Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060343 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24
ojesymsym:
Person non fit use python achieve all these things?

You fit try. Let us know if you succeed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 7:51pm On Apr 24
ojesymsym:

Even more. If I have Deye, I wouldn't even use its smartload function. I have much better control with my smart setup. Unlike Deye Smartload, I can shed high load selectively. I can power fridge and freezer without powering any other thing. If I want my freezer to stay on, when freshly filled, I can just set that. I can power pump without turning the heater on.

Smartload is for people who don't know that better options exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 7:55pm On Apr 24
adrusa:

Even more. If I have Deye, I wouldn't even use its smartload function. I have much better control with my smart setup. Unlike Deye Smartload, I can shed high load selectively. I can power fridge and freezer without powering any other thing. If I want my freezer to stay on, when freshly filled, I can just set that. I can power pump without turning the heater on.

Please explain more. How did you achieve it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:01pm On Apr 24
sharks776:

You fit try. Let us know if you succeed.

You are obviously limited by what you are exposed to.

In my house,
The pump fills my tank between 4am and 5am.
My water heater comes on between 5am and 7am. If my battery is fully charged in the afternoon, the heater comes on again between 1pm and 4pm.
My fridge/freezer comes on at 8am and turns off at 5pm.

Everything controlled like clockwork with Home Assistant and Node Red.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24
Any used hybrid inverter someone can buy for 180k
MPPT charge controller

Would really appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 8:08pm On Apr 24
adrusa:

Hmmmmm? Like seriously?
Well what you just talked about has to do with your Raspberry PI Distribution Board or Smart DB or even some bunch of programmable timers in conjunction with your Inverter Dry Contacts, Perhaps you could tell us with visualizations how your Battery SOC between (30%-80%) would be a determinant for the behavior of your smart setup.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 8:09pm On Apr 24
Any reliable used 24v at least 1.5kva hybrid inverter someone can buy for 180k
MPPT charge controller

Would really appreciate any help
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:15pm On Apr 24
jonescosmos:

Hmmmmm? Like seriously?
Well what you just talked about has to do with your Raspberry PI Distribution Board or Smart DB or even some bunch of programmable timers in conjunction with your Dry Contacts, Perhaps you could tell us with visualizations how your Battery SOC between (30%-80%) would be a determinant for the behavior of your smart setup.

It is smart world, anything you can measure can be used as a condition to start or stop something. Let me just share a snippet of my water heater control.

Bonus: You can see that when my water heater is about to come on, my AC (ACSolar) is first switched off.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 8:20pm On Apr 24
jonescosmos:

Hmmmmm? Like seriously?
Well what you just talked about has to do with your Raspberry PI Distribution Board or Smart DB or even some bunch of programmable timers in conjunction with your Inverter Dry Contacts, Perhaps you could tell us with visualizations how your Battery SOC between (30%-80%) would be a determinant for the behavior of your smart setup.

What he talked about is not what Gencos should dabble into. Load shedding is not their concern. shocked

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 8:22pm On Apr 24
adrusa:

It is smart world, anything you can measure can be used as a condition to start or stop something. Let me just share a snippet of my water heater control.

Bonus: You can see that when my water heater is about to come on, my AC (ACSolar) is first switched off.

Nodered?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 8:32pm On Apr 24
HeavenlyBang:

Would you recommend them?
Absolutely
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 8:41pm On Apr 24
mank1234:

Nodered?

Definitely Node-RED

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24
Why stress?
Use NodeRed grin

ojesymsym:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 10:15pm On Apr 24
My client want to sell 2 not 5000es growatt inverter

Bought brand new never used…

He decided to sell cause he want a bigger inverter

It was purchased for 690k each

He want a figure close to this amount

Any taker!?
BNIB never Open

You can WhatsApp me

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 1:30am On Apr 25
Betnomore:
Bro abeg are u sure it is not capped? Airtel don show me wayo in the past with their deceptive advertisement. Abeg can you show me your data usage in a month where u used like 500gb. Cos i dey fear to go buy am now, make story come enter am again. Airtel too dey lie na why i dey skeptical. Me I no mind the speed cos e dey okay for wetin I need.

Check the pix. Got this from the 5g router page

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 5:54am On Apr 25
ojesymsym:
Both of you are saying the different things on same topic, so which is the correct one in terms of being more lethal? High voltage/low current or High current/ low voltage?

I thought my take was self-explanatory. Medical experts say as little as 0.007A for three seconds is enough to end you. So it's the amps that kill. It's the same "amps" travelling through an undersized wire that would start a fire. But then the amps require enough force to push them through. That's why your typical lead-acid battery of 200A doesn't do sh!t to you when you touch both terminals with your bare hand. It's just 12V DC. Be careful though on your quest for "a more lethal way to go"; and don't go touching naked terminals unless you feel like donating your cadaver for the advancements of human science.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:42am On Apr 25
QuoteJust1nce:

I thought my take was self-explanatory. Medical experts say as little as 0.007A for three seconds is enough to end you. So it's the amps that kill. It's the same "amps" travelling through an undersized wire that would start a fire. But then the amps require enough force to push them through. That's why your typical lead-acid battery of 200A doesn't do sh!t to you when you touch both terminals with your bare hand. It's just 12V DC. Be careful though on your quest for "a more lethal way to go"; and don't go touching naked terminals unless you feel like donating your cadaver for the advancements of human science.

Electrical engineer here, it's not exactly "the amps that kill".

That's a surface-level take on the matter. There are plenty of factors that determine lethality, not purely current.

Styropyro has a good video on the subject titled "Is it the volts or amps that kill?"

At the end of the day, just stay away from live conductors.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Betnomore: 6:52am On Apr 25
Thanks. I'll try to get it soon

Peterlove11:

Check the pix. Got this from the 5g router page
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 7:04am On Apr 25
HeavenlyBang:

Electrical engineer here, it's not exactly "the amps that kill".

That's a surface-level take on the matter. There are plenty of factors that determine lethality, not purely current.

Styropyro has a good video on the subject titled "Is it the volts or amps that kill?"

At the end of the day, just stay away from live conductors.

Thats going sub-kernel. I also gave example of 200A that doesn't do sh!t when touched. So i know what you mean.
Amps, voltage, resistance etc all play a part. But for now let's leave it at amps.
That's why we would majorly watch out for amps and rarely internal resistance of the wire or the body itself coming in contact, etc; at least for non-industrial installs
Drops mic!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:35am On Apr 25
QuoteJust1nce:

Thats going sub-kernel. I also gave example of 200A that doesn't do sh!t when touched. So i know what you mean.
Amps, voltage, resistance etc all play a part. But for now let's leave it at amps.
That's why we would majorly watch out for amps and rarely internal resistance of the wire or the body itself coming in contact, etc; at least for non-industrial installs
Drops mic!

Fair enough.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:10am On Apr 25
QuoteJust1nce:

Drops mic!

To further add to your point
For humans death occurs due to blood coagulation ( electrolysis) in case of DC. Where as in case of AC,Pulse rate changes when Heart tries to pump with the frequency of AC and causes heart failure.

Both cases will lead to dehydration followed by burning....

Na the small things I learn from one Indian man be this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 9:52am On Apr 25
luvlyoracle:
Any reliable used 24v at least 1.5kva hybrid inverter someone can buy for 180k
MPPT charge controller

Would really appreciate any help
Add 40k let me give you this brand New machine. 40A MPPT with editable settings.
Last unit

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 10:07am On Apr 25
Nice one.
Do you control these devices at the DB or you use smart sockets compatible with Home Assistant to achieve all of these? If you are able to control at device level then you have to be able to communicate with the controls of those devices, right?
adrusa:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 10:09am On Apr 25
A quick one.
Please is this an inverter AC? What brand, model and what's the power consumption like when the compressor first kicks in and after the room has reached the set temperature?

Thanks.
adrusa:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by routerman2: 11:15am On Apr 25
fashrola:

Jumia is selling it for 440k

I bought a brand new unregistered unit on this forum for 425k last week

The Seller done change price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 11:54am On Apr 25
futurenix:

Add 40k let me give you this brand New machine. 40A MPPT with editable settings.
Last unit

I no get am oo I no go lie but call me or drop ur number
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 12:43pm On Apr 25
routerman2:

The Seller done change price
dem go say na dollar now

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:33pm On Apr 25
swagifted:
dem go say na dollar now

Previous policy drafted to reduce exchanged rate has gone south by the cabals, forget what you see on TV, this country na God go fit save us.

There's underground plan for it to hit 1800/$

If the OGAs at the top want it to be 400/$ it's 100% possible, but you can't close a system you are benefiting from.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:02pm On Apr 25
What's the power consumption of this Air con unit.
Also who has worked with this mppt controller before

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25
TechGeek777:

Previous policy drafted to reduce exchanged rate has gone south by the cabals, forget what you see on TV, this country na God go fit save us.

If the OGAs at the top want it to be 400/$ it's 100% possible, but you can't close a system you are benefiting from.
omo if our export no overshadow our imports nothing wey fit happen o.... And if the general public no MASSIVELY consume goods and services that are made in Nigeria nothing better go still come out... The story long but that's for another day. DSTV don increase money still no Nigerian competitor.. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25
Please where can I get a vertical wind turbine to improve my yield as the raining season approaches.

Does Anybody here has experience using wind turbine?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:34pm On Apr 25
TechGeek777:

Beer parlor talk tbh.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: zeestone99(m), Parser, Valto(m), tivta(m), jameslojohn(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.