Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2066294 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
DMerciful:
If u've d funds...go for iron edison, LiFeO4, deka, quanta, UK zenith,Fullriver,sulkam in this order

Please what of Gaston and Gacia batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2017
Gaston is gel. I don't like gel...they are too sensitive and prone to failure if abused or if charging system is not right!
Ferdiwar:

Please what of Gaston and Gacia batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 8:17pm On Apr 08, 2017
DMerciful:
Gaston is gel. I don't like gel...they are too sensitive and prone to failure if abused or if charging system is not right!

Thanks Boss much respect cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by davodyguy: 12:00am On Apr 09, 2017
DMerciful:
If u've d funds...go for iron edison, LiFeO4, deka, quanta, UK zenith,Fullriver,sulkam in this order
Thanks man. I almost made a terrible mistake today as I do with water dispenser, couple of weeks ago.

Some of our IBO brothers should thread softly in their quest to make money. I saw this C & D technologies battery from this guy online. I called him and he said I should buy, it is from America, that being slim, it is better than the fat China batteries. America is so good bla bla bla. Name of battery is true front access. I started wondering since late last night, when he told me to pay 100k each. I did more research and found the main dealership in Nigeria, who helped me to detect it.

I would have been crying by now, but thank God for the guy.

Please let's buy things from right dealers and not from these Alaba boys.

Cheating is not creativity, it is wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by davodyguy: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2017
See more

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nisol: 3:45am On Apr 09, 2017
GeorgeD1:
the battery capacity tester can get very hot

-notice the bright glow of the prongs inside the
caged housing

Those are called "dummy loads" they are used to discharge your batteries while the tester
works out the discharge rate.... Higher end testers try to test battery capacity without discharging it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harveyspec: 4:51am On Apr 09, 2017
davodyguy:

Thanks man. I almost made a terrible mistake today as I do with water dispenser, couple of weeks ago.

Some of our IBO brothers should thread softly in their quest to make money. I saw this C&grin technologies battery from this guy online. I called him and he said I should buy, it is from America, that being slim, it is better than the fat China batteries. America is so good bla bla bla. Name of battery is true front access. I started wondering since late last night, when he told me to pay 100k each. I did more research and found the main dealership in Nigeria, who helped me to detect it.

I would have been crying by now, but thank God for the guy.

Please let's buy things from right dealers and not from these Alaba boys.

Cheating is not creativity, it is wickedness

Pls who is the main dealership? care to share their contact ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 8:17am On Apr 09, 2017
How is it possible to test a battery capacity without discharging it and noting d rate of voltage drop?
nisol:

Those are called "dummy loads" they are used to discharge your batteries while the tester
works out the discharge rate.... Higher end testers try to test battery capacity without discharging it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2017
tivta:

You really need to educate him and get yourself a huge commission, If I had his contact info I would convince him no matter how old school he might be.

yh....its complicated tho.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
nisol:

nisol,
thanks for the insight. however, the point is that the discharge or whatever it is called
didn't seem to have any significant impact on battery cell condition. and for a battery
pushing juice almost 24hrs a day and seven days a week for over 4yrs and counting,
that is quite a remarkable feat.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nisol: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
GeorgeD1:

nisol,
thanks for the insight. however, the point is that the discharge or whatever it is called
didn't seem to have any significant impact on battery cell condition. and for a battery
pushing juice almost 24hrs a day and seven days a week for over 4yrs and counting,

Alright... meanwhile are you favourably disposed to posting current pictures of
your current Solar setup.. E go give those of us wey recession dey touch small hope
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
nisol:

Alright... meanwhile are you favourably disposed to posting current pictures of
your current Solar setup.. E go give those of us wey recession dey touch small hope

nisol,
my solar set up is currently undergoing a major upgrade.
i've opened up discussion with seasoned dealers in the house and
will soon close a deal with one of them. i'll let the house know as
soon as things firm up.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harveyspec: 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
GeorgeD1:

nisol, my solar set up is currently undergoing a major upgrade. i've opened up discussion with seasoned dealers in the house and will soon close a deal with one of them. i'll let the house know as soon as things firm up.
do u plan selling off any of the old components
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
harveyspec:

harveyspec,
yeah. as a matter of fact, i might offload some of my fairly-used modules
at mouth-watering prices
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obimind1: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
GeorgeD1:

harveyspec,
at mouth-watering prices
That will be very kind of u.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xij38580: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Around June last year, i tried getting my renewable system up and running but with the crazy exchange rate I had to abandon it. I have the following items for sale that I've not been able to use

1)iCell 12V 1.5KVA Inverter (80k)
2)Two 200W CSUN solar panels(60k)
3)Circuit breaker (4k each)
4)Epever MPPT solar charge controller (35k)
5)Kilowatt-Hour Energy Meter (5k)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
Oga GeorgeD1 is about to give his boys some take home assignment.
oya kwantinue sir.
We're ever ready to learn.
RE RULES.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
With your solar setup and considering night time loads are usually small I'd day those batteries are not under stress hence their longevity. Kudos to the solar setup more. And that's one of the reason I encourage people to add solar not matter how small, ensures battery life longevity and prevents sulphation.
GeorgeD1:

nisol,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by therealMcCain: 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
xij38580:
Around June last year, i tried getting my renewable system up and running but with the crazy exchange rate I had to abandon it. I have the following items that I've not been able to use

1)iCell 12V 1.5KVA Inverter
2)Two 200W CSUN solar panels
3)Circuit breaker
4)Epever MPPT solar charge controller
5)Kilowatt-Hour Energy Meter

So what do you plan to do next? Sell them off or wait for dollar crash
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by therealMcCain: 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
GeorgeD1:

harveyspec,
at mouth-watering prices

Pls i'm interested, kindly let me know when the time comes

Gracias
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xij38580: 6:11am On Apr 10, 2017
harveyspec:

Thanks I've corrected my post. They are for sale . thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by therealMcCain: 6:53am On Apr 10, 2017
xij38580:
Around June last year, i tried getting my renewable system up and running but with the crazy exchange rate I had to abandon it. I have the following items for sale that I've not been able to use

What's ur contact info pls
Pls send me a mail
webworkcreation@gmail.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2017
HURRY ! HIGH QUALITY SOLAR PANELS !!!

Yachi / YahSun Solar P-POLY,M-MONO
80w-P-25k
100w-P-30k
140w-M-42k
150w-P-43k
150w-M-45k
200w-M-60K
260w-M-75k
310w-M-85k
Stocks fast running low,call & place your order today
WhatsApp: O8I35O3I95I
SMARTCELL GLOBAL SERVICES
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2017
Must power starlight pure sinewave LCD display inverters now in stock !
1000w 12v 85,000
3000w 24v 230,000
4000w 24/48v 320,000
5000w 24/48v 350,000
6000w 24/48 370,000
10000w 48v 980,000

Fangpuson 80a mppt 190,000

Hurry while stock lasts : O8I35O3I95I
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bzm7: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
GeorgeD1:

earthrealm,

generally speaking, the higher the wattage, the better for solar panels.
saipro and dmerciful are both on point. rajo4real too.
my next set of panels will definitely be higher than 200w. wink

@georgeD1 are you in PH, will need advice and installation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
bzm7:

@georgeD1 are you in PH, will need advice and installation.

no, i'm not in ph
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
Please share your contact details
xij38580:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xij38580: 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
dejidotun2000:
Please share your contact details

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
bigrovar:

This set a gold standard for setting up a smart and energy sustainable home. Massive congratulations and thanks for sharing.

I never knew Amazon echo would work in Nigeria (does it have to be always internet connected ) also how did you setup your 10terabyte hard drive array? Are you use a turnkey device or built one? I hope to setup a media server with 10 tera but my aim is to use disk arrays setup to raid 5 for redundancy...That's will eat lots of 2 terabyte disks and would require a server with 10 disk drive bay. Kindly share.
FYI currently use kodi (formerly xbmc ) as media center. It is the project which Plex is based. Running for over 5 years now.

Thanks for the nice words @ Bigrovar, Yes, the echo/echo dot works very well for home automation and other things, however Since the Echo is officially only supported in the US (and lately UK), naturally, it only accepts timezones and locations that are inside the US. If you want to use the device outside the US, you can use it without changing the timezone, but with the caveat that it will tell incorrect time, and your alarms and reminders will not go off on time but there are still some workarounds on the net to put in your own time zone. Yes, you need an always on Internet to get the best out of it...

My Media server is a Late 2012 MacMini ( late 2012 cuz its the last mini you can easily upgrade the ram, came with 4gb, i upgraded it to 16Gb) with 2X 5TB WD external USB3 HDD plugged into the usb ports, then running the server/client ends of plex off the machine. I had initally planned to go the NAS route but some factors made me think twice, for one, I would still need to point the NAS to a system that will be able to handle multiple, on the fly trans-coding as most midrange NAS cant do that on their own. 2, Power comsumption, My Mini takes 8W idle, 24-28W heavy load and about 2W when sleeping, this isnt too bad compared to a NAS power consumption to power all those drives! 3. the cost of buying up plenty HDD's for a NAS! The only thing I miss is the redundancy you will hv in your Raid 5, but i have used those my WD drives going to 3 years now no issues plus i have a couple of friends that i have cloned my drive's content for, so na dem be my redundancy grin

Kodi is an awesome media player, however, I prefer PLEX for the beautiful layout/organization. I use Kodi only for Live streaming using some awesome add-ons.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hmmmm...i yam not understanding grin grin grin
Chuckdee:

Thanks for the nice words @ Bigrovar, Yes, the echo/echo dot works very well for home automation and other things, however Since the Echo is officially only supported in the US (and lately UK), naturally, it only accepts timezones and locations that are inside the US. If you want to use the device outside the US, you can use it without changing the timezone, but with the caveat that it will tell incorrect time, and your alarms and reminders will not go off on time but there are still some workarounds on the net to put in your own time zone. Yes, you need an always on Internet to get the best out of it...

My Media server is a Late 2012 MacMini ( late 2012 cuz its the last mini you can easily upgrade the ram, came with 4gb, i upgraded it to 16Gb) with 2X 5TB WD external USB3 HDD plugged into the usb ports, then running the server/client ends of plex off the machine. I had initally planned to go the NAS route but some factors made me think twice, for one, I would still need to point the NAS to a system that will be able to handle multiple, on the fly trans-coding as most midrange NAS cant do that on their own. 2, Power comsumption, My Mini takes 8W idle, 24-28W heavy load and about 2W when sleeping, this isnt too bad compared to a NAS power consumption to power all those drives! 3. the cost of buying up plenty HDD's for a NAS! The only thing I miss is the redundancy you will hv in your Raid 5, but i have used those my WD drives going to 3 years now no issues plus i have a couple of friends that i have cloned my drive's content for, so na dem be my redundancy grin

Kodi is an awesome media player, however, I prefer PLEX for the beautiful layout/organization. I use Kodi only for Live streaming using some awesome add-ons.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:16am On Apr 11, 2017
Been away for a while, im happy these thread keeps on giving me beautiful contents. Chuckdee ur setup is such a badass especially with the plex and kodi stuff u and bigrover (anoda chairman) integrated, oga George ( founding father, father of all nations) keep on updating us on ur installation, many r waiting to learn a few tins from u sir, my fellow installers I greet u all. Peace

I have fairly use 250watt panel for sale ...limited quantity available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 6:08am On Apr 11, 2017
Chuckdee:

Good day @Chuckdee,please if you don't mind,would like to have some of your currently working addons for Kodi.Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: adibo(m), Joxiba22, kristien4(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.