Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2070022 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:37pm On Apr 12
gifted65:

Price is high o, currently i have a 24v system, though using 2 100a croc lead acid battery which atleast works with our qasa fan till morning, but is it possible to buy one more 100a battery to add to this my battery bank so we can watch small tv for 2 hours at night because omo tubular battery price na die oo, 320k for one.

My setup is 6 (300 solar panel)
2.5kva pure sine inverter
Powr mppt cc
If you can wait and pray for the current exchange rate to persist till ending of next month, you will buy 100ah 24v lifepo4 battery at about 350k

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 4:52pm On Apr 12
isangjohnson:

If you can wait and pray for the current exchange rate to persist till ending of next month, you will buy 100ah 24v lifepo4 battery at about 350k
24v100ah abi 12v100ah?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 4:57pm On Apr 12
isangjohnson:

If the old battery is over 6 months, don't think of adding another new battery to it because it won't last.
Just close eyes and buy the two new ones at once.
How long has the two 100ah lasted?

Was purchased in November last year
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 5:09pm On Apr 12
gifted65:

Price is high o, currently i have a 24v system, though using 2 100a croc lead acid battery which atleast works with our qasa fan till morning, but is it possible to buy one more 100a battery to add to this my battery bank so we can watch small tv for 2 hours at night because omo tubular battery price na die oo, 320k for one.

My setup is 6 (300 solar panel)
2.5kva pure sine inverter
Powr mppt cc
Arent ur batteries undersized for this ur panels?
The max panel watts for ur powmr is 1440w so ow did u combine urs?
Do u only run a fan on it? Wondering why it wont carry ur tv unless its all those heavy power consuming type
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 5:14pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

Arent ur batteries undersized for this ur panels?
Do u only run a fan on it? Wondering why it wont carry ur tv unless its all those heavy power consuming type

Installer said 2.5kva inverter requires lots of panel

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 5:33pm On Apr 12
gifted65:

Installer said 2.5kva inverter requires lots of panel
Its ur loads/batteries that determines it moreso since u arent using an hybrid inverter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 5:37pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

Its ur loads/batteries that determines it moreso since u arent using an hybrid inverter

During the day, it powers our freezer and other appliances which is cool.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:54pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

I'm actually very curious about this. What happens if your PV power supply exceeds the CC/Hybrid maximum pv power rating? On a hybrid inverter, for example?

Let's say you have a 3KVA hybrid capped at 1440w (60A*24v). Do you also need to to limit your PV output to that?

Cc: isangjohnson
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 5:58pm On Apr 12
HeavenlyBang:

I'm actually very curious about this. What happens if your PV power supply exceeds the CC/Hybrid power maximum pv power rating? On a hybrid inverter, for example?

Let's say you have a 3KVA hybrid capped at 1440w (60A*24v). Do you also need to to limit your PV output to that?

Cc: isangjohnson
The danger is when the panel arrangement exceeds the VOC of the CC/inverter. Some ppl say u can still go above the max panels seeing as there are many over rated panels but never exceed the VOC of ur CC/inverter.
Dunno a 3kva thats capped at 1440w. Even my 2kva12v hybrid can still take up to 2000watts of panels wit a max VOC of 400
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 5:59pm On Apr 12
gifted65:

During the day, it powers our freezer and other appliances which is cool.
Okay then
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:06pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

The danger is when the panel arrangement exceeds the VOC of the CC/inverter. Some ppl say u can still go above the max panels seeing as there are many over rated panels but never exceed the VOC of ur CC/inverter.
Dunno a 3kva thats capped at 1440w. Even my 2kva12v hybrid can still take up to 2000watts of panels wit a max VOC of 400

VOC isn't much of an issue, as you can get past that with smart wiring.

SRNE's 3KVA hybrid for example, is capped at 1440W.

The popular Powmr 60A MPPT CC is capped at 1400W, even. How do people go about it?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by officialfestus(m): 6:32pm On Apr 12
Is it necessary to ground a solar panel? Or I should just install directly to my charge controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 6:37pm On Apr 12
HeavenlyBang:

VDC isn't much of an issue, as you can get past that with smart wiring.

The popular Powmr 60A MPPT CC is capped at 1400W, even. How do people go about it?
Lolz, how's VOC not an issue?
Dunno abt the srne so can't argue with you. Its fellow 3kva competitors like felicity, powmr and even sms can take way above 1440watts of panels connected
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:44pm On Apr 12
Last time, we deliberated on Catl cells and the results were very impressive.
For three days now, I've been experimenting the bulk/absorption charging voltage pattern of Rept cells.....
I'm currently carrying out the capacity test on them........

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 6:48pm On Apr 12
odimbannamdi:

The inverter should be able to carry this deep freezer. I power my 80w Haier Thermocool deep freezer with just the 1600w and it works. Give it a try. To increase the chances of it working, try these out though:

- Put on the inverter when the battery is well charged (at least 12.6v for a 12v system). If you are on solar, you should be hitting this by even 10am

- Put off ALL the appliances in the house and put on the deep freezer first. This will give the inverter enough headroom to accommodate the surge of the deep freezer

- As a last resort if you try the two points above and the inverter still trips on overload when you put on the freezer, leave it (the deep freezer) on, then switch off the inverter and put it back on so that the freezer will come on along with it.

If all three methods don't work, then upgrade the inverter

It’s an inverter freezer which means it has no surge…I tried plugging it to a 2kva generator and the generator doesn’t change sound in anyway.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:56pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

Lolz, how's VOC not an issue?
Dunno abt the srne so can't argue with you. Its fellow 3kva competitors like felicity, powmr and even sms can take way above 1440watts of panels connected

Can connect in series+parallel to meet both voltage and current specifications with minimal power loss.

Yeah, generally 3kva hybrids do better than 1440w, because they're equipped with 80A+ MPPTs. I'm more interested in the niche cases like the SRNE or people who use standalone inverters plus 60A MPPT CCs (Powmr's is capped at 1400W, Felicity's capped at 1650 W).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:13pm On Apr 12
HeavenlyBang:

Can connect in series+parallel to meet both voltage and current specifications with minimal power loss.

Yeah, generally 3kva hybrids do better than 1440w, because they're equipped with 80A+ MPPTs. I'm more interested in the niche cases like the SRNE or people who use standalone inverters plus 60A MPPT CCs (Powmr's is capped at 1400W, Felicity's capped at 1650 W).
We still saying the same thing. Whether u connect in series+parallel, the goal is not to exceed the device VOC or u wud be looking for trouble. Some ppl here oversize their panels with their CCs but keep a keen eye on the VOC to avoid stories that touch

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 7:49pm On Apr 12
isangjohnson:

I see no reason the inverter will not power the 140w freezer and I think a member here power his with this same inverter.
I sold 1.2kw 12v inverter to a customer and it powered his 140w freezer without any stress.

Where do you base?
Asking because I wanted to know if it’s close to Ekiti as Ineed some things there tomorrow and I don’t want to pay too much for waybill
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:00pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

24v100ah abi 12v100ah?

It can't be 12v 100Ah, as 12v 100Ah is even less than 350k if you check Valto's post.

He stated 24v 100Ah.

Am sure it might even be 300k/320k by then as dollar is crashing massively.

Although no one is happy to see someone losing, but those who stocked dollars are regretting big time.

Current rate is 1000 - 1130 per dollar depending on your source.

It's expected to be around 585 - 790 by then.

NB: Pls don't ask how I got to know about it!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 8:19pm On Apr 12
Valto:
cheapest tubular is about 340k, highest about 450k
my professionally coupled 12v 105ah 1,344kwh lithium battery with 100A Bluetooth bms is 350k to 400k, with over 10 to 12yrs lifespan. cheesy
@techgeek777. That's why i had to ask if it wasnt an error by isangjohnson
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

We still saying the same thing. Whether u connect in series+parallel, the goal is not to exceed the device VOC or u wud be looking for trouble. Some ppl here oversize their panels with their CCs but keep a keen eye on the VOC to avoid stories that touch

Fair enough.

I've checked a bunch of forums online and the consensus is to keep your VOC within spec and the inverter/CC will just draw the current it needs to reach the maximum PV input wattage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:34pm On Apr 12
RickyM:

Where do you base?
Asking because I wanted to know if it’s close to Ekiti as Ineed some things there tomorrow and I don’t want to pay too much for waybill
I based in Uyo Boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:41pm On Apr 12
Drgreatone:

@techgeek777. That's why i had to ask if it wasnt an error by isangjohnson

Dollar was around 1608 when he posted that figure.

Compared to current rate, you would know why @isangjohnson posted that price point
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 8:55pm On Apr 12
TechGeek777:

Dollar was around 1608 when he posted that figure.

Compared to current rate, you would know why @isangjohnson posted that price point
Okay then, keeping my fingers crossed for his next price list.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 9:03pm On Apr 12
HeavenlyBang:

So you can over panel your system but ensure your connection does not exceed the specified VOC and Rated Amp for the charge controller. I have a 3600w pannel connection on a 60A, 145v Charge controller and my system is a 24v. what i simply did was to respect the charge controller specification and i have been running it for a year now without issues. The only thing is that the charge controller will limit the wattage been generated to the CC specified cap wattage and waste the others inform of heat.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:24pm On Apr 12
obitobe:

So you can over panel your system but ensure your connection does not exceed the specified VOC and Rated Amp for the charge controller. I have a 3600w pannel connection on a 60A, 145v Charge controller and my system is a 24v. what i simply did was to respect the charge controller specification and i have been running it for a year now without issues. The only thing is that the charge controller will limit the wattage been generated to the CC specified cap wattage and waste the others inform of heat.

Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:27pm On Apr 12
easyyoke:

It works much better than a conventional fridge. Rather than the compressor switching off and jumping back on(surge) every cycle, inverter freezers and fridge just keeps adjusting how the compressor works inline with your thermostat. I have both an inverter Freezer/Fridge combo from LG and a Theremocool Freezer only variant and I can say these are one of the best things I put my money on. My LG consumes just 720wh in 24hours. That is like 30w. I have not seen anything that efficient in my life😂😂 I dont even bother switching it off atall again . If you have not moved, move to LG immediately. Dont go above 350L though. 350L downwards(uses 30w - 75w). Unfortunately, the price has really surged up maybe because demand is now much. I bought 320L from Fouani for 352K December 2022, It is now close to 700K

Wow! This is a pretty impressive feedback! I am completely sold. Can you share a pic of the one you have ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12
HeavenlyBang:

Even though Powmr capped its 24v watt limit at 1440w, I think it does more than that. Someone here once shared a reading of 1602w. The max rating for 12v is 720w, but I used to do up 800w when I was on 12v. So, I think there is still some tolerance above that max threshold

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zenith4biz(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12
12v 2000w pure sine wave inverter for sale, barely used. Strong build quality and one of the most expensive satchet inverter on AliExpress
Money back guarantee
Reason for sale
Just upgraded to 24v set-up

Price #60,000 non-negotiable

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12
TechGeek777:

It can't be 12v 100Ah, as 12v 100Ah is even less than 350k if you check Valto's post.

He stated 24v 100Ah.

Am sure it might even be 300k/320k by then as dollar is crashing massively.

Although no one is happy to see someone losing, but those who stocked dollars are regretting big time.

Current rate is 1000 - 1130 per dollar depending on your source.

It's expected to be around 585 - 790 by then.

NB: Pls don't ask how I got to know about it!

You are definitely privy to information that we don't have access to... grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 3:46am On Apr 13
HeavenlyBang:

Fair enough.

I've checked a bunch of forums online and the consensus is to keep your VOC within spec and the inverter/CC will just draw the current it needs to reach the maximum PV input wattage.

Thank God you have changed your mind. Voc is followed according to the cc specifications. If by chance you pass this specifications, some low end cc like power mr will give the magic blue smoke.
While some other slightly highhend cc will just show error eg fangpusion, epiever till you correct it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:35am On Apr 13

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.