Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2064518 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BENARI: 8:21pm On May 10, 2020
unicmarket:

First an foremost, you will need to calculate the total wattage of all the appliance you want to power.

You only mentioned that of your fans which is 220watts in total; please get all others and add them together; an Inverter that can be at least 2times the required load will be best, so for instance your load is 500watts in total; you’ll need to get an Inverter of about 1000watts, it’s best than getting something just the same as your load requirement, in case of some minor addition long term stability of your inverter.

Now inverters are considered mostly in KVA, find an Inverter that is about the equivalent of 1000w
Which is about 1.2-1.5kva

1500x0.8 =1200w Inverter for instance( the 0.8 is pf)

Or

Converting from watts to kva, you will need to know the pf power factor of the Inverter you wish to get, but before then you can use 0.8

So for instance 1/0.8x 1000watts= 1250kva( you may not get the exact kVa, but this means you can get something higher or a little lower

Once that is considered; then calculate the number of hours you want to run the Inverter.

http://jekitech.com/battery-backup-time-calculator/

To check required backup time

For instance you found that a 1.5kva could power the house, then go to the calculator type in the ah of the battery

200ah for instance

On a 24v system; the calculator is will automatically make it 2 batteries, type in the load, then it will give u an estimate of backup hrs

Please if you have specific questions
You may also contact us on whatsapp 08031138665

I really will advice that you contact us; to work you through easily

Wow! Thanks A Billion

The thing get maths o! But really really interesting.
I'll get in touch via Whatsapp.

Meanwhile if you have a known member I can contact in Abuja to help with procurement and installation, I'll be most grateful, if not, I'll seek further guidance via the Whatsapp number you provided.

Again, I'm really grateful Sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BENARI: 8:28pm On May 10, 2020
adrusa:

I think it is because your question is somehow vague. What is your budget? Are you DIY or will get an installer to help you? If you are using an installer, your best bet is to ask the installer to give you a quote. You can then bring the quote here for help.

Thanks for your response Sir.

Can you recommend anyone in Abuja I can engage for procurement and installation pls, preferably someone on the forum if possible.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 8:32pm On May 10, 2020
BENARI:
Good Day House.

I need your advice please. It's possible that my request has been covered here already, but there are now 735 pages to read, and I've tried to skim through, but can't find any, thus my request.

I intend to install an inverter system in my house; for now without solar panel. My house is a 4 bedroom, and I've been told a 3.5kva can power the basic things, namely; lighting, four fans(54watts each), 2 tvs(55inch each), and a small scanfrost freezer.

I'll want to know what I'll require to achieve this, the cost if possible, and the most reliable brands in terms of inverter and batteries. Also whether to use wet or dry cell batteries(talking about durability and efficiency).

I'm sorry for troubling you.

Thanks.

Kindly quote me if responding to my request pls. That will be very helpful.

Yes. The inverter can power them.
The question is, can you and are you willing to get enough battery capacity for this load? Most likely, No.

1) Strive to get an inverter with low self consumption like victron or fangpusun (the transformer less type have lower self consumption when loaded.
Note also the charging current of the inverter, if it's too small, your battery won't be full and in no time it will die.
2) every watt saved is key in extending your battery runtime. Get efficient devices - use led light, fan of 30W or less etc. Inverter type freezer/fridges will enable you to use a lower capacity inverter thus cutting your investment cost and reduction in self consumption.
3) for a newbie, dry cell is better. You won't need to do any maintenance.
4) 95% of installers would promise you that your system is good as setup. The effect of a poorly setup system will show only after 1month to 1yers and by that time payment and warranty would have been completed

What battery capacity is your installer proposing? How many of them?
What's the wattage of all your loads?
How many hours of electricity do you have in a day?
How many hours do you want each load to run?
We can help you analyze what you need if you provide answers to these questions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:56pm On May 10, 2020
150w MS solar panel available, #20000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Manuel Solar Energy Enterprises �

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alhasanalo: 11:02pm On May 10, 2020
BENARI:

Thanks for your response Sir.

Can you recommend anyone in Abuja I can engage for procurement and installation pls, preferably someone on the forum if possible.

I'm Abuja,if you've not gotten anyone yet we can work it out
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BENARI: 8:13am On May 11, 2020
alhasanalo:

I'm Abuja,if you've not gotten anyone yet we can work it out

O fantastic. How do I contact you Sir?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 1:37pm On May 11, 2020
Nigerians can never allow the country function normally without creating avenues for extorting.

solar generators/Water heaters (inverters, water heaters) is 5% Import duty, and VAT Free.
Solar cells in panel form or modules is import duty and VAT free
Yet custom charges duties.

I the case of my my small chinese inverter the cost price (Price + Shipping) was even inflated to charge a higher duty & VAT.

I was charged 20% duty with 5% VAT and another charge of the whole amount, that was before VAT was increased to 7.5%.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 1:40pm On May 11, 2020
harizonal123:

Yes it depends on your system but when it comes to lasting hours/ duration parallel beats series batteries configuration. The advantage of series over parallel is that it is used for operating heavy machineries. Yet to find a write up where series connection increases duration

Odiegwu! See the way you're stating it with every confidence... Lolz.

However, a 12V system with two 12V/200Ah batteries connected in parallel has a battery bank of 400Ah... But then, the storage capacity of the battery bank is 4.8KWh (12V x 400Ah)

Now, a 24V system with two 12V/200Ah batteries connected in series has a battery bank of 200Ah... But again, the storage capacity is also 4.8KWh (24V x 200Ah).

THEORETICALLY speaking, if you subject both systems to the same load, the usage time would be same....
>>>Let's assume a 200W load, and neglecting loses and inefficiencies...

For the 12V/400Ah system, current drawn is 17A (200W/12V)
Usage time would be 23hrs (400Ah/17A)...

For the 24V/200Ah system, current drawn is 9A (200W/24V)
Usage time would be 23hrs (200Ah/9A)

....all answers are approximated

PRACTICALLY, the 24V/200Ah series-connected system would last more (in terms of duration) than the 12V/400Ah parallel-connected system due to less conversion loses in the 24V system.

In Summary, using a 12V/200Ah Battery as a case sturdy:
*a 12V/400Ah parallel system has the same storage capacity as a 24V/200Ah series system, but the 24V system is more efficient and would have longer usage time
*a 24V/400Ah series/parallel system has the same storage capacity as a 48V/200Ah series system, but the 48V system is more efficient

The higher the voltage system, the lower the conversion loses, the more panels that can be used, and also the better you can use heavy loads.

Hope you now have your writeup.. smiley

Cheers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 2:32pm On May 11, 2020
microgiant:
Nigerians can never allow the country function normally without creating avenues for extorting.

solar generators/Water heaters (inverters, water heaters) is 5% Import duty, and VAT Free.
Solar cells in panel form or modules is import duty and VAT free
Yet custom charges duties.

I the case of my my small chinese inverter the cost price (Price + Shipping) was even inflated to charge a higher duty & VAT.

I was charged 20% duty with 5% VAT and another charge of the whole amount, that was before VAT was increased to 7.5%.

And when they do that, you have no recourse. No one to complain to. And when you complain, you complicate the issue and you may not get your goods for a long time. Naija jibiti. Yet, na Buhari we all dey blame.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2020
adrusa:

And when they do that, you have no recourse. No one to complain to. And when you complain, you complicate the issue and you may not get your goods for a long time. Naija jibiti. Yet, na Buhari we all dey blame.

Bros who is to blame? Let the leader of a sovereign country lead by example and watch it have effect of the citizenry.... It's not rocket science.
The only blame to the citizenry (which is significant) would be for electing such leadership

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alhasanalo: 6:07pm On May 11, 2020
BENARI:

O fantastic. How do I contact you Sir?
My number Zero eight one two six five five six zero zero six
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by YoungBrain: 6:56pm On May 11, 2020
Good day to everyone

The rains are here once more.
Please I need honest opinions on which solar panel brand(s) are best to get a good harvest
in this weather...

Thanks in advance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:54pm On May 11, 2020
JUO:
Fangpusun flex max 80a 150k
Fangpusun flex max 60a 120k
Fangpusun blue solar 30-70a 38k for 30a, 48k for 50a, 110k 60a, 120k for 70a
Xtm 3.5kw/48v 460k
XTH 5.5kw/48v 900k
delivery available in lagos state
0809-87337-09
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:36pm On May 11, 2020
YoungBrain:

Good day to everyone

The rains are here once more.
Please I need honest opinions on which solar panel brand(s) are best to get a good harvest
in this weather...

Thanks in advance

Go for Canadian Solar... And you would never walk alone smiley

Note I just gave a direct answer to a direct question.
I want to assume you already have a designed system, about to be executed. Before you'll go and carry two Canadian panels and put on a PWM CC to charge 8 batteries grin

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 10:40pm On May 11, 2020
How much is 12v 100ah lithium Bms battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 2:00am On May 12, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jmaine: 9:20am On May 12, 2020
mcTrinity:

Go for Canadian Solar... And you would never walk alone smiley

Note I just gave a direct answer to a direct question.
I want to assume you already have a designed system, about to be executed. Before you'll go and carry two Canadian panels and put on a PWM CC to charge 8 batteries grin

I guess the Poly version will still give same accolades as well?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 1:35pm On May 12, 2020
What's you take on felicity Panels.... mcTrinity?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2020
essegis:

Invoice sent March 23rd. I sure e for don reach if no be for uncle Coro.

Guys e don land oo. Fully on site now. Too bad I'm stuck at work for a couple of long weeks. Can't get to working it till I'm done.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:02pm On May 12, 2020
essegis:

Guys e don land oo. Fully on site now. Too bad I'm stuck at work for a couple of long weeks. Can't get to working it till I'm done.

Congratulations. You got yourself some serious LFP.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2020
essegis:

Cool, is this the Nissan leaf? Will be interested to hear your setup experience
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 6:38pm On May 12, 2020
ojeysky:

Cool, is this the Nissan leaf? Will be interested to hear your setup experience

Yeah, this is the Nissan Leaf full pack I was talking about. You see the crate? That was what was charged for shipping into the country. Weight actually much as my people had to dismantle it to even fit put am inside motor first first. Sienna could not carry it.

Took like 8 people to drop it on the floor. On YouTube it was never explained to be this heavy oo.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 6:51pm On May 12, 2020
terrymason:
What's you take on felicity Panels.... mcTrinity?

Hi Terrymason,

I haven't actually installed felicity; so can't really give any review on it.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2020
mcTrinity:

Hi Terrymason,

I haven't actually installed felicity; so can't really give any review on it.

Cheers
Thanks... Want to get some for personal use.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by theoilguy: 7:08pm On May 12, 2020
terrymason:
Thanks... Want to get some for personal use.

Useless panels.. Degrades significantly after one year of production.. Not worth the time and effort...

Stick to tier 1 panels like Canadian solar if money is no object.

Las las, u ll be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 7:18pm On May 12, 2020
theoilguy:

Useless panels.. Degrades significantly after one year of production.. Not worth the time and effort...

Thanks.... Is there any dealer hear and how much?

Canadian Solar panel Price for 250 watt
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2020
theoilguy:

You could try sunfit, performance has been same with when I bought it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 7:56pm On May 12, 2020
theoilguy:

Solar panels are too cheap to manufacture and sell for you to be rating them this badly. And Felicity is beefing up their name in the industry.

I don't know though maybe it's your set up or you were just so unlucky to buy total trash but solar panels with 25yrs warranty should do better than you stated. Always go to the market with your multimeter when buying panels.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jove2012: 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
good evening great minds, please I will appreciate if answers can be gotten for the following questions.

1). Those 1.5kva UPS has the same capacity with 1.5kva inverter?

2). Can 1.5kva UPS carry energy saving freezer (200w) ?

3). How can I fix bad solar battery (I picked an old solar battery from someone. He stopped using it about 10 years ago cause he relocated to a place with stable electricity and didn't see the need to use it again. I guess the battery got spoilt in the process of abandonment) ?

4). Can a solar panel of 40w change a solar battery of 100ah successful without using solar charge controller?

Thanks for your anticipated positive response
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jmaine: 9:21pm On May 12, 2020
jmaine:

I guess the Poly version will still give same accolades as well?

Alright.... I guess this went below the radar... Will do more findings elsewhere .

Thanks guys...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 10:00pm On May 12, 2020
theoilguy:

Perhaps you should check your set up.Felicity remains one of the reliable China panels

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jove2012: 10:30pm On May 12, 2020
Good evening all, I will appreciate if I can get answers to the following:

1). Those 1.5kva UPS has the same capacity with 1.5kva inverter?

2). Can 1.5kva UPS carry energy saving freezer (200w) ?

3). How can I fix bad solar battery (I picked an old solar battery from someone. He stopped using it about 10 years ago cause he relocated to a place with stable electricity and didn't see the need to use it again. I guess the battery got spoilt in the process of abandonment) ?

4). Can a solar panel of 40w change a solar battery of 100ah successful without using solar charge controller?

Thanks for your anticipated positive response

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1695) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ojesymsym, uctomide(m), zenith4biz(m), Valentinooo, HeavenlyBang(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.