Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk (6788 Views)

Wole Soyinka Wails On BBC Hardtalk: Buhari Has Failed / Biafra: A Yoruba Muslim Response To Bbc Hardtalk On Why Igbo's Are Angry With Ni / Obasanjo On BBC Hardtalk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Integrityfarms(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
A historic national disgrace. This is just the beginning of the disgrace of deception

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by rumours: 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
Listening to the chief of army staff stutter and evade questions on BBC that day was so disappointing. Buratai was so economical with the truth and couldn't even articulate his thoughts very well.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by belente(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
See big olodo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by IslamicRebel: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
These are the people Yorubas worship.

Yorubas see your zoo army chief.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by 989900: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
Buratai did well:70%
Buratai's clog was trying to answer political questions which he could have deflected, as he is in no position to be responsible for answers to those questions especially publicly.
Buratai is a military man, trained to wage war; not a diplomat, journalist, or the like. . . Vs. Steve couldn't have been easy for him.

Steve was an asshole for the larger part cutting in and crap, wanting Buratai to be responsible for not ending terrorism in Nigeria, the same terrorism that Britain and the whole of Europe, the US, and the world at large struggle with (personally, I get scared any time I visit the UK and ever have to get on a London bus since 2005 . . . taking into account the bombings and other attacks on it).

Buratai's Achilles was the Dubai properties which he has never handled right from the get-go.

I watched the full interview twice.

P.S. The Nigerian Army has a long way to go on human rights though (it's a work in progress . . . good to put the pressure on them)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by pacino26(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
989900:
Buratai's clog was trying to answer political questions which he could have deflected, as he is in no position to be responsible for answers to those questions especially publicly.
Buratai is a military man, trained to wage war; not a diplomat, journalist, or the like. . . Vs. Steve couldn't have been easy for him.

Steve was an asshole for the larger part cutting in and crap, wanting Buratai to be responsible for not ending terrorism in Nigeria, the same terrorism that Britain and the whole of Europe, the US, and the world at large struggle with (personally, I get scared any time I visit the UK and ever have to get on a London bus since 2005 . . . taking into account the bombings and other attacks on it).

Buratai's achiles was the Dubai properties which he has never handled right from the get-go.

70% �

Though he is a combatant I mustn't fail to remind you that we're not at war and being the COAS requires a very high degree of diplomacy.

Need I remind you also that most field decision do pass a level of bureaucracy too. He is no longer wielding weapons but bridging the gap between the one carrying the guns and the people providing the target and weapons.

He performed poorly and this further shows the level of unprofessionalism in the Army and their likes. You don't kill who you swore to protect on mere provocation, you don't starve your men out and expect them to conduct themselves.

A lot is wrong. I tire sef.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by 989900: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
pacino26:

70% �

Though he is a combatant I mustn't fail to remind you that we're not at war and being the COAS requires a very high degree of diplomacy.

Need I remind you also that most field decision do pass a level of bureaucracy too. He is no longer wielding weapons but bridging the gap between the one carrying the guns and the people providing the target and weapons.

He performed poorly and this further shows the level of unprofessionalism in the Army and their likes. You don't kill who you swore to protect on mere provocation, you don't starve your men out and expect them to conduct themselves.

A lot is wrong. I tire sef.

I'd agree with you on some points, and disagree with you on some others . . . #opinions

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by alcmene: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
Lol......
Buratai after the interview

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by fabre4: 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
papaejima1:
Why didn't the snake charmer just go with some snakes to intimidate the reporter since it's obvious his face and brown envelope couldn't do the job?

stop insulting him do u know if he is lalas.tic.lala father

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by papaejima1: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
fabre4:

stop insulting him do u know if he is lalas.tic.lala father
You mean the father of the snake child of NL? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by pilotab55(m): 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
989900:

Buratai's Achilles was the Dubai properties which he has never handled right from the get-go.

P.S. The Nigerian Army has a long way to go on human rights though (it's a work in progress . . . good to put the pressure on them)

did USA or UK said they have conquered terrorism .but your COAS and your president says order wise

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by attackgat: 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
This is one of the most disgraceful interviews I have ever watched. It was like it was a Corporal being interviewed rather than the the head of the Nigerian Army. Buratai couldnt answer any question straight. He kept fidgeting, he was clearly out of his comfort zone, he looked like a man who lacked confidence. He was everything a General of an Army should not be.

If it is officers like him that lead the Nigerian Army, God help all Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by 989900: 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
pilotab55:
did USA or UK said they have conquered terrorism .but your COAS and your president says order wise

These are political statements, they all do. How many times did Obama taunt destroying Al Qaeda, "Al Qaeda is on the run", degraded Al Qaeda . . . how many times have Al Qaeda struck since then, even Benghazi was after that, does that mean their efforts were nothing, no.

Bush declared "mission accomplished" aboard USS Lincoln in 2003, 14 years later, the war in Iraq is far from over.

If Buratai and Buhari didn't step up the offensive on BH, by now, BH would have been in PH, Lagos, remember they were in Abuja, Jos, etc., had several LGs on lock down . . . Hope u get my drift: politicians capitalize on the gains to make political statements.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by wetdspace(m): 1:21am On Jul 08, 2017
hydraa:
this guy just violated the army chief grin , i wish we had these kind of journalist . bold , fearless and say it as it is
We do have that kind of journalist his name is Edmund Obilo he was working with Splash FM Ibadan the last I know about him.
Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by fabre4: 5:53am On Jul 08, 2017
papaejima1:

You mean the father of the snake child of NL? grin grin grin

Na u talk am o
Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Naijiant: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2017
989900:

grin Were you drunk when you were watching it?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by 989900: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2017
Naijiant:

grin Were you drunk when you were watching it?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Rossikki: 8:01am On Jul 08, 2017
Adiola:
can anything good come out from the zoo
No..including you.
Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Rossikki: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2017
If not for colonialism-induced inferiority complex, why would any Nigerian official submit to such indignity from a British journalist? Did the same British not rule and loot Nigeria dry in their 70 years here? Refusing to build even a single university or major power station in those 7 decades? At independence in 1960, our literacy rate was under 10% after 70 yrs of British rule. That figure is 75% today, thanks to Nigerian leaders' investment in mass public education. Who are they to criticise Nigerian leaders that have done 100 times better than they did?

When will Shackur interview Tony Blair over the Iraq WMD lies that led to a million deaths of innocent Iraqis? When will he interview the British generals who participated in the slaughter? Many of them are still serving. The British media are just an arm of the govt., hence their silence in the face of their government's own questionable actions. They only turn brave when it's time to attack African leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Naijiant: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2017
Rossikki:
If not for inferiority complex, why would any Nigerian official submit to such indignity from a British journalist? Did the same British not rule and loot Nigeria dry in their 70 years here? Refusing to build even a single university or major power station in those 7 decades? Who are they to criticise Nigerian leaders that have done 100 times better than they did? When will Shackur interview Tony Blair over the Iraq WMD lies that led to a million deaths of innocent Iraqis? When will he interview the British generals who participated in the slaughter?
You are right and wrong in equal measure.

1. Buratai didn't need to submit to such humiliation, considering the interviewer has a history of doing just that to Fashola, Obasanjo, Amaechi, etc.

2. Just b/c Britain has a long history of crimes against humanity doesn't preclude a British journalist from asking a Nigerian official about his own crimes. Your argument is like saying, I shouldn't ask anyone searching questions b/c of what the Nigerian govt did. People are not collectively responsible for the actions of their govts.

3. You should not blind yourself to the murderous actions of the Nigerian military against the people they are supposed to protect just b/c it is a British journalist asking the questions that Nigerians like you have failed to ask.

4. Your silence in the mass murder of unarmed Shia Muslims, pro-Biafran protesters, human rights violations against children, etc by the Nigerian army amounts to collusion.

5. The heavy-handed approach of the Nigerian military in dealing with civil disturbance is a major cause of instability in the country - from killing Ken Saro-Wiwa and the massacre in Odi leading to insurgency in the Niger Delta, to the extrajudicial killing of Mohammed Yusuf leading to Boko Haram turning the northeast into a wasteland. They are repeating the same mistakes with the Shia and the pro-Biafrans. As Nigerian authorities and the media are not holding the military to account, any scrutiny (even from foreign sources) should be welcomed by patriotic Nigerians who care about creating a peaceful society based on the rule of law.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Rossikki: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2017
Mr Naijant...I don't do hypocrisy. Sorry. The British journalists have never interviewed their leaders over their rap.e of Nigeria from 1897 to 1960. Why not? The reason they are rich today is because they looted Africa, then installed puppet regimes prior to departing. If their journalists cared for the truth, they would start by interviewing their leaders first, over Nigeria. For instance, what happened to the trillions earned from Nigerian exports in the 70 year colonial rule? If they had reinvested just 20% of the earnings in Nigeria, we would have not been an undeveloped bush at independence, with malnutrition and mass illiteracy. We would have developed democratic institutions capable of preventing the human rights abuses Shakur was yammering about. You don't ignore the root of the ailment and merely address the symptoms. That's insincerity at best, and criminal omission at worst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by SalamRushdie: 8:57am On Jul 08, 2017
Rossikki:
Mr Naijant...I don't do hypocrisy. Sorry. The British journalists have never interviewed their leaders over their rap.e of Nigeria from 1897 to 1960. Why not? The reason they are rich today is because they looted Africa, then installed puppet regimes prior to departing. If their journalists cared for the truth, they would start by interviewing their leaders first, over Nigeria. For instance, what happened to the trillions earned from Nigerian exports in the 70 year colonial rule? If they had reinvested just 20% of the earnings in Nigeria, we would have not been an undeveloped bush at independence, with malnutrition and mass illiteracy. We would have developed democratic institutions capable of preventing the human rights abuses Shakur was yammering about. You don't ignore the root of the ailment and merely address the symptoms. That's insincerity at best, and criminal omission at worst.

Make no mistake people this is a comment borne out of partisanship and not common sense as the writer would want you to believe .

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Naijiant: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2017
Rossikki:
So until they interview their own leaders we should ignore the mass murder of Nigerian civilians by the military? Those dead people must be applauding you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2017
Integrityfarms:
A historic national disgrace. This is just the beginning of the disgrace of deception

See this one. Na Buratai hold your destiny.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Rossikki: 9:12am On Jul 08, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Make no mistake people this is a comment borne out of partisanship and not common sense as the writer would want you to believe .
How so? Personally I would take criticism of Nigeria coming from a Chinese or Brazilian journalist before any British fool. The British have ZERO right to criticise anything going on in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by agabusta: 9:12am On Jul 08, 2017
A lot of people here did not even watch the interview but just writing trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Rossikki: 9:16am On Jul 08, 2017
Naijiant:

So until they interview their own leaders we should ignore the mass murder of Nigerian civilians by the military? Those dead people must be applauding you.
Who said you should ignore anything? If you cannot fight for your agenda without waiting for some Briton, then you probably deserve your problems.
Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 08, 2017
Stephen is the real MVP. He murdered Buratanshi in cold blood. The COAS is a bug disgrace. This shows he got to that position by quota system. His answers were not convincing he was not assertive. Mehn..Those were hard core questions. The COAS probably pee in his boxers before he left that seat. Nigeria is a disgrace if this is the kind of person we have as the head of army. What a national disgrace!

If na too kill innocent civilians, they know how to flex muscles. Nigeria army generally is the most useless in the whole wide world.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by vivalavida(m): 9:17am On Jul 08, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Only in Nigeria will a ghost / incapacitated individual will still be consulted on national issues whilst there's an acting president.

grin grin grin
If only sackur continued his bombings on that empty medulla for a few minutes maybe he would have made a slip of the tongue and tell Buboo true state of health.

Ur second paragraph cracked me up
Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:
Stephen is the real MVP. He murdered Buratanshi in cold blood. The COAS is a bug disgrace. This shows he got to that position by quota system. His answers were not convincing he was not assertive. Mehn..Those were hard core questions. The COAS probably pee in his boxers before he left that seat. Nigeria is a disgrace if this is the kind of person we have as the head of army. What a national disgrace!

If na too kill innocent civilians, they know how to flex muscles. Nigeria army generally is the most useless in the whole wide world.

Even in heaven, a quota system exists.
Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 08, 2017
989900:

War against civilian you mean?
70%? This kind of score will only come from a fellow product of quota system.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk by 989900: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:

[s]War against civilian you mean?
70%? This kind of score will only come from a fellow product of quota system.[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Hands Are Off The Biafran Struggle. / Gallant Soldeir Excited As They Kill A Big Eagle bird In Sabisa Forest / Atala Marginal Field: Allegations Against Dickson False – Bayelsa West Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.