Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,189 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

4 Quick Actions To Take When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Quick Actions To Take When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked (376 Views)

6 Awesome Actions That'll Get You Fresh and Accurate Blog Post Ideas / 4 Things You Must Do Immediately When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked / 9 Hidden Actions To Take Before You Hit The Publish Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Quick Actions To Take When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked by phidelity(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2017
Imagine a world without hackers, a world where your online credentials are safe and you need not to worry about your Facebook private chats & messages getting into the wrong hands, your contact list being deleted by a stranger, your Facebook page defaced, and your life ruined as a result of the impact.

Anyways, if your Facebook account has been hacked – never worry! You can quickly regain control by following the effective tips below.

1. Change your password and avoid using easily guessed information to make it up

If it turns out that the hacker has not changed your Facebook account password, God must be on your side! Be wise and quickly update your password before you log out unknown sessions (alerting the hacker will be your worst nightmare).

2. Use 'My Account is Compromised' link to report suspicious activities

If it comes to your notice that your friends are complaining of weird requests from your Facebook page, receiving strange adverts they never solicit and flooded with junk messages at certain intervals – it’s now more than a hack! Your account has been compromised. Go ahead and report your compromised account to Facebook team.

3. Get rid of harmful Third-Party applications

Many app vendors cannot be trusted as they can take advantage of access to your Facebook account authorized by you. Not all links or website which requires you to login their site using your Facebook account is safe. All i can say is surf the web with caution!

removing this suspicious applications on Facebook is easy as ABC, simply go to Settings > Apps. take time to note the apps and perform necessary actions. Hover an app with your cursor and you will see a pen icon representing Edit settings and X representing Remove. click the X, and confirm by clicking Remove.

4. Minimize Damage to your Reputation

By now, you should have regain control of your Facebook account but the after effect may still be there. It is wise you tell your friends what happened because they might have received spammed messages, pictures or strange request from the hackers thereby tarnishing your image.

You can pass the information via email, other social networks or contact a mutual friend to use his/her Facebook account to inform others.

Have your Facebook account ever been hacked? Please share with us in the comments. Don't forget to share this article with your friends if you found the tips helpful.

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Obinoscopy, Fynestboi, honsule, puskin, dragnet, adewasco2k, Slyr0x

READ MORE:

http://www.techisbae.com/2017/07/4-quick-actions-to-take-when-your-facebook-account-is-hacked.html

Re: 4 Quick Actions To Take When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked by DozieInc(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2017
Interesting write up.
Re: 4 Quick Actions To Take When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked by swiz123(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2017
If a hacker is jobless enough to hack into my account,i don't give a f.Nice write-up but it isn't for me tho cos ion care
Re: 4 Quick Actions To Take When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked by nomoless: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2017
I once got hacked, i had to change my password over and over b/f i could regain control.

(1) (Reply)

How to become a Blogging Marketer / Get Free Facebook Backlink For Free In 5mins / 16 Quick And Easy Tips To Increase Adsense CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.