Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2101847 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2020
Barezzi:
@NiyiOmoIyunade grin
This was taken yesterday morning.
It's quite interesting what one can do with emoncms and the plethora of data from my Victron inverter.

I'm going to add night and daytime energy consumption to decide which heavy loads i reaaaallly need to transfer to the Critical Loads DB
Night time = 5pm to 7am (currently averages 15kWh with one aircon on)
Daytime = 7am to 5pm (averages 15kWh as the Heavy Loads DB is currently off due to ongoing renovation works)

Cool, emoncms is a fantastic tool and recently I started playing with node-red on my pi3+ to automate some of my loads based on battery SOC.

That said @essegis if setting all these up from scratch sounds daunting. You may go the faster route below:

1. Acquire a pi3+ or pi4
2. Get a minimum of 32GB SD card (preferably class10 upwards)
3. Head to IC software dot co dot za to download the trial version of the ICC and if you like it, you can pay for a licence key.

The ICC software has a lot of stuff including emoncms already pre-installed and according to their documentation, it's compatible with victron and axpert inverters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N15,000
12v 150a.......N11,000
12v 100a.......N7,500
2v 500a.......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
I guess one would need to also invest in that switch that is so able to respond to command instructions right?

ojeysky:

Cool, emoncms is a fantastic tool and recently I started playing with node-red on my pi3+ to automate some of my loads based on battery SOC.

That said @essegis if setting all these up from scratch sounds daunting. You may go the faster route below:

1. Acquire a pi3+ or pi4
3. Head to IC software dot co dot za to download the trial version of the ICC and if you like it, you can pay for a licence key.

The ICC software has a lot of stuff including emoncms already pre-installed and according to their documentation, it's compatible with victron and axpert inverters.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
ojesymsym:
I guess one would need to also invest in that switch that is so able to respond to command instructions right?

Yup, I got the sonoff basic at 5.5k each, it's cheaper if you are buying in bulk and each of them has 2.2kw capacity so you can put suitably sized multiple load on a switch.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
This whole subject is a veritable rabbit hole to go down.

You can start with building a dashboard to monitor and log your solar generation and household consumption both locally and remotely.

To achieve this you would need a compatible inverter (e.g axpert type or Victron) or compatible Battery Monitor e.g BMV 7XX. For the solar generation side, a Victron MPPT or other device that supports ModBus TCP or MQTT or serial comms would work.

All the information that your devices spit can be aggregated and hosted on EmonCMS [will host whatever metric you can post and is free to use locally or pay per feed for the web accessible version] or PVOutput.org for the solar generation and a few other metrics.

In my case, I have many years of pro level programming for medium scale applications under the belt so I simply write my own custom Python scripts that take data from any devices (my Venus GX as central data aggregator) and posts it to any platform of choice. Thus I dispense with all the NodeRed, OpenHAB and other crutches that people are wont to use - IMAO too much overhead for a simple task as monitoring.

All these are best done via a minimalist always on and always online PC such as a RaspBerry Pi 3B+.

You get a dashboard such as the below and can change on the fly to suit any need. If you put it online, you can view your home system from anywhere in the world.

So you need to acquire a RaspBerry Pi preferably 3B+, you need a device with serial or RS485 or ModBus TCP or MQTT comms that you can harvest data from and then you need a place to store and view the data (EmonCMS for general monitoring, PVOutput for a more restricted/solar generation focused) solution.

The setup will be Device >> RaspBerry Pi >> Hosting Interface e.g EmonCMS. Your device can be inverter, battery monitor, GX device or charge controller or anything really so long as you are able to speak commands to it over the wire and have it obey or talk back to you

Credits to BigRovar for giving me the foundations upon which all my monitoring and logging solutions are built and I also call out Oga Barezzi to showcase some of those beautiful dashboards he has been playing with in secret.

Thanks for this reply baba. I have quickly grabbed it and gone to save it in my Telegram saved messages. Will try my best to follow the steps.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
ojeysky:

1. Acquire a pi3+ or pi4

Thanks bro.

In my search I saw some devices e.g. Sense. They had little clamp on meters where they get the current from and use that to do power and energy calculations. Looks like with you guys systems this is already settled with a BMV right?

I don go store your reply sharply oo. Remote monitoring has become a must for me as e be like say I don too dey disturb madam to go check things.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
essegis:

Thanks bro.

In my search I saw some devices e.g. Sense. They had little clamp on meters where they get the current from and use that to do power and energy calculations. Looks like with you guys systems this is already settled with a BMV right?

I don go store your reply sharply oo. Remote monitoring has become a must for me as e be like say I don too dey disturb madam to go check things.

Yeah there is BMV in the mix of my set-up, that's where I get reliable SOC of my battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
ojeysky:

Why do you need a balancer on 2x12v batteries in series for a 24v system? I fear that may be the source of the pro.

Thanks bro, tried responding yesterday but was banned for 24hrs. I thought as much too and when u mentioned it u Linda confirmed my fears. I took of the balancer and the battery has picked up, difference of .2v - .3v between the batteries which is quite acceptable.

But am also thinking the balancer might be bad, bought it 3yrs ago when I had problems with my batteries then and it worked quite well till almost at the 3nd when I threw out the batteries.

Now it seems to be doing the direct opposite. Has anyone experienced this before? cry cry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
justcallmenuel:
Fairly used Monbat batteries available, #85,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

These are tubular batteries, yea?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
This whole subject is a veritable rabbit hole to go down.

You can start with building a dashboard to monitor and log your solar generation and household consumption both locally and remotely.

To achieve this you would need a compatible inverter (e.g axpert type or Victron) or compatible Battery Monitor e.g BMV 7XX. For the solar generation side, a Victron MPPT or other device that supports ModBus TCP or MQTT or serial comms would work.

All the information that your devices spit can be aggregated and hosted on EmonCMS [will host whatever metric you can post and is free to use locally or pay per feed for the web accessible version] or PVOutput.org for the solar generation and a few other metrics.

In my case, I have many years of pro level programming for medium scale applications under the belt so I simply write my own custom Python scripts that take data from any devices (my Venus GX as central data aggregator) and posts it to any platform of choice. Thus I dispense with all the NodeRed, OpenHAB and other crutches that people are wont to use - IMAO too much overhead for a simple task as monitoring.

All these are best done via a minimalist always on and always online PC such as a RaspBerry Pi 3B+.

You get a dashboard such as the below and can change on the fly to suit any need. If you put it online, you can view your home system from anywhere in the world.

So you need to acquire a RaspBerry Pi preferably 3B+, you need a device with serial or RS485 or ModBus TCP or MQTT comms that you can harvest data from and then you need a place to store and view the data (EmonCMS for general monitoring, PVOutput for a more restricted/solar generation focused) solution.

The setup will be Device >> RaspBerry Pi >> Hosting Interface e.g EmonCMS. Your device can be inverter, battery monitor, GX device or charge controller or anything really so long as you are able to speak commands to it over the wire and have it obey or talk back to you

Credits to BigRovar for giving me the foundations upon which all my monitoring and logging solutions are built and I also call out Oga Barezzi to showcase some of those beautiful dashboards he has been playing with in secret.

True bros, IF all you want to do is see a bunch of data and like to dig into codes and commands when anything goes wrong as they often do. I was introduced to Home Assistant and Node Red by a gentleman (a super sys admin in my place of work) who was running his automation using python and emoncms. When he discovered Home Assistant and Node Red, he realized that they are better than hunting around Linux with commands.

The obvious advantage with these tools is that, like myself, you don't need super coding skills. You actually don't need to code at all. You also have visual cues and representations of what you are doing and getting. When things go wrong, you can easily see what the problems are and resolve them. Actually, these platforms are built on python, Home Assistant, Node Red, Openhab etc. They are like GUI for python scripts and what you get out of them are limited by your creativity.

Like I said, my Linux is very rudimentary, yet I'm able to use my Pi to interface through Bluetooth with my ANT BMS, all three of them, get their data, on continuous basis, and post them to Home Assistant for storage and display as you can see below.

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
odimbannamdi:

These are tubular batteries, yea?
No sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
150ah 12v Gacia battery available, #70,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Harzan(m): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Good evening all,
Pls can I have a review of GSR products from the house pls.
Anyone that have used either the battery or inverter system. Want to recommend their battery and also want to get 2.2kVA for myself.
Any info shared will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Late response here, but do you actually want to go via the internet? I'm guessing you're going through some form of public cloud? Personally, I don't like having a public cloud service open a tunnel the way most are wont to do.
Flashing Tasmota & going via MQTT keeps it local, and if you do need external access, i'd recommend some form of vpn to be setup. Just keeps you in charge completly.

ojeysky:

I have figured it out thanks to @ceaser and no I am not using the flashed version, I found a way to automate the R2 without needing to flash tasmota. Draw back is that it will rely on internet.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:02am On Aug 28, 2020
saint2ace:

Thanks bro, tried responding yesterday but was banned for 24hrs. I thought as much too and when u mentioned it u Linda confirmed my fears. I took of the balancer and the battery has picked up, difference of .2v - .3v between the batteries which is quite acceptable.

But am also thinking the balancer might be bad, bought it 3yrs ago when I had problems with my batteries then and it worked quite well till almost at the 3nd when I threw out the batteries.

Now it seems to be doing the direct opposite. Has anyone experienced this before? cry cry

Wow, nice one.
Whats the make of the balancer?...ha01 or ha02?
Perhaps you touched both ends together inadvertantly
@ojeysky, could you explain why balancer isnt needed for 2 battery in series
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:26am On Aug 28, 2020
earthrealm:

Wow, nice one.

Since it's just 2 cells of 12v of same life history in series without multiple Ps or Ss(e.g 48v) involved I don't see the need for a balancer in such a scenario; both ends of the charger terminates on either sides of the 2 batteries in case of 24v so I don't see why there should be an unbalance in such a scenario if everything is fine with the 2 batteries.

It's a matter of choice though but I don't see the advantage except that there may be a disadvantage in the case of a balancer that is failing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:39am On Aug 28, 2020
litaninja:
Late response here, but do you actually want to go via the internet? I'm guessing you're going through some form of public cloud? Personally, I don't like having a public cloud service open a tunnel the way most are wont to do.
Flashing Tasmota & going via MQTT keeps it local, and if you do need external access, i'd recommend some form of vpn to be setup. Just keeps you in charge completly.

Not just any cloud, I needed to connect to my eWelink Account, it's same thing I would have done on my phone if I needed to configure the default sonoff basic. It's the same thing you and I are doing when we connect to our mail service through a client (e.g phone app)

That said, I probably will flash tasmota in future but that will be to address situation where my internet connection is down.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 6:25am On Aug 28, 2020
earthrealm:

Wow, nice one.

I use the ha01 and about touching both ends together, I can't be sure to be honest, anything could have happened in the past 3yrs.

So I guess @ojeysky is right, the balancer might be failing or has failed...... Trash in here it comes grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2020
Heehee. Not quite same. With a mail client, you open a connection, fetch your mails and close same. For most devices control, a tunnel is open and same can be exploited to gain access to your internal network.
And if the internet is down, well...even a VPN won't help. Lol

ojeysky:

Not just any cloud, I needed to connect to my eWelink Account, it's same thing I would have done on my phone if I needed to configure the default sonoff basic. It's the same thing you and I are doing when we connect to our mail service through a client (e.g phone app)

That said, I probably will flash tasmota in future but that will be to address situation where my internet connection is down.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2020
litaninja:
Heehee. Not quite same. With a mail client, you open a connection, fetch your mails and close same. For most devices control, a tunnel is open and same can be exploited to gain access to your internal network.
And if the internet is down, well...even a VPN won't help. Lol

You are right mail may not be the best example, a third-party social media app may be a better example, but I should note that it connects securely (https) through the api to the eWelink server, that's the situation that my eWelink app on my phone will be anyway.
Ultimately it's not the best solution but it works for me until a time when I have enough motivation to flash tasmota grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:11am On Aug 28, 2020
The HA02s tend to fail randomly and you only get to know when they have [nearly] killed your battery.

Once we made these devices mainstream there was an influx of cheaper versions from questionable sources and everything went downhill from there.

Also the ability to truly balance batteries was actually limited as the circuitry cut out too early. They may help a good battery bank in great condition, they certainly won't save a failing battery bank.

My dissappointments made me work out a more reliable balancing method

saint2ace:

I use the ha01 and about touching both ends together, I can't be sure to be honest, anything could have happened in the past 3yrs.

So I guess @ojeysky is right, the balancer might be failing or has failed...... Trash in here it comes grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2020
Boss, I am not bashing node red or HA o.

I just said they were crutches for the newbies or DIYer who does not want to go to technical or into the backend of how things work.

Some of us actually like to code and get into the backend ops of stuff and if I can in a script of no more than 50kb achieve thesame results as Node Red and other platforms why sweat it? I have basically emailed my custom scripts to clients, used Teamviewer to remote logon to their PCs, SSHed into the connected RaspBerry Pi, PSCPed files from PC to Pi and setup automated monitoring within 1 hour all easy peasy. It could end up a lot more complicated if I used generalist software.

No need to install or setup node red or other elaborate stuff when all you are doing is reading output from a device and spitting it to database for processing - it is a minimalist approach that works well on a variety of platforms with zero hassle.

Along the line also rediscovered my love for Linux and shells from my network admin days back in 2007 so a win win all around.

The key is to use tools you are comfortable with and understand well to achieve your objectives. A higher goal is to gain extreme depth in the detailed inner workings of the devices you use/support. I am more inclined to the higher purpose as a techie person.

I recently had to write an interfacer to talk directly to PylonTech batteries over RS 232 serial. Till now there are no publicly available ready made software to do it and PylonTech is very close mouthed with their battery admin software.

There are benefits to using ready made tools where suitable but if you can code up a light weight better tool that thoroughly meets your specific needs, then amen and so be it!!! More learning and fun all around.

adrusa:

True bros, IF all you want to do is see a bunch of data and like to dig into codes and commands when anything goes wrong as they often do. I was introduced to Home Assistant and Node Red by a gentleman (a super sys admin in my place of work) who was running his automation using python and emoncms. When he discovered Home Assistant and Node Red, he realized that they are better than hunting around Linux with commands.

The obvious advantage with these tools is that, like myself, you don't need super coding skills. You actually don't need to code at all. You also have visual cues and representations of what you are doing and getting. When things go wrong, you can easily see what the problems are and resolve them. Actually, these platforms are built on python, Home Assistant, Node Red, Openhab etc. They are like GUI for python scripts and what you get out of them are limited by your creativity.

Like I said, my Linux is very rudimentary, yet I'm able to use my Pi to interface through Bluetooth with my ANT BMS, all three of them, get their data, on continuous basis, and post them to Home Assistant for storage and display as you can see below.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2020
ojeysky:

You are right mail may not be the best example, a third-party social media app may be a better example, but I should note that it connects securely (https) through the api to the eWelink server, that's the situation that my eWelink app on my phone will be anyway.
Ultimately it's not the best solution but it works for me until a time when I have enough motivation to flash tasmota grin

Actually, once you are connected to the internet, you are open to some risks. But, internet has become so important that the fear of intrusion shouldn't stop anyone from exploiting whatever it has to offer. One just need to practice commonsense security. Good passwords. Some firewalls, especially on the WAN side and avoid using your home network for storing anything critical. Though I try to protect my network, but I doubt if any intruder will find anything useful to other than switching on or off a few of my switches.

Even Tasmota also has an internet interface through which you can do OTA updates. And not connecting to the internet will deny you the ability to remotely login and control your system. And that is a major icing on the cake for me. I can remotely start charging with NEPA if the sun is not good enough. I can check to make sure that my water has pumped. I can even shutdown the TV when my children are spending too much time with. The possibility is endless.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
The HA02s tend to fail randomly and you only get to know when they have [nearly] killed your battery.

Once we made these devices mainstream there was an influx of cheaper versions from questionable sources and everything went downhill from there.

Also the ability to truly balance batteries was actually limited as the circuitry cut out too early. They may help a good battery bank in great condition, they certainly won't save a failing battery bank.

My dissappointments made me work out a more reliable balancing method

Words of wisdom if I might say so myself, thanks for Ur input. Could you however share the "reliable balancing method" as inferred by Ur post, am sure a lot of us would love to learn and probably save our precious battery banks......
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
After 8monyhs and these bars refused to drop...

... What does this mean (as I have been told and read that they need topping at least every six months).

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
adrusa:

Actually, once you are connected to the internet, you are open to some risks. But, internet has become so important that the fear of intrusion shouldn't stop anyone from exploiting whatever it has to offer. One just need to practice commonsense security. Good passwords. Some firewalls, especially on the WAN side and avoid using your home network for storing anything critical. Though I try to protect my network, but I doubt if any intruder will find anything useful to other than switching on or off a few of my switches.

Even Tasmota also has an internet interface through which you can do OTA updates. And not connecting to the internet will deny you the ability to remotely login and control your system. And that is a major icing on the cake for me. I can remotely start charging with NEPA if the sun is not good enough. I can check to make sure that my water has pumped. I can even shutdown the TV when my children are spending too much time with. The possibility is endless.

Absolutely Bro, thanks for talking about sonoff as that was what Ignited my curiosity. Now my freezer is permanently on and automatically turns off/on according to the status of my battery. Lots of possibilities with IOT. The reality is that if you want to enjoy automation with remote features one should not be scared of the internet, just be sure to isolate things as much as possible.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
adrusa:

I can remotely start charging with NEPA if the sun is not good enough. I can check to make sure that my water has pumped. I can even shutdown the TV when my children are spending too much time with. The possibility is endless.

Well, I like to use the web for controls too, but the problem of security is not something I wanna have to battle with. Even the security cams that I have installed only cover the premises, not inside the house as much as I would have loved to.

That is why I resort to using switches over GSM network providers. I may not have the privilege of continuous monitoring like it is with raspberry pi mini computers connected to the internet and stuff but at least I get to throw a few switches with phone calls and DTMF tones, SMS communication/control and get replies for status monitoring.

I think this is safer from hackers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
ceaser:

Well, I like to use the web for controls too, but the problem of security is not something I wanna have to battle with. Even the security cams that I have installed only cover the premises, not inside the house as much as I would have loved to.

Security is sure a concern but there are ways to reduce that which is by isolating and putting your critical/sensitive tools behind access rules (firewall). For instance the IP cameras in the room could be denied access to the internet while they keep doing that important job of surveillance (though that also require getting a non internet dependent cams)

That is why I resort to using switches over GSM network providers. I may not have the privilege of continuous monitoring like it is with raspberry pi mini computers connected to the internet and stuff but at least I get to throw a few switches with phone calls and DTMF tones, SMS communication/control and get replies for status monitoring.

That's is also some form of network you know wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
ceaser:

I have a few cameras inside my house. I like to be able to see round the house in the night or when not at home. I however avoided the rooms for obvious reasons. Again, I know it carries some risks, but then I'm not Bill Gates or Dangote or a big politician. I'm not entirely sure my risks are that high. Anyone who has the resources to break into my network to see me and my children watching TV is welcome. This not to say that I don't take security serious, I do.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
tonididdy:
After 8monyhs and these bars refused to drop...

... What does this mean (as I have been told and read that they need topping at least every six months).

open and visually confirm that the levels are ok. . and its not the indicator giving a false reading.

2ndly another possible cause is that your charge voltage is too low, this will make the battery sulphate. your absorb voltage should be 14.8v to 15v, while float should be 13.8v.
i hope you have changed that your old CC, cos i remember your saying that the charge voltage settings are not editable.

3rdly, use a hydrometer and ensure the specific gravity of the electrolyte is ok..do this check when they are fully charged

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
Barezzi:
@NiyiOmoIyunade grin
This was taken yesterday morning.
It's quite interesting what one can do with emoncms and the plethora of data from my Victron inverter.

I'm going to add night and daytime energy consumption to decide which heavy loads i reaaaallly need to transfer to the Critical Loads DB
Night time = 5pm to 7am (currently averages 15kWh with one aircon on)
Daytime = 7am to 5pm (averages 15kWh as the Heavy Loads DB is currently off due to ongoing renovation works)
pls which application did you use yo monitor your energy? I need s download app, my cc has network port but I don't know how to go by it.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 12:50am On Aug 29, 2020
earthrealm:

open and visually confirm that the levels are ok. . and its not the indicator giving a false reading.

2ndly another possible cause is that your charge voltage is too low, this will make the battery sulphate. your absorb voltage should be 14.8v to 15v, while float should be 13.8v.
i hope you have changed that your old CC, cos i remember your saying that the charge voltage settings are not editable.

3rdly, use a hydrometer and ensure the specific gravity of the electrolyte is ok..do this check when they are fully charged

Hi thanks for response.

Yes I visually confirmed all levels aren't false.
Also yes I have acquired an mppt CC.
Pls on the CC, what should be the adequate charge viltage on a sunny day?
(On a sunny day it displays 16 to 18v and range of 90 to 180something Watts on the CC PV LED INDICATOR.

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1716) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dollarnaira and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.