Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060628 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:20am On Apr 01
EduTechTainMent:

Suoer 2000w/12v sachet inverter

It's gone.
To get the SMD ics and all that stuff is not worth the stress.
It's even cheaper to replace it undecided

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:32am On Apr 01
Wonder1844:
My Charge controller with this error display
The product is Felicity 120A charge controller.
I have disconnected the battery it still shows the same.
What's the possible solution please

E4 mean battery voltage is high
Does it charge at all?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:34am On Apr 01
Trippledots:

So I did a test today with a victron quattro and got about 61% efficiency. I've done this before though and had to repeat it to be sure I was not making mistakes.

This confirmation led me to do some research and I found this....see pix attached.

Link to full article [url]https://unboundsolar.com/solar-information/inverters-article#:~:text=The%20efficiency%20of%20an%20inverter,when%20running%20very%20small%20loads.[/url]

In summary,these "cheap chinese knockoffs" as some people like to refer to sachet inverters, are not bad at conversion efficiency, and basic protections.
How did you do the test?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 7:38am On Apr 01
Hello great people🫡🫡🫡
Happy Easter Monday, I hope you all get to enjoy the celebration.
Please can anyone enlighten me about the difference between 60cells and 72cells 300w solar panel?
Why is 60cells 10-15k more costly than 72cells?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 9:13am On Apr 01
RickyM:
Hello great people🫡🫡🫡
Happy Easter Monday, I hope you all get to enjoy the celebration.
Please can anyone enlighten me about the difference between 60cells and 72cells 300w solar panel?
Why is 60cells 10-15k more costly than 72cells?

0. NIGERIAN FACTOR: (Yes, read it again, NIGERIAN FACTOR)
In Nigeria, a seller will inflate the price of an item based on the frequency of sales of that particular item. Naturally 60-cell panels are gradually being deprecated so it's meant to be cheaper than any other higher cell up to 144-cells
So your question should be: WHY ARE PEOPLE BUYING MORE 60-cell panels against 72-cell panels?

1. Client Category:
60-cell solar panels are much more common for residential solar installations, while 72-cell solar panels are more commonly used for commercial or other large-scale projects. There are a few key differences between the two that will impact which option you choose, regardless of whether you're installing for your home or business.

2. Dimensions:
72-cell solar panels have more photovoltaic cells, therefore, they are larger than 60-cell panels. When it comes to dimensions, 60-cell panels are usually built six cells wide and ten cells tall. 72-cell panels are also six cells wide but have an additional two rows of cells that make them a bit taller. What does this translate to in feet and inches? 60-cell solar panels have an average dimension of roughly 5.4 ft by 3.25 ft. 72-cell panels will roughly be the same width and average around 6.5 ft in height.

This extra space can make a big difference when it comes to your solar system design. If you have plenty of uninterrupted roof space or a lot of land for a ground-mounted installation, you can likely go with 60 or 70-cell panels. But, if you're going to have limited space for installation or a more complicated layout (such as a lone panel on a dormer or a small garage to fit a few panels), most installers are going to recommend 60-cell panels. Because they're smaller, they'll be able to fit in more tight spaces that may not work for a 72-cell panel. The same is true for roofs that are narrow - if your local jurisdiction or fire department has strict setback codes for solar arrays, 60-cell panels may also be the better option because they are shorter. A lot will depend on the specifics of your roof and your preferences for the layout of your array, so it's a good idea to talk to an installer about your options.

3. Cost of installing:
The cost of installing 60-cell vs. 72-cell panels may also vary a bit for your installation. 72-cell solar panels tend to be cheaper to install on a large scale, which is why they're more common for commercial applications. Because each panel has more solar cells, you can typically install fewer panels to generate the same amount of electricity. Fewer panels mean less racking is necessary, which helps cut down on overall equipment and installation costs.

On the other hand, 60-cell panels are lighter and easier to install, which is why they're more common for residential rooftop installations. This can mean lower labor costs for the installation. For large commercial installations, the extra size and weight of a 72-cell panel aren't as much of an obstacle because cranes are often used to lift the equipment to the rooftop.

4. Wattage and power output:
72-cell panels can have higher wattages and power output than 60-cell panels because of the additional photovoltaic cells, but that's not always the case. In fact, the number of cells in a panel doesn't have a direct correlation to its power output. The power output of a panel is more dependent on the quality and durability of the solar cells themselves.

5. Other factors to consider when choosing solar panels:
For cost, it's a good idea to compare your 60-cell and 72-cell panel options on a cost-per-watt ($/W) basis. Similar to looking at dollars per square foot when shopping for a home, looking at $/W shows you what the cost of a turnkey solar panel installation is on a per-watt basis. Looking at this factor will allow you to standardize the price of installations using either 60-cell or 72-cell panels, especially if you're comparing different system sizes.

The biggest difference between a 60 cell and 72 cell panel is that 72 cell panels are about 12″ longer. Due to their larger size, 72 cell panels contain 12 more solar cells than 60 cell solar panels. This often makes 72 cell panels a better value on a cost per watt basis than 60 cell panels.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 9:42am On Apr 01
Obnoxious2001:

It's gone.

The thing pain me sha. It was a new inverter. I didn't even get to use it for 5 minutes before it got spoilt while he was installing the system. I just thank God say no be my LiFePO4 battery he spoil like that. Smh
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:03am On Apr 01
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N8,000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N7,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N18,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense...

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 5:54pm On Apr 01
easyyoke:
Can anybody recommend a good MPPT charge controller that has bluetooth app please such that I can easily set/change the controller’s settings on my phone. Sometime readily available in our Nigerian market.

Anybody please? Or all Charge controllers sold in Nigeria, none of them get bluetooth app?🥺
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01
easyyoke:

Anybody please? Or all Charge controllers sold in Nigeria, none of them get bluetooth app?🥺
victron energy change controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:33pm On Apr 01
Obnoxious2001:

It's gone.

With the right mosfets replaced,it will work
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:06pm On Apr 01
Demuda: MPPT Solar Charge Controllers
easyyoke:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 8:48pm On Apr 01
Trippledots:

The installer did this for you free?? Why are cables flying everywhere?

Meanwhile your system is too small for the load you are putting on it.
A proper installation might cost too much for him.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 8:49pm On Apr 01
gifted65:

What do you suggest I do now?
Pay a better installer for rejuvenation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 9:18pm On Apr 01
dollarnaira:

Not always Mosfet... could be the oscillating driver circuit is fried, and most technicians don't bother much with that.

If it has visited several technicians and still didn't work, then it's past Mosfet issue.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 9:20pm On Apr 01
Trippledots:

An inverter AC
Clamp Metre
Sachet 5kw pure sine.

Bro you are using sachet inverter to power Ac while some people here said sachet inverter can't power a freezer
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:32pm On Apr 01
ewizard1:

Not always Mosfet... could be the oscillating driver circuit is fried, and most technicians don't bother much with that.

If it has visited several technicians and still didn't work, then it's past Mosfet issue.

True to this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 9:56pm On Apr 01
mvphenryeto5:

Bro you are using sachet inverter to power Ac while some people here said sachet inverter can't power a freezer
A true rated power sachet inverter can power AC.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 10:12pm On Apr 01
A quick question for all the All-In-One Inverter lovers… Does Growatt SPF 3500ES or Growatt SPF 5000ES accept “Dirty electricity” from generators please. I know many AIO systems no dey gree receive power from all these our generators because they mostly produce dirty electricity but I am hearing growatt accept dirty power. Is this true please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 10:14pm On Apr 01
ojesymsym:
Demuda: MPPT Solar Charge Controllers

Do you have a link please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 10:52pm On Apr 01
You can do a search on aliexpress, you will find the product and full spec there
easyyoke:

Do you have a link please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:47pm On Apr 01
easyyoke:

Go for Victron with Gx Controller, otherwise only local bluethooth.
Midnite Classic Charge Controller have a LAN Ethernet port that can be connected to a WiFi and there is a good third party android app (Graham) which connect from the phone.
I used Morningstar's TriStar Mppt 60 CC to receive live view through router connection to my laptop. 600v and the new GenStar also work for it. No app is needed. Just use your favorite browser.
Another option is Schneider with Insight Local (WiFi or Ethernet)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:43am On Apr 02
dollarnaira:

No be MOSFET be the problem.

It's beyond it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 6:51am On Apr 02
Tony Elumelu, davido's dad and femi otedola about to transfer transgression to nigerians...this one wey since easter eve i de get about 23 and half hours of electricity every day from AEDC...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 6:57am On Apr 02
Wonder1844:
My Charge controller with this error display
The product is Felicity 120A charge controller.
I have disconnected the battery it still shows the same.
What's the possible solution please
What's the input voltage from the panel before now? I can see 64V there.

Had a similar issue with the new 100A CC where the input used to be 135V but all of a sudden drops to 53V and can't charge the battery any more.
Error 04 is high battery voltage but seems your battery is a 48V so there is nothing high about it.

When the PV voltage drops close to battery voltage, it can't charge the battery.

I have sent it to the seller so he can take it to felicity service center for checks like 2 weeks ago and he has been giving me different excuses.

That controller has not served upto 1 month.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 7:24am On Apr 02
futurenix:

What's the input voltage from the panel before now? I can see 64V there.

Had a similar issue with the new 100A CC where the input used to be 135V but all of a sudden drops to 53V and can't charge the battery any more.
Error 04 is high battery voltage but seems your battery is a 48V so there is nothing high about it.

When the PV voltage drops close to battery voltage, it can't charge the battery.

I have sent it to the seller so he can take it to felicity service center for checks like 2 weeks ago and he has been giving me different excuses.

That controller has not served upto 1 month.
is it a general issue with d new cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primeelectronix: 8:05am On Apr 02
AUTHORIZED DEALER ON JINKO SOLAR PANEL,GROWATTS INVERTER AND PYLONTECH LITHIUM ION BATTERIES

AVAILABLE ITEMS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

440WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS
475WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS
625WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS

GROWATTS INVERTERS
SPF 3000TL HVM 48
SPF 5000TL HVM P
SPF 3500ES
SPF 5000ES
SPH 3600TL BL UP
SPH 5000TL BL UP
SPH 8000TL3 BH UP
SPH 10000TL3 BHUP

PYLONTECH LITHIUM ION BATTERIES

US2000C 2.4KWH
US3000C 3.5KWH
UP5000 4.8KWH
HORIZONTALAND VERTICAL BRACKET FOR ALL MODELS OF BATTERIES
EXTERNAL CABLE KIT FOR USC(CONNECT BATTERY TO INVERTER ALSO AVAILABLE

ALL ITEMS ARE VERY MUCH AVAILABLE AND WILL BE DELIVERED WITH EASE..

NO NEED TO RUN TO ARENA OR ALABA ANYMORE...
WE ARE HERE TO SERVE YOU SO WELL...
PRICES ARE FRIENDLY

CONTACT NUMBER...09074488146 OR SEND WHATSAPP MESSAGE WITH THE SAME NUMBER...
WE CAN DELIVER ANYWHERE...LAGOS,OGUN,BENIN,ASABA,ABUJA,IBADAN,PH,IMO ETC
WE ARE VERY ACTIVE.... TO ALL THE SOLAR ENGINEERS,KINDLY BRING DEALS AND A WARMFUL DISCOUNT AWAITS YOU..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 8:27am On Apr 02
Please what's the best config to get maximum harvest for 24v.

A friend offer me this 2.5kva succam
My current panels are 300 (3 mono) and 250 (1 poly)

I will buy more panels but no now cos omo no money, or i should just maintain my current 12v and my modified inverter

2s, 2p ?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 10:26am On Apr 02
brightk:
is it a general issue with d new cc

Don't know yet but until mentally unstable person enter market b4 we conclude say na madness true true.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 11:20am On Apr 02
Does yohako inverter support editing charging profile especially 4 somone who just got lithium battery cry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 11:55am On Apr 02
Original Taiwan solar panel
Just offloaded

330w-95k from two pieces up
420w-110k from Two pieces up
Location Lagos trade fair
If you're interested call this number

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 11:58am On Apr 02
obinna37:
Original Taiwan solar panel
Just offloaded

330w-95k from two pieces up
420w-110k from Two pieces up
Location Lagos trade fair

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by balogunsam(m): 3:16pm On Apr 02
please help. Someone installed this mppt charge controller for my mum and it has burnt twice at this same point (where wires from the solar panels connect to the charge controller).
Happened first time, he replaced it and it happened again. He was about collecting money from her to buy another one again but this time she reached out to me.

It’s a 12v 1kw inverter system with 6x 180w solar panels and 200ah battery. She uses it at her store for a small fridge, a desktop computer and fan.

Is this a problem with the power from the solar panels being too much? Or the charge controller is thrash?

Please help. Any insight appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: welgate(m), damilonya(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.