Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Celtel Cut-off Reduced - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Celtel Cut-off Reduced (1750 Views)

Chevron To Lay Off 6,000 To 7,000 Workers Due To Budgets Cut / JUMIA Nigeria Sacks 250 Staff, Others Get Pay Cut. / Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celtel Cut-off Reduced by mildy(f): 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2007
Hi guys
Thank God for me i wrote the typing test and passed very well 32 adjusted wpm at 95% accuracy. Anyway i recieved confidential info that celtel is reducing their cutoff to 20 adjusted wpm accuracy remains 80%. There may also be another phone test where someone calls you and makes a complaint and you are to write the number down. This phone test was given to some staff there when they were recruited but they may not do it this time.

Anyway if you have been called for the interview you should come to asaba its worth it as they need a lot of people thats why the cut of was reduced my friend told me very few people passed.

Anyway Goodluck!

OH! i almost forget i would like to know the exact amount a call centre officer earns. My friends refuse to tell me. Thanks
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by ronique: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2007
Hi Mildy,
Thanx 4 ur info. Well, i beat d score required. Thank God! I will like 2 know if you ve been called 4 the interview or if anyone else you know ve bin called? I stay in Lagos but ve bin in Benin since after the test cos i ve bin very hopeful to be called up 4 an interview. I will be glad if you could reply me and also find out likely questions one may expect during the interview, it will be my first and i cant afford to miss this job. Thanx.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by Abacha: 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2007
@ mildy,
U sure of the source of that info of reduction of the cut-off mark?
Cos that may just b good news to me.
I scored 20wpm @ 94% accuracy.

There was also some stuff about consideration of de Niger Deltans in de test phase.
Help me confirm that it wont affect me.

Asper the pay package, I heard something hovering dangerously within the
boarders of 80000, It's just something I got from the air OK?

Keep me posted,

Abacha cool
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by Abacha: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2007
@ mildy,
U sure of the source of that info of reduction of the cut-off mark?
Cos that may just b good news to me.
I scored 20wpm @ 94% accuracy.

There was also some stuff about consideration of de Niger Deltans in de test phase.
Help me confirm that it wont affect me.

Asper the pay package, I heard something hovering dangerously within the
boarders of 80000, It's just something I got from the air OK?

Keep me posted,

Abacha cool
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by mogadishu: 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2007
This is serious. I got a call from celtel today, requesting me to come today for the test in asaba and I am in port harcourt. The lady said i couldnt make it and i agreed. I seriously hope that they would call me back.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by SOJ(m): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2007
@mildy
thats some interesting news o!i passed it sha,hoping to be called too.i'm sure celtel guys get around N80,000 with bonuses and so on making it in the borders of N100,000.good one eh?!
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2007
Celtel offers no career path for Call centre agents and the pay is a little in excess of 50k.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by ronique: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2007
Hi Abacha,
Good luck and dont loose hope. The info Mildy gave is very true. Got a call 4rm a friend working there who confirmed that. I dont think d cash is anything less than 100k so it's worth the stress, dont u think so too? All d best to us all. I believe we will all make it, AMEN!
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by ronique: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2007
Hey Fynewaka,
You don cum again with your normal mumu talk wey no dey get head! Where on earth did you get your facts from that Celtel pays a little above 50k? well, i must tell you and all landers it's not true. Stop being a wet blanket cos u will definitely change some pples mind on this thereby toiling with dis good opportunity smiling at them in the face.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by dejanero(m): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2007
Cut off reduced! pray so anyway, that would bring more guys into the system. Did the test N God helped me to beat d cut off beautifully. Just hope we all get there!
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by mildy(f): 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2007
hi guys i got called for the interview today for monday. hope u have been called too. This is the final step. Anyway i hear thay need a lot of people so we all stand a chance. The info is accurate i hear deltans are even getting it better at 17wpm. Anyway Good Luck.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by danniell: 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2007
Hey, am new here. I was not aware of any test and i had really like to work in Celtel. Pls is there any chance left for some one who was not involved in the previous test? thanks. And pls that previous test, what task was it for?
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by Abacha: 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2007
Hi mildy,
I also got de call from celtel yesterday to come
to asaba on tuesday.
Hope u dont mind me callin u after ur interview on Monday
for some expo wink,
Pls, ma no. is 08034347384, if u may not b able to drop
urs. Pls try to reply me, even if its by SMS.
Or beta still send me ur no. by SMS so I could call u, n
talk in detail OK?

Abacha cool
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by mailkeem(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2007
This sounds so good to my ears if true.Please,is there anybody in the house that has less than 25WPM been invited for an interview?
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by idea(m): 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2007
ABACHA, i got a call from celtel too. i have my interview on monday.
Do you have any idea of what would be asked?
I'll try and keep you posted immediately after my interview.
Take charge.

MILDY, please what is the pay package like? I guess you must have a clue, thank you and remain blessed.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by Abacha: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2007
@ idea,
Why didn't u drop ur no.?
Abeg,I go need expo, n have to reach u on phone.
Cld u kindly SMS it 2me on 08034347384,so I cld call u maself.

I need this more than eva,

Abacha
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by idea(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2007
ABACHA, you can reach me on 08036002714.
Take charge.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by mildy(f): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2007
Nothing new yet nobody is talking. If i find out anything ill get back to you guys.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by ovwighoe(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2007
hi guys

the news of the reduction in the cut-off for the celtel typing test is true.i scored a net of 21 wpm and 76 percent accuracy and i have been called the the interview 1:30 pm on tuesday.i heard the interview was strictly oral testing you on your personality and what you know about celtel.please mildly and co you guys should endeavour to keep me posted on the details of the interview immediately you finish yous on monday.my number is 08035077774.just send me an sms or send me ur number so i can call you, thanks alot brothers,
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by etukenyen(m): 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2007
fynewaka:

Celtel offers no career path for Call centre agents and the pay is a little in excess of 50k.

Actually, fynewaka's right. It's sad, but it's the truth! Oh, and if you're accepted, you start off as a contract staff for 3 to 5 months,
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by odada(m): 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2007
Whats that supposed to mean?that we should forget about going along with the job!c'mon guys do u know the rate/nos of unemployed youths out there?some people would kill for a job with 20k per month!its the same sh*t anywhere,its just a start and we will definately blow up by Gods grace.1luv wink
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by SOJ(m): 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2007
etukenyen:

Actually, fynewaka's right. It's sad, but it's the truth! Oh, and if you're accepted, you start off as a contract staff for 3 to 5 months,
Yep, u r right about that.Successful candidates will be on contract for 3 months after which on excellent performance they would be staffed permanently.Career path?well, if u intend to stay and develop a career as a call center agent then u can do so in celtel.remember that as a proffessional call center agent u can work in a bank,manufacturing company and so on.so this is a good idea after all
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:43pm On Feb 10, 2007
20 wpm that is not fast?
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by odada(m): 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2007
@soj
hmmmmmmmmmmn,thanks for the advice dawg,at least u had something positive to say unlike themother haters lipsrsealed u serious bout the opportunities in the banks and other sectors? thats cool though!but *********** lipsrsealed
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by etukenyen(m): 12:14am On Feb 11, 2007
Odada, you're missing the point. I'm not saying it's a crappy job - after all there are quite a few perks (like free monthly airtime) - but it's really not as rosy as is being portrayed in this thread. My post is merely to correct the wrong impression given here, with specific regards to the pay package. That said, it really is a great stepping stone - you just have to be willing to push yourself.
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by odada(m): 5:54am On Feb 11, 2007
ok!now i get it!!thanks for clearing that up men,best wishes and goodluck to all of us cheesy
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by Seun(m): 10:42am On Feb 11, 2007
You guys are so excited. Hope you get the job! wink
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by SOJ(m): 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2007
@etukenyen
no be so we talk am for here o. by the way,"rosy" as u say it is relative:what u term rosy might br hell for another o.but for a graduate who ahs been out in the jobmarket 4 over a year(some even more), men its not just rosy,its damn well heaven!
Re: Celtel Cut-off Reduced by odada(m): 8:40am On Feb 12, 2007
@seun
A M E N

(1) (Reply)

Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? / Sitp Shell- Enquiries / Post removed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.