Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2061122 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) ... (1693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 6:52pm On Feb 25
Any battery equalizer seller in the house pls i need a 48v system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:14pm On Feb 25
guente02:

Started showing code 20 on the display and wouldn't charge the battery.
Whats code 20 in the manual? Is it the ac or solar or both that wasnt charging the battery? Did u use breakers/spds in installing it? Sorry I'm having to ask this questions and takin u back to the hurt it caused
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:23pm On Feb 25
bassdow:

wait Oooo, He's refering to a 12-volts system.

You see, my response was along the lines of "if 300Watts solar panel would work with PWM charge controller". Not the scenerio you posted above.
You may check the post of the guy that was seeking advice again. His system was 12v system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:46pm On Feb 25
isangjohnson:

Boss, I guess you should have checked the post of someone that suggested 180w pv and 40k cc first.
From his post, 40k cc is pwm and 200w and below is very compatible with it.
It's very wrong to use 300w with pwm cc.

This is the post I was talking about. Saying it was wrong to use 300w with pwm cc was on this 12v system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:53pm On Feb 25
isangjohnson:

You may check the post of the guy that was seeking advice again. His system was 12v system
Link please.
Me no get that kind time to dey browse pages looking for wetin no loss. Nairaland platform is horrible when you need search for something
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by amicdan(m): 8:01pm On Feb 25
Trippledots:

Ok, My recommendation is still the same. Or do you want to go and buy another battery?

Looking at getting the battery replaced.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25
amicdan:

Looking at getting the battery replaced.

Ok.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saxwizard(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25
I have this 7.5kva felicity inveter that shut down once there is Nepa light

Background
It’s a hybrid inveter, the charger controller part was faulty so we replaced with an external felicity 120A charge controller.

The inveter actually works well and the battery are also in good standing. Just wondering why it shuts down on Nepa

Will be taking it to the service center though. Just wanted bosses on the house to comment.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:48pm On Feb 25
Drgreatone:

3 300watts panel, VOC is abt 39v all connected in series. Max I av gotten with it is abt 350watts. (Max amps like 3 to 3.5 from Isc of abt 9 and Volt is abt 110v). Feel I should be getting better yield though but guess that's the system limitation

2kva SMS Sunmate Inverter has 240vdc as the minimum operating voltage, and your panels are 117v combined, don't you think it could be that reason for poor yield?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 9:38pm On Feb 25
that is the behaviour of Tubular batteries and most lead acid batteries, it is call voltage sagging. you can read up on it. once you turn off everything, it will return back to its intiate voltage or 5 bars in your case.

amicdan:
Hi House.
My charge controller drops from 5 bar ( 13.6 volts ) to 3bar ( 12.4 volts ) after full charge on a load of 150 watts within 2 minutes.

What could be the issue ? Setup was done a week ago.

Note had to charge with external intelligent 20amps charger to full bar.

This is my set up :
1. 2 x 335 watt GCL panel in series
2. 60 amp PWM Charge controller
3. 220amps Caesar tubular Battery
4. 1KVA MSW Inverter

The main issue is the battery dropping from 5 bar to 3 bar on the charge controller with 2 minutes once load is applied on the the battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:48pm On Feb 25
Please, someone should check this product for me.
Is it a smart bms?
Is this a complete Jbd bms?
It's too cheap to be real.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 12:07am On Feb 26
TechGeek777:

2kva SMS Sunmate Inverter has 240vdc as the minimum operating voltage, and your panels are 117v combined, don't you think it could be that reason for poor yield?
Thats the nominal operating voltage. The mppt voltage range is 30-400vdc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:26am On Feb 26
whatsapp me on 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:15am On Feb 26
No
It's a complete BMS but non smart
Buy if it's still in stock of d seller might b old price
isangjohnson:
Is it a smart bms?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:23am On Feb 26
Jefferyzz:
No
It's a complete BMS but non smart
Buy if it's still in stock of d seller might b old price
I thought as much.
Thanks Sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:28am On Feb 26
Please, where can I buy smart Jbd/jk/daly bms 4s 30a to 80a?
I need it urgently.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:55am On Feb 26
isangjohnson:
Please, where can I buy smart Jbd/jk/daly bms 4s 30a to 80a?
I need it urgently.
4S JBD 100A Bluetooth bms available 75k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oaice: 9:11am On Feb 26
Jefferyzz:
It will charge it but it's won't b optimal. He won't get anything close to 300w going into d battery. Max e'll get is 145w.
Mppt is a DC to DC converter. ie converts volts to amps but ur panel must b at certain voltage b4 this is done. My CC mppt working voltage is 35v. Some 300w panel underload will give like 31v 9a, for a 12v system that 31v will b cut off to 14.5(bulk voltage) n 9a which is like 130w, same thing goes if he's using pwm. But if 2 is in series, mppt kicks in n convert d excess volts. So u'll av close to ur panel capacity.
Imagine 9a going into d battery at the same time supply small load on d inverter.
If d CC is pwm n it's 12v system best is those 180/190w panel with 9a or 10a isc in parallel.

Please what is the best specification of solar panels to get for a 12v 115amps battery. I also want to be able to power a hot plate rated at 1000w during the day when the sun is up. I want to go completely offgrid. Need inputs from everyone please. I am tired of Nepa. I have the battery, intend to get the Inverter and Solar Panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:47am On Feb 26
oaice:

Please what is the best specification of solar panels to get for a 12v 115amps battery. I also want to be able to power a hot plate rated at 1000w during the day when the sun is up. I want to go completely offgrid. Need inputs from everyone please. I am tired of Nepa. I have the battery, intend to get the Inverter and Solar Panels.

A 12v 115ah battery has a total energy of 1380wh which if it's a lead acid battery has a 50% usable capacity, that is 690wh. If you are to run a 1000w hot plate on it it'll last for 690/1000= 0.69 hours or 41 minutes in theory.

Conclusion: It's not recommended to run a hot plate off such small size of battery. Also it'll be hard to get a genuine 12v inverter that can handle such 1000w load in Nigeria.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dataking: 10:53am On Feb 26
mctfopt:

A 12v 115ah battery has a total energy of 1380wh which if it's a lead acid battery has a 50% usable capacity, that is 690wh. If you are to run a 1000w hot plate on it it'll last for 690/1000= 0.69 hours or 41 minutes in theory.

Conclusion: It's not recommended to run a hot plate off such small size of battery. Also it'll be hard to get a genuine 12v inverter that can handle such 1.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:00pm On Feb 26
At this stage of the economy Solar system will no longer be affordable. The current economy has killed solar affordability. Ordinary 12v system is turning luxury gradually.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:36pm On Feb 26
12v 30A 14.2v lifepo4 lithium battery dedicated charger available 45k
24v 2000w (1000w continuous power) pure sine wave inverter available 85k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26
Hello at the @bassdow and other bosses in the house. Pls can i put these panels in series. Isc current of the 580w is higher than the max isc of the inverter which is 13A. I was hoping the isc of the 475w which os 11A will drag down the isc of the 580w which is 14.7A. Is it possible??

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CooldipoMPS: 2:05pm On Feb 26
ti4c:
I contacted him but the prices have almost doubled because of naira depreciation. The one of 140k two months is now over 270k.

MPS 2 Pro has only moved from 140k to 170k and now at 200k. Do get in touch, o8osix531 63 o7
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:06pm On Feb 26
isangjohnson:

Not sure I saw his own comment before commenting. What I saw was that of someone saying 300W solar panel won't work with PWM which I countered. Don't think I have time going backwards again. No be competition.

MoreOver, 300W solar panel no be 12-volts system to begin with.
Using 300W solar panel with PWM na pure wastage going by the way PWM charge controllers work.

if the guy already has PWM, make him manage am except he could afford MPPT which I have regularly supported.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:14pm On Feb 26
isangjohnson:

Boss, I guess you should have checked the post of someone that suggested 180w pv and 40k cc first.
From his post, 40k cc is pwm and 200w and below is very compatible with it.
It's very wrong to use 300w with pwm cc.

Na only the bolded Me see talk. Moreover, why would one design a 12-volts system with 300W PV then propose a PWM charge controller.

That's one of the many issues with all these so-called installers.

Except you've discussed with the client and you want to give them room for growth, no need buying any PV above 150W

But if the guy can't afford MPPT, let him buy the PWM for now, then buy 300W solar panel and use it that way so long He has plans to upgrade in future.
Whenever He's ready to upgrade, He wouldn't be forced into changing solar panels whose 2nd value is almost nothing. All He has to do is add more solar panel.

So Yes, Let him change the 200W Solar Panels to 300W and either get an MPPT charge controller, (or a PWM for the moment). In future, when ready to upgrade, all He need do is add more Panels, then upgrade his charge Controller to MPPT.

Also, if possible, he could source for a used MPPT charge controller.

I said all the above with mindset Money is tight for said client.

Me don die the matter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:23pm On Feb 26
obitobe:
that is the behaviour of Tubular batteries and most lead acid batteries, it is call voltage sagging. you can read up on it. once you turn off everything, it will return back to its intiate voltage or 5 bars in your case.

amicdan:
Hi House.
My charge controller drops from 5 bar ( 13.6 volts ) to 3bar ( 12.4 volts ) after full charge on a load of 150 watts within 2 minutes.

What could be the issue ? Setup was done a week ago.

Note had to charge with external intelligent 20amps charger to full bar.

This is my set up :
1. 2 x 335 watt GCL panel in series
2. 60 amp PWM Charge controller
3. 220amps Caesar tubular Battery
4. 1KVA MSW Inverter

The main issue is the battery dropping from 5 bar to 3 bar on the charge controller with 2 minutes once load is applied on the the battery.

1. Could equally be the battery just got filled, but not passed or completed the absorption or float stage.
2. Another is, some charge controllers sabi lie. reason you need multi-meter handy
3. Another is, maybe the battery don dey age.
4. what happened when you "charged with external intelligent 20amps charger to full bar."

seriously, sometimes, e better make person find the actual post and read, rather than relying on subsequent comments. I doubt I got such time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:36pm On Feb 26
Valto:
12v 1600w pure sine wave sachet inverter available 65k
48v 2000w pure sine wave sachet inverter available 95k
12v 2kw hybrid inverter (2000w pv capacity) 280k
24v 3.2kw hybrid inverter (3000w pv capacity) 350k/with wifi dongle 400k
48v 6.2kw hybrid inverter 500k /with wifi dongle 550k
4pcs 135ah lifepo4 lithium cells available (70k each)
8pcs 104ah lifepo4 lithium cells available (55k each)
24pcs 150ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available(90k each)
16pcs brand new grade A EVE 280ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available
8pcs eve 280ah Lifepo4 Lithium battery cells available
4pcs eve lifepo4 lithium battery cells available.

whatsapp me on 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

Hello
While advertising Lithium batteries, kindly give example price so prospective clients / customers would have an idea.

Taking "4pcs 135ah lifepo4 lithium cells available (70k each)" for example, for a 12-volts battery, One would need at least 4pcs but 1pcs costs 70,000 naira hence 4pcs = 70,000 naira * 4pcs = 280,000 naira.
Now some of us might be knowledgeable to arrive at the above. But how many of us have any idea that the costs doesn't end there ?
How about quoting the complete items, along with costs, required to setUp a complete 12-volts Lithium battery.

Please don't see the above as an attack. na Just suggestion which I presume should set you apart from the crowd. No be verybody like surprises. Imagine adding item(s) to cart, only to see much higher price at checkOut.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:40pm On Feb 26
isangjohnson:
Is it a smart bms?
why not research the model as stated on the AD and make your conclusions ?

Here's it on Google - https://www.google.com/search?q=jbd+hpo4sk

Equally check out other sellers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:47pm On Feb 26
oaice:

oga, 12-volts system ain't for such loads abeg.
Even 24-volts system (especially those wey dey use 2pcs of 12-volts battery) would struggle with such load, let alone a 12-volts system.
Even lots of batteries are overRated hence 115amps, might just be 100amps.

Also, to increase life span of your battery, you shouldn't even run it up to 40% sef.

if you really want to run hot plate on solar, without drilling a huge hole in your pocket, get a very large solar panel setup, then connect them to a weak battery (or any battery you don't care if they suffer) and do your cooking during the afternoon when there's enough sun light.

You equally would need a very good capable inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26
bassdow:

Taking "4pcs 135ah lifepo4 lithium cells available (70k each)" for example, for a 12-volts battery, One would need at least 4pcs but 1pcs costs 70,000 naira hence 4pcs = 70,000 naira * 4pcs = 280,000 naira.
Now some of us might be knowledgeable to arrive at the above. But how many of us have any idea that the costs doesn't end there ?
How about quoting the complete items,

Please don't see the above as an attack. na Just suggestion which I presume should set you apart from the crowd. No be verybody like surprises. Imagine adding item(s) to cart, only to see much higher price at checkOut.
thanks bro. I understand your point. but i believe most people that want to buy cells only, actually know what they want. I never advertised a coupled battery. moreover the quantity I wrote are what I have remaining, so i can't be calculating remaining 4pcs, for someone that wants a 24v battery. it is strictly cells only advert.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) ... (1693) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: cybaj09, Dharyhor, toyeoye(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.