Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com (5849 Views)

Lalong Gives Ex-Governor Jang Two Weeks To Return “Stolen Money” / Gunmen Attack Governor Jang’s Village / Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Abeem(m): 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2010
Most people seldom speak the truth and usually take sides when religious issues are on the front burner. Pindar G Msheila happens to be an exception to the rule or in the language of the Statisticians, an outlier which you find occupying the tail of the bell curve.  As a Christian, he painted a horrid picture of the internecine conflict carried out by the Berom and the Angas people of Plateau State with the underwriting of expenses and tacit approval of Jang. Their goal was to exterminate the Hausa/Fulanis from the area.
http://www.saharareporters.com/articles/external-contrib/5004-governor-jang-is-ripe-for-international-criminal-court.html
Remove the religious bias from your eyes and heart and read on with an open mind.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Abeem(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
Not everyone is given to hypocrisy and religious bigotry. Msheila is a rarebred because his account is well-laid out and truthful.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2010
This utter nonsense.
Can a Birom/Angas man ever win political office in Bauchi?
Until we level the playing field it will never happen.

Embrace secularism if religion is the problem. Get rid of Sharia in the north, get rid of State of origin, get rid of government support of hajj/pilgrimages, get rid of rotational representation, get rid of government support of chiefs/emirs/church. Calling ourselves a democracy is a big misnomer.

The fact that Nassarawa/Kaduna have been conquered by Hausa/Fulani's, it will not Happen in Plateau mark my word.
The day I see an Igbo man governor of Lagos, or Hausa man house of representatives in Ebonyi State I will know that Nigeria is a democracy
Untill than this is utter nonsense
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by asha80(m): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2010
JosBoy4Lif:

This utter nonsense.
Can a Birom/Angas man ever win political office in Bauchi?
Until we level the playing field it will never happen.

Embrace secularism if religion is the problem. Get rid of Sharia in the north, get rid of State of origin, get rid of government support of hajj/pilgrimages, get rid of rotational representation, get rid of government support of chiefs/emirs/church. Calling ourselves a democracy is a big misnomer.

The fact that Nassarawa/Kaduna have been conquered by Hausa/Fulani's, it will not Happen in Plateau mark my word.
The day I see an Igbo man governor of Lagos, or Hausa man house of representatives in Ebonyi State I will know that Nigeria is a democracy
Untill than this is utter nonsense

Your dream is still too far away

Check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390220.0.html
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2010
asha 80:

Your dream is still too far away

Check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390220.0.html
Nigeria is special case because we all want to preserve culture, but I think the trade off is too big, its time to embrace democracy is it was meant to be

@
It was ludicrous for Msheila to come out with such verbosity on subject that seems he knows very little about. He had the nerve to say that Kano and Kaduna were examples of how crisis were abated properly. Godeforsakes in Kaduna and Kano they have areas of the city that are meant for non-indigenous people, so much for unity.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2010
Abeem

Your campaign on this issue is shameless and very disturbing
If anything it reflects more of what is wrong with our society and why we have not made progress and we will not make progress soon.

Do you have any proof of being this much excersized over the massacre of christains in Kaduna, Kano or Bauchi?

You know the more you and your ilks get more excersized you stoke up more hatred because we did not see this write ups when Christains were at the recieving end. Please just go an chill.

Your only regret here is Jonah Jang is not like the Gowons of this world. The people of Jos have woken up, they want their own identity, embrace civilization. The exploits of Uthman Dan Fodio to conguer others ended so many years ago.

You can not achieve that in this day and age, no matter how you disguise it. Jonah Jang will have a second term in Plateau and you can't do much about it.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Abeem(m): 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2010
JosBoy4lif
Politics is a game of numbers; and the majority holds the ace. I am assuming  from your postings that the Hausa/Fulanis want to exert control politically, and it can only be possible if they are have the numbers (majority) to claim victory in any election. If they are minority, that will not be possible.
If today’s Hausa/Fulanis who are resident in the land of the Beroms and Angas are in the majority (?), and they were born there (on account of migration of their ancestors to the area to work in the mine field), you cannot resort to extermination to reduce their majority because you regard them as “Settlers” and you don’t like their religion. They are free born of Plateau State and they have inalienable rights just like any other natives of the State. No government has the right to deny them the right as citizens of the State including the right to executive office.  
Your argument is puerile, barbaric and uncivilized and flies in the face of logic. Governor Jang will certainly have his day in court. He will be tried like fellow criminals like Milosevic and other war criminals.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Abeem(m): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2010
Mikeansy,
Sorry, I am not given to writing on sentiments. I write based on facts and as you know, facts are sacred but opinions are free. And please note, it is not my campaign, I just brought the article to the forum for Nairalanders to assimiliate and make contributions. Thank you.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2010
Abeem:

Mikeansy,
Sorry, I am not given to writing on sentiments. I write based on facts and as you know, facts are sacred but opinions are free. And please note, it is not my campaign, I just brought the article to the forum for Nairalanders to assimiliate and make contributions. Thank you.

Please kindly draw my attention to at least 3 threads you started when the Boko Haram Saga erupted in Bauichi or any other threads you started when there has been religious crisis in the North when Christains were at the recieving end.

There is no need blowing this out of proportion in a country where historically the Shekaruas of this world get away with their attrocities.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by sjeezy8: 11:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
all of you are sick in the head
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by superboi(m): 11:33pm On Jan 31, 2010
Abeem when your brothers and mine were bombing village with mi-35helicopter gunship last year did you cry genocide?
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by WilyWily5: 12:17am On Feb 01, 2010
Good will bless Gov Jang, Berom and Anga people for teaching Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulanis that language they understood.
Look at Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani opening their Gworo mouth saying, Christain indigenous owners of Jos committed genocide against them, I just dey laugh.
Those Goats should listen, Berom people didn't kill any Human being, rather they killed unwanted Goats.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by blacksta(m): 12:19am On Feb 01, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Good will bless Gov Jang, Berom and Anga people for teaching Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulanis that language they understood.
Look at Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani opening their Gworo mouth saying, Christain indigenous owners of Jos committed genocide against them, I just dey laugh.
Those Goats should listen, Berom people didn't kill any Human being, rather they killed unwanted Goats.

How many user names so far - another ban coming shortly - u hate infested foo l
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by WilyWily5: 12:30am On Feb 01, 2010
I'm Wilywily, i have been banned more than 15times.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Jaylon(m): 1:10am On Feb 01, 2010
Wily+Wily:

this guy sef na waa. What did hausa people do to you ?
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by edoyad(m): 1:14am On Feb 01, 2010
Go and live where they are when there is a religious misunderstanding and you'll know.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by naijaking1: 3:04am On Feb 01, 2010
@poster
If we try and possibly convict Jang for the Jos riot under his watch, who do we try for the riots in Bauchi, Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna, etc?
Long live Jang for defending his people!
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Ibime(m): 3:12am On Feb 01, 2010
Well, well, genocide is genocide and cannot be condoned.

Fear of domination in politics should be no excuse for carrying machetes to go and slaughter innocent women and children.

However justice is not selective. If Hausas want Beroms to produce Jang for trial, they should also produce all their mass murderers starting from 1960 till date.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Beaf: 3:43am On Feb 01, 2010
Just last year, the Niger Delta suffered losses of several thousand; notably in Gbaramatu (Warri South), where women, children and men who were attending a festival were shelled by warships from the sea, bombed from the air and straffed by helicopter gunships. The army is mainly led by the very people shouting genocide for the Jos riots, what goes around comes around.

The latest government offensive in the Niger Delta is the heaviest for several years, with 3,000 troops, two warships, 14 boats and at least four helicopter gunships moving into Gbaramatu Kingdom, an Ijaw region in the Western Delta near Chevron's Escravos oil facility.
http://www.afrika.no/Detailed/18394.html (you will notice that this news outlet is completly neutral).

The people of Gbaramatu are still awaiting justice for the genocide of May 15 2009. Who is consoling the innocent and long suffering women in the video below?

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7xzRApvw1k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

Along with Gbaramatu, how about Tombia, Odi and 48 other Niger Delta communities that have been reduced to dust in the past 10 years?
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by udezue(m): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2010
God Bless Jang, the Angas and Birom.

Keep licking ur wounds Abeem. Murder-happy no-good criminals. tongue
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2010
Abeem:

JosBoy4lif
Politics is a game of numbers; and the majority holds the ace. I am assuming  from your postings that the Hausa/Fulanis want to exert control politically, and it can only be possible if they are have the numbers (majority) to claim victory in any election. If they are minority, that will not be possible.
If today’s Hausa/Fulanis who are resident in the land of the Beroms and Angas are in the majority (?), and they were born there (on account of migration of their ancestors to the area to work in the mine field), you cannot resort to extermination to reduce their majority because you regard them as “Settlers” and you don’t like their religion. They are free born of Plateau State and they have inalienable rights just like any other natives of the State. No government has the right to deny them the right as citizens of the State including the right to executive office.  
Your argument is puerile, barbaric and uncivilized and flies in the face of logic. Governor Jang will certainly have his day in court. He will be tried like fellow criminals like Milosevic and other war criminals.

Please explain the bold part of your statement?

Their are LGA's in the far North in which Hausa/Fulani are the minority, but it would be impossible to elect a non-indigine there also.
All I am asking for is that we provide equality on both sides. Unlike you I have proffered solutions to the everlasting peace in Nigeria.

1) Get rid of state of Origin
2) Get rid of rotational representation
3) Get rid of government support of Hajj/Pilgrimage
4) Get rid of support of traditional rulers/churches/mosques
5) Embrace secularism and true democracy
6) Get rid of sharia (just as it is non-existent in Turkey on of the most modern Muslim nations)
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by EzeUche(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2010
JosBoy4Lif:

Their are LGA's in the far North in which Hausa/Fulani are the minority, but it would be impossible to elect a non-indigine there also.
All I am asking for is that we provide equality on both sides. Unlike you I have proffered solutions to the everlasting peace in Nigeria.

6) Get rid of sharia (just as it is non-existent in Turkey on of the most modern Muslim nations)

You had me supporting you until you said get rid of support of traditional rulers. This is something I cannot agree with you on. Traditional rulers are part of our culture and we need to support them. Even the Europeans still support their traditional rulers and their countries are doing well.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:32am On Feb 01, 2010
EzeUche:

You had me supporting you until you said get rid of support of traditional rulers. This is something I cannot agree with you on. Traditional rulers are part of our culture and we need to support them. Even the Europeans still support their traditional rulers and their countries are doing well.

The problem with traditional rulers vis-a-vis European Queens and Kings is surely a thing of numbers.
We just have t0o many that are not in congregation with each other.

Furthermore do you mean to tell me that the Kings and Queens of Europe still receive support from their governmental arm?
BTW my support is financial and power support. The fact that the Sultan of Sokoto wields immense political power flies in the face of democracy.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by EzeUche(m): 8:38am On Feb 01, 2010
JosBoy4Lif:

The problem with traditional rulers vis-a-vis European Queens and Kings is surely a thing of numbers.
We just have t0o many that are not in congregation with each other.

Furthermore do you mean to tell me that the Kings and Queens of Europe still receive support from their governmental arm?
BTW my support is financial and power support. The fact that the Sultan of Sokoto wields immense political power flies in the face of democracy.

Let me give you an example, the Royal Family of Great Britain are taken care of by the British taxpayers. That is government support and technically most European monarchs are ceremonial heads.

It would be UN-African to get rid of traditional rulers. This is our culture. Who said democracy is the best form of governance? angry
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by paragonpro: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2010
I did not want to get into this debate because i hate discussing tribal issues, but i agree 100% with JosBoy4Lif that we need to get rid of Traditional rulers or at least render them ceremonial only, because monarchy and democracy is like oil gunpowder and matches - they explode.

Who say monarchy is our culture- i laugh in Sumarian, Monarchy is the most primitive form of government and all societies start out monarchical. It is when the society advances that it gets rid of Monarchies or at least render them ineffective. Monarchical form of government is too unstable. All advances societies from England to china went through that evolution on their road to advancement.

In the case of Nigeria, apart from the instability it bestows on the nation, it is also a drain pipe on the economy. It is appalling that in addition to providing to the luxuries of over 500 legislators, we are also providing for the luxuries of hundreds if not thousands of unproductive monarchs and their institutions.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by WilyWily5: 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
Why i love Indigenous Christains owners of Jos and Berom people, they are not ready to Stand and look again while Moslem Killers move around massacring innocent people, Great Berom people are now ready to teach Fulani/Hausa moslems lesson they understood and latter deport them back to their home villages in Chad and Niger Republic,
Never again will Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulanic and their Fellow Moslem Terrorist, disturb the peace loving Beroms/Angas/Christains the real owners of Jos.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by ochukoccna: 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2010
The report if this pseudo Bauchi Christian is biased as I've read through it. I answer back in the words of Pa Adedapo Adeniran who is the oldest living old boy of Kings College and a social critic.

Considering the mentality-build up in the North, the Arabic propensity, for example, the Maitasine episode, the Akaluka murder, the women charged with adultery without taking into account the man with whom she was supposed to have committed the adultery with; then, the Miss World episode which had to be cancelled on account of the riot because it was going to take place in the North; all these happening in the North. Again, the cartoonist who drew something about Mohammed, the Boko Haram thing is also Islamic, it has been one too many. It’s unfortunate that Nigeria, which is a secular country, was catapulted into the Organization of Islamic Countries(ORC) without the consent of the people of the country. We see how youth corpers were killed in the North; they are not killed in the South. So, because of this Arabic propensity, perhaps, they want the whole country to be Islamized. But, unfortunately, this is absolutely impossible. I also think they believe they are somehow superior to the South, therefore, want the South to serve them in terms of providing all what they need. Even, all these South Asian countries believe Nigeria is an Islamic country.
So, government’s inability stems from the fact that power is in the North and some Southerners pander to the North for what they can get. They’re mercenaries. This has also been so, because the North detests the South. Before now, in the colonial times, every year, the Hausa killed the Igbo particularly. That’s why they call the Igbo Yamiri and the Yoruba, they call Banza. Then in the North, it was a yearly ritual. So what are we being together for, then?

I do not blood shed especially that steeped in ethnic agitations yet when you make peaceful change enforcement impossible, you make violent opposition a virulent virus. God help us all in 9ja seeing if He doesn't even hell fire 'll shiver @ the conflagration about to erupt in 9ja.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by ochukoccna: 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
Wily+Wily:

I'm Wilywily, i have been banned more than [size=15pt]15times.[/size]
Yepa! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
LMAO! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abeem.

The Mshelia guy that crawled out of a hole to write that purile rubbish in Sahara reporters is very dilusional to be mild.

Whatever violent death that comes the Hausa-Fulani way up in the North is more than deserved.

These animals have murdered too many innocent Christians and people of Southern Nigeria to start claiming victims after a couple of hundred of them have just been murdered so far.

They should keep shut until equal numbers amongst them have been murdered.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
EzeUche:

It would be UN-African to get rid of traditional rulers. This is our culture. Who said democracy is the best form of governance?  angry

Who said to get rid of the traditional rulers, what Iam proposing is that they are no longer supported by the government financially and wield no effective power. The reason why I say no financial support is because it is not right in a country rife with poverty the government can purposefully create a super-caste of endowed people.

@ Your 2nd Point - Democracy in theory is not the best form of governance, but it practice it is the BEST YES THE BEST.
And if you have any other forms of government that trump DEMOCRACY please mention them.

ilugunboy:

Abeem.

The Mshelia guy that crawled out of a hole to write that purile rubbish in Sahara reporters is very dilusional to be mild.

Whatever violent death that comes the Hausa-Fulani way up in the North is more than deserved.

These animals have murdered too many innocent Christians and people of  Southern Nigeria to start claiming victims after a couple of hundred of them have just been murdered so far. 

They should keep shut until equal numbers amongst them have been murdered.
This will not suffice as  solution for everlasting peace and unity in Nigeria. Think harder my brother
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by naijaking1: 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
JosBoy4Lif:

You make very good point, Josboy. Even getting rid of tradional rulers is a good idea. My only modification would be that people living in any given metropolis should have the option, every 10 years or so chose whether to have a traditional ruler or a mayor. Not all Africans want or like the idea of tradiotional rulers, eg, Igbos in particular have no serious need for traditional rulers and the dictatorial tendencies.
Re: Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com by onyengbu1(m): 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
However justice is not selective. If Hausas want Beroms to produce Jang for trial, they should also produce all their mass murderers starting from 1960 till date.
I concour!

Starting from all those who killed igbos in 1967 to Murtala Mohammed (karma has taken care of that one) and many others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? / Hypocrisy Of Peter Obi / It's Official!!! PDP Won Osun Bye-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.