the end of the week.

Will tell you if it is worth the cost.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by designoutlook: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2023
Get top quality service from our professional solar inverter installers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2023
FEGEITOK:

As usual you have been that resource person in electrical matters that I have to reference.

Thank you for your time.

By the way, you may recall our discussion about internet awhile back. I just subscribed to a dedicated 2Mbps service from Glo. Costs N41,000.00 monthly. Data cap is 1TB. If you exhaust the 1 TB before the 30 days is up, they dial you down to 512kbps but the internet does not shut down.

Ah !!! That's quite a lot o.

Just got connected to FTTH by one of the internet service providers in my estate. I paid N65,000 for the connection and their unlimited Classic 30mbps internet speed at N21,380 and the speed has been consistent so far with highest latency of 148ms observed so far. I might upgrade to the 60mbps bundle for more speed for online gaming and that is gonna be just N28,891. I highly advise you contact the fibre providers in your areas to know of their service coverage. Abuja has been mainly covered including parts of the outskirts with fibre.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Puvo: 10:08am On Sep 05, 2023
Anybody has an experience with smarten 1kva hups inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Thank you for your time.

There are cheaper alternatives. Airtel ODU, It's a better alternative.
MTN also has fiber but it's only available in Lagos, ilorin, Abuja and few places. Check your location for it's availability.
You can check their sites for more info

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 11:20am On Sep 05, 2023
samir101ng:

Just got connected to FTTH by one of the internet service providers in my estate. I paid N65,000 for the connection and their unlimited Classic 30mbps internet speed at N21,380 and the speed has been consistent so far with highest latency of 148ms observed so far. I might upgrade to the 60mbps bundle for more speed for online gaming and that is gonna be just N28,891. I highly advise you contact the fibre providers in your areas to know of their service coverage. Abuja has been mainly covered including parts of the outskirts with fibre.

Name of your service provider?.....Fibre is the future
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2023
Available now.

Selling fast

Original Jasolar 380w solar panel

Price - 105k

Call/chat - 0.81.17.3.98294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2023
ameh99:

Warranty: 2yrs

Lo

zeestone99 the last time I talk say seller give 13 months warranty, una yab me tire o grin

This one wey be 24 months nko?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
oweniwe:

zeestone99 the last time I talk say seller give 13 months warranty, una yab me tire o grin

His own is from the high council. The mandate is very strong grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
oweniwe:

Lithium is a different breed of cat...
Its almost idiot proof and doesnt suffer from the limitations of leadacid battery, hence almost impossible for user to unconsciously damage it
3yrs is standard waranty and 5yrs extended waranty

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
purplekayc:
starlink?
yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
zeestone99:

His own is from the high council. The mandate is very strong grin

It's very possible now. You no tell me say na lithium. The guy no get problem, make e just de enjoy de go.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by de3lar(m): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
Peterlove11:

MTN also has fiber but it's only available in Lagos, ilorin, Abuja and few places. Check your location for it's availability.

How do you get an ODU from airtel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
Did you find a source for this item in-country yet ?
FEGEITOK:
Can I find this in Nigeria or do I have to import?

Will be used to ground my DSTV lead-in cable?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
WECO 5k3 XP PREMIUM LITHIUM BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

Warranty: 10 yrs

Price: $2640

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 3:53am On Sep 06, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Thank you for your time.

That speed small now!!! Or you meant 2MBps?

Note MB = 8×Mbps if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2023
Oshomo12:

That speed small now!!! Or you meant 2MBps?

Note MB = 8×Mbps if I remember correctly.

It is for office use.

I hope it turns out to be a good purchase, if not it will be shut down.

I have to supply internet to several devices on 2 floors.

My key consideration was that although other providers may offer faster speeds they are not very clear on the data cap. How much data will be used before they throttle down the data or the speed or both

As you know there is not really anything like unlimited internet connection.

"Starlink will slow down speeds for Best Effort and Mobile plan customers. The bandwidth priority goes to Standard, Priority, and Mobile Priority users. " that is a quote from starlinkhardware dot com

As someone said on Reddit:

"Networks have a max bandwidth. If you can't (or won't) build your network so that peak < max, then that data gets spread out over time. Doing that in a controlled manner is better than letting it happen 'naturally'.

Most networks are far below their max most of the time."

I just want to test if my office will consume 1TB a month, and to guarantee that even if they hit 1TB per month the internet will not be cut off.

Airtel has a 1TB plan but it would cost me 100,000.00 and each time it is exhausted, I would need to shell out another 100,000.00

With this system, I can get the 1TB for less than half of 100,000.00.

I have MTN 5G and also plan to get the Airtel 5G and also have Glo 4G for home/mobile use.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:00am On Sep 06, 2023
dejidotun2000:
Did you find a source for this item in-country yet ?

Not yet
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:01am On Sep 06, 2023
Peterlove11:

Will find out more.

Thanks for sharing
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:03am On Sep 06, 2023
samir101ng:

can you share their name?

although it maybe a location dependent thing.

I have clarified in another post why I went this route
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2023
de3lar:

How do you get an ODU from airtel

I got from a guy on nairaland. His moniker is Shopnig. Search for shopnig or airtel odu on this platform. You can interact with him through his contact.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 10:03am On Sep 06, 2023
earthrealm:

not used it, but deployed the powmr cc for many years and zero issues. also know someone using the 5.5kw powmr inverter for 1 year plus, zero issues. most hybrids once you protect it properly from voltage fluctuations and surges...you are good to go.

a 12v 1.5kw inverter with inbuilt CC that can handle 2kw panels, 60amps grid charging also.. all for below 200k. its a very rare combo...nuthin comes close in that class

All for 200k is it including the Solar panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temi4fash(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2023
ameh99:
50AH 12v lithium battery available?

Cost?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 11:05am On Sep 06, 2023
FEGEITOK:

It is for office use.

I hope it turns out to be a good purchase, if not it will be shut down.

I have to supply internet to several devices on 2 floors.

My key consideration was that although other providers may offer faster speeds they are not very clear on the data cap. How much data will be used before they throttle down the data or the speed or both

As you know there is not really anything like unlimited internet connection.

"Starlink will slow down speeds for Best Effort and Mobile plan customers. The bandwidth priority goes to Standard, Priority, and Mobile Priority users. " that is a quote from starlinkhardware dot com

As someone said on Reddit:

"Networks have a max bandwidth. If you can't (or won't) build your network so that peak < max, then that data gets spread out over time. Doing that in a controlled manner is better than letting it happen 'naturally'.

Most networks are far below their max most of the time."

I just want to test if my office will consume 1TB a month, and to guarantee that even if they hit 1TB per month the internet will not be cut off.

Airtel has a 1TB plan but it would cost me 100,000.00 and each time it is exhausted, I would need to shell out another 100,000.00

With this system, I can get the 1TB for less than half of 100,000.00.

I have MTN 5G and also plan to get the Airtel 5G and also have Glo 4G for home/mobile use.

You will want a networking guy to block some sites on your network. Staff downloading tv shows and movies is what will kill your bandwidth. Speaking as an abuser of office internet

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

You will want a networking guy to block some sites on your network. Staff downloading tv shows and movies is what will kill your bandwidth. Speaking as an abuser of office internet

Awon VPN/Proxy users downloading the internet on your work network. Using multiple MAC addresses & IP to dodge firewalls and deep packet inspection. Sysadmin looking at you with serious side eye angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
earthrealm:

Lithium is a different breed of cat...
Its almost idiot proof and doesnt suffer from the limitations of leadacid battery, hence almost impossible for user to unconsciously damage it
3yrs is standard waranty and 5yrs extended waranty

Thermal runway nko?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Thank you for your time.

Oh my God ! you did what?
Please cancel that subscription at the point of expiry.
2Mbps or 2mbps (megabits per second) is different from 2MBps (megabytes per second) you might want to know which one of them you subscribed for.

If it's megabits per second, it's rip off by Glo, dedicated or not.
If it's megabytes per second, it's fair but too expensive.

Here in Abuja,
I pay Starlink about ₦39,000 monthly for almost 200Mbps but had to pause it due to rain season cloudy days.
I pay FiberOne ₦35,950 monthly for 50Mbps but had to suspend due to epileptic service
I pay Legend ₦42,000 monthly for 80Mbps but had to suspend due to incessant Loss of Signal (LOS)

Currently I pay MTN ₦120,000 for 6 months for 50Mbps and this is a good offer and very stable.

Please note that all these plans are truly UNLIMITED, no caps at all.

I don't know why you chose to subscribe for a dedicated service in Nigeria owing the fact that our ISPs have failed to uphold the contracts when i comes to dedicated services. I would suggest you do more research as to which ISP serves better in terms of Speed and Stability in your area and when you get one, subscribe to an open plan and pay for some VPN services to get a private IP or other reasons why you need a dedicated service.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2023
jonescosmos:

Oh my God ! you did what?
Please cancel that subscription at the point of expiry.
2Mbps or 2mbps (megabits per second) is different from 2MBps (megabytes per second) you might want to know with one of them you subscribed for.

If it's megabits per second, it's rip off by Glo, dedicated or not.
If it's megabytes per second, it's fair but too expensive.

Here in Abuja,
I pay Starlink about ₦39,000 monthly for almost 200Mbps but had to pause it due to rain season cloudy days.
I pay FiberOne ₦35,950 monthly for 50Mbps but had to suspend due to epileptic service
I pay Legend ₦42,000 monthly for 80Mbps but had to suspend due to incessant Loss of Signal (LOS)

Currently I pay MTN ₦120,000 for 6 months for 50Mbps and this is a good offer and very stable.

I don't know why you chose to subscribe for a dedicated service in Nigeria owing the fact that our ISPs have failed to uphold the contracts when i comes to dedicated services. I would suggest you do more research as to which ISP serves better in terms of Speed and Stability in your area and when you get one, subscribe to an open plan and pay for some VPN services to private IP or other reasons why you need a dedicated service.

I am glad I shared. We have almost 40 screens (dual OS - Android and Windows). We have as many desktops. Not to mention laptops and phones.

That is why I did not consider a service such as FiberOne which talks about between 4 and 15 connected devices.

I am not sure the startup costs for Starlink was incorporated into the current budget for internet

Your reason for not using Legend is my reason for not also using them.

Will investigate the MTN FibreNet

I appreciate your sharing this information and I am glad that I put this out there as it has resulted in such an education as to options I was not aware of.

Once again thank you for sharing this information.

I have asked for clarification as to whether it is 2Mbps or 2mbps or 2MBps

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2023
FEGEITOK:

can you share their name?

although it maybe a location dependent thing.

I have clarified in another post why I went this route

Layer3 and their service has been good so far. They use Ubiquiti for their network devices which nicely integrates with my UDM PRO and other devices.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CooldipoMPS: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2023
"Unleash Your Laptop's Potential Anywhere, Anytime with Cooldipo Laptop Powerbank!"

Discover the ultimate POWERBANK for your laptop - now available for sale! Prepare to be amazed by the convenience and power at your fingertips.

🔋 Laptop POWERBANK: Experience the freedom to work or play on your laptop without the worry of running out of battery. Stay charged and productive on the go, and say goodbye to power struggles.

🌟 Why Choose Us:

Unmatched Portability: Our POWERBANK is designed for those always on the move. Carry your laptop charger in your pocket!

Reliable Power: Keep your laptop running smoothly and efficiently, no matter where you are.

Long-lasting Performance: Never miss a beat with extended battery life.

Compatibility: Works seamlessly with a variety of laptop brands and models.
But that's not all!

We also offer Portable Home Inverters to ensure you have uninterrupted power at home. No more disruptions during your work-from-home or movie nights!

Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to upgrade your power solutions. Get in touch with us now to revolutionize your laptop experience and enjoy uninterrupted power at home!

📞 Contact Us: +2348065316307

🌐 Visit Our Website: www.cooldipo.com

Don't let power limitations hold you back. Grab your POWERBANK today and take charge of your life! 💥

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I am glad I shared. We have almost 40 screens (dual OS - Android and Windows). We have as many desktops. Not to mention laptops and phones.

That is why I did not consider a service such as FiberOne which talks about between 4 and 15 connected devices.

I am not sure the startup costs for Starlink was incorporated into the current budget for internet

Your reason for not using Legend is my reason for not also using them.

Will investigate the MTN FibreNet

I appreciate your sharing this information and I am glad that I put this out there as it has resulted in such an education as to options I was not aware of.

Once again thank you for sharing this information.

I have asked for clarification as to whether it is 2Mbps or 2mbps or 2MBps

it is all marketing googbledgook imho

get a download manager idm or jdownloader and find something to download - maybe a microsoft office or windows iso

the download speed which should be in mb/s is your true speed - currently i can get 6mb/s from swift

a rehash of my other advice would be to get a router or switch which would then be used to distribute data within your office. ensure everything is on a UPS/inverter with no possible down time. then you can theoretically track the use of each of our team members

an additional solution for monitoring and controlling end users is glasswire enterprise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (1715) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.