Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2068594 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2023
obinna37:
Pls house I want to buy 5000w bluegate stabilizer,i need your advice

Just a generic Chinko make.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
mctfopt:

Just a generic Chinko make.
what of century or A&E dunamis

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2023
ewizard1:
He say "Battery DC output is dirty" grin grin grin

Just because you want to rubbish someone, you choose to either be iignorant, or display thhe fact you don't know what you saying.

The person mentioned using car batttery to charge phone or the likes.

Who knows if he intends using the batttery while it's connected and in use by a car.

And yea, an unstable voltage is dirty. Ask Aunty google. That's a word I've known since secondary school days. Funny una wey claim Professional Experts no sabi am.

I thought if you want someone to get tired, you ignore him/her. Wonder why that's difficult for you folks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2023
isangjohnson:
Please what is the actual capacity of this AC in watt?
I'm trying to check if 8 to 10kwh lifepo4 battery can power it for 4 hours.
I guess this is 2hp. Someone wants to power it occasionally for about 4 hours and this will happen only when there's a visitor probably in the evening time.

...but the Voltage and Cuurrent is stated there or isn't it ?

P= IV i.e Power = Current * Voltage . Use crossMultiply to find what's missing i.e
I = P/V
V = P/I 

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2023
oloet:

No expose this small secret we put for your hand now😂 ..... I just want you to tell him how those clients with under 80ah lithium has been surviving and the duration it has been installed

ADVERT
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
bassdow:

...but the Voltage and Cuurrent is stated there or isn't it ?

P= IV i.e Power = Current * Voltage . Use crossMultiply to find what's missing i.e
I = P/V
V = P/I 

My calculation was based on 18,000 BTU and one btu is 0.297wh.
I didn't use IV........ I wanted to be very sure of of the actual power consumption.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2023
isangjohnson:

My calculation was based on 18,000 BTU and one btu is 0.297wh.
I didn't use IV........ I wanted to be very sure of of the actual power consumption.

See eh, a times those numbers on the sticker either isn't 100% accurate, or has gaps. Hopefully no be those wey dem repackage because the sticker no go too correct.

To be 100% exact, just measure it while connected and set to highest Setting.

or connect it as only load to an inverter that displays such information on it's LCD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
I have this 48V 3kw inverter for sale for the off-grid crew. It is open box, tested working. It is inverter only, no charger.

I kept it as a backup but realised that I probably will not need it.

150K or bring any reasonable offer.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2023
oweniwe:

Got a queer question please.

Is there any way to connect/soldier a UPS or car battery directly to the motherboard of regular AC phone chargers and it'll work?

I want to charge phone directly from battery bypassing need for inverter, but there fear the battery may blow the phone

It's the charger that will blow, not the phone

Used to do this with a phone (car) charger the.type you plug into the cigarette lighter port. They are usually 12v

Had those crocodile clips that come with generators to connect the 12 V car battery to the charger.

NB that was a loooong time ago, I was young and foolish in school
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Smartwoods: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
bassdow:

should you do this, the entire panels would work at the rating of the lowest which is 150w. In other words, that 300watts panel amoneg them would become the equivalent of 150watts.

same happens if they were batteries, or PC ram.

in other words, it's not adviceAble

What's the best approach to issues like this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2023
AshipaEk0:

It's the charger that will blow, not the phone

Used to do this with a phone (car) charger the.type you plug into the cigarette lighter port. They are usually 12v

Had those crocodile clips that come with generators to connect the 12 V car battery to the charger.

NB that was a loooong time ago, I was young and foolish in school

Funny.

But the real reason I asked is cos I'm into phone charging biz using solar.

My PV array is very small and using inverter UPS and plugging so many chargers into the it is stressing the battery.

That's why I was wondering if there's a way I can open a charger and soldier wire from maybe charge controller to the chargers motherboard board and and it'll charge phones without hassles so I don't have to use inverter again

Cc: bassdow
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Smartwoods: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I have 2 No. 3kW 24V SRNE inverters running at the office and the house and I have had zero issues so far.

How long have you being using them?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
bassdow:

should you do this, the entire panels would work at the rating of the lowest which is 150w. In other words, that 300watts panel amoneg them would become the equivalent of 150watts.

same happens if they were batteries, or PC ram.

in other words, it's not adviceAble

How about if one try this?
http s: // bushenergy . com.au/pages/mixing-solar-panels

Cc: abbeymighty:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Smartwoods: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2023
Valto:
we can couple in a nice high quality HDF wooden box cheesy
12v 104ah lifepo4 lithium battery
12v 208ah lifepo4 lithium battery
24v 104ah lifepo4 lithium battery
24v 208ah lifepo4 lithium battery
48v 173ah lifepo4 lithium battery
24v 312ah lifepo4 lithium battery
48v 104ah lifepo4 lithium battery
48v 208ah lifepo4 lithium battery
48v 346ah lifepo4 lithium battery

All made with brand new cells!
metal box also available.

What grade of cells?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2023
For almost a year I had an installation with:
200 and 250w Alaba panels together
2 old batteries
old 1.5kv exulted inverter
powmr 60A cc

Powering a 200l Tamashi freezer I bought in 2012 for my parents from 10am to 3/4pm everyday.

I only upgraded the panels, battery and inverter this year.

bassdow:

which he's yet to do.

moreover, fridges and freezers have capacities. i might have table top, while you have chestt freezer, while thhe next person hhave those old school power hungry freezers. at end of the day, if you like, run ya thing using 1.5volts tiger battery if it works for you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2023
oweniwe:

Funny.

My PV array is very small and using inverter UPS and plugging so many chargers into the it is stressing the battery.

That's why I was wondering if there's a way I can open a charger and soldier wire from maybe charge controller to the chargers motherboard board and and it'll charge phones without hassles so I don't have to use inverter again

U will need a special circuit to achieve this..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

U will need a special circuit to achieve this..

What kind of circuit please?

Will appreciate a picture or name.

Thanks 🙏
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2023
oweniwe:

Funny.

if you're in the Business of charging Phones, means you need to charge more than just 2 or 3 phones.

Make una dey make una questions clearer abeg because Had you said this earlier, wouldn't have given you the response I gave you earlier even though that would work, it wouldn't help your situation.

My solution earlier, wouldn't favour you because what you need is way more than 10 USB ports and it involves some technicalities which a Young electrician could help you with.

What I would suggest is, either gather bad chargers and harvest it's USB ports OR buy a USB extension that has anywhere from 10 USB ports and above. If you could have anywhere at least 20 USB ports, I would help you with what to do.

But why Not Kukuma just buy inverter and Use that instead. Maybe add more solar Panels, rather than stressing yourself.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2023
gadgetplanetng:
For almost a year I had an installation with:
200 and 250w Alaba panels together
2 old batteries
old 1.5kv exulted inverter
powmr 60A cc

Powering a 200l Tamashi freezer I bought in 2012 for my parents from 10am to 3/4pm everyday.

I only upgraded the panels, battery and inverter this year.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
bassdow:

ADVERT
For?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
bassdow:

which he's yet to do.

moreover, fridges and freezers have capacities. i might have table top, while you have chestt freezer, while thhe next person hhave those old school power hungry freezers. at end of the day, if you like, run ya thing using 1.5volts tiger battery if it works for you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fashrola(m): 4:18am On Dec 03, 2023
jonescosmos:

It's MTN FTTH (Fiber To The Home)

Find out more here:
https://www.mtn.ng/deal/fibre-broadband/

https://www.mtn.ng/broadband/fibre-plans/

Cheers

Is this MTN FTTH available in all location?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 7:58am On Dec 03, 2023
fashrola:

Is this MTN FTTH available in all location?
nah....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2023
bassdow:

if you're in the Business of charging Phones, means you need to charge more than just 2 or 3 phones.

Make una dey make una questions clearer abeg because Had you said this earlier, wouldn't have given you the response I gave you earlier even though that would work, it wouldn't help your situation.

My solution earlier, wouldn't favour you because what you need is way more than 10 USB ports and it involves some technicalities which a Young electrician could help you with.

What I would suggest is, either gather bad chargers and harvest it's USB ports OR buy a USB extension that has anywhere from 10 USB ports and above. If you could have anywhere at least 20 USB ports, I would help you with what to do.

But why Not Kukuma just buy inverter and Use that instead. Maybe add more solar Panels, rather than stressing yourself.

Boss no vex. I thought some hints from you would suffice was why I asked that way. The shop is in early stage so spending overwhelm me. Bought chargers and USB hubs as you said (one 3.0 USB hub 4 ports is 5k here) those things are expensive. Just 5-6 chargers and hubs and USB cables and you've spent hundred thousands. I have inverter but it's 24v and only 1 tubular battery. Funds for another battery didn't come through so I've been using 650va Bluegate ups as inverter embarassed lipsrsealed

Having spent so much already, 12v sachet UPS are above my budget now (65k) or to buy more panels. I no get that kind money na why I dey reason to bypass inverter and charge directly from battery. cry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2023
obinna37:
what of century or A&E dunamis

I think this is better
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2023
mctfopt:

I think this is better
thanks,I finally bought the A&E dunamis 5kva
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:49am On Dec 03, 2023
oweniwe:

Boss no vex. I thought some hints from you would suffice was why I asked that way. The shop is in early stage so spending overwhelm me. Bought chargers and USB hubs as you said (one 3.0 USB hub 4 ports is 5k here) those things are expensive. Just 5-6 chargers and hubs and USB cables and you've spent hundred thousands. I have inverter but it's 24v and only 1 tubular battery. Funds for another battery didn't come through so I've been using 650va Bluegate ups as inverter embarassed lipsrsealed

Having spent so much already, 12v sachet UPS are above my budget now (65k) or to buy more panels. I no get that kind money na why I dey reason to bypass inverter and charge directly from battery. cry

I no vex. Just that there are various ways to consume cassava, and the exact method depends on it's intended purpose.

one 3.0 USB hub 4 ports is 5k here Why would you buy a USB 3.0 ? That one is super expensive. Moreover when looking to buy things cheap, you go to major market and look for those who sell whole sale or who sell to retailers.

A USB hub of 10 ports and above should cost anywhere starting from 5,000 naira depending on your state of residence.

Also how exactly did you end up with a Pure 24-volts inverter, and 1pcs of 12-volts battery ?
Ii'm guessing you choose to buy things yourself, rather than employ services of an installer OR at least gather more information to know a single battery wouldn't work for your inverter of choice.

Using a UPS as inverter, at times isn't optimized because they ain't meant for such. So expect them to drink as much juice as they could.

I dey reason to bypass inverter and charge directly from battery My idea of byPassing inverter, is to pair load with exact or close rating as the battery in use hence my laptop requires a 19volts power adapter which in turn requires a 240-volts power input. What did I do, I found ways to do away with the power adapter completely and supplied the needed 19-volts to the laptop. Later I figured out i could get more stingy and supplied 12-volts instead to a laptop formerly requiring 240-volts.

Did similar with my 32-inch and 24-inch TVs, and even ma outdoor TV antenna, and Fans, and lights, and even ma Desktop CPUs.

it's always been ensuring power comes directly from the battery either 12-volts battery, or 24-volts battery.

In most cases, the role of the inverter is to stepUp (increase) output of the battery, while in your useCase, the inverter's role is to stepDown (reduce) output of the battery.

if you really serious, then you've got to get as many devices with USB ports as possible, or buy USB hubs and if you could get hold of at least 20 USBs wether harvested, or in USB hubs, I would put you through on what to do. You might need an electrician (probably an assistant or one who's less busy enough to consider you) to put them together. It's very simple.

if I were in your shoes, I would sell the 24-volts inverter, while keeping the battery. Hope the battery hasn't been setUp yet, else you have to find ways of constantly keeping it at minimum charge else it goes bad.

Assuming you haven't bought any of those, I would have just shown you a much cheaper way.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2023
bassdow:

Why would you buy a USB 3.0 ? That one is super expensive. USB 2.0 with four hubs is 4k but 3.0 with 4 hubs is 5k and more robust in quality, so I opted for 3.0

A USB hub of 10 ports and above should cost anywhere starting from 5,000 naira depending on your state of residence. I haven't seen that one before, even online on konga/jumia, the ones I've seen have 4-5 USB ports. I stay far from state capital so access to tech market is not readily available. Only two shops have USB hubs in the whole town. angry

how exactly did you end up with a Pure 24-volts inverter, and 1pcs of 12-volts battery ? actually wanted to do a 24v system and tubular due to their advantages. Then subsidy was hurriedly removed & dollar was going up crazily. So I had to think fast with the funds I had on me. So I thought to buy the inverter and a tubular battery and keep first pending when funds come to buy another battery but expected funds didn't come so I was stuck.

I have no regrets on the purchases Sha. The inverter I bought 137k that time now cost 200k. If I had hesitated a while longer, I would not have been able to do anything now cos inflation would have devalued the savings badly.

in your useCase, the inverter's role is to stepDown (reduce) output of the battery. can you imagine? It's annoying suffering in misdt of abundance. The irony and embarrament is much. embarassed

get as many devices with USB ports as possible, or buy USB hubs and if you could get hold of at least 20 USBs wether harvested, or in USB hubs, I would put you through on what to do. You might need an electrician (probably an assistant or one who's less busy enough to consider you) to put them together. It's very simple. not a problem, paddy paddy electricians dey. Kindly permit me to enter your DM.

About selling the 24v inverter, I don't know if I will jam money again. If I do na to just buy two small AGM or GEL batteries dey use am for house. Even if I am able to sell it at reasonable price, wetin person wan use 150-180k do in this Tinubu economy? So I say make I keep am.

Thanks so much for your time and responses. I appreciate you mightily
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2023
Let us patronize Auxano solar panel,this is our own.this video is credited to smillnisun solar energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXq1YDYYIRA?si=3PeLPV-Zf2_FetQH

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 10:51am On Dec 03, 2023
oweniwe:

Why would you buy a USB 3.0 ? That one is super expensive. USB 2.0 with four hubs is 4k but 3.0 with 4 hubs is 5k and more robust in quality, so I opted for 3.0

A USB hub of 10 ports and above should cost anywhere starting from 5,000 naira depending on your state of residence. I haven't seen that one before, even online on konga/jumia, the ones I've seen have 4-5 USB ports. I stay far from state capital so access to tech market is not readily available. Only two shops have USB hubs in the whole town. angry

how exactly did you end up with a Pure 24-volts inverter, and 1pcs of 12-volts battery ? actually wanted to do a 24v system and tubular due to their advantages. Then subsidy was hurriedly removed & dollar was going up crazily. So I had to think fast with the funds I had on me. So I thought to buy the inverter and a tubular battery and keep first pending when funds come to buy another battery but expected funds didn't come so I was stuck.

I have no regrets on the purchases Sha. The inverter I bought 137k that time now cost 200k. If I had hesitated a while longer, I would not have been able to do anything now cos inflation would have devalued the savings badly.

in your useCase, the inverter's role is to stepDown (reduce) output of the battery. can you imagine? It's annoying suffering in misdt of abundance. The irony and embarrament is much. embarassed

get as many devices with USB ports as possible, or buy USB hubs and if you could get hold of at least 20 USBs wether harvested, or in USB hubs, I would put you through on what to do. You might need an electrician (probably an assistant or one who's less busy enough to consider you) to put them together. It's very simple. not a problem, paddy paddy electricians dey. Kindly permit me to enter your DM.

About selling the 24v inverter, I don't know if I will jam money again. If I do na to just buy two small AGM or GEL batteries dey use am for house. Even if I am able to sell it at reasonable price, wetin person wan use 150-180k do in this Tinubu economy? So I say make I keep am.

1. for what's needed, all you need is the USB port, not the circuitry hence 3.0 or 2.0 or even 100.0 doesn't matter. In fact should you harvest the USB port from a faulty device, it still would be useful

2. Never said I shop online in Nigeria. Me dey wear ¾ shorts enter market Ooo, either Ladipo, Oshodi, ComputerVillage, etc. In fact if you enter Ladipo, you might be lucky to see those who sell uused items BUT i am telling you, a brand new USB hub of 10 ports is not up to 8,000 naira. Well last I bought it was Janurary this year.

3. Kindly permit me to enter your DM. Hopefully it wouldn't be lengthy because I am often busy at work. I mostly come here to deStress mySelf. meanWhile, I prefer responding in here, just in case it might be useFul to others

Also for your requirement, you work during the day, hence you don't really need much battery, just large solar 
Panel. Except you intends using them at home also or after dark.

In Life, you hardly could eat Your Cake and have it back. you either Spend MONEY or Spend TIME or Spend both MONEY & TIME
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 11:06am On Dec 03, 2023
oweniwe:

Since it's for a charging station, you could have simply bought those car chargers and connect them directly to the batteries. I use it at home and trust me they are pretty fast.

You didn't plan well. You don't need the inverter. You could have simply bought more panels.

Well nothing spoil. Carry out your feasibility studies you might need to dispose the inverter to get more panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2023
dacool1:

Since it's for a charging station, you could have simply bought those car chargers and connect them directly to the batteries. I use it at home and trust me they are pretty fast.

You didn't plan well. You don't need the inverter. You could have simply bought more panels.

Well nothing spoil. Carry out your feasibility studies you might need to dispose the inverter to get more panels.

exactly my thought, just that at the moment, and for his useCase, he would require oover 10 of such carChargers which is really expensive hence the USB method I suggested.

I still believe since He isn't technical at all, it's better He buys a USED 300W solar panel of at least 4pcs, a cheap USED MPPT chargeController or even brandNew PWM chargeController, and use it with his UPS inverter. That would pay him much better. DIY is cheap but only when you do it yourself, or have someone to do it for you. tto make matters worse, he's in remote part of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: isnigeriadead, saint2ace(m), ab221(m), ixyi(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.