Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) (772 Views)

Cult Leader Asked Me To Kill My Parents To Be Sure I Wonโ€™t Betray The Confratern / Ritualist Dungeon Uncovered In University Of Ibadan As Culprit Escapes Angry Mob / My Wife Derives Pleasure In Beating Me Up โ€“ Man Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by FatGuy: 4:22am On Jul 08, 2017
This story happened to me on Friday 7th July, 2017.

I am a Youth Corper currently serving in one of the Southwestern States. As a Corper, you're entitled to one free day of SAED (Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development) which mine is usually on Fridays, that is to say, you do not go to your PPA.

On this fateful day, having been paid "allawee" during the week and because of the nature of my profession I am not usually free during week days, so I decided to skip SAED so I could go the market and restock my provisions.

I called the Okada man that takes me around town to come and take me to the market, which he came and we immediately proceeded to the market. After buying all the items I needed, I decided to go get some snacks, being very tired from the stress in the market. I told him to take me a place I can get some egg rolls and kunu. On getting to the place, I alighted while he waited for me.

On getting back to the place he stopped me, I noticed a woman who is deaf and dumb making incoherent sounds and gesticulations, I thought she was trying to beg for money. Before I could climb the bike, two men came around and told me that the woman is saying that the Okada man snatched her bag sometime last week at night, and the bag contained a thrift of 10k she collected that same day. I was surprised that they believed what she said, because careful looking at the woman, I knew she was mentally deranged.

Before I could say "Jack Robinson", crowd has gathered o. I became afraid, hearing and reading stories of jungle justice every way recently. While some people were saying the woman is mentally deranged, others won't even want to hear it, they almost started beating the Okada man. It took the intervention of a Police Officer who rescued us from the mob, and took us (including the woman) to the police station.

On getting there, the Officer in-charge immediately recognized the woman and told us she has been there with two other Okada men on different occasions last week, alleging them of the same crime. When she was signaled to say what happened, she came up with three different stories:

First, that the Okada man snatched the bag from her while she was watching a movie by the road side last week.

Secondly, that while she was sleeping in her house, the man burgled her house and stole 100k,and

Thirdly, that the man came to the house with weapons and stole the money while she was with her husband.

Even with the inconsistencies in her story, the police won't see any reason why they should free the Okada man. After waiting for about four hours, I decided to go home and drop the items I bought in the market. On getting back, the Okada man said the woman has agreed to collect 2k from him. One of the Officers in-charge called me and said I should just pay the money and leave, that they know it's a scam .I paid and they freed the man. The woman was so excited, the same person whose 100k was stolen.

In conclusion, before you embark on jungle justice, make sure you're beating the right person. For it is better to free 99 criminals so to free one innocent man, than to kill one innocent man.

Thanks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by donwhales38(m): 4:39am On Jul 08, 2017
Thank God o!
Re: Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by obyrich(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2017
Jungle Justice is the worst of crimes. Many Innocent people have lost their lives through it.
Re: Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by okuneddie(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
I am just seeing this post. I wish lalasticlala or any other mod will push it to front page

@Seun
Re: Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by bolafez(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
informative
Re: Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by Benblaq(m): 6:30am On Jun 28, 2018
If you think it was a planned work between the woman and the police, click LIKE.

If you think otherwise, click SHARE.
Re: Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by dotman4real007(m): 7:41am On Jun 28, 2018
That woman should be behind bars, she is a killer, it's just so sad that the police are only after money. What a country called Nigeria.
Re: Before You Join in Beating That Suspect Be Sure He Is a Culprit(true story) by Precious101c: 11:07am On Jun 28, 2018
So if na plan work na 2k them go collect?
Benblaq:
If you think it was a planned work between the woman and the police, click LIKE.

If you think otherwise, click SHARE.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Police Officer Arrested After Collecting 100k Bribe From A Suspect(pics) / Two Suspected Money Ritualists Arrested With Human Flesh In Oyo State (photo) / Female NYSC Member Nearly Strangled To Death In A Bid To Get Movie Role(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.