Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Can He Still Make Heaven After This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can He Still Make Heaven After This? (763 Views)

Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven / How You Will Be Judged When You Get To Heaven After You Pass On / Pastor Back From Heaven After Meeting Adolf Hitler And Michael Jackson In Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 5:56am On Jul 09, 2017
Let's assume a believer who has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Personal saviour and has been faithful to God with the way he lives his life but mistakenly or otherwise commits Sin and wasn't able to ask God for forgiveness of that Sin before meeting his or her sudden death. My question is will such a christian still make heaven or will he go to hell?
Please I need clarification from matured believers. Thanks
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by seunlayi(m): 6:02am On Jul 09, 2017
Capital NO.

That was why He said "watch and pray"
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by torres89: 6:03am On Jul 09, 2017
one of the many reasons Catholics preach purgatory
if we go by the Pentecostal theory , everyone will be in hell
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:11am On Jul 09, 2017
We aren't God and can't judge but then, we should know that many people want to be like us. They are our secret disciples. If our carelessness leads them to hell, their blood will be on us.

Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

Try your best and let God take the glory
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by MisterGrace: 6:25am On Jul 09, 2017
seunlayi:
Capital NO.

Thou shall not judge. Judgement of the Lord God.

Op! Only God can tell.
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by talkeverytime: 6:42am On Jul 09, 2017
Well, I can't really say. But if you say "Mistakenly", I believe that's why we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ.

Read Here Also: 5 Reasons You must join a department in Church

http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/03/5-reasons-you-should-join-department-in.html?m=1
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by olagbemi118(m): 6:42am On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:
Let's assume a believer who has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Personal saviour and has been faithful to God with the way he lives his life but mistakenly or otherwise commits Sin and wasn't able to ask God for forgiveness of that Sin before meeting his or her sudden death. My question is will such a christian still make heaven or will he go to hell?
lols...God is not unrighteous to forget your labour of love...besides, we commit sin daily & if anyone does not stumble in words, then he is a perfect man. So chill & relax in Christ. He is able to keep us blameless
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by massive1019(m): 6:59am On Jul 09, 2017
lol......people saying God is too righteous, we have advocate. Abeg let me continue in sin mistakenly.....
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 7:02am On Jul 09, 2017
seunlayi:
Capital NO.

Please can you elaborate your point more
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 7:03am On Jul 09, 2017
torres89:
one of the many reasons Catholics preach purgatory

if we go by the Pentecostal theory , everyone will be in hell
Are we living our lives as christians based on catholics or pentecostal doctrines or re we following the scriptures?
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by Towncrier007(m): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2017
If Buhari can go to hell fire, why won't he? Abi e bad to follow your presido go meet devil?

Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by lifeispeace: 7:07am On Jul 09, 2017
which of the heavens is that? cheesy
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 7:07am On Jul 09, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
We aren't God and can't judge but then, we should know that many people want to be like us. They are our secret disciples. If our carelessness leads them to hell, their blood will be on us.
You didn't give answer to the question

Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

Try your best and let God take the glory

Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by malvisguy212: 7:10am On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:
a true Christian don't commit sin mistakenly, if he does he is ignorant of God word which say in James 2:10 (NIV) reads: For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by jossypet(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2017
We all sin every day. A child of God has a nature in him that doesn't want to sin. At conversion his nature changes. If he commits sin and dies before acknowledging his sin with the Father, it doesn't change his nature. He is still a child of God. Guess u now know where he'd end up. Knowing this helps me to live for Jesus daily. This is GOOD NEWS

1 Like

Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by jiggaz(m): 7:17am On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:
The person will still make heaven. If salvation is dependent on us as believers, then there's a big problem. That means everyone will go to hell.

The wrong teaching in churches today that our salvation can be lost is a heresy from the pit of Hell. If our salvation can be lost when we commit sin, then that means that THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST ON THE CROSS IS USELESS. He died in vain then. I don't condone sin, infact sin is stupid for a believer cos it will take you far than you can imagine and make you pay more than u want. In short, sin will mess up your life but then no one lives a perfect life in this our fallen body. So when u sin, declare I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.... Look at the Cross and you will see your forgiveness there!! Lord Jesus paid for our past, present and future sins!! Don't feel condemned cos condemnation kills, that's the enemy's weapon.

I always find it funny that believers seem to regard the Fall of Adam more than the death & resurrection of Christ. We believe seem to believe that as a sinner, you cannot put away your sin nature no matter your good works, unless you become Born Again. But why then will a believer think he will lose his salvation given freely by Christ as a gift because of one act of sin? It's a pity that Christians rate what Adam did at the garden higher than what Christ did at the cross.

A believer is saved forever, Scripture confirms it. Learn to divide the word of truth in its context. God's Grace is greater than any sin!!

Right Believing leads to Right Living....

For the Pharisees that will come under my post, hold your peace!!
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by torres89: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:

Are we living our lives as christians based on catholics or pentecostal doctrines or re we following the scriptures?

your problem is with the understanding of purgatory

lookup wiki on purgatory and follow scriptural passages

stop being caught in Pentecostal politics
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 7:29am On Jul 09, 2017
malvisguy212:
a true Christian don't commit sin mistakenly, if he does he is ignorant of God word which say in James 2:10 (NIV) reads: For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
Please one question for you, are you a christian, if yes. Have you ever committed sin before maybe by looking, talking etc?
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by malvisguy212: 7:31am On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:

Please one question for you, are you a christian, if yes. Have you ever committed sin before maybe by looking, talking etc?
yes, I have commit so , and if I had die In my sin, it hell.
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2017
jiggaz:
The person will still make heaven. If salvation is dependent on us as believers, then there's a big problem. That means everyone will go to hell.

The wrong teaching in churches today that our salvation can be lost is a heresy from the pit of Hell. If our salvation can be lost when we commit sin, then that means that THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST ON THE CROSS IS USELESS. He died in vain then. I don't condone sin, infact sin is stupid for a believer cos it will take you far than you can imagine and make you pay more than u want. In short, sin will mess up your life but then no one lives a perfect life in this our fallen body. So when u sin, declare I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.... Look at the Cross and you will see your forgiveness there!! Lord Jesus paid for our past, present and future sins!! Don't feel condemned cos condemnation kills, that's the enemy's weapon.

I always find it funny that believers seem to regard the Fall of Adam more than the death & resurrection of Christ. We believe seem to believe that as a sinner, you cannot put away your sin nature no matter your good works, unless you become Born Again. But why then will a believer think he will lose his salvation given freely by Christ as a gift because of one act of sin? It's a pity that Christians rate what Adam did at the garden higher than what Christ did at the cross.

A believer is saved forever, Scripture confirms it. Learn to divide the word of truth in its context. God's Grace is greater than any sin!!

Right Believing leads to Right Living....

For the Pharisees that will come under my post, hold your peace!!
Maybe I think the reason why Christians regard what Adam did more than what Jesus did for them is because even after giving their life to christ they still see themselves falling into one or two sins they use to do before coming to christ. Even after they have seen in the scriptures that they are now a new creature
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by hopefulLandlord: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2017
plot bought
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2017
malvisguy212:
yes, I have commit so , and if I had die In my sin, it hell.
So are we then to say that you are not a true christian. And which Christian in this world will you say that don't fall once in a while in any way even pastors?
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:
No he wouldn't make it.
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by crunchyg: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2017
asuustrike2009:

No he wouldn't make it.
What are your reasons?
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2017
I think the bigger problem u should squarely face is how u are going to make it in life...... Make ur money, care for ur parents, siblings, neighbours, etc.

Religions can never be understood......
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:

What are your reasons?
James 2:10

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

This verse is clear as stated from the scripture. If you commit just a minute sin at the dying is as guilty like other sinners.
2 Peter 2:

If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”
Re: Can He Still Make Heaven After This? by jiggaz(m): 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
crunchyg:

Maybe I think the reason why Christians regard what Adam did more than what Jesus did for them is because even after giving their life to christ they still see themselves falling into one or two sins they use to do before coming to christ. Even after they have seen in the scriptures that they are now a new creature
They are New Creatures in their spirit but they are still in their fallen body. It now takes the renewing of the mind for them to live the Christian life.

Renewing of the mind means teaching them who they are now in Christ not Pastors telling them they will lose their salvation.

Righteousness is not doing what is right or our good behaviour. That type is self righteousness. The righteousness that qualifies us before God is God's Righteousness which he gives us as a gift the moment we believe in Christ Jesus. Any other type of righteousness is irrevelant, that's why Jesus was always harsh with the Pharisees cos they think they can be made right with God by their own righteousness which Christ told us is like a filthy rag before God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

That men may see your good works / Should A Christian Keep A Gun To Protect Himself From Other Humans? / Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.