Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059668 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hancock(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
cooldudeng:

What do you harvest daily from your set up?

What's the size of your battery bank?

I average about 3-3.5 hours of sunlight on daily bases
Battery bank is 10.7kwh of Lithium. Usually depleted to about 30% daily before the sun comes up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmaike007(m): 7:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
spartacus11:

Can one use this CC for lithium batteries
yeah
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cooldudeng(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
hancock:

I average about 3-3.5 hours of sunlight on daily bases
Battery bank is 10.7kwh of Lithium. Usually depleted to about 30% daily before the sun comes up

Thanks!

How many watt do you harvest daily from your 4600 PV solar system? I'm trying to set up one at my house and I would like to know what I can harvest from a 8 nos of 300 watt panel (2400). I've done some reading up myself and I've spoken to some installer likewise but I want something more practically as against the usual assuming 5 hours of sunlight, one will get 12kwh BS which will then be reduced by efficiency and other losses

I plan to use 4 nos of 200ah battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
cooldudeng:

Thanks!

How many watt do you harvest daily from your 4600 PV solar system? I'm trying to set up one at my house and I would like to know what I can harvest from a 8 nos of 300 watt panel (2400). I've done some reading up myself and I've spoken to some installer likewise but I want something more practically as against the usual assuming 5 hours of sunlight, one will get 12kwh BS which will then be reduced by efficiency and other losses

I have 2.25kw and harvest between 6 and 10kw daily it all depends on how friendly the weather is.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
cooldudeng:

Thanks!

Go Lifepo4 instead of lead Acid
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cooldudeng(m): 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2020
spartacus11:

Go Lifepo4 instead of lead Acid

I just spent the last couple of hours reading more on it! Would definitely settle for the Lifepo4. My last lead acid batteries didn't even do 2 years on both occasion. Although I wasn't on solar then.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cooldudeng(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
ojeysky:

I have 2.25kw and harvest between 6 and 10kw daily it all depends on how friendly the weather is.

Thanks! Just the real life experience that I needed. So, I can plan my setup requirement accordingly
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:19am On Mar 25, 2020
zeanslim:

I used a 60amp bms from AliExpress, but I jump the BMS to start the motors, I don't trust does chinko stuff and I haven't tested using via the BMS,

..I think it's safer tho ..cause I just need to plug the battery for few seconds before disconnect

Okay.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:23am On Mar 25, 2020
mctfopt:

There are cheap 10-cell 18650 powerbank case from AE why not buy one and get the expansion and higher capacity that you need?

That's a mobile phone power bank for 5v output in that link and the batteries are in 1s configuration.

The power bank I speak about is majorly for laptop but can also be used for several other devices. It has output for voltages that range thru 5v, 9v, 12v, 15v, 18v, 20v with a switch to select your required voltage. The cells are in 3s configuration.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:30am On Mar 25, 2020
spartacus11:

Can one use this CC for lithium batteries

Yes, you can. I'm sure of the PowMr.

I'll have to go thru the menu of the makeskyblue to confirm but I'll guess that it can work for lithium too cos they are the same form factor.

The PowMr has a setting for "lithium" in its menu.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:35am On Mar 25, 2020
Dam5reey:

Anker Soundcore Motion+

How much is this and the link on AE pls?

I had an Anker soundcore premium retired cos it didn't give me the high I desire. What I currently use as BT speaker is Bose sound link II

Got both on AE almost two years ago.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2020
ceaser:

I had an Anker soundcore premium retired cos it didn't give me the high I desire. What I currently use as BT speaker is Bose sound link II

Just type 'Anker Soundcore Motion Plus' in the search bar

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aorseer: 7:54am On Mar 25, 2020
eleojo23:
In the spirit of getting energy-efficient appliances, here is a woofer speaker for anyone who is looking for a good sound system with low power consumption and impressive sound.

I was looking for an energy efficient sound system for my DC TV 'cos I can't stand the sound from it, it's plain annoying (no trace of bass at all) grin.
So I looked up AliExpress and was seriously considering the Soundcore Motion+ soundbar but the corona thingy stood in the way. So I decided to search locally and I saw quite a number of DC options that work with 12v battery but most consumed nothing less than 60w.

I decided to give this 40w rechargeable woofer speaker a try and was pleasantly surprised. It has an inbuilt battery that can last for 2.5-3hrs depending on the volume. So I charge with my inverter or PHCN and use it with the TV. It gets fully charged in less than 1hr and lasts for 2.5hrs on battery. Trust me, the treble is good and the bass is heavier than most soundbars (I am a 'sound person' so I know what I am saying cheesy). It has Bluetooth, FM, Aux at the back, USB and SD card slot. There are also treble and bass adjustment knobs.
The size is 21 inches X 7 inches X 5 inches

It's available on Jumia. I believe those of you in Lagos can get it offline for less than the Jumia price.
These Jumia and Alaba sellers better prepare a commission for me for this free advert cheesy
Please what DC TV do you use
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 7:55am On Mar 25, 2020
ojeysky:

A couple of them which are largely report related:

1. It doesn't give you on-screen daily harvest
2. Once load is below 100w it report zero load which does not help accurate logging
3. When charging by AC it does not report the charge rate
4. It does not combine AC and PV charge, it is either of them (read the 4/5kva version does this)
5. Minimum charge rate that can be set is 20A

All the above were features that I enjoyed in MPP. So maybe felicity reporting is similar to others as well.

Thanks for taking your time.
That minimum charge isn't really good for some configuration.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 8:21am On Mar 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:28am On Mar 25, 2020
BetaTechnicians:

Thanks for taking your time.
That minimum charge isn't really good for some configuration.

If you go Lifepo4 as has been adviced, then you won't have to worry about minimum charge wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:49am On Mar 25, 2020
I need help is planning my solar borehole project.
I have decided to simplifly the ops by deciding to buy 2 x 300w panels, solely dedicated for the water pumping.
I will also get a 48v dc pump rated 280w....

I need help in how to incorporate flow control into the setup...so.the pump shuts down when the overhead tank is full..
Am even thinking, putting a timer is now irrelevant as well.
Most float controls am seeing are AC rated.

2ndly if someone can put me through in making my earlier plan work as well (tapping the pump supply from the cc pv input) without jumping through so many hoops, i would also appreciate that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
ojeysky:

If you go Lifepo4 as has been adviced, then you won't have to worry about minimum charge wink

Has anyone tried the FelicitySolar Lithium battery packs? I saw a seller on jiji advertising the 24v 200ah capacity for 350k and it looks quite sturdy...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
saint2ace:

Has anyone tried the FelicitySolar Lithium battery packs? I saw a seller on jiji advertising the 24v 200ah capacity for 350k and it looks quite sturdy...

Someone told me it's 24v 100Ah in reality grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
ojeysky:

China will not kill us grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aorseer: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
eleojo23:

Just type 'Anker Soundcore Motion Plus' in the search bar

Imagine. It's about the same price I got the Bose sound link II.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2020
saint2ace:

China or we ourselves.

What stops the seller from declaring the true capacity to intending buyers to make informed consent?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
saint2ace:

We got what we asked for, all those big names that couple lithium in nice looking containers with bells and whistles mostly get their cells from China as well. Felicity will not say they don't know the true capacity of those batteries.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Hi guys

Please

Can a 2.3 kva inverter carry an inverter AC?

And which brand can you guys recommend for me to buy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
ceaser:

That's a mobile phone power bank for 5v output in that link and the batteries are in 1s configuration.

The power bank I speak about is majorly for laptop but can also be used for several other devices. It has output for voltages that range thru 5v, 9v, 12v, 15v, 18v, 20v with a switch to select your required voltage. The cells are in 3s configuration.

Oh, that's cool. That one is more versatile.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
ojeysky:

If In reality, 24V 100AH is 350k then it's a good buy.. compared to battleborn. And Victron or even DIY
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:39am On Mar 26, 2020
Dam5reey:

If In reality, 24V 100AH is 350k then it's a good buy.. compared to battleborn. And Victron or even DIY
You could get 24v 100ah for less. For around 260k. From that guy that supplied Ojeysky.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:18am On Mar 26, 2020
ceaser:

You could get 24v 100ah for less. For around 260k. From that guy that supplied Ojeysky.

Yeah, but in reality is it 24V, 100AH grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2020
saint2ace:

I need me one of this. It's cheap compared to other lithum products.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 10:07am On Mar 26, 2020
ojeysky:

same with lead carbon I believe.
still observing...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2020
ceaser:

You can buy locally, I know an accredited seller. Though price may differ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: SoftHeart(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.