Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment (525 Views)

I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment by Nairalandsss(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2017
We often wonder why men are scared of being committed. This has been a topic of discussion since ages. Freedom means different things for different men. For some, the main joy of a relationship is ‘challenge’. They happily pursue a woman as long as they don’t have her, but once they do, they start feeling suffocated. Once the woman gets serious in the relationship, men tend to feel trapped and imprisoned. They often feel that once the woman has them, they would turn into puppets and lose masculinity. It is generally more about power game. The one who is stronger is the one who needs less.

These men need to be in control of their power as the feeling of dependency starts to grow. This makes them feel less attached to the other person and results in a breakup. Here are some reasons behind men are scared of commitment.

Reasons behind men are scared of commitment are:

1.He Is Never Ready For The Next Step: When men generally hear the word ‘commitment’, they immediately picture their freedom being taken away. They tend to imagine being surrounded by commitments and responsibilities. This scares them from getting committed.

2.There Is Somebody Else: Men love to flirt; they try to maintain the same level of relationship with many partners without getting committed to any one of them. Committing to a single person might take away their freedom. So, they avoid it. This is one of the main reasons why men are scared of commitment.

3.Focused On Priorities: If a guy is focused on his goals and priorities, there are chances that he might feel he is still not ready for commitment. He will be okay with a few phone conversations and a few movie dates. He will generally be clear in his words before committing anything. One needs to respect that.

4.Scared Of Being Hurt: If he has had a bad past, he will be hesitant towards being committed. He may fear that he may go through the same pain and agony even with you. This is one of the main reasons for him to back out.

5.Too Much Pressure: One can never force the other person to be in a relationship. Constantly nagging and bugging your boyfriend about commitment may backfire. You can talk about your desire for a long term relationship only when you see him get serious about you. Otherwise, you would just jack yourself.

These are the reasons behind men are scared of commitment.

Re: Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment by HungerBAD: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2017
Good points.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment by dangotesmummy: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
And they are genuine reasons too

Look the world has changed and very rapidly too.blame it on globalization and modernization. Men can eat their cake and have it.they can have all the benefits of marriage and not be married .

A footballer has children with different surrogate moms he paid to have his children and he's not married to them or any of them.women have made marriage very unappealing to men and men have varieties of options other than marriage.

A man can sleep with a thousand and one women,have children, have people who cook for him ,have professional financial advisers and managers,have people to Cook for them,have p.a's so why will they marry especially when they have money

Honestly I'm reasoning with men.marriage is boring to them and women aren't helping matters

A man will come back from work to come and rest in the house he used his money to build only to meet a woman who will nag him to frustration, depression or violence

Women are the same people who will use their children against their father

In the west women will take the Mans house from them and send them to jail over a flimpsy reason

In Africa a woman will financially or emotionally wreck the man. A man that married a girl 2 yrs ago will become lile mama after few yrs in marriage and he cannot sleep with another woman otherwise he will be labelled cheater,marriage basically controls and tames everything about a mans life.his money,sexuality,space,peace etc so maybe just maybe if these things change men will find marriage attractive however I don't think so
Re: Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment by simplyhonest(m): 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
lets face facts... real men are not scared of commitment, it's "boys" you are referring to...
Re: Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment by Evablizin(f): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Make sense
Re: Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
dangotesmummy:
And they are genuine reasons too

Look the world has changed and very rapidly too.blame it on globalization and modernization. Men can eat their cake and have it.they can have all the benefits of marriage and not be married .

A footballer has children with different surrogate moms he paid to have his children and he's not married to them or any of them.women have made marriage very unappealing to men and men have varieties of options other than marriage.

A man can sleep with a thousand and one women,have children, have people who cook for him ,have professional financial advisers and managers,have people to Cook for them,have p.a's so why will they marry especially when they have money

Honestly I'm reasoning with men.marriage is boring to them and women aren't helping matters

A man will come back from work to come and rest in the house he used his money to build only to meet a woman who will nag him to frustration, depression or violence

Women are the same people who will use their children against their father

In the west women will take the Mans house from them and send them to jail over a flimpsy reason

In Africa a woman will financially or emotionally wreck the man. A man that married a girl 2 yrs ago will become lile mama after few yrs in marriage and he cannot sleep with another woman otherwise he will be labelled cheater,marriage basically controls and tames everything about a mans life.his money,sexuality,space,peace etc so maybe just maybe if these things change men will find marriage attractive however I don't think so
And while you're busy digging out the reasons as to why men are scared of marriage. Some are happily getting married on daily basis, while those who've, are living peacefully in it. Let's try to see the positive side of things.

Op, nice points, btw.
Re: Why Men Are Scared Of Commitment by dangotesmummy: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
Benita27:
And while you're busy digging out the reasons as to why men are scared of marriage. Some are happily getting married on daily basis, while those who've, are living peacefully in it. Let's try to see the positive side of things.

Op, nice points, btw.
woman I have made my point and you don't have to agree with me.to each his or her own.everyone cannot be married.some are lucky to enjoy a good drama free marriage some aren't. Believe whatever you want to believe because some are better of married and some are going to be very dangerous to whoever they marry.
I WISH THOSE WHO ARE getting married tomorrow and every Saturdays well but I am eating my cake and also having it
EOD!

(1) (Reply)

A Twisted View Of Marriage!!! / News - Pastor Was Caught In A Bedroom With A Police Officer Wife / Make Money With Your Kids As Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.