Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC (2123 Views)

N-Power Volunteers Storm Father Mbaka's Church In Enugu, Beg For State Jobs / N-Power About To Deploy 300000 Participants. Please Follow The Steps Below / FG Set To Employ 300,000 Graduates For 2nd Phase Of N-power Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by hadex90(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
i dnt know why we Nigerians cannot think and provide lasting solutions to our problem. Nysc is a scheme that most of us think should be scrapped, the scheme is neither beneficial to either the corp members or the Nation; most of us just collect the government allowance without giving anything in return. Now N-power is here again with almost the same service. instead of the government giving us a good job after NYSC, they created N-power that offer #30k monthly. please help me judge this, i gained admission at age 18 for a 5yrs course plus strike i graduated at age 24, some school are so stupid that they dnt post u for service immediately i finally finish serving at age 26, then instead of getting a good job with good pay and start thinking of settling down, u told me to come and do N-power again with 30k stipend. Abeg when am i going to settle down?. its time for us to start thinking for ourselves government have nothing to offer us.

8 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Ezigboune: 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2017
Exactly what I have been thinking undecided

6 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Aonkuuse(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Please nigga n-power is not compulsory it is left for you to take it or leave it, or do you think in USA, CHINA or developed countries graduates don't look for jobs? Your destiny is in your hands not in the hands of the government

7 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by hadex90(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
Aonkuuse:
Please nigga n-power is not compulsory it is left for you to take it or leave it, or do you think in USA, CHINA or developed countries graduates don't look for jobs? Your destiny is in your hands not in the hands of the government
in the developed countries,graduate look for jobs but government make the environment suitable for job seekers. i dnt depend on govt though, just saying n-power is nt d solution to job creation in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by FrostGiant: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
Is it ur N-Power

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Aonkuuse(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
hadex90:
in the developed countries,graduate look for jobs but government make the environment suitable for job seekers. i dnt depend on govt though, just saying n-power is nt d solution to job creation in Nigeria
but atleast it has made an impact
Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by hadex90(m): 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
Aonkuuse:
but atleast it has made an impact
we have been so used to wrong in this country that we dnt knw wat right is again.

6 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Sammiel: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
Although I quite agree with you that the scheme can not guarantee a bright future for the participants, it is far better than not having anything doing. As far as I am concerned, this scheme is one of the most laudable achievements of this present Buhari-led APC government. The essence of the scheme is to engage the youths temporarily while they search for permanent jobs. Just like someone rightly commented above, you may choose not to apply at all or even discontinue or terminate your current application at will.
God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by able88(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
its a nice scheme but they need to increase the stipend to at least 50k so that OP will complain less.
But if I may ask, which job will you get as a fresh graduate that's guaranteed of more than 50k?

1 Like

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Calyb(m): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
your destiny is in your hands not in the hands of the government.
Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by hadex90(m): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
able88:
its a nice scheme but they need to increase the stipend to at least 50k so that OP will complain less.
But if I may ask, which job will you get as a fresh graduate that's guaranteed of more than 50k?
stil because of the situation of the country. as a fresh graduate, u are nt suppose to think abt anything less than 80k. we use to hear our fathers when they they talk abt their time as a graduate

1 Like

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by wajek4me: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
N-power is an opportunity for single un-employed youth to think outside the box,save part of the stipend,and invest in a small scale business that can @ least put food on the table.

3 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
After six wasted years in the hands of an ogogoro master, we thought the saviour had come only to fall into the hands of a clinically dead man.

What kind of rubbish country is this?

3 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
These politicians know Nigerians and they know them well. What happened to youwin and all those their SME empowerment schemes... This Npower is non better. It's even worse than NYSC. Ok, let's agree military training is important. What's the use of NPower, what's the use of the device being shared? How many of these politician's children graduate and register to "work" for Npower. OP, many will come insult you because they do not reason like you. Just as I have never been a fan of NYSC, I will never be a fan of any scheme that does not see to industrialisation and technology advancement. It's a multiplier of poverty and only for a few to enrich themselves. There are no tangible skills gained that fits into the global economy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by hadex90(m): 12:53am On Jul 09, 2017
wajek4me:
N-power is an opportunity for single un-employed youth to think outside the box,save part of the stipend,and invest in a small scale business that can @ least put food on the table.
Its a pity that most Nigerian Youths have been brain washed. save out of 30k in 30days? i bet most of u still feel it ok for ur parent to feed u at this age

2 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by hadex90(m): 12:58am On Jul 09, 2017
majekdom2:
These politicians know Nigerians and they know them well. What happened to youwin and all those their SME empowerment schemes... This Npower is non better. It's even worse than NYSC. Ok, let's agree military training is important. What's the use of NPower, what's the use of the device being shared? How many of these politician's children graduate and register to "work" for Npower. OP, many will come insult you because they do not reason like you. Just as I have never been a fan of NYSC, I will never be a fan of any scheme that does not see to industrialisation and technology advancement. It's a multiplier or poverty and only for a few to enrich themselves. There are no tangible skills gained that fits into the global economy.
thank u my brother, i am scared that this country has no great future seeing its youth still think this way.

1 Like

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by optimism4reel(m): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2017
You are very right, we needs to wake-up and do the right thing during the election time.

For you, we needs to play part in decision making in our nation.
Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
hadex90:
thank u my brother, i am scared that this country has no great future seeing its youth still think this way.
A poor man is subject to mental slavery. The question the youths should ask is, do these politicians ever want them to do well. The answer is a big No. The average blackman does not want another to succeed. Thats why we are still where we are. See what happened in China. The government opened facilities where the youth can learn skills on how to make and assemble stuffs. Starting with calculator and likes. Now, see where they are. Can't the government do same with all these money they are paying as allawee and stipend. Establish furniture making factories for instance, let the youth learn how to build in these factories , then the people use it ... But no, the politicians have their shares in the companies that import. When I look at the situation I can but shake my head. The reality is, many don't even understand the situation of things. If they think that one breakthrough Job will come whilst doing N power, they are wasting their time. More graduates are churned out every year. Over the past decade, Nigeria has had more graduates churned out with no institutions to asborb them. After democracy was announced in 1999, it opened space for both foreign and indigenous investors. Government agencies were created.. PPRA, EFCC, ICPC, NDDC and many others, banks, Oil and gas... name it. But over the last 10 years. How many new banks have we, how many parastatals. Thanks to investors that invest in start ups. But a start up operates very lean and most times does not employ in mass. Oil price has declined, there is recession more lay offs than recruiting and the youths can't think a way out other than stipend. There is a popular saying.. teach me how to fish, don't give me the fish.

2 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by Tizzyreal: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
Are you a nice writer?, get paid $100-$300 per article. See seven Sites now hiring writers worldwide. Read and share http://theblueapplepath..com
Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by biuti(f): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
hadex90:
Its a pity that most Nigerian Youths have been brain washed. save out of 30k in 30days? i bet most of u still feel it ok for ur parent to feed u at this age

Bro, It seems you're rich already. Don't be surprised that some people can save up to #20,000 out of the monthly #30k. Many graduates live on less than #10,000 a month, poverty can make one a good financial manager.

I once saw a post on here where someone was begging for #30,000 loan, do you think such person would hate the idea of npower?

What some people need to establish themselves is not millions, small business started with small capital can grow into big one.

2 Likes

Re: N-power Another Stupid Scheme Like NYSC by adeyinkao28(m): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2017
biuti:

Bro, It seems you're rich already. Don't be surprised that some people can save up to #20,000 out of the monthly #30k. Many graduates live on less than #10,000 a month, poverty can make one a good financial manager.

I once saw a post on here where someone was begging for #30,000 loan, do you think such person would hate the idea of npower?

What some people need to establish themselves is not millions, small business started with small capital can grow into big one.
actually that is what federal govt should have done instead of Npower, imagine someone begging for a loan of 30k if such person laid his hand on 200k what do u think hes going to achieve with that? govt should think more on empowering the youth like someone said above "teach me how to fish..." and mind u we are not talking about empowering without funding...

#this is OP seems Nairaland have baned me from comenting on this post

(1) (Reply)

Gtb Calling / Apm Terminals / Vacancies At Stag Engineering (nigeria) Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.