Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,869 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea (3106 Views)

My Girlfriend Just Infected Me With Gonorrhoea / Gonorrhoea Is Becoming Untreatable, WHO Warns / Warning As MouthAction Spreads Untreatable Gonorrhoea Resistant To Antibiotics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by Fearlez: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
MouthAction is producing dangerous gonorrhoea and a decline in condom use is helping it to spread, the World Health Organization has said.
It warns that if someone contracts gonorrhoea, it is now much harder to treat, and in some cases impossible.
The sexually transmitted infection is rapidly developing resistance to antibiotics.
Experts said the situation was "fairly grim" with few new drugs on the horizon.
About 78 million people pick up the STI each year and it can cause infertility.
The World Health Organization analysed data from 77 countries which showed gonorrhoea's resistance to antibiotics was widespread.
Dr Teodora Wi, from the WHO, said there had even been three cases - in Japan, France and Spain - where the infection was completely untreatable.
She said: "Gonorrhoea is a very smart bug, every time you introduce a new class of antibiotics to treat gonorrhoea, the bug becomes resistant."
Worryingly, the vast majority of gonorrhoea infections are in poor countries where resistance is harder to detect.
"These cases may just be the tip of the iceberg," she added.
Throat infection
Gonorrhoea can infect the genitals, rectum and throat, but it is the last that is most concerning health officials.
Dr Wi said antibiotics could lead to bacteria in the back of the throat, including relatives of gonorrhoea, developing resistance.
She said: "When you use antibiotics to treat infections like a normal sore throat, this mixes with the Neisseria species in your throat and this results in resistance."
Thrusting gonorrhoea bacteria into this environment through MouthAction can lead to super-gonorrhoea.
"In the US, resistance [to an antibiotic] came from men having sex with men because of pharyngeal infection," she added.
A decline in condom use, which had soared because of fears of HIV/Aids, is thought to help the infection spread.

Symptoms can include a thick green or yellow discharge from sexual organs, pain when urinating and bleeding between periods.
However, of those infected, about one in 10 heterosexual men and more than three-quarters of women, and gay men, have no easily recognisable symptoms.
Untreated infection can lead to infertility, pelvic inflammatory disease and can be passed on to a child during pregnancy.

Source: The BBC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
So people must stop mouth action if the epidemic must be curtailed, right, OP, since that seems to be the only obvious preventive measure? Or what do you think?
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 701ecilana: 9:23am On Aug 19, 2017
Fearlez:
MouthAction is producing dangerous gonorrhoea and a decline in condom use is helping it to spread, the World Health Organization has said.
It warns that if someone contracts gonorrhoea, it is now much harder to treat, and in some cases impossible.
The sexually transmitted infection is rapidly developing resistance to antibiotics.
Experts said the situation was "fairly grim" with few new drugs on the horizon.
About 78 million people pick up the STI each year and it can cause infertility.
The World Health Organization analysed data from 77 countries which showed gonorrhoea's resistance to antibiotics was widespread.
Dr Teodora Wi, from the WHO, said there had even been three cases - in Japan, France and Spain - where the infection was completely untreatable.
She said: "Gonorrhoea is a very smart bug, every time you introduce a new class of antibiotics to treat gonorrhoea, the bug becomes resistant."
Worryingly, the vast majority of gonorrhoea infections are in poor countries where resistance is harder to detect.
"These cases may just be the tip of the iceberg," she added.
Throat infection
Gonorrhoea can infect the genitals, rectum and throat, but it is the last that is most concerning health officials.
Dr Wi said antibiotics could lead to bacteria in the back of the throat, including relatives of gonorrhoea, developing resistance.
She said: "When you use antibiotics to treat infections like a normal sore throat, this mixes with the Neisseria species in your throat and this results in resistance."
Thrusting gonorrhoea bacteria into this environment through MouthAction can lead to super-gonorrhoea.
"In the US, resistance [to an antibiotic] came from men having sex with men because of pharyngeal infection," she added.
A decline in condom use, which had soared because of fears of HIV/Aids, is thought to help the infection spread.

Symptoms can include a thick green or yellow discharge from sexual organs, pain when urinating and bleeding between periods.
However, of those infected, about one in 10 heterosexual men and more than three-quarters of women, and gay men, have no easily recognisable symptoms.
Untreated infection can lead to infertility, pelvic inflammatory disease and can be passed on to a child during pregnancy.

Source: The BBC
Wetin dey sweet dey kill pesin . shocked shocked

Sometimes i imagine who first thought to use his mouth instead of his leg for this enjoyment cheesy

I think the first dude to do this must be gay. lipsrsealed
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by Emmanystone: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
I sent you a mail, pls reply. Ana.
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
Emmanystone:
I sent you a mail, pls reply. Ana.

Analice107 how far?
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 1:23am On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

Analice107 how far?
Am fine. And?
Try harder. follow me about hoping you'd dig up dirt. Unlike you, am not a lesbian, am not a striper, am not a thief, and am definitely not a prostitute.

My life is an open book for everyone here to see. If you can come a bit close to being like me, Reveal a little about your life let the world see. Mine is open before you. If you are even 5% clean, open up, it's a challenge.

What is your name?

1 Like

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 1:49am On Sep 05, 2017
analice107:

Am fine. And?
Try harder. follow me about hoping you'd dig up dirt. Unlike you, am not a lesbian, am not a striper, am not a thief, and am definitely not a prostitute.

My life is an open book for everyone here to see. If you can come a bit close to being like me, Reveal a little about your life let the world see. Mine is open before you. If you are even 5% clean, open up, it's a challenge.

What is your name?

Why are you denying being emmanystone? You have been caught red handed, give it up
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 11:11am On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

Why are you denying being emmanystone? You have been caught red handed, give it up
I am Emmanystone, now do what you think you can do. Am waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
analice107:

I am Emmanystone, now do what you think you can do. Am waiting for you.

I will keep mentioning 4evergod name as a scammer. What you gonna do?
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

I will keep mentioning 4evergod name as a scammer. What you gonna do?
If you have what it takes, put your name here and see what i can do. Enough of talking. Go ahead and put your name.

1 Like

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
analice107:

If you have what it takes, put your name here and see what i can do. Enough of talking. Go ahead and put your name.

Dey there
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

Dey there
Am waiting.
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
analice107:

Am waiting.

Wait till Jesus comes, it's not long apparently.

1 Like

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

Wait till Jesus comes, it's not long apparently.
Sharon, wen I was your age, i was a stunner. i turn heads. You say am in my middle age? and I look like that? Will you look as close when you get to 35? Oh wait!!!!!, You won't get to 35.
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
analice107:

Sharon, wen I was your age, i was a stunner. i turn heads. You say am in my middle age? and I look like that? Will you look as close when you get to 35? Oh wait!!!!!, You won't get to 35.

Damn girl..you're angry grin. Its corrosive

Middle aged is for someone in their 40s isn't it? What's wrong about that?
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

Damn girl..you're angry grin. Its corrosive

Middle aged is for someone in their 40s isn't it? What's wrong about that?
Isn't it a curse again? You'll never get there.

1 Like

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2017
analice107:

Isn't it a curse again? You'll never get there.

If I act like you at 40, I hope to never get there.

Bunch of cowards like you that are scared of death and project it onto others by threats.

You don't want to die but want to go to heaven
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

If I act like you at 40, I hope to never get there.

Bunch of cowards like you that are scared of death and project it onto others by threats.

You don't want to die but want to go to heaven
See Skunk. Biko turn your ass to the other side, the stench is killing me.

Am projectin death to you? You are minor when it comes to people i'd want dead. What will your death benefit me? Unlike you evil agent, am not interested in people dying, but in justice.

If you sin, repent or be punished for it. But you are a wicked bitter vindictive worm who only has guts to make noise only behind a phone bought with the gains of prostitution.

Do not think everyone will be like you. Smelling skunk.

1 Like

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
[s]
analice107:

See Skunk. Biko turn your ass to the other side, the stench is killing me.

Am projectin death to you? You are minor when it comes to people i'd want dead. What will your death benefit me? Unlike you evil agent, am not interested in people dying, but in justice.

If you sin, repent or be punished for it. But you are a wicked bitter vindictive worm who only has guts to make noise only behind a phone bought with the gains of prostitution.

Do not think everyone will be like you. Smelling skunk.
[/s]

It has been fun trolling you tongue till next time
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:
[s][/s]
It has been fun trolling you tongue till next time
Get off the pole and get serious with your life. Jesus is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
analice107:

Get off the pole and get serious with your life. Jesus is coming soon.

Ok
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
1Sharon:

Ok
Good. It was good bantering you tho.
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 1:18am On Sep 06, 2017
This should make fp grin

Cc lalasticlala, myndd44, seun
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by adepeter2027(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2017
Butterflylion, frank317

They yaff continued round 5 of the beef on this thread.

Hopefullandlord, how far naw cheesy
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by Candyrain(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2017
analice107:

Good. It was good bantering you tho.

Good day.
Don't be shocked by the question I'm about to ask you. Who are you please? I've been going through the thread by Charles on seeing demons, angels and your contributions there have greatly inspired and blessed me. I dropped you a mail, would like to have a discuss with you. Thanks
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by 1Sharon(f): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2017
adepeter2027:
Butterflylion, frank317

They yaff continued round 5 of the beef on this thread.

Hopefullandlord, how far naw cheesy

Bros how you find us herr
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by adepeter2027(m): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2017
1Sharon:

Bros how you find us herr
I Dae follow you on NL naw (following & followers)
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
Candyrain:

Good day.
Don't be shocked by the question I'm about to ask you. Who are you please? I've been going through the thread by Charles on seeing demons, angels and your contributions there have greatly inspired and blessed me. I dropped you a mail, would like to have a discusstrong with you. Thanks
I have replied twice to your mail, but they keep returning back to my box.
I don't know what's wrong.
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by Candyrain(m): 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
analice107:

I have replied twice to your mail, but they keep returning back to my box.
I don't know what's wrong.

Thanks for acknowledging my mail.
Can't explain why but maybe you should try one more time and let's see what happens
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
Candyrain:

Thanks for acknowledging my mail.
Can't explain why but maybe you should try one more time and let's see what happens
or you give me your email here.
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by Candyrain(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
analice107:

or you give me your email here.

Ok
Re: MouthAction Now Responsible For Super-gonorrhoea by analice107: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
Candyrain:

I have sent a mail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Men Contact Toilet Infection? / OHAI Africa Campaign Against Noma (cancrum Oris) Disease (Graphic images) / COVID-19 Update For December 5 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.