Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:54 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2294943 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (1809) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 4:55pm On May 23, 2020
Anyone has an off-grid 48v inverter with no charger for sale?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 23, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:12pm On May 23, 2020
ojeysky:
So I have got a few 210AH cells that I bought but no longer require as I got 280AH. If you are interested in the 210AH do reach me. It's 50k each (price is firm) Can do in 4 or 8 units

Complicated delivery options has made the cells to still be with me, but I have kept it busy while it's with me. Though cells came with max of 0.003v difference, it has been balanced irrespective. For now I have delivery option through bus to Abuja, Akure, Onitsha and Lagos, other location will be via GIG logistics and their shipping is between 12 to 15k.
Still available for sale!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 6:43pm On May 23, 2020
ojeysky:

Complicated delivery options has made the cells to still be with me, but I have kept it busy while it's me. Though cells came with max of 0.003v difference, it has been balanced irrespective. For now I have delivery option through bus to Abuja, Akure, Onitsha and Lagos, other location will be via GIG logistics and their shipping is between 12 to 15k.
Still available for sale!

I see front the pix you're top balancing them.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2020
essegis:

I see front the pix you're top balancing them.

Yes even though it came largely balanced, I still top balanced so whoever buys just plug and play don't have to go through balancing process. Hopefully it's helpful to the buyer

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:01pm On May 23, 2020
ojeysky:

Yes even though it came largely balanced, I still top balanced so whoever buys just plug and play don't have to go through balancing process. Hopefully it's helpful to the buyer

I like this added service. Just plug and play. Where are my LFP people? Time to go LFP at a cheap way.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 7:42pm On May 23, 2020
mahkanjuh:
Pls, house, what's your view on microtek inverter? Thanks sir n ma

Good very OK inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2020
The hisense I know is not energy efficient, picture is very bad, my LG UHD 49' was good but not as efficient as my Samsung 55' Quantum Dots. If you are not bother about picture quality and consumption buy hisense
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2020
5kva 48v Tactel hybrid inverter available, #320000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:59pm On May 23, 2020
160w felicity solar panel available, #22000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:01pm On May 23, 2020
100ah Capital battery available, #37000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:03pm On May 23, 2020
Solar Kettle available, #18000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:08pm On May 23, 2020
260w felicity solar panel available, #32000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:03am On May 24, 2020
mctfopt:

This tv is very popular outside of Naija. In fact in places like North America, TCL is the popular choice for most people.

That's interesting. Didn't know that TCL is such a popular choice.

My reservation though is that the quality of TCL products that will be produced for Nigerians and West Africa at large will definitely be substandard to that produced for North America. This is the same story with Samsungs and LGs produced for Africa.

But it's actually settling to know that TCL is a popular foreign brand. I had always thought that it is just some roadside Chinese cheapo like them "Djack, Hiview, Armani, MasterChef" and co TVs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:09am On May 24, 2020
microgiant:

I believe it should have, my search on google showed it among the least power guzzlers in test done

55" 4K UHD Smart TV | TCL C6 Series |
I read it is more energy efficient than the previous C5 series.

What can you deduce from this specs

Power Consumption (TV On) 140W
Power Consumption (Standby) ﹤0.5W
ECO Energy Efficiency Yes
Backlight Adjustable Yes (0~100)
Yeah, that adjustable backlight should do the magic. But the best objective way is to go armed with a wattmeter.

It is the cheapest, others - Sony and Samsung are between 30% - 50% higher in price

microgiant:
Also TV is on J U M I A so going with a watt meter to test is not possible.

That's the challenge with online purchases. Many of the vendors don't even know the importance and necessity of their diplayed products being energy efficient. Even when you visit the ones in walk in stores with your wattmeter, they look at you as if you want to perform some miracle.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:15am On May 24, 2020
Barezzi:

I sold this Tv the following day after buying it. I found out i couldn't install PLEX when i took it home. Very nice tv though.
As others have mentioned, I look out for energy savings option AND Plex capable.

If the OS on the TV is android, Plex should be available for installation from the play store na
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:23am On May 24, 2020
JUO:
The hisense I know is not energy efficient, picture is very bad, my LG UHD 49' was good but not as efficient as my Samsung 55' Quantum Dots. If you are not bother about picture quality and consumption buy hisense

A friend got a 42 inch "dumb" (non-smart) Hisense TV. Also on solar, he went Hisense because I got energy efficiency with my own Hisense.

Sadly his Hisense does not even have anything close to energy saving. I was shocked and angered at the same time to know that Hisense could produce such stupid specs in a TV in 2019 irrespective of it not being smart.

But my own energy efficiency is Top notch sha. That'swhy it's good to buy from walk in stores armed with kill-a-watt meter.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 8:36am On May 24, 2020
Pls house I have 5kva 24v inverter.and I want to use it for load of 3500watt how many battery and solar panels due I need to store it for it to work at least 12hrs.pls I need assistance thanks in advance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abigai(f): 8:38am On May 24, 2020
gud morning gurus, 300w and 150w solar panels which one is more effective, it because the person who installed my 300w/24v×3 panels said 150w panels are more effective. thanks n happy Sunday...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:16am On May 24, 2020
Abigai:
gud morning gurus, 300w and 150w solar panels which one is more effective, it because the person who installed my 300w/24v×3 panels said 150w panels are more effective. thanks n happy Sunday...

If there is no shade issue, both are the same. Though 300w may take lesser space.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:18am On May 24, 2020
emyfine08:
Pls house I have 5kva 24v inverter.and I want to use it for load of 3500watt how many battery and solar panels due I need to store it for it to work at least 12hrs.pls I need assistance thanks in advance

5kva @0.8pf is 4000w. At 3500w you have almost maxed out the inverter capacity. That is approximately 87% load on the inverter. The load is better off on a 10kva. Is there no way to lower this load as it is huge for renewable energy. Unless of course your pocket is as deep as they come. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2020
emyfine08:
Pls house I have 5kva 24v inverter.and I want to use it for a load of 3500watt how many battery and solar panels due I need to store it for it to work at least 12hrs.pls I need assistance thanks in advance

Hi, so many things are wrong with ur questions/intended setup. But let me try small to correct some pre-thought ideas.

1. You can not run a 3500w load on a 5kva inverter fa! "If" d inverter is so efficient, say 0.8 PF, u will have just 4000w inverter, and if it is 0.7 PF, u will be dealing with a 3500w inverter. So, u can't run that load on it. I am of the opinion of not running an inverter more than 50% of its rated capacity in watts, not Kva. But u can do a short period with it, say 70% capacity.
2. Do you intend to run that kind of massive load continuously for 12hr! why? U will need to sell kidney, heart, liver etc to do this off the grid.
3. If you insist, then ur inverter can not handle such load continuously.

Re-think what u want and we continue from there. But if u insist, let us know.

Edit: thanks Mctfopt, u started well.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2020
Happy EID MUBARAK to all my Muslim friends and customers.

MANUEL SOLAR ENERGY ENTERPRISES

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 1:37pm On May 24, 2020
microgiant:

Kindly share the energy consumption rate.
No idea. I sold it as soon as i got it. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 1:50pm On May 24, 2020
Pls what is the normal load for the 5kva inverter let me know
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 1:55pm On May 24, 2020
Oshomo12:

Thanks pls advise me more how du it
Hi, so many things are wrong with ur questions/intended setup. But let me try small to correct some pre-thought ideas.

1. You can not run a 3500w load on a 5kva inverter fa! "If" d inverter is so efficient, say 0.8 PF, u will have just 4000w inverter, and if it is 0.7 PF, u will be dealing with a 3500w inverter. So, u can't run that load on it. I am of the opinion of not running an inverter more than 50% of its rated capacity in watts, not Kva. But u can do a short period with it, say 70% capacity.
2. Do you intend to run that kind of massive load continuously for 12hr! why? U will need to sell kidney, heart, liver etc to do this off the grid.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 1:55pm On May 24, 2020
Abigai:
I don't understand are you comparing 150w to 300w or 150w x 2 to 300w?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 2:12pm On May 24, 2020
Oshomo12:

please what is normal load for the 5kv and how to go about it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 3:56pm On May 24, 2020
isco10:

Can a power bank power it? Does it have type c or USB input?

Still available:
Works with power bank and very energy efficient.
Going for 40k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2020
emyfine08:
please what is a normal load for the 5kv and how to go about it

Assuming a PF 0.8, 5kva becomes 4000w, 2000w continuous is ok, but u can get it up to 3000w for a very short time and not always.

If PF is 0.7, u will have it at 3500w, so, 1750w continuous is ok. And max of 2500w for a very short period.

Note: PF is Power Factor of the inverter.

What is the inverter brand self?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Leezah(f): 6:18pm On May 24, 2020
Please I need to do a solar inverter. I had like recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (1809) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Janyves(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.