Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze (16535 Views)

Fani-kayode To El-rufai: Southern Nigeria Wants Restructuring Not Presidency / Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan / Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 08, 2017
Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

The President-General of Ndigbo apex organisation, Ohanaeze, Chief John Nwodo, on Friday, said despite the relentless agitation of youths from the South-East, the Igbo preferred restructuring of the country to total break-up.

A statement made available to journalists in Abuja quoted Nwodo as saying this while addressing a cross-section of Ndigbo leaders in Abuja on Thursday.

Nwodo reportedly told them that no ethnic group had more stakes in the Nigerian project than the Igbo and as such could not consider disintegration as a viable option.

The Ohanaeze leader said there was no part of the country where Ndigbo had not invested their resources, even without corresponding investment in Igboland.

He said while Ohanaeze understood and appreciated the circumstances that prompted the agitations for secession by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra and the Indigenous People of Biafra, Igbo leaders did not consider secession as a reasonable option.

The statement read, “He (Nwodo) said that restructuring will bring Nigeria to a level where every person of any tribe, religion or class, would have a sense of belonging and in return, give their best for the development of the country.”

According to the statement, Nwodo was in Abuja to meet with critical stakeholders in the Igbo project to have their understanding and be on the same page with them.

Nwodo also announced that steps were being taken by the body to carry the youth of the region along and ensure that Igbo people have a common and unified position on the way forward.

He insisted that equal partnership, ownership and a level playing ground for all was the right way to go to getting the best out of people and setting the country on the path of growth and development.

http://punchng.com/we-prefer-restructuring-not-break-up-ohanaeze/

4 Likes

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 08, 2017
Okay

1 Like

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by fineboynl(m): 3:45am On Jul 08, 2017
an Igbo man told me Ohanaeze is more like a political party. they love money sharing and negotiations bid that will benefit them for a sell out. that's why the IBO youth don't take them serious. its very easy to buy an IBO man.

no wonder Nnamdi KANU commands more respect, he has showed himself to be different from all other movement. and the IBO youth are strongly behind KANU.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by LionDeLeo: 3:52am On Jul 08, 2017
Igbos - we want biafla, nothing more nothing less.

Ohanaeze - we want restructuring not break up.

Chairman SE gov Forum - we are not ready for restructuring

SE senators - We stand with one Nigeria.

Ndigbo - Arewa youths cannot "drive" us from the north.

Just imagine the cacophony emanating from people who want to be taken serious.

227 Likes 23 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 08, 2017
I Was Thinking They Were Actually Against All That. Maybe Soon, They Will Equally Agree To A Breakup.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by raker300: 6:32am On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

better than hiding in the bushes like the Afonjas.

Afraid to even speak but chestbeating online..these Afonjas are jokers.

Where are the Afonja elders that made noise under GEJ?

Where is bakare, Soyinka, Tinubu etc..

153 Likes 16 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by omenka(m): 6:32am On Jul 08, 2017
Folks should try and make up their minds what exactly they want. These discordant tones coming from them gives an impression they are just a buncha jokers.

Whatever it is, if given the power, I'd rather let them have the latter. It's best for everyone.

17 Likes

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by sarrki(m): 6:34am On Jul 08, 2017
These are patriots

Igbos are miscreants

There online supporters are tyrants and hypocrite

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by sarrki(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2017
raker300:

Spotted

By their words and actions we know them

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by LionDeLeo: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2017
raker300:

Afonjas aren't complaining, so fold ur opinion properly and shove it up ur a$$, at least that shouldn't be strange to you.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by raker300: 6:36am On Jul 08, 2017
omenka:
Folks should try and make up their minds what exactly they want. These discordant tones coming from them gives an impression they are just a buncha jokers.

Whatever it is, if given the power, I'd rather let them have the latter. It's best for everyone.
trash.

It is loud and clear..secession is the only way.

Deep down every igbo wants secession..but some are too afraid to openly support it.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by raker300: 6:37am On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Afonjas aren't complaining, so fold ur opinion properly and shove it up ur a$$, at least that shouldn't be strange to you.

yes, they aren't complaining..all they do is run around the internet like a bunch of retards talking about Biafra that don't concern them. Jokers, all of them

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by LionDeLeo: 6:39am On Jul 08, 2017
raker300:
trash.

It is loud and clear..secession is the only way.

Deep down every igbo wants secession..but some are too afraid to openly support it.

@ the emboldened, you mean cowardice?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by BabaRamotu1988: 6:39am On Jul 08, 2017
[s]
omenka:

[/s]
the only valid group in igboland now is ipob
and you know their mission
so stop gallivanting on any igbo thread and shatap there and get out

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by rainylad(f): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2017
....I prefer secession to restructuring.

14 Likes

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by BabaRamotu1988: 6:41am On Jul 08, 2017
[s]
sarrki:
These are patriots

Igbos are miscreants

There online supporters are tyrants and hypocrite
[/s]
Ipob is igbo and Igbo is ipob
may 30 is an eye opener to ewedu eating scumbags
so stop your stale trash
because
Buhari is a terrorist
apc is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
awolowo is a rat poison king
abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf
Omidina is a cooperate begging bastard
kiss the truth

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by sammieguze(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2017
I think it's high time we butcher this entity called Nigeria already
or at least let the Igbo go
restructuring is only like delaying the inevitable since it seems that's what everybody wants

even as a Yoruba man, I think its better we split up already
let every man be for himself and let every region have 8ts fate in its hand

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by toolovely(m): 6:45am On Jul 08, 2017
who are the Igbos that prefer restructuring? did you guys consult with your people to know what they want? or was it the political igbos that sat and decided for the igbos? before making such statements, it should be a collective agreement of the majority of igbos.

Ohaneze have failed us over time. so, this matter should be deeply discussed. this is the only time we have to set things right. it shouldn't be a gathering of the few who by their actions have rendered Igbo land the way it is today...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by raker300: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

@ the emboldened, you cowardice?
tell yourself that but the world know who the real cowards are.

A simple google search of "yorubas are..." google will give you the rest

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by zombieHUNTER: 6:47am On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

you can conjure anything to get nairaland likes.... Ogbeni
But drum it into your ears .. It's either we restructure or we break up
scratched faces will not sleep well because of Igbo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by zombieHUNTER: 6:56am On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

@ the emboldened, you mean cowardice?
there is only one coward tribe in Nigeria ... We all know them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 08, 2017
Mynd44 day don break oh
Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by LionDeLeo: 7:13am On Jul 08, 2017
NothingDoMe:
This is childish even for you. This is a buiness site not a yoruba site. Nor spoil market for seun. You are not yoruba so stop causing confusion between the tribes. Be bold enough to declare your tribe If you are not a coward

Just do as the other poster advised, take a bow out of this thread.
Trying to twist it, right?

Apparently pretending to be oblivious of the assertion that afonjas cannot survive without discussing Igbos which elicited my response.

But for my tribe, I'm a Nigerian.

Pls stop this hypocrisy, already stinking to high heavens. What exactly is the rift between afonjas and Igbos?

Fyi, it is all about attempt by the Igbos to pitch the yorubas against the northerners, and the yorubas aren't dancing to that song. So stop talking trash about bringing confusion between tribes.

You talked about spoiling market for seu.n, have you forgotten that that rubbish is still being advertised on this forum with so much flowery language apparently to pull traffic from nairaland to that nonsense.

23 Likes

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by SuperS1Panther: 7:16am On Jul 08, 2017

3 Likes

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by SuperS1Panther: 7:18am On Jul 08, 2017
Osus are the most confused human beings on planet earth.

We want Biafrau.d. No, we do not want want Biafrau.d

We want restructuring. No, we do not want restructuring.

Let us go. They asked them to go, it turned to No, we are not going anywhere.

Their Lunatic Scammer Dilector and, Merlin of Biafrau.d was preaching One Nigeria in 2011. In 2015, he has changed his mind to one new song.

Lol. Take them serious at your peril --- for their mind is as fickle as the wave of the Sea.

27 Likes

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by Blizzy9ja: 7:25am On Jul 08, 2017
Because they still get stipends from Abuja to shut up... An Igbo man can sell his entire family to make money

4 Likes

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by NothingDoMe: 7:29am On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Trying to twist it, right?

Apparently pretending to be oblivious of the assertion that afonjas cannot survive without discussing Igbos which elicited my response.

But for my tribe, I'm a Nigerian.

Pls stop hypocrisy, already stinking to high heavens. What exactly is the rift between afonjas and Igbos?

Fyi, it is all about attempt by the Igbos to pitch the yorubas against the northerners, and the yorubas aren't dancing to that song. So stop talking trash about bringing confusion between tribes.
Igbos pitch yoruba against northerners? How? You must be high on some semi processed wied. Wetin concern Ipob and their love relationship?

Abeg declare your tribe If you get the guts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by NothingDoMe: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Osus are the most confused human beings on planet earth.

We want Biafrau.d. No, we do not want want Biafrau.d

We want restructuring. No, we do not want restructuring.

Let us go. They asked them to go, it turned to No, we are not going anywhere.

Their Lunatic Scammer Dilector and, Merlin of Biafrau.d was preaching One Nigeria in 2011. In 2015, he has changed his mind to one new song.

Lol. Take them serious at your peril --- for their mind is as fickle as the wave of the Sea.
I love how the same person uses several monikers to comment and like at the same time.

This shows desparation and frustration in trying stop this movement.

It is well with you and your other monikers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze by LionDeLeo: 7:44am On Jul 08, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Igbos pitch yoruba against northerners? How? You must be high on some semi processed wied. Wetin concern Ipob and their love relationship?

Abeg declare your tribe If you get the guts.

Pls, what exactly is the problem between Igbos and afonja if not that afonja supported the north against the will of Igbos? There lies the answer.

Saying that I'm high on a substance? You may be right but that substance does not cause memory loss as apparent in your case.

For my tribe, this is a faceless forum where I can mention anything, so I don't subscribe to any online trash in that regard.

Besides, what has my tribe on the net gat to do with cowardice?

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwara Speakership: Don't Be Greedy And Desperate Like Saraki-group Warns Popoola / APC Congratulates Yemi Osinbajo On His 63 Birthday / Buhari's Speech At APC Presidential Campaign In Yobe Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.