Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2057281 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 4:19am On Aug 30, 2017
Barezzi:

Nice one! I see you've redone the site and the prices have come down to what the righteous can afford.
Can you further review it downwards for the "elect"?

I am in the market for a midnite classic, i want to share in GeorgeD1's testimony grin

Thanks Barezzi
You can reach me on 0803 260 2629 for special discount on MidNite Classic 150
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 4:23am On Aug 30, 2017
pranil:

WOW Lion from Simplify in Nigeria - I could not believe my eyes - Now we wait for the price to DROP.

I noticed it is the only preorder. How much time to get door delivery in Abuja after ordering

Also, something wrong in website coding the next page / Navigation button when clicked leads to original coding page not the rendered page

Now we want to see more brands, please

wbr

Anil

Thank you Anil
Im working on a special price for you.
Will respond to your email soon.
Lead time to Nigeria is about 2 months
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 5:59am On Aug 30, 2017
JUO:
I am humbled. Thanks
please assist me with your WhatsApp number.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2017
Anybody with Microfarad ? (450v @ 3600- 5200uf)

Price & gsm

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
SolnergyPower:

Sunshine Solar Panels For Sale (Wholesale Price)

Sunshine Solar Panels

Mono Price List

300w mono: ₦65,000
250w mono: ₦55:000
200w mono: ₦43,000
150w mono: ₦37,000
130w mono: ₦34,000
120w mono: ₦28,000
100w mono: ₦25,000
80w mono: ₦20,000

Poly Prices List

300w poly: ₦60,000
250w poly: ₦52:000
200w poly: ₦40,000
150w poly: ₦32,000
130w poly: ₦31,000
100w poly: ₦22,000
80w poly: ₦19,500

Call/WhatsApp: 0803-334-3911. Calls: 0803-860-4143, 0705-315-7206.
eMail: Solar@SolnergyPower.com
Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/SolnergyPower/

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thank you for your prompt supplies over the weekend.

It seems You have really improved your poly panels. Their production/performance @ 3x2 out shines my previous mono of 3x2.

Am really impressed and thoroughly satisfied with your after sales services too.

I will not underrate poly panels again.
Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 10:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
efuro:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thank you for your prompt supplies over the weekend.

It seems You have really improved your poly panels. Their production/performance @ 3x2 out shines my previous mono of 3x2.

Am really impressed and thoroughly satisfied with your after sales services too.

I will not underrate poly panels again.
Thank you.
Let me use this avenue to add my experience to d point that poly panel a not to be underated,my newly acquired 300w *2poly panel from kiekie gave me 569w on one particular day even with d sun yet to fully dey ground.my generatn has improved even with cloudy weather

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
TSHIRT2:

Let me use this avenue to add my experience to d point that poly panel a not to be underated,my newly acquired 300w *2poly panel from kiekie gave me 569w on one particular day even with d sun yet to fully dey ground.my generatn has improved even with cloudy weather

With the current technology used in panel production, There is no difference.. poly tend to perform better nowadays..

The only advantage mono has is the wattage per surface area..
But it's an advantage on poly more surface area seems to be more wattage..

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 7:33am On Aug 31, 2017
Dam5reey:

With the current technology used in panel production, There is no difference.. poly tend to perform better nowadays.. The only advantage mono has is the wattage per surface area.. But it's an advantage on poly more surface area seems to be more wattage..

Great to know that Poly Panels are equally good now.

So what about the size of poly panels as compared to mono panels?

if it is still slightly bigger, what matters is where you intend to install it. If you have more space, no issue but with limited space comes the "challenge".

But am sure the technology will surely merge one day, improve on current production and get smaller..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 8:18am On Aug 31, 2017
There is currently a very thin gap between the Poly and Mono PV panels nowadays, gone are the days when the mono used to be the king, with more research and improvement in production process of the Poly Panels, the gap between the two - efficiency of conversion which boils down to the area required to generate the same energy (e.g. 300W) has been closed up and very soon, Poly will become the king when the gap is fully closed and the wining advantage for the Poly will be the cheaper production cost compared to Mono.

For an example, lets me use the SUNTECH PV Panels to show you what I am talking about, Mono-crystalline 325W and Poly-crystalline 345W, these two panels has same dimension, the same wattage, their difference currently is just that the efficiency of conversion of Mono-crystalline is 17.7% while the poly-crystalline is 16.7% and if you do the calculation just 1% efficient than the Poly-crystalline, apart from the efficiency everything is same. Please see the links (copy it as a whole into your browser)

http://shangde.fanyacdn.com/imglibs/files/iec_stp325_vfw(mc4_325_320_315).pdf
http://shangde.fanyacdn.com/imglibs/files/stp345s_vfw(mc4_345_340_335).pdf

Currently, I use SUNTECH Poly-crystalline PV Panel and the performance has been extremely satisfactory, my advice though is know what you are buying, in Nigeria most vendor over rate the panel they are selling for you, 250W are re-branded as 300W and so on, so be careful, but there is little or no difference in Mono and Poly PV Panels performance.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2017
PROMO !!!

Yachi 310w mono 65000
MNSPD AC/DC 49000

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 10:05am On Aug 31, 2017
bodeface:
There is currently a very thin gap between the Poly and Mono PV panels nowadays, gone are the days when the mono used to be the king, with more research and improvement in production process of the Poly Panels, the gap between the two - efficiency of conversion which boils down to the area required to generate the same energy (e.g. 300W) has been closed up and very soon, Poly will become the king when the gap is fully closed and the wining advantage for the Poly will be the cheaper production cost compared to Mono.
For an example, lets me use the SUNTECH PV Panels to show you what I am talking about, Mono-crystalline 325W and Poly-crystalline 345W, these two panels has same dimension, the same wattage, their difference currently is just that the efficiency of conversion of Mono-crystalline is 17.7% while the poly-crystalline is 16.7% and if you do the calculation just 1% efficient than the Poly-crystalline, apart from the efficiency everything is same. Please see the links (copy it as a whole into your browser)
Currently, I use SUNTECH Poly-crystalline PV Panel and the performance has been extremely satisfactory, my advice though is know what you are buying, in Nigeria most vendor over rate the panel they are selling for you, 250W are re-branded as 300W and so on, so be careful, but there is little or no difference in Mono and Poly PV Panels performance.

Wow !! Just confirmed it. And the dimensions, completely the same Ahhggghhh! That nailed it. The price will soon be the determining factor in choosing a PV and Poly panels will surely carry the day. But am sure the Mono Panels researchers will not just fold their arms. Well, whatever the case, it is the consumers (us) that will benefit at the end of the day. Renewable Energy is the way to go...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcci: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2017
bodeface:

@bodeface

Please where did you buy your genuine Suntech panels and how long have you been using it?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
@Mcci

Holla me for the SUNTECH Poly PV @ a very good price

mcci:

@bodeface

Please where did you buy your genuine Suntech panels and how long have you been using it?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2017
Just arrived Felicity Solar products.

DC freezer 200liters dc12v/ac 220v - 200k
Dc refrigerator 182liters(136litres fridge,46 litre freezer) - out of stock
3.5kva inverter 24v( 35amps charging current) - 160k
5kva inverter 48v ( 30amps charging current) - 185k
7.5kva 48v (40amps charging current) - 340k
10kva 48v- 380k

1year warranty for Fridge nd freezer, 2 years warranty for inverters.
service center available here in lagos. Hurry now while stock last.

Solar panels
Flames
300w mono - 60k
300w poly - 55k
250w mono - 51k
250w poly - 46k
200watts mono- 45k

Sunshine solar
300watts mono=60k
250watts mono=50k
250watts poly=45k
200watts mono - 45k

Batteries
Sukam FLA battery 200ah - 110k
Luminous FLA battery 200ah - 120k
Genus FLA 200ah - out of stock
Genus sealed lead acid battery 200ah - 115k
Luminous 200ah sealed lead acid - 115k
Quanta amaron 200ah - 130k

Telecom External chargers (50amps - 80amps) available in limited quantity.

Famicare external charger (30amps)also available .

Fast delivery
Call/whatapp 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
Mr JUO man of the year, God bless you brother, keep up the good work.

As for the controller war, are we saying the classic beats the Tristar,cos according to oga George's review Tristar lost the fight. Can we rank controllers according to brand. Of course we ll need more reviews, over to the house pls.

Who ll giv us review on the schineider controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 1:42am On Sep 01, 2017
DUNKA:
please assist me with your WhatsApp number.
thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:55am On Sep 01, 2017
Hello house,

I am looking for inverter brand recommendations based on people's usage experience - something below the price of the premium Magnums & Victrons & Schneiders but a solid performer regardless with professional repairs & maintenance presence in Nigeria.

I currently have two 48v Mustpower type inverters 5kw & 3kw respectively alternating day and night duty via manual switchover but these are crazy power guzzlers with 230w & 130w idle consumption amongst other issues.

I need something that can take a continuous 3kw to 4kw load without shaking and low idle consumption (below 100w) with ability to withstand my solar charge controller's charge/equalization voltage up to 62v.

Suggestions/recommendations & sales pitches are welcome - u can PM me privately if need be...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 6:47am On Sep 01, 2017
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Hello house,

I am looking for inverter brand recommendations based on people's usage experience - something below the price of the premium Magnums & Victrons & Schneiders but a solid performer regardless with professional repairs & maintenance presence in Nigeria.

I currently have two 48v Mustpower type inverters 5kw & 3kw respectively alternating day and night duty via manual switchover but these are crazy power guzzlers with 230w & 130w idle consumption amongst other issues.

I need something that can take a continuous 3kw to 4kw load without shaking and low idle consumption (below 100w) with ability to withstand my solar charge controller's charge/equalization voltage up to 62v.

Suggestions/recommendations & sales pitches are welcome - u can PM me privately if need be...
my unsolicited advise is sell the China invertes and go for the premium brands. Thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2017
@Dunka - This is the very advice I would have given as well were it not for my cash constraint. I also believe there must be a mid-range option that is excellent value for money and definitely someone in the house must be in the know grin

With Victron & Magnum 4-5kw range selling for 800k plus - those are not friendly prices at all after I already invested in ~20kw worth of L16 batteries, 6.3kwpanels & MorningStar CC. I am looking for a value/mid-tier option - to use a car analogy, I want a Toyota Prado SUV which is a solid performer vs. A Mercedes or BMW or RangeRover SUV which are all excellent premium/luxury options.

DUNKA:
my unsolicited
advise is sell the China invertes and go for the premium brands. Thank me later grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 7:59am On Sep 01, 2017
NiyiOmoIyunade:
@Dunka - This is the very advice I would have given as well were it not for my cash constraint. I also believe there must be a mid-range option that is excellent value for money and definitely someone in the house must be in the know grin

With Victron & Magnum 4-5kw range selling for 800k plus - those are not friendly prices at all after I already invested in ~20kw worth of L16 batteries, 6.3kwpanels & MorningStar CC. I am looking for a value/mid-tier option - to use a car analogy, I want a Toyota Prado SUV which is a solid performer vs. A Mercedes or BMW or RangeRover SUV which are all excellent premium/luxury options.

Then go for Prag as it had good user feedback. Search for Richmond previous post on this inverter. Good value for money. May God open more doors for you cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 11:38am On Sep 01, 2017
zeestone99:
Mr JUO man of the year, God bless you brother, keep up the good work.

As for the controller war, are we saying the classic beats the Tristar,cos according to oga George's review Tristar lost the fight. Can we rank controllers according to brand. Of course we ll need more reviews, over to the house pls.

Who ll give us review on the schineider controller.

Pretty good controller. Sturdy. I have one. I will volunteer just three comments:

1. Pretty dependable but somehow tend to give issues shortly after expiration of warranty (typically 5 years). Customer service support is fair.
2. Performance-wise, it's just about another option out there. Nothing really outstanding asides coming in different flavours.
3. Pretty pricey. Not sure the cost justifies the performance. For roughly the same price, I'd rather you go for an Outback or preferably a Midnite. One would need a cost:benefit evaluation.

By and large, if your array is 1kW or less, generic brands are okay (marginal difference in power conversion; longevity is a different matter). If 600W or less, you could save money by getting a PWM controller instead (Midnite brat is quite versatile but has DIP switches - a minus of sorts for me).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2017
DUNKA:
my unsolicited advise is sell the China invertes and go for the premium brands. Thank me later grin

The problem is the cost. Once again, cost:benefit evaluation comes into play. Nothing black or white here. It's true when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. At the same time, one must be shrewd.

I have two flavours of MustPower PowerStar inverters. Both 3kW (24V and 48V). Yes, they both have an idle consumption of about 100W (which curiously reduces as you load them). Both are remarkable performers and have taken everything I've thrown at them. Believe me, I've taken them to the limits and beyond. I did a little splurging on panels and batteries to compensate for the idle consumption difference (and still had money left over, had I gone with the option of a premium inverter). A win-win if you ask me. Sadly, I have no more than 2.5 years worth of experience. As the years tick by, I'll volunteer more info.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2017
DUNKA:
Then go for Prag as it had good user feedback. Search for Richmond previous post on this inverter. Good value for money. May God open more doors for you cheesy

I can second the Prag solution. I have a Prag 5 KW /6.5 KVA running for 4 years now without being switched off except Xmas in office

Handels the LED lights ( 1 .5 KW) laser printers, Photocopiers and one AC without any issue. My earlier SUKAM used to make loud fan noise on the same load and I chose PRAG as the FAN comes on only when boost charging.

The only model I know in market which is rated at 3 times rated surge power

Also, Has a power saving mode so You can throw it in Power saving when not using to allow it to charge batteries when NEPA is available without depleting batteries

But it is also climbed in price now that I checked on Konga 550 K

https:///prag-48v-v-series-pure-sine-wave-inverter-2787585
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
bodeface:

Very true. In fact, those quoted percentages are lab things. Real life application and harvest lowers the difference further as neither is usually maxed during NOC. In my limited experience, there's no real difference (size or otherwise for the same panel ratings). Labels can be misleading though. Bear in mind, some manufacturers actually understate their yield (a weird paradox) in order to oust the competition with "equivalent" products.

And my low-light yield is high is higher for my polys (once again, not to be mistaken for multicrsytalline panels). Undisputably though, mono has a longer lifespan. That has remained a fact. Yield deterioration with aging (let's call it diminishing returns) is also lower for mono.

Result? Poly might start faster and better but mono will on the long run not only catch up (2 - 3 years down the line) but outlive and outshine poly. Literally. Or so my enthusiast friends have proven.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
pranil:

I can second the Prag solution. I have a Prag 5 KW /6.5 KVA running for 4 years now without being switched off except Xmas in office

Handels the LED lights ( 1 .5 KW) laser printers, Photocopiers and one AC without any issue. My earlier SUKAM used to make loud fan noise on the same load and I chose PRAG as the FAN comes on only when boost charging.

Also, Has a power saving mode so You can throw it in Power saving when not using to allow it to charge batteries when NEPA is available without depleting batteries

Same goes for the PowerStar series. Dimensions, capabilities, features, whitesheet et al are so similar, I often wonder if they really aren't different flavours coming out of the same factory in China.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chimaaba22(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
Saipro:

Same goes for the PowerStar series. Dimensions, capabilities, features, whitesheet et al are so similar, I often wonder if they really aren't different flavours coming out of the same factory in China.
They are the same. Also from the same factory/source.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Hello house,

We have a low cost American brand.

Samlex EVO 4024E 4000W 24V N550k and EVO 2224E 2200W 24V N450K
NO LOAD POWER CONSUMPTION Normal Mode: 25W; Power Save Mode: <8W

https://www.solardepotng.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=288_367

Let me know if interested.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
pranil:

this inverter does same https://www.icellpower.com/off-grid-power-inverter but the issues are 1. idle load is very high 60w for 3.5kva/24v, 100w for 5kva/24v. 2. massive charger upto 70a will never work with small generator. price not too bad
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
to say Happy new month and thank you
Flex max 80a fangpusun 150k only one offer
Flex max 60a fangpusun 125k only one offer
50a-12/24v 40k only two offers 50k with remote
30a-12/24v 28k only two offers 38k with remote
epever 30a+MT50 (CN) 40k only one offer
080-987-337-09
First come first served

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
I agree bro - with my MustPower 3kw I can use the microwave (1.5kw) and water dispenser hot water OR iron and dispenser hot water and 1hp AC simultaneously! - been doing so for two years now without issues. With the 5kw used mostly during the daytime I can run 2hp and 1hp AC & Washing Machine & other loads concurrently without issues.

MustPower load carrying capacity is legendary for the price point - where they have failed me is the mains/charging interface - both became very finicky and unstable within one year of use and eventually I had 2 disconnect them both from the mains & go to strictly solar charging with an external telecomms charger as power supplement for cloudy days - a suboptimal workaround as you can imagine - to my chagrin, I changed boards for the 5kw and it still refused to charge with the mains - always sensing high voltage where there was none and tripping off due to 'overload'.

I use a Prag 10kva servostab plus I have two Fluke multimeters amongst other power monitoring tools so I verified there was no high voltage coming through.

Anyways, that's why I am in the market now for a new inverter with the ruggedness of the MustPowers but where the mains charging won't fail - I plan to dispose the 5kw and keep the 3kw as a backup and use only the new inverter for all my needs going forward - it should work perfectly provided the idle consumption is low enough - with this I can equalize my battery bank reliably on a regular basis with PHCN or Gen vs. chasing perfect sunny days to use my solar charge controller for equalization.

Saipro:

The problem is the cost. Once again, cost:benefit evaluation comes into play. Nothing black or white here. It's true when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. At the same time, one must be shrewd.

I have two flavours of MustPower PowerStar inverters. Both 3kW (24V and 48V). Yes, they both have an idle consumption of about 100W (which curiously reduces as you load them). Both are remarkable performers and have taken everything I've thrown at them. Believe me, I've taken them to the limits and beyond. I did a little splurging on panels and batteries to compensate for the idle consumption difference (and still had money left over, had I gone with the option of a premium inverter). A win-win if you ask me. Sadly, I have no more than 2.5 years worth of experience. As the years tick by, I'll volunteer more info.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
@ Dunka,

if his reason for wanting to discard the mustpower inverter is high idle consumption, mind telling us the idle consumption of the premium brands you recommended?

I use mustpower but i also have a small inverter i use for light loads(lights & electronics) that consumes about 10w idle power. I only use the mustpower during the day or when powering refrigerator n microwave/iron cheesy
DUNKA:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.