Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,233 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) (55977 Views)

Nigerian Jollof Rice Tops Poll On As Roma's Official Twitter Handle / Photo Of Nigerian Jollof As Depicted By A Ghanaian / Tanzanian Lady: "Ghanaian Jollof Rice Is Better Than Nigerian Jollof Rice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by madridguy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Congratulations to us.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by SavageGarden(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Please folks like this video on Facebook through this link I stand a chance to win dope sneakers abeg I need am https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1732527236775423&id=100000544893363 thanks a whole lot.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by shegra58: 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
lekjons:
so am I supposed to be happy or something
who care about your happiness shocked
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by madjune(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
Like seriously, is this news?

How could this be news?
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Bills2307(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
madjune:

How could this be news?
yes o sister/broda, at least it's better than Evans or hushpuppy dem news

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by olasaad(f): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
timawoku:
We are the best in many things;
Jollof rice
Corruption
Acting (president, EFCC chairman, etc)
Scoping
Twisting
Rigging
Jonsing
Yanshing
Entertainment
Everything! We are truly the giant of Africa

*reacting*
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by numericalguy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
StOla:

Lai Mohammed chose not to get into the mundane argument, rather he told you all the factual origin of Jollof/wolof rice, but an ignorant mob would have none of that enlightenment.

Maybe the historical information on the internet is also Lai Mohammed's doing?

Do yourself a favor and watch the video please.

If truly he had wanted not to get into an argument, he would had just said all jollof rice taste nice or something like that but Liar Mohammed cannot help but tell a lie.

Please, who told you that the origin of Jollof rice is from Senegal. Just because they called it wolof does not meant they are the originators.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by tuscani: 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
Smartademu:

Where de man even dey na? Person no de hear him again. cool
bro, nobody know. Good riddance
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by tuscani: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
seunny4lif:

You know say that man brain na Lies full am
That man can lies for Satan
Satan himself dey fear the man
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by redsun(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
The only thing that makes jellof rice tasty is the dangerous Maggis that are added to it. And the last time i check,MSG that is one of the key components of Maggi is banned as food additives in Europe because it's hazardous effects on health.

It is a simple food with very little beneficial nutrients. And I don't understand the hype about it.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by seunny4lif(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
tuscani:
Satan himself dey fear the man

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by tuscani: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
numericalguy:

That's what you get when you ask a professional liar a simple question. He knew the truth but he would never say it, he would rather tell lies. He can't help it.
on point, that is the summary
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by tballeyy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
My Conconsion rice too can also be the d number in d mushin
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by moshino(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
lekjons:
so am I supposed to be happy or something

No, you can still hang yourself as you planned.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Itskarterberry(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
Seriously this Ghana vs Nigeria Jollof should not even be a debate...I Am currently in Ghana n I can't tell u how much I hate their food... The rice be like rubber rice, it has one funny odour... And it's taste is nothing compared to ours...even their swallow to me is fcked up the put the fufu or whatever that is inside the plate of soup...n even in the so called classy restaurants that's how it is... If I want to eat and eat well I fine me a Nigerian kitchen... No matter how far...I really hate to hear this rice debatw them nor be mate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Jaqenhghar: 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
madjune:

How could this be news?
My brother....
They have bigger things to worry about they are celebrating jollof rice like jollof rice will bring them out of a recession

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Chukazu: 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
tuscani:
Nice, stupid lier Muhammed said it was Senegalese that is better

But Senegal did not participate.. That means they are the grand patron
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by agrovick(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
Beey grin
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by StOla: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
numericalguy:

Do yourself a favor and watch the video please.

If truly he had wanted not to get into an argument, he would had just said all jollof rice taste nice or something like that but Liar Mohammed cannot help but tell a lie.

Please, who told you that the origin of Jollof rice is from Senegal. Just because they called it wolof does not meant they are the originators.

Continue to sink deep in ignorance then.

Lai chose not to get involved in irrelevant arguments from jobless twitter idlers. Rather he gave both Nigerian and Ghanaian idlers something to think about concerning arguing over something you both did not invent, yet you call him a liar. A fact of history I had already known over 10yrs ago.

Choose to hate him for not bringing government to the level of useless debates, it is only a reflection of how unserious you all are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by iamtardey: 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
what should I do now?
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by gemale(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
seuncyber:
Lobatan

Ghana una here

We are the best

Mama give me jollof 200 2 pomo 1 fish and 2 meat add plantain with salad and big pepsi
We are ecstatic because we make better jollof rice than Ghana? While Ghana celebrated 1 year of uninterrupted power supply sometime ago, we are busy dragging jollof rice with them not better things like low unemployment rate, good governance? Meanwhile 1 micro dot of shame didn't catch us when the highly watched & loved big brother naija had to be hosted in south africa because of our national epileptic power supply problem. I weep for this nation. Don't worry, our sumptuous jollof rice would fix our country's numerous problems. In fact let's start exporting it. It would give us the much desired foreign exchange we require to keep importing the numerous goods from overseas like gadgets, vehicles, drugs, tyres, Kellogg's, Nutella, sardine, frozen fish & chicken etc
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by enemyofprogress: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
Yoruba representing well unlike the developers that are always disgracing biafra
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by enemyofprogress: 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
gemale:

We are ecstatic because we make better jollof rice than Ghana? While Ghana celebrated 1 year of uninterrupted power supply sometime ago, we are busy dragging jollof rice with them not better things like low unemployment rate, good governance? Meanwhile 1 micro dot of shame didn't catch us when the highly watched & loved big brother naija had to be hosted in south africa because of our national epileptic power supply problem. I weep for this nation. Don't worry, our sumptuous jollof rice would fix our country's numerous problems. In fact let's start exporting it. It would give us the much desired foreign exchange we require to keep importing the numerous goods we require from overseas like gadgets, vehicles, drugs, tyres, Kellogg's, Nutella, sardine, frozen fish & chicken etc
story for the gods
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Beey(f): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
agrovick:
Beey grin
You see, I wasn't Kidding when I told you of how I pulled over to feast on Naija jollof by the roadside.I've had both Ghanaian & Nigerian jollof.In my opinion, Naija wins.On the other hand thanks for the tag.Idiots may come & go but you remain small bro for life.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by harriet412(f): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
gemale:

We are ecstatic because we make better jollof rice than Ghana? While Ghana celebrated 1 year of uninterrupted power supply sometime ago, we are busy dragging jollof rice with them not better things like low unemployment rate, good governance? Meanwhile 1 micro dot of shame didn't catch us when the highly watched & loved big brother naija had to be hosted in south africa because of our national epileptic power supply problem. I weep for this nation. Don't worry, our sumptuous jollof rice would fix our country's numerous problems. In fact let's start exporting it. It would give us the much desired foreign exchange we require to keep importing the numerous goods we require from overseas like gadgets, vehicles, drugs, tyres, Kellogg's, Nutella, sardine, frozen fish & chicken etc

We talking jellof rice, you talking power..
Can't u at least have a little sense of humor..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by gemale(m): 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

We talking jellof rice, you talking power..
Can't u at least have a little sense of humor..
No, because my mother's people say that it's only a fool that chases rats when the roof of his house is on fire. Our country is burning & no one is brainstorming on how to put off the fire. No blueprint, nothing that serves as a pointer to us making any headway. We rather dissipate our energy on "twitter wars", "slay queens", "ice bucket challenge" & other petty issues. Social media posts are mostly vain, shallow & lacking in intellectual stimulus. Yet, someone would open his/her mouth & say that we the youths should be the ones leading our country.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by harriet412(f): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
gemale:

No, because my mother's people say that it's only a fool that chases rats when the roof of his house is on fire. Our country is burning & no one is brainstorming on how to put off the fire. No blueprint, nothing that serves as a pointer to us making any headway. We rather dissipate our energy on "twitter wars", "slay queens", "ice bucket challenge" & other petty issues. Social media posts are mostly vain, shallow & lacking in intellectual stimulus. Yet, someone would open his/her mouth & say that we the youths should be the ones leading our country.

Alright, alright.. I get you.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by agrovick(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Beey:
You see, I wasn't Kidding when I told you of how I pulled over to feast on Naija jollof by the roadside.I've had both Ghanaian & Nigerian jollof.In my opinion, Naija wins.

Yayyyy! Foodie tongue

On the other hand thanks for the tag.Idiots may come & go but you remain small bro for life.

I will beat you o
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Beey(f): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
agrovick:

Yayyyy! Foodie tongue Where there's food, Beey will also be there. grin

I will beat you o
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Beey(f): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
agrovick:

Yayyyy! Foodie tongue

I will beat you o
cool
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Rossikki: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
Itskarterberry:
Seriously this Ghana vs Nigeria Jollof should not even be a debate...I Am currently in Ghana n I can't tell u how much I hate their food... The rice be like rubber rice, it has one funny odour... And it's taste is nothing compared to ours...even their swallow to me is fcked up the put the fufu or whatever that is inside the plate of soup...n even in the so called classy restaurants that's how it is... If I want to eat and eat well I fine me a Nigerian kitchen... No matter how far...I really hate to hear this rice debatw them nor be mate
Fufu placed inside the soup is the original aura my friend. Any buka worth its salt knows how to serve that way.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Rossikki: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
gemale:

We are ecstatic because we make better jollof rice than Ghana? While Ghana celebrated 1 year of uninterrupted power supply sometime ago, we are busy dragging jollof rice with them not better things like low unemployment rate, good governance? Meanwhile 1 micro dot of shame didn't catch us when the highly watched & loved big brother naija had to be hosted in south africa because of our national epileptic power supply problem..tyres, Kellogg's, Nutella, sardine, frozen fish & chicken etc
Don't let your life be defined by problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Made In Anambra Rice Sells For ₦9,000 In Onitsha (Photos) / Amala Pictures That Will Make You Drool Like Nothing Else Can / What I got for #1800 versus how I prepared it.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.