Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2051422 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Namzy:

How can your inverter accept both? From the pic is either you are using a 12v inverter or a 6v inverter[which i haven't seen]. Let's say you have 4 x 12v 200ah batteries and you are looking for an inverter you can get a 12v 24v or 48v inverter which will influence how you connect said batteries eg a 48v system will need 4x 12v connected in series making a 48v 200ah battery connection the 24v will requires a series parallel connection to achieve 24 v 400ah and so on
Kk, I get your point now but all I was trying to ask was which connection is more powerful to give more watt per hour
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
harizonal123:

Kk, I get your point now but all I was trying to ask was which connection is more power to give more watt per hour
All give same power give or take because like i mentioned earlier the 48v 200ah will give 9600wh ie 48 x 200ah same with the 24v x 400ah which will give same watt hour

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
EnterPRO:

8 batteries? Was thinking 200ah x 2 max.

I have light for 10-12hrs daily and i won't be using all those items at the same time. Just 2 or 3 simultaneously.

What setup do you advise please? For the microwave and freezer especially.

Thanks.

@bolded.. Abeg where u de stay?? I dnt get up to 1hr daily where i stay, landlord no gree person put solar for roof. I wan pack out abeg.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
Dam5reey:

Not worth it
180k for 80AH 12V

Watch that video posted there... I follow dat guy. I think its worth the money if you have it to splash.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
Trippledots:

@bolded.. Abeg where u de stay?? I dnt get up to 1hr daily where i stay, landlord no gree person put solar for roof. I wan pack out abeg.

How about stand alone even if it means you've done car shield for your neighbors as well

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 4:56am On Jul 26, 2019
ojeysky:

How about stand alone even if it means you've done car shield for your neighbors as well

In his words, "no exceptions".....his only terms were that if i put it on the roof then it becomes his property and i can use it as long as i am his tenant. On moving out, i'm leaving it including cables attached to it.

The only space for standalone will have shadow cast on it from midday down. Except i raise the platform as high as the building. Its a one Storey building .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2019
Trippledots:

In his words, "no exceptions".....his only terms were that if i put it on the roof then it becomes his property and i can use it as long as i am his tenant. On moving out, i'm leaving it including cables attached to it.

The only space for standalone will have shadow cast on it from midday down. Except i raise the platform as high as the building. Its a one Storey building .
Lol Oga landlord like awoof

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wirinet(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2019
Trippledots:

In his words, "no exceptions"..... his only terms were that if i put it on the roof then it becomes his property and i can use it as long as i am his tenant. On moving out, i'm leaving it including cables attached to it.

Onyoshi, he wants awoof energy. I am sure he will move in himself after you move or double the rent for the next tenant because as he will put it " I am providing free energy".

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:43am On Jul 26, 2019
Trippledots:

Watch that video posted there... I follow dat guy. I think its worth the money if you have it to splash.

Video, I watched it.

It's not plug and play, you need inverter that has custom settings, if you don't have one, then additional costs..

I will rather buy 2 quanta battery and have 400AH 12V @ 240K

Than that 200AH 12V for 450K... Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2019
Trippledots:

Oops that's not nice of him, what a very difficult conditions to swallow.

Hmm....I don't envy you at all....sowi

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
Dam5reey:

Video, I watched it.

It's not plug and play, you need inverter that has custom settings, if you don't have one, then additional costs..

I will rather buy 2 quanta battery and have 400AH 12V @ 240K

Than that 200AH 12V for 450K... Cheers

My Oga grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
sweet inverter

ojeysky:
Anyone know of any app/software that I can use to get better information from the MPP solar GK series? The watchpower mobile app is quite basic, can't even access historical data/graph through it.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
not a bad price for its worth
one cant compare the price of apples to oranges .. I think
brand new is $795.00

Dam5reey:

Not worth it
180k for 80AH 12V

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
totalgreen01:
sweet inverter

We agree, it's also great value for money! Other than the high series connection requirements, it's the best hybrid at its price range.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
totalgreen01:
not a bad price for its worth
one cant compare the price of apples to oranges .. I think
brand new is $795.00

Please explain.. further..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
kiekie1:

My Oga grin

Boss.. grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
2 main points

1. discharge 100%
2. amount of cycles

Dam5reey:

Please explain.. further..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
chris81964:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux0NkvD0AfQ

Victron is telling you that you should stop buying and using Fangpusun. They will take legal action against those that do. Those of you that sell it they promise to come after you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
chris81964:

Victron is telling you that you should stop buying and using Fangpusun. They will take legal action against those that do. Those of you that sell it they promise to come after you.

HaqHaqHaq they don't know what's going on grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
chris81964:

what stops them from going after fangpusun itself??, directly

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hello folks,

My GK series supports equalisation, I will like to know if this is a good thing to do on my batteries and how often should I do it?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
chris81964:

Hahahahahahah,these guys have forgotten that the strategy Fangpusun is using here to penetrate market here in Africa is the price.They should be willing to slash prices lest........
Like they would say,Na who dem catch be thief oooooo,lol!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
Baba for carry gun go stand for Abuja-Kaduna express....make we fit know him work na.

You need to move out.

Trippledots:

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:58am On Jul 27, 2019
durodee:
Had this Binatone appliance connected to my 1.5HP Polystar AC. The readings have been strange. When plugged on it reads zero watts and as the compressor kicks in, the reading starts from around 600w and then ramps it up to about 900w

I will love to have this type of yours. How can I go about it? Online stores? Walk in malls?

Thanks.

And that polystar 1.5hp AC seems to have a friendly power draw of less than 1kw at full blast. Is it inverter AC?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:12am On Jul 27, 2019
olaolu11:

My landlord is very approachable and only comes once in a while. But the wife is something else. When they come home, hmm. And you know jealous neighbors would definitely download events to him/her. And all hell will break loose.

Women can be very sensitive on issues especially the land ladies. Women they generally are sensitive in everyday life. And while you may be able to easily convince the husband because of less difficulty with guys blending, the wife may have (I'd wager most likely as is common with male-female interaction model) have much influence on the husband.

Bro, as woman matter don enter am so, God is your strength o grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:21am On Jul 27, 2019
olaolu11:

The present set up with 100ah carries me during sun hours but shuts off by about 6:30pm daily at sundown.

The good sun hours usage implies certain things.

You will need put your immediate and short term upgrades/modifications to include getting power efficient devices as replace, and upgrading your battery backup time (in no particular order of course),

The long term upgrade will be installing more solar panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 6:23am On Jul 27, 2019
ceaser:

Women can be very sensitive on issues especially the land ladies. Women they generally are sensitive in everyday life. And while you may be able to easily convince the husband because of less difficulty with guys blending, the wife may have (I'd wager most likely as is common with male-female interaction model) have much influence on the husband.

Bro, as woman matter don enter am so, God is your strength o grin

Wetin tenant go do? Na suya I dey take money chop when I suppose build my house. Now pickin dey school money tough. But I'm making effort to get the 10mm cable and continue. #withstandaloneistand
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:25am On Jul 27, 2019
[quote author=olaolu11 post=80564747][/quote]

Is that armoured cable you talk about the same type that is used to run household power supply from NEPA poles via underground route into houses?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:31am On Jul 27, 2019
durodee:
that is exactly what confused me. I did not buy an inverter ac, i got a regular ac from Jumia months ago and recently got the binatone AVS

Or maybe your newly purchased inverter is a 24/48 versus a previous 12v set up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2019
ceaser:

The good sun hours usage implies certain things.

You will need put your immediate and short term upgrades/modifications to include getting power efficient devices as replace, and upgrading your battery backup time (in no particular order of course),

The long term upgrade will be installing more solar panels.

Once I get the cable, next is one/two more batteries, then getting DC appliances to replace the AC ones and also making small but progressive efforts at my site. Once I do roofing and fix mosquito netting, na move be that. Other things will be as the need arises. Whether I Don complete am or not den no fit call landlord meeting make dem no invite me. More so no light yet for the area so I go be king for there. I go even dey charge phone for 50/phone(just joking).

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 6:38am On Jul 27, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goC1vr3swqE.

Pls house, is this worth it at 34K? If yes, can I remove the panel and replace with 40watts, then increase the bulbs to 7? I want to strictly dedicate it to lighting and phone charging for my mum. The follow come panel is 6 watts but I don't know if it's 12volts. Anyone in the house that can tell the voltage of the panel?

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Valentinooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.