Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063133 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 11:30am On Mar 30
isangjohnson:

Your analysis may be wrong. 2 pcs of 220ah will give you 2.64kwh dod and 4 pcs will give you 3.6kwh dod.
Choosing between 24v system and 48v system will depend on your loads and your budget.

Thanks for your response but it is too technical for me. Please break it down for me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 11:32am On Mar 30
Obnoxious2001:

In actual sense, the 150ah is a better option considering that battery life span will be higher.
however, there is an overhead cost in getting solar panels/means to charge them effectively.

Thanks for your response. You mean that I will need more solar panels to charge them, right? Will four 440w solar panels be able to charge the four 150ah batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:54am On Mar 30
adibo:

Thanks for your response. You mean that I will need more solar panels to charge them, right? Will four 440w solar panels be able to charge the four 150ah batteries?

Yes to charge it.
To run load and charge, no it's small
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:00pm On Mar 30
LUKINGUY:
Dear Professionals

I need to design system for 240kw, 20kva Inverter - Out door enclosure for lithium LifePO4 battery

Which brand will you advise on batteries, Inverter and other components (I was thinking of felicity because of their presence in Nigeria incase of aftersales support and warranty.

Thanks

You are better off sourcing cells and DIYing the battery side of it. You can always source inverter here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by icjunior(m): 3:41pm On Mar 30
Prices have been reduced by fouani for jinko panels.
Incase anyone needs😁
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 3:59pm On Mar 30
icjunior:
Prices have been reduced by fouani for jinko panels.
Incase anyone needs😁
What's the current price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:31pm On Mar 30
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30
isangjohnson:

Can we see the datasheet of this inverter?

Sachet inverter de get credible data sheet? I'll check
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hassan52(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30
Please is there anyone that teaches solar installation? I am interested.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 5:22pm On Mar 30
nicodemusic:
Good morning house.. Sorry to bother you guys.. I noticed these ports on my inverter and got me curious what's it's used for.. There also one like this on the charge controller..

RS232 and BMS/RS485

Thanks

The rs232 port is serial port for communicating with your inverter including reading and setting its parameters like Low Voltage and High Voltage disconnect (LVD and HVD), setting charging parameters etc. The BMS port is for communicating with the BMS of a lithium battery.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nelsonebby(m): 5:22pm On Mar 30
M
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 5:52pm On Mar 30
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:22pm On Mar 30
adibo:
Good morning, I want to get batteries for a 2.5kva or 1.5kva hybrid inverter. I just noticed that two 220ah batteries give a total of 440ah at 594k while four 150ah batteries gives a total of 600ah at 580k. By my local man logic, the 150ah option seems better to me cus I get about 160ah more battery capacity. Pls, those who are experts, is this my logic correct and can I go for this 150ah option?

I keep shaking my head upon your decision.
580k bros as in 580k for this period ooo.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 6:40pm On Mar 30
Most likely the fuse in the inverter is blown. Open up the inverter & physically check the fuse or use a multimeter to check for continuity

kristien4:
Pls has anyone experienced this before, an installer i introduced to a friend mistakenly reversed polarity for battery connection to inverter. And now, the inverter has refused to detect battery.. any solution to this wahala?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 6:59pm On Mar 30
dollarnaira:

I keep shaking my head upon your decision.
580k bros as in 580k for this period ooo.

Thanks for replying. I came to seek advice, you can simply give your advice if you have any. Thanks once again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 7:11pm On Mar 30
Check for blown fuses... You will probably need to have it opened to check that.

From this situation you have described, I am 95% sure it is blown fuses.

kristien4:
Location is benin city. It does not come up at all wen connected to battery. It only comes up wen connected to solar pv/ nepa light. Works via this too sources but does not detect battery. Everyother thing works fine. Displays/blinks "Bp" on the inverter screen. Its an ipower max 3.5kva inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:57pm On Mar 30
adibo:

Thanks for your response but it is too technical for me. Please break it down for me
4 pcs of 150wh giving 3.6kwh at 50% dod for 580k is better than 2 pcs of 220ah giving 2.64kwh at 50% dod for 594k.
A higher voltage system would always perform more efficient than the lower voltage system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:02pm On Mar 30
Trippledots:

Sachet inverter de get credible data sheet? I'll check
Please, drop it and let's compare with others. I have similar inverters, though from different companies and I'm yet to hook them up for capacity test.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30
Also, I am caught in two minds, between buying a 2.4kva 24v mercury hybrid inverter and buying a 1.5kva 12v Mercury hybrid inverter. I need it for lights, charging of laptops and phones, 120w fridge, 240w washing machine and 32 inch smart TV. I heard that 24v inverters are more efficient than 12v inverters. Also, I am just considering buying the 2.4kva in order to have extra space for more load in future. What is your advice?
cc mctfopt
cc isangjohnson
cc Obnoxious2001
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by scottsland: 8:48pm On Mar 30
I want to setup solar system for four Thermocool Freezers with these ratings on it.
VOLTAGE/FREQUENCY: 230V ~ 50Hz
WATT/RATED CURRENT: 110W/1.2A
ENERGY CONSUMPTION: 0.77Kwh/24h

I want to use Lithium Battery
Please which inverter capacity do I need.
Also which battery capacity is needed.
And how many solar panels do I need.
Please help

cc mctfopt
cc valto
cc isangjohnson
cc Obnoxious2001
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30
ojesymsym:
Check for blown fuses... You will probably need to have it opened to check that.

From this situation you have described, I am 95% sure it is blown fuses.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30
sintolord:
Most likely the fuse in the inverter is blown. Open up the inverter & physically check the fuse or use a multimeter to check for continuity

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30
adibo:
Also, I am caught in two minds, between buying a 2.4kva 24v mercury hybrid inverter and buying a 1.5kva 12v Mercury hybrid inverter. I need it for lights, charging of laptops and phones, 120w fridge, 240w washing machine and 32 inch smart TV. I heard that 24v inverters are more efficient than 12v inverters. Also, I am just considering buying the 2.4kva in order to have extra space for more load in future. What is your advice?
cc mctfopt
cc isangjohnson
cc Obnoxious2001

24v is your guy then
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 30
adibo:
cc mctfopt
cc isangjohnson
cc Obnoxious2001

Get 12V 1.5kva..
Parallel your 12V Lead acid batteries.
Better Idle Consumption..
Your continuous loads are under 300w

24V will force you to series and will eventually cause some issues in long run..
You will loss power to self consumption..

Your Next Future upgrade should be 48V or 24V.. 3.5kw and LFP batteries..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:35pm On Mar 30
adibo:

Thanks for replying. I came to seek advice, you can simply give your advice if you have any. Thanks once again
The advice had been given before. Go for LifePO4 bro as you don't need pampering.
Lead acid should not be granted such amount of money. Spend wisely.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jasp12(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30
jasp12:
What's the minimum / maximum panels required for a 3.5kva 24v (450VDC), it's a Felicity inverter
@bassdow @dollarnaira
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30
In as much as LFP are better option
you need to understand there is a place where Lead acid shines, if you load are under 300w.
You are on budget looking for cheap inverter that can charge with grid with inbuilt PWM control.

Without so much stress, with the 12V 1.5kva hybrid and 200AH Lead acid, 600w panel. You can start the Journey. At low cost.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 10:09pm On Mar 30
Dam5reey1:

Get 12V 1.5kva..
Parallel your 12V Lead acid batteries.
Better Idle Consumption..
Your continuous loads are under 300w

24V will force you to series and will eventually cause some issues in long run..
You will loss power to self consumption..

Your Next Future upgrade should be 48V or 24V.. 3.5kw and LFP batteries..

Thanks a lot for your advice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:09pm On Mar 30
adibo:
cc mctfo.pt
cc isangjoh.nson
cc Obnoxio.us2001

Do 24v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 10:11pm On Mar 30
dollarnaira:

The advice had been given before. Go for LifePO4 bro as you don't need pampering.
Lead acid should not be granted such amount of money. Spend wisely.

Thanks a lot. I heard the LifePO4 batteries are very expensive. Can you give me the cost of getting it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 10:12pm On Mar 30
Obnoxious2001:

24v is your guy then

Thanks a lot
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adibo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 30
mctfopt:

Do 24v

Thanks a lot for the response bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: orkman(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.