Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

(m.sc)federal Or State University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (m.sc)federal Or State University? (695 Views)

Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(m.sc)federal Or State University? by dickson2000(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
Good evening my fellow nairalanders! Please, I need your advice on this. I finished from a Federal university and want to go for Masters , but having some proximity issue which had made me perturbed overtime.

I really have this intention of doing my Masters in FUT, Minna, but my work place ain't close, which had left me with the option of opting for the nearest which is a state university.

My question is this?

-Does it make any significant career difference to do your Masters in a Federal University?

- Does Masters in Federal University command more value than state ?

Forgive me if I hadn't spoken well though, but was persuaded to ask this because, a friend of mine told me; it makse no real sense finishing from a federal university and doing masters in a state university.

Thanks in advance for your kind and sincere comments.
Re: (m.sc)federal Or State University? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
cc lalastica
Re: (m.sc)federal Or State University? by emmahoney(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
It doesn't matter, however, State Universities usually have many challenges.
Re: (m.sc)federal Or State University? by dickson2000(m): 7:55am On Jul 09, 2017
emmahoney:
It doesn't matter, however, State Universities usually have many challenges.
Thank u sir! What are the probable challenges one stands to encounter doing Masters in a state university ?
Re: (m.sc)federal Or State University? by emmahoney(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
dickson2000:
Thank u sir! What are the probable challenges one stands to encounter doing Masters in a state university ?
Mainly internal crisis coupled with unfriendly lecturers compared with federal universities. I attended both and I can boldly say that I prefer federal to state. You wouldn't want to your time to be wasted ;lautech comes to my mind. Although, I would advise you to meet some postgraduate students in that your proposed State University.

Best wishes.
Re: (m.sc)federal Or State University? by dickson2000(m): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
emmahoney:
Mainly internal crisis coupled with unfriendly lecturers compared with federal universities. I attended both and I can boldly say that I prefer federal to state. You wouldn't want to your time to be wasted ;lautech comes to my mind. Although, I would advise you to meet some postgraduate students in that your proposed State University.

Best wishes.
Thanks so much sir! I'm grateful.

(1) (Reply)

Help A FUTA Aspirant On His Subjects Combination– It's Very Urgent !!! / ROYAL DIAMOND SCHOLARSHIP / List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions by NUC (latest Update 2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.