Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063283 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=c0ogumo][/quote]
@ c0ogumo check ur email,this particular mppt i saw online but i dont know how to pay for it,if any member can do that 4 me,d total prize inclussive shipping i will pay.waiting 4 ur responce
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 10:54am On Sep 20, 2014
Dear all,
I have a midnite classic 150 lite that I will like to swap for an outback FM80. You may wish to check out the specs of the midnite solar classic lite. The midnite have a maximum current output of 96A. But I have lately invested in the outback ecosystem and I will like to integrate my charge controller too.
You may contact me at adrusa at gmail dot com for discussion. I'm based in Ibadan.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by urusky247(m): 5:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Please i need a place were i can get a good brand solar panel and mppt charge controller. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 6:03am On Sep 23, 2014
urusky247: Please i need a place were i can get a good brand solar panel and mppt charge controller. Thanks

I have 250W Renogy Solar Panels
45A and 60A Morningstar MPPT CC
Midnite Classic 150 MPPT CC
Flexmax FM80 MPPT CC
Also Chinese Tracer 20A,30A and 40A MPPT CC
Let me know if interested.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
PLS HOUSE I NEED A BIT OF CLARIFICATN ON THE FF CASE:
I HAVE 4 125W SOLAR PANEL,WITH 2 200AH BATTERIES TO BE CONNECTED IN PARRALLEL TO GIVE 12V because I HAVE 1000W/12V INVERTER AND MY CHARGE CONTROLLER WILL BE RENOGY TRACER 40A MPPT 12/24V.
MY PROBLEM IS HOW DO I CONNECT MY PANELS IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK WITH MY MPPT CHARGER AND MY 12V PARALLEL COMBINE 2 200AH BATT AND MY 12V INVERTER.UR CONTRIBUTN WILL BE APPRECIATED.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by urusky247(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
c0ogumo:

Flexmax FM80 MPPT CC

Yes i'm intrested just send me your contact to
Pendaflex4eng247@gmail.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
TSHIRT2: PLS HOUSE I NEED A BIT OF CLARIFICATN ON THE FF CASE:
I HAVE 4 125W SOLAR PANEL,WITH 2 200AH BATTERIES TO BE CONNECTED IN PARRALLEL TO GIVE 12V because I HAVE 1000W/12V INVERTER AND MY CHARGE CONTROLLER WILL BE RENOGY TRACER 40A MPPT 12/24V.
MY PROBLEM IS HOW DO I CONNECT MY PANELS IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK WITH MY MPPT CHARGER AND MY 12V PARALLEL COMBINE 2 200AH BATT AND MY 12V INVERTER.UR CONTRIBUTN WILL BE APPRECIATED.

its simple...since ur charge controller is mppt and accepts 12v or 24v......u can choose to connect ur panels in 2 strings series and then parallel...ie 2 strings in series will give u 24v, then u now parallel the the two strings of 24v...keeping the voltage 24v, this will lower the current, thus u can use smaller cables to hook up ur panels to ur charge controller..

or u go the normal route of hooking up all 4 panels in parallel..giving you 12v...which ur cc can handle comfortably....though u need min of 10mm cable to handle the 45amp+ current

you need to confirm if u cc have an internal switch u need to manual put on 12v or 24v...or if its auto voltage sensing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by urusky247(m): 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Please i need clearifications on adding solar array to my 1.4KVA 2 200AHbatteries. I want to up grade by adding solar panels. For the connection.
Solar panel to charge controller to battery. Then i connect my inverter to the batteries too. Bof now my inverter is met to charger my battery how to i now achieve charging my battery with both solar and inverter without cause damage since both system are charging the batteries. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 5:41am On Sep 24, 2014
most high end inverters accept dual charging.........just attach the output of ur CC to the batt terminals where ur inverter gets its input from the batt too
it shudnt really be a problem since ur CC will be delivering voltage/power to the battery/inverter..the only thing you shud ensure is that if ur inverter is 24v...then the voltage coiming from ur cc must be 24v...if 12v...then 12v too....

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
c0ogumo:

Flexmax FM80 MPPT CC

How much is the FM80? Will you accept a classic for swapping? I'm also in Ibadan.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mecussey(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
c0ogumo:

Flexmax FM80 MPPT CC

How much is the panel and is it monocrystaline or poly? Is it fairly used or brand new one?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ mecussey

I sell brand new monocrystaline panels from USA
For more info, please see my contacts below.

BB:79395A2D,
Whatsapp:9732041296
email:molley4real@hotmail.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000watts 24v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 100k

MUST POWER 6000watts 48v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 160k

SAFE POWER 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave indian inverter .... @20k "company used with warranty seal"

BLUEGATE 1kva 12v pure sinewave power inverter.....@25k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 30k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... @ 52k

3. MECURY deep cycle agm batteries 12v 200a "Korea"..... @ 45k

MERCURY & BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 90k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rodgers: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Does the mercury inverter have 3 stage charging? Also can it effectively charge trojan battery?

kiekie1: HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000watts 24v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 100k

MUST POWER 6000watts 48v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 160k

SAFE POWER 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave indian inverter .... @20k "company used with warranty seal"

BLUEGATE 1kva 12v pure sinewave power inverter.....@25k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 30k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... @ 52k

3. MECURY deep cycle agm batteries 12v 200a "Korea"..... @ 45k

MERCURY & BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 90k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Celebrating the goodness of renewable energy at my crib...

Two unbroken years of noiseless and pollution free power ssupply and...

One solid year of uninterrupted power supply...

Now I'm giving my testimony o eh eh eh...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abover: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2014
I need a solar panel of 2kw anybody that can supply should send details to 08058863371 please sms only.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kaloka(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hello all,

Recently jumped on the alternative power bandwagon after nearly 2 years of no supply from the public grid. I installed a 3.5kva Luminous inverter with plans to go fully solar as my finances permit. However, I observed that when I turn on the generator the Inverter doesn't allow power through uninterrupted unless I switch it on. When the inverter is switched off, the lights just blink on and off. Is this normal or is it a problem with the inverter or the installation? I paid an installer for the installation and my generator is a 7.5kva unit.

Please I need informed opinions so that I can better understand what is going on. If I had been aware of the wealth of information available here,I most probably would have done the installation myself.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2014
rodgers: Does the mercury inverter have 3 stage charging? Also can it effectively charge trojan battery?

Very much well .. Simply call 08135031951 for detailed info !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
Barka de Sallah to my numerous muslim clients ... Looking forward for more transaction/waybills after the Sallah break. Journey/flight mercies insha Allah to those that travelled !!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isomadtech(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Pls is there anyone in the house that have used luminous battery 200ah 12v.
@kiekie
how strong is the mercury battery, can it work well on mustpower 6kw. pls advice needed.
thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
all,

a while ago, i decided to put my sukam to the test just to confirm it is still in good working condition. i hadn't really had the
chance to try it out ever since the faulty cooler fan was replaced. results? well, i was quite impressed that the old work horse
was back and kicking! needless to say, it is a welcome relief to know that i can always fall back to its use should in case the
magnum decides to behave funny.

i ran it over a week without any issues before putting it back in the cooler.

pics below:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
at last, the much maligned 'brackets' have found a new lease of life - in the e-panel! smiley

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
ground pics. i had to modify them to enable me install the sukam on the magnum e-panel:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
snapshot of solar harvest. hmmmm! not bad at all! smiley

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
@oga George. Nice update u gave. I am equally enjoying my sukham.
I see d 3.5kva sukham as an intelligent guy. My 8kva generator( with refurbished coil) was no longer recognised by it. Though it recognised other smaller new gen ..perhaps d problem was d coil of d gen. All efforts to restore d coil to make it work proved abbortive.
Meanwhile the gen was recognised by all other inverters except d sukham. This is to tell us that anytime bad public supply tries ur home....the sukham is there to protect.

Recently. .I noticed that each time it rains(Heavily) for more than 30min..the sukham will trip off complaining of over load. after so much consultation with senior members. .I later discovered I left a wire un insulated and water was touching it. since I insulated d wires. the guy worked normally. I think d guy is doing well and its designed to protect. I just wish I could equalise my trojans with it.

@kie kie. Thanks for d SWIFT supplies d other day.
looking forward to better deals from ur side.
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
@ Abunafiu, all this accolades for sukam?
Do you run it 24hrs 7days?

I would have switxhed to Magnum if I had found someone who could do installmental payment with some friendly percentage intrest...

Sukam and luminous are not built for rugged use...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 1:15am On Oct 09, 2014
bodejohn:
@ Abunafiu, all this accolades for sukam?
Do you run it 24hrs 7days?

I would have switxhed to Magnum if I had found someone who could do installmental payment with some friendly percentage intrest...

Sukam and luminous are not built for rugged use...

I use it mostly for 24hrs. weeks non stop.
I trust ur sukham is doing good too.
I wish I could elevate to magnum too.
one day I will.
Meanwhile I used to try ur phone number. no success.
eku 3 days sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2014
isomadtech:
Pls is there anyone in the house that have used luminous battery 200ah 12v.
@kiekie
how strong is the mercury battery, can it work well on mustpower 6kw. pls advice needed.
thanks

am using the luminous 200amp batt.. no complaints yet...1yr plus.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2014
abunafiu:

I use it mostly for 24hrs. weeks non stop.
I trust ur sukham is doing good too.
I wish I could elevate to magnum too.
one day I will.
Meanwhile I used to try ur phone number. no success.
eku 3 days sir.

Sorry for the missed calls...
You can reach me faster through email
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
I stopped by a client's house at Unity road, Lekki today to check the performance of his system and I was impressed by the harvest. This client lives off grid as they are yet to complete transformer installation in that area. The only appliance he is not using are the A/Cs. Every other appliance including Fridge, freezer, washing machine and watter pump runs on the solar system.

The system configuration is:
3060W (12x 255W) Solarworld Solar panels
8x L16 Trojan Flooded batteries
4kw PRAG Inverter.

The 3060w solarworld panels was able to output 3458W as you can see in the picture below which is higher than the rated output of the solar panels. The log also confirmed that this system delivers up to 16kwh of energy daily.

These go a long way to confirm that solarworld solar panels efficiency is second to none. Also remember that the installation must be done professionally also in order to get this efficiency.

Stop littering your roofs with junks in the name of solar panels and also get a profesional installation.

Contact us for discounted prices on:

* Solarworld solar panels
* Trojan Deep cycle Lead-Acid Batteries
* Magnum Inverters
* Xantrex Inverters
* Outback Inverters
* Prag Inverters
* Outback Charge controllers
* Midnite Solar Accessories
* etc.

You can get more details about us on our facebook page PBASE Solar.

http://www.facebook.com/pbasesolar

For those who always call to say they are anti-facebook you can reach us on

Phone/whatsapp: 08023033135
email: contact@pbasesolar.com
BBM PIN: 7950AD1E

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
GeorgeD1:
all,

a while ago, i decided to put my sukam to the test just to confirm it is still in good working condition. i hadn't really had the
chance to try it out ever since the faulty cooler fan was replaced. results? well, i was quite impressed that the old work horse
was back and kicking! needless to say, it is a welcome relief to know that i can always fall back to its use should in case the
magnum decides to behave funny.

i ran it over a week without any issues before putting it back in the cooler.

pics below:

From my experience, the Sukam and every other inverter will work perfectly well as long as you are not depending fully on phcn or gen for battery charging. This is because a greater percentage of the units that spoils easily on this inverters are the power input units. Even the MUST POWER inverters with their fragile mosfets can work for a very long while when used in off-grid or semi-offgrid system.

The system in the picture below is using a sukam 3kva which use to misbehave when the client was using inverter only system. When we came in to add Solarworld solar panels and Varta professional batteries the inverter became perfect overnight and the client which was preparing to buy our magnum to complete the system now pocketed that money. This is because the inverter is not doing anything anymore on the charging circuit because the client had cut off charging with public power since the solar panels is generating enough energy for him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ATPx and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.