Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) (1604 Views)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Pls help review my new website / Please.... Review this site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2010
I wish to review my 2 websites, since the last review, i have made many changes suggested by yawatide, like reducing javascript
and more browser compatibility issues, then i have tried to cut down the images, but still maintained the looks.

The first website is .com
The second website is mwebng.net

Please review and post your review here, and let us discuss them. I dont insult in reviews, and i believe in taking to corrections.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 01, 2010
, is a good showdown of good skill of joomla!!!

Got some conventions there for a new site i am building, but was suprised today saw some tag abbi codes showing, correct that.

As for mediweb, it is simple but it's functionality is high-end
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 5:32am On Feb 01, 2010
Thanks for the review.  .com was designed using joomla, macromedia fireworks, dreamweaver cs4 and notepad++
I am not sure of the tags that were showing, however i am aware that sometimes some tags show as the counter is loading.
Please explain the tags that show, and possibly do a screencapture so i can correct it, and also try to copy the url so i can tell
what is going on.
Mediweb was just direct php combining dreamweaver with fireworks and notepad++ = just a simple site for information really.

abidemi has done some reviews yesterday on yim:
- He says the background of mwebng.net does not cover a 41'' screen but covers a 21'' screen
- Someone else says the forum should be converted to a proper webmasters forum

A friend commented that i should add some social networking widgets to extreme:
- facebook connect, twitter and many other social stuffs

I want you guys to comment on those, but i think i will go along with those reviews
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by mrperfect(m): 6:16am On Feb 01, 2010
The first site appears to be slow, may be this is because is a joomla, this is common thing about joomla.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 7:25am On Feb 01, 2010
That .com home page weighs 375 KB while mwebng.net weighs 38kb
I need to streamline the joomla stuffs that load on each of those pages. Some are completely
unnecessary. The thing is, i have tweaked so many joomla stuffs on , a few will
most likely not hurt.

Joomla tries to install all the possible scripts you will need on the site, and does not care if
you need it on that particular page or not.

Out of that 375, 120 KB goes to javascript that i did not even use at all, except maybe on the forum.

I will see what i can about that to improve on the speed. I have disabled the cache for now due to
the regular updates i have been doing on the site.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Afam(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2010
link=topic=390527.msg5424139#msg5424139 date=1265005530:

That .com home page weighs 375 KB while mwebng.net weighs 38kb
I need to streamline the joomla stuffs that load on each of those pages. Some are completely
unnecessary. The thing is, i have tweaked so many joomla stuffs on , a few will
most likely not hurt.

375 KB for a home page? There cannot be any justification for that as many people will not have the time to wait for the web page to load.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 9:47am On Feb 01, 2010
That is joomla for you. It was during this review that i decided to check it up and analyse it properly. It appears that some of those joomla components
installed some scripts and styles into the general template, even on pages that they are not being used.
I will correct those ones myself, i have done a full analysis of that home page. I did not notice it was that heavy, maybe because my internet speed is fast.
Ok, aside of the speed issue, what other things need correction. I will start fixing the bugs this evening.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by remoranger(m): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
Putting them here http://www.websitenigeria.com/Internet/ might do you some good. It Also shows up on twitter too. http://www.twitter.com/nigerianwebsite
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
iite man, i will keep that in mind.

i have reduced the size of the homepage of from 375KB to 164 KB
and generally reduced the sizes of other pages by tweaking alot of things.
And removing some unnecessary stuff, and yet, there is no change in the looks
or functionality of the site.
I will work on the other reviews later on today.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by william5: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
Header Text for Mediweb is not strong enough.
That's all cool
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2010
Please help your brother to suggest a stronger header. . .thanks, and please more reviews o.
And yes, i will thank quadrillo who helped correct some issues on mwebng.net, wrong placement
of comas
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
Yes, thats when it was loading, cause i checked it out and the tags where gone,
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 12:08am On Feb 02, 2010
That appeared to be part of the loading process of that vinora's visitor's counter. I will keep it in mind sha. Just a little laziness there. I don tweak too much things on this my site joomla.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 02, 2010
ehen, so why u no dey do hand work anymore?

And i really like your skill of ,
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by william5: 5:37am On Feb 02, 2010
is mediweb yours or that of a client? Because as a client's there is a limit as to how to work with the logo. Anyway you can sti ll enlarge the logo a bit and make it distinct from the background.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 6:14am On Feb 02, 2010
Donpuzo:

ehen, so why u no dey do hand work anymore?

And i really like your skill of ,
Thanks, I do handwork. If you have been following, i had to learn how to use joomla, there are some tasks that
are best done with joomla, and was my test on how well i can use joomla.
I liked the name better, and decided to develop it properly, so i went ahead to spice it up with a lot of
handwork. If you check that site carefully, you will notice that there are many things there that cannot
be done with just joomla. These dayz since i get alot of work, i needed to know how to use more stuffs.

So i use joomla mainly, and can now use dreamweaver cs4 very well, and use handcoding to cover whatever
those ones cannot do so that i get a good result at the end of the day.

will.i.am:

is mediweb yours or that of a client? Because as a client's there is a limit as to how to work with the logo. Anyway you can sti ll enlarge the logo a bit and make it distinct from the background.
It is mine, that was my former main site. I just decided to change the content a bit, since i have already moved most
of the main content into .com
I will do work on the logo - thanks
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2010
Men, respect that showdown of expertise and admire the level of zeal toward combining high end skills and tricks towards dynamicty, it show Nigerians can do great things and farmore i have followed you and seen you share a bit of similiarity with me, that is care for good cosing convention.

As i have put your works to test, in the coding angle, and it passed.

Ginjah ur swagger!!!
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 2:54am On Feb 03, 2010
Thanks. i am still battling with some client work, i will get back to my updates later in the week. And i am open to more reviews.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
I have added a background to mwebng.net for those using large screen. I did some analysis to know if the background will be ok for those 41'' screen - but i cannot view it - i tried my best to adjust my 21'' screen, but it was impossible.

I am working on the other updates, currently working on the logo for mwebng.net
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 04, 2010
Good for you
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 1:04am On Feb 09, 2010
I have done a new stronger header for mwebng.net - please check it out and comment.
Other updates will be coming small small, please bear with me.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 09, 2010
Guess you are really good at graphics,

Nice header, na the functionality me dey always look.

And you comply to that
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 09, 2010
Why the arrow in the black backdround header,

Made me try clicking it to see if something will happen, like a dropdown,

Think you should do away with that, cause that is kinda deceptive design, using graphics is not just it, using it to depict stuffs could be really best, the arrow depicts something,
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 09, 2010
You need a contact page, where proposed students ccan make contact requests,
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 09, 2010
Seen the contact page, try putting it up, cause many peeps may not see it,

Links below are like site maps and other stuffs
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 09, 2010
Your contact page is not validated back end,
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 09, 2010
Arrow keh? i dunno where that is, or i overlooked it. Please can you do a screen-capture and put a circle on where the arrow is.

And there is a contact page on the bottom right corner of the page. Maybe i should put that somewhere else, maybe on the registration page.
I will add a contact link there also.
That contact is just a simple one jare, i just made this mwebng.net a simple html information site, unlike . I will work on it.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 09, 2010
No capturre device,

But here is it, Home page a black background stuff comes next saying online web training,

There is an arrow there!!!
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by dhtmlextreme(m): 1:51am On Feb 09, 2010
aho, it took me awhile to figure out that was what you were saying. Ehm, i will keep that in mind. In my next upgrade, i will work on it.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 09, 2010
Ok. What about the contact page lack of vvalidation on the server side,

Solve it,
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 09, 2010
added some light server-sided validation there.
Re: Please Review My Websites (i Have Done A Few Upgrades) by mambenanje(m): 9:58am On Feb 09, 2010
all I can say is
I HATE JOOMLA

(1) (2) (Reply)

54643 / Ways To Optimizing Your Blogger Labels For Better SEO / Want To Start A Bulksms Business? Brand New Responsive Bulk SMS Website For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.