Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2064304 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (1695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
ceaser:

Indeed, what's your array like, like what's the total installed capacity?

It's in my signature.... It's 2.25kw total
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Christgalaxy(m): 5:35am On Apr 05, 2020
PMPSolutions:
An indoor generator assembled by PMPSolutions which can power fans, LCD/LED televisions, decoders, laptops,led bulbs etc.

No noise, no fumes, no petrol!
what kind of batteries are you using for the generator
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:46am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
ojeysky:

Me I don't send request(make seller no think say I dey beg ham), I just wait till the countdown elapse and then I push the dispute in, but 90% of the instances seller extend before the countdown elapse. That said, I have later received refunded item in the past and had to return the funds back to the seller.

How did you refund the sellers? I was in similar situation and I was wondering how to reimburse the sellers?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
adrusa:

How did you refund the sellers? I was in similar situation and I was wondering how to reimburse the sellers?

Buy something else or reorder the same item from the sellers and ask them not to ship it.

They will mark it as shipped but wont send out any item. After some days, click confirm receipt of item then AliExpress will release the money to them.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
adrusa:

I notified the seller and they ask me to place order for an equivalent item in their store and then put a note for them not to ship.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by PMPSolutions: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Christgalaxy:

what kind of batteries are you using for the generator

Dry Cell VRLA Battries!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Pls house, what is your take on this charger as regards it's effectiveness and durability? Thanks.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Deluxe8000:
Pls house, what is your take on this charger as regards it's effectiveness and durability? Thanks.

All the good chargers I know are costly, anyways I think this charger will work. But I can't really say how durable it is, because I've seen similar chargers for after a short period. But your experience may differ and you get to enjoy it. The thing I think should be important is if the specs meets your need and it is within your budget and available locally, lockdown has made us now buy local.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 6:52am On Apr 06, 2020
Good morning all, while I'm not new to inverters and solar this will be my first time venturing into Lithium batteries and its affiliates. I will be discussing my proposed new set up in a future post, presently all batteries are on transit into the country.
For now I will really like to pick your knowledge on 2 pertinent issues I still don't have resolved. Even YouTube is really not answering them for me.

1) What's the type of electrical charger I need to invest on for a 24v and 48v system. Most YouTube guys use MPPT to charge their set ups and the ones that manage to venture into electrical charging only mention DC to DC chargers or little amps chargers to build up their batteries.

2) I don't really understand much about the BMS or its need but what I want to ask is its disconnect function during charging. If it disconnects my MPPT from charging the batteries won't that spoil the CC? As those guys don't tolerate solar connection with nothing to discharge into. Also, can ePever (my present CC) be programmed to give same absorption and float charge? I learnt that technique on this forum.

Thanks as you help a brother out.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:44am On Apr 06, 2020
essegis:
Good morning all, while I'm not new to inverters and solar this will be my first time venturing into Lithium batteries and its affiliates. I will be discussing my proposed new set up in a future post, presently all batteries are on transit into the country.
For now I will really like to pick your knowledge on 2 pertinent issues I still don't have resolved. Even YouTube is really not answering them for me.

1) What's the type of electrical charger I need to invest on for a 24v and 48v system. Most YouTube guys use MPPT to charge their set ups and the ones that manage to venture into electrical charging only mention DC to DC chargers or little amps chargers to build up their batteries.

2) I don't really understand much about the BMS or its need but what I want to ask is its disconnect function during charging. If it disconnects my MPPT from charging the batteries won't that spoil the CC? As those guys don't tolerate solar connection with nothing to discharge into. Also, can ePever (my present CC) be programmed to give same absorption and float charge? I learnt that technique on this forum.

Thanks as you help a brother out.

1) Any charger that you can adjust the voltage to the specific voltage of the battery you use. Or the charger's output is ok with the specified charging voltage of the battery. PS the charging amperage of lithium battery is specific to the make and capacity of battery in use. Some 100AH 3.2V battery can be charged up to 100A while some specified 50A or 20A. So you will need to see the spec sheet of the battery you want to buy.

2) The BMS is the Battery Management System, each BMS can do the following, dependent on the specifications, manage charging, manage discharging and balance functions. The BMS only disconnects battery at extreme situations. I'll give you an instance. A BMS rated 50A for charging and 60A for discharging can only disconnect battery when you exceed 50A during charging (usually around 60A) and exceed 60A during discharging (usually around 70A). Also the BMS manage discharging by cutting off at preset voltage (some BMS has the capability of varying this cut off), say a BMS has a low voltage cut off of 2.5v , (assuming a LiFePO4 of 3.2v), if you discharge a 12v system to 10v it will cut off the battery. Also if the high voltage cut off is 3.60v (assuming it's a 3.2v lifepo4 cell) for a 12v system it will cut off at 14.4v for a 12v battery system.

Ways to manage the BMS from disconnecting during use. First, plan your system and buy appropriate BMS. Eg if you have a 24v system and you plan to run a load of 1000w. It won't be wise to buy a 20A 24V BMS as you can easily exceed this amperage. In this case a 24v 60A or 24v 80A will be more appropriate.

Secondly, buy an appropriate SCC that can match the cut off voltage of the BMS. Eg a 24v lifepo4 (3.2v cell) BMS will cut off at voltage exceeding 28.8v, so set your SCC maximum battery charging voltage to like 28.4v or something below that 28.8v.

I think your Epever has the capability to charge lithium, you just need to know how to use it. PS my friend is currently using one to charge his lithium batteries, just that the friend is not currently in the country.

Finally, not ALL MPPT solar charge controller fries when the battery is disconnected during PV charging.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:31am On Apr 06, 2020
earthrealm:

a veli veli good kwesion grin grin grin, something wey you tell me say na 65k some time ago.......i pick race grin grin
i need 2 units now now, sharperly

This is the unit am talking about

Fragile..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2020
Happy client ~ Happy us !

Feel free to always reach us,

DONT MISS THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!!

DISCOUNTED SALES !!!

1) Restar made in vietnam 200a battery ... 100,000

2) Axpert 1.2kva 12v pure sinewave inverter ... 50,000

3) Schneider 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave inverter .. 75,000

4) USA Trojan 225a flooded battery ... 140,000 (expecting stock)

5) USA Trojan 205a AGM battery ... 177,000

6) USA Trojan 315a 6v AGM Battey ... 155,000 "6 units above" , 160,000 per unit

7) Axpert 3kva 24v pure sinewave solar inverter with 80a combined total charging current...110,000

cool MNSPD AC & DC ....... 55,000

9) Schneider sw 8548 inverter ...1.5m

10) Morningstar 45a mppt ...... 160,000

11) Morningstar 60a mppt ...... 210,000

12) Pro solar roof mount and accessories which can take up to 4 units of 500w panels ..... N35,000

13) Improvised solar mount kit .... N15,000

14) Monbat 12v 200a fta battery ....140,000 "offloading soon"

15) Quanta 12v 200a ... 125,000 "4 units above" (brown carton non export high quality with 64kg weight)

16) SMK 40a 12/48v mppt .... 65,000

17) SRNE 60a mppt ..... 95,000

18) Epever 60a mppt ... 105,000

19) Flames 270w mono panel .. 32,000

20) Felicity lithium 24v 200a battery ... 340,000

21) Victron smartsolar 250/100 mppt ...305,000

DON'T MISS THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!

NOTE: We also supply products >> Outback,Victron, Canadian solar , Prag, Schneider,Felicity,Flames,Foresolar, Luminous,Magnum,Era,Ja solar,Amerisolar,Jinko,Solarworld,SMA,Jemag, SMS,Keye,Solar water heaters etc... Feel free to contact us as usual !

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 10:48am On Apr 06, 2020
mctfopt:

1) Any charger that you can adjust the voltage to the specific voltage of the battery you use. Or the charger's output is ok with the specified charging voltage of the battery. PS the charging amperage of lithium battery is specific to the make and capacity of battery in use. Some 100AH 3.2V battery can be charged up to 100A while some specified 50A or 20A. So you will need to see the spec sheet of the battery you want to buy.

2) The BMS is the Battery Management System, each BMS can do the following, dependent on the specifications, manage charging, manage discharging and balance functions. The BMS only disconnects battery at extreme situations. I'll give you an instance. A BMS rated 50A for charging and 60A for discharging can only disconnect battery when you exceed 50A during charging (usually around 60A) and exceed 60A during discharging (usually around 70A). Also the BMS manage discharging by cutting off at preset voltage (some BMS has the capability of varying this cut off), say a BMS has a low voltage cut off of 2.5v , (assuming a LiFePO4 of 3.2v), if you discharge a 12v system to 10v it will cut off the battery. Also if the high voltage cut off is 3.60v (assuming it's a 3.2v lifepo4 cell) for a 12v system it will cut off at 14.4v for a 12v battery system.

Ways to manage the BMS from disconnecting during use. First, plan your system and buy appropriate BMS. Eg if you have a 24v system and you plan to run a load of 1000w. It won't be wise to buy a 20A 24V BMS as you can easily exceed this amperage. In this case a 24v 60A or 24v 80A will be more appropriate.

Secondly, buy an appropriate SCC that can match the cut off voltage of the BMS. Eg a 24v lifepo4 (3.2v cell) BMS will cut off at voltage exceeding 28.8v, so set your SCC maximum battery charging voltage to like 28.4v or something below that 28.8v.

I think your Epever has the capability to charge lithium, you just need to know how to use it. PS my friend is currently using one to charge his lithium batteries, just that the friend is not currently in the country.

Finally, not ALL MPPT solar charge controller fries when the battery is disconnected during PV charging.

Thanks for taking the time out to attend to me. All the batteries I bought for my new Lithium set up are used so to get hold of their spec sheet go hard oo. I have modules from Nissan Leaf, BYD & 38120 coming in. I know the operational voltages I want to set these at but presently don't know the charger amperage to be used. If you can advice on a charger to add to my cart I'll be grateful.

Surprised to hear there are CC that don't fry up when they have input but no output. This is my first time of hearing it as I've always tried to prevent such situations. Can you advise respected CC for Lithium too? Thanks once again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2020
essegis:

Thanks for taking the time out to attend to me. All the batteries I bought for my new Lithium set up are used so to get hold of their spec sheet go hard oo. I have modules from Nissan Leaf, BYD & 38120 coming in. I know the operational voltages I want to set these at but presently don't know the charger amperage to be used. If you can advice on a charger to add to my cart I'll be grateful.

Surprised to hear there are CC that don't fry up when they have input but no output. This is my first time of hearing it as I've always tried to prevent such situations. Can you advise respected CC for Lithium too? Thanks once again.

These are popular batteries, I don't think it'll be hard to see the spec sheet online. Why not buy inverters that can handle both the charging and PV functions? Growatt Ce Approval Pure Sine Wave Inverter 5000 Watt Solar Offgrid Inverter, or this other inverter MPPSolar 5000w Solar inverter 230vac 48vdc + 80A MPPT are all good buy. You can also buy the Victron, Schneider, SMAs etc on the side of the premium range.

But you can also check this charger (actually a rectifier that is modified). It's pricey but I've seen it in action.

I think your CC is ok, dunno the amperage though, EPEVER do produce great CCs, there are many CC out there. My neighbour's MakeskyBlue SCC does not burn when the battery is discounted. Though I still won't advise anyone to disconnect their batteries smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
mctfopt:

These are popular batteries, I don't think it'll be hard to see the spec sheet online. Why not buy inverters that can handle both the charging and PV functions? Growatt Ce Approval Pure Sine Wave Inverter 5000 Watt Solar Offgrid Inverter, or this other inverter MPPSolar 5000w Solar inverter 230vac 48vdc + 80A MPPT are all good buy. You can also buy the Victron, Schneider, SMAs etc on the side of the premium range.

But you can also check this charger (actually a rectifier that is modified). It's pricey but I've seen it in action.

I think your CC is ok, dunno the amperage though, EPEVER do produce great CCs, there are many CC out there. My neighbour's MakeskyBlue SCC does not burn when the battery is discounted. Though I still won't advise anyone to disconnect their batteries smiley

Thanks bro, when I actually set out to planning the new system I wanted to use an hybrid (I've never used it before) but was quick to realise it does not have the grid supply cut off functionality to the house. What I mean is my plan is to use grid and solar to charge my batteries while the batteries feed the house 24-7. With hybrid (same with inverters with charging function) when NEPA comes they cut off and supply NEPA to the house, I don't want that.

So I will be buying my equipment individually viz inverter, charger, MPPT. Also, my latest inverter that has served me 5yrs with no issue came without charger. So I feel they last longer if separated. But I will be ordering this charger you highlighted here. Hope I can use for both 24v and 48v systems.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
Notify me ASAP if seriously interested in this offer!

Brand new 5kW/10kW 48v Hybrid Gennex inverter for sale comprising of 2pcs of AXPERT MKS-B 5kw each with a combined 160A (80A each) MPPT inbuilt Charge controller for sale in Lagos State but can be waybilled under agreement as usual!
Quantity limited.
Price: 600,000
Warranty: 1year.
Offer Valid while stock lasts..

Contact,
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Durable 40a "12-48v" mppt "lithium battery compatible" up for grab !

Warranty: 12 months
Price : 65k

Picture loading ..

Contact,
081-350-31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
essegis:

Thanks bro, when I actually set out to planning the new system I wanted to use an hybrid (I've never used it before) but was quick to realise it does not have the grid supply cut off functionality to the house. What I mean is my plan is to use grid and solar to charge my batteries while the batteries feed the house 24-7. With hybrid (same with inverters with charging function) when NEPA comes they cut off and supply NEPA to the house, I don't want that.

So I will be buying my equipment individually viz inverter, charger, MPPT. Also, my latest inverter that has served me 5yrs with no issue came without charger. So I feel they last longer if separated. But I will be ordering this charger you highlighted here. Hope I can use for both 24v and 48v systems.

I read what you wrote about your preference for non hybrid inverter but I still could not grasp what you meant. But if you prefer the standalone system, I guess you'll have to go for it. The charger has a range of 0-60v, that means it can serve for 12v/24v/36v/48v battery system. You can adjust whatever voltage you like within that 0-60v or 0-120v range. There are two types there, I'll recommend you order for the 0-60v if you plan to either use it on a 24v/48v system due to the higher current output (50A) compared to the 0-120v (25A).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
mctfopt:

I read what you wrote about your preference for non hybrid inverter but I still could not grasp what you meant. But if you prefer the standalone system, I guess you'll have to go for it. The charger has a range of 0-60v, that means it can serve for 12v/24v/36v/48v battery system. You can adjust whatever voltage you like within that 0-60v or 0-120v range. There are two types there, I'll recommend you order for the 0-60v if you plan to either use it on a 24v/48v system due to the higher current output (50A) compared to the 0-120v (25A).

You have been of good help. I am very grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
mctfopt:

All the good chargers I know are costly, anyways I think this charger will work. But I can't really say how durable it is, because I've seen similar chargers for after a short period. But your experience may differ and you get to enjoy it. The thing I think should be important is if the specs meets your need and it is within your budget and available locally, lockdown has made us now buy local.
thanks for the prompt response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OtunbaLeXuS(m): 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good evening,

Please how many 200AH (12V) batteries are in 15.4KWH-48V lifpo4 battery.?

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
OtunbaLeXuS:
Good evening,

Thanks.

You just have the mathematics to do. 15.4KWH ÷ 48V = 320.8AH ~321AH

Going by your question. 200AH × 12V = 2400WHR
15.4KWH ÷ 2.4KWR = 6.42 ~ 6
Theoretically, you have six times the capacity of a 200AH battery.

Guess your question has been answered.
You cant get a 48V configuration with 6 batteries. You count / arrange in 4s.
Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
OtunbaLeXuS:
Good evening,

Thanks.

Approx 6 (6 * 200AH * 12V = 14.4kWh)
But you can't arrange 6 of such to get 48V

Edit: answered already above.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 9:32am On Apr 07, 2020
The question is a bit tricky, if we have to factor in useable capacity of lifepo4 vs 12V-200AH(Lead-Acid).

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
BetaTechnicians:
The question is a bit tricky, if we have to factor in useable capacity of lifepo4 vs 12V-200AH(Lead-Acid).

If we are to do that, we will be talking of 9 to 12 x12v/200AH batteries depending on intended DOD on both sides.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OtunbaLeXuS(m): 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
As a layman, i gained something from this, thanks.

generalstingz:

You just have the mathematics to do. 15.4KWH ÷ 48V = 320.8AH ~321AH

Going by your question. 200AH × 12V = 2400WHR
15.4KWH ÷ 2.4KWR = 6.42 ~ 6
Theoretically, you have six times the capacity of a 200AH battery.

Guess your question has been answered.
You cant get a 48V configuration with 6 batteries. You count / arrange in 4s.
Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OtunbaLeXuS(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2020
Am grateful.

mank1234:

Approx 6 (6 * 200AH * 12V = 14.4kWh)
But you can't arrange 6 of such to get 48V

Edit: answered already above.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
adrusa:

If we are to do that, we will be talking of 9 to 12 x12v/200AH batteries depending on intended DOD on both sides.
Exactly.

OtunbaLeXuS, you should also take note of the above comment because of usable capacities of both batteries differ due to their chemistry.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:17am On Apr 08, 2020
ojeysky:

It's in my signature.... It's 2.25kw total

Thumbs up.

Your PIP-GK, repair is still pending àbí? Covik 1-9 things.

How were you able to get those graphic outputs charted? I though is was an exclusive preserve of your GK, but now that you've changed the inverter you still get graphic interphase.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:42am On Apr 08, 2020
Trippledots:

That user rating review will be worth taking into consideration,...did you go through the comments?

Thanks for calling my attention to that. I made that observation before I placed the other. Buyers' complains has to do with the items not probably shipped, or not delivered, or seller's slow or no response to complaints or ridiculously expensive customs tax upon delivery. The few that received the item did not complain of quality issues. The only Nigerian buyer there commented only "okay" as his review meaning he received the item and has no problems with quality

The seller has other items in his store and a cursory look at reviews of those other items are better, giving the seller a generally good rating.

I took the plunge to buy, leveraging on the buyer protection and money back guarantee policy of AE upon failure of delivery of items. My purchase protection runs out in 24 hours, but I had sent request for extension since 5 days ago and seller has not replied up till now, validating some buyers' claims that he does not respond to messages.

So I opened trade dispute for full refund this morning. I am optimistic that arbitration will be in my favour.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2020
ceaser:

Thumbs up.

Your PIP-GK, repair is still pending àbí? Covik 1-9 things.

How were you able to get those graphic outputs charted? I though is was an exclusive preserve of your GK, but now that you've changed the inverter you still get graphic interphase.

Felicity is a PIP clone, so I still get data from it for my emoncms processing (though not as much as the PIP), it's the reason I went for felicity as a temp replacement. I hope my PIP will come alive soon enough hopefully covid-19 will get past us sooner than later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (1695) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: truthbetold22, Hero2t and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.