Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,690 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President (3877 Views)

14 Ondo House Members Sign For Impeachment Of Ajayi Agboola / Buhari: MURIC Blames Saraki For Impeachment Threat / ‘No Provision For Acting Chairman In EFCC Act’ - Senior Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President by AlPeter: 10:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Nwakaumu:
You are the non-entity here cos ve been schemed out after slaving for ur fulani masters shouting your voice hoarse wit ur 'sai-baba.your masters recently called you ungrateful treacherous backstabbers.your days of treachery in the zoo has been numbered.every has known you piple as evil.tinuabu has been silenced,the mere commisioner of molue conductor is about to be decimated after been pieviously decapitated.need i remind you ilorin,offah,kaba which fulani has captured since 1824.it sucks to be an afonja.
you see where your problem is, you are still so angry that Buhari defeated the clueless one of Otuoke that if the devil ask for your soul and those of the people you love to make his admin a failure you will do it gladly just to spite the Yorubas. Grow up

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President by Nwakaumu(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2017
AlPeter:
you see where your problem is, you are still so angry that Buhari defeated the clueless one of Otuoke that if the devil ask for your soul and those of the people you love to make his admin a failure you will do it gladly just to spite the Yorubas. Grow up
Ungrateful backstabber,spotted.
Re: Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President by ERockson: 11:14am On Jul 09, 2017
Whether Osinbajo is impeached or not, it is win win for the Afonjas and loss loss for the haters/ibos. You haters can use your bitterness to support Saraki into the presidency while you gain nothing at the end of game.

1 Like

Re: Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President by Blue3k(m): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
achieverme:

Osinbajo is Acting President now and not vice president. Vice president can't sign budget. Osinbajo just did. Office of vice president is vacant. Sorry to burst your bubble.

But what is your personal gain in seeing Nigeria dragged into crises? What do you gain from it?

Acting president just a role. It just meant to fill in vacuum left by President Buhari's absence. You can't burst my bubble since you don't have a clue about subject. Look at all your emotional ranting against people in face of evidence against you.

The only reasons Nigeria will be dragged into crisis is because political prostitutes will commit mass suicide and loser sycophants go on a riot. I don't know which group you'll fall into but I rather you go out alone. Anyway the conversation is about do they have right to impeach. Even if they are gone APC is in charge.

1 Like

Re: Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President by Blue3k(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
. Whao! Thanks for the enlightment and i will like a simple yes or no answer to this question sir
Please is Osinbajo
(1) working as a vp or acting president as at today
(2) is he functioning as both vp and acting president
(3) or is the work of vp and acting president thesame?

2. He is VP with job title of Acting president. It would be the same as if both VP and President were to be impeached. The Senate Majority leader takes over for 3 months a new election is had afterwords. These positions are just place holders.

146.—(1) The Vice-President shall hold the office of President if the office of President becomes vacant by reason of death or resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or the removal of the President from office for any other reason in accordance with section 143 or 144 of this Constitution.

(2)Where any vacancy occurs in the circumstances mentioned in subsection (1) of this section during a period when the office of Vice-President is also vacant, the President of Senate shall hold the office of President for a period of not more than three months, during which there shall be an election of a new President, who shall hold office for the unexpired term of office of the last holder of the office.

(3) Where the office of Vice-President becomes vacant—

(a) by reason of death or resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or removal in accordance with section 143 or 144 of this Constitution ;

(b) by his assumption of the office of President in accordance with subsection (1) of this section ; or

(c) for any other reason,
Re: Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President by nwamehn: 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
achieverme:

Just goan you impeach him and stop making noise here abeg

Boy, no need resorting to sentiments. I don't care about his being impeached or not, and I can't be defending him or saraki here because I'm too old to be found supporting any Nigeria politician with all these pains they inflict on the masses. But saying that the office of the VP is vacant is heavy fallacy and I have to correct u and ur likes on that. Instead of saying something that u do not understand about the law on a public forum like this, why not read through the constitution well? After all, the constitution is written in simple English.
Re: Constitution Has No Provision For Impeachment Of Acting President by jumobi1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
No one is above the law. He can be impeached as Ag Prez or V Prez.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Ask PDP For 16yrs Of Achievement. Here Is Their Responds / Why Cant Victims Of The Escaped Katsina Kidnap Speak English / Agric Revolution: Bayelsa Partners CBN To Boost Food Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.