Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion (715 Views)

'This Is School Not Hotel, Keep Moving' Spotted On A School's Wall (Photos) / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos) / Top Buhari Ministers And Their Postgraduate Qualifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 09, 2017
Good Morning Folk,

I would like to know how do I go about converting my south African high school certificate's and insurance certificates in Nigeria.

In south Africa my insurance qualifications carries much weight and i am concerned that it might not mean much in Nigeria.

I would also like to cont my studies at a private university.

Please advise.

Thnx
Re: South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion by crazygod(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2017
When u say 'high school' certificate, do u mean in Tertiary terms cos in Nigeria here, we also consider 'high school' to be secondary school. If its in the case of the latter, then u need additional qualification. Try acquiring a professional qualification in S.A before applying for a job in Naija, who knows Nigerian employers will just view u to be an expatriate and they have a good salary scale for expatriates.
In another light, insurance jobs in Nigeria is quite hard o. Cos Nigerians have a very backward knowledge of insurance. So u might end up as a salesperson in an insurance company. Try to discover another talent of yours that u might think will be of great value in the Nigerian market.
If u want to continue ur education in a Nigerian university, I suggest u apply in National Open University of Nigeria. They have very flexible programs.
I perused through your earlier threads and I must congratulate u. I also found my partner on this platform. wink
Re: South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion by gidjah(m): 9:14am On Jul 09, 2017
You wouldn't be having much trouble with schooling with any private university in Nigeria.just ensure the school you passed through is one of those accepted as internationaly accredited .your country should have accredited it, then Nigeria University Commission would have accredited it too. Get in touch with the university of your choice and get every information you would be needing .
Re: South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion by christejames(m): 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
As an international student I don't know whether public universities in Nigeria will accept you without writing jamb (that's if you latter change your mind on your choice cause public schools here are way too cheaper compared to the privates).
If I'm to suggest public schools; go for UNN or UI. As for private; Covenant, Eastern Palm, Babcock...

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
crazygod:
When u say 'high school' certificate, do u mean in Tertiary terms cos in Nigeria here, we also consider 'high school' to be secondary school. If its in the case of the latter, then u need additional qualification. Try acquiring a professional qualification in S.A before applying for a job in Naija, who knows Nigerian employers will just view u to be an expatriate and they have a good salary scale for expatriates.
In another light, insurance jobs in Nigeria is quite hard o. Cos Nigerians have a very backward knowledge of insurance. So u might end up as a salesperson in an insurance company. Try to discover another talent of yours that u might think will be of great value in the Nigerian market.
If u want to continue ur education in a Nigerian university, I suggest u apply in National Open University of Nigeria. They have very flexible programs.
I perused through your earlier threads and I must congratulate u. I also found my partner on this platform. wink

Thanx so much for your feedback. Was very informative. N yea its a secondary school cert. I will get in touch with a few u univ soon.

Lol! Oh yeah.... How did things work out for yall? both of yall Nigerian ?

I'm so worried about finding a decent job there. Coz in SA I could get away with having my certificates... But Nigeria competition is so high it mighh be a prob. Anyway well see. Thanx smiley
Re: South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion by NigerianScholar: 1:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Wezma:
Good Morning Folk,

I would like to know how do I go about converting my south African high school certificate's and insurance certificates in Nigeria.

In south Africa my insurance qualifications carries much weight and i am concerned that it might not mean much in Nigeria.

Please advise.

Thnx
As long as u re already in a university. Babcock university will take you. Contact them. Covenant doesnt accept international students. But jf you want to start afresh. Do pre degree/jupeb /a levels/ diploma or whatever.

1 Like

Re: South African Moving To Nigeria - Qualifications Conversion by SammieJayh(m): 6:48am On Jul 12, 2017
Wezma:
Good Morning Folk,

Please advise.

Thnx

HEY MA'AM, THE JAMB FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IS OUT...
YOU SHOULD APPLY IN TIME..
YOU CAN APPLY TO COVENANT UNIVERSITY, THEY DO ACCEPT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.

BTW, WHAT COURSE ARE YOU GOING FOR?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IMO State Government Shows Interest In partnering With NADIS SCHOLARSHIP (photo / Photos Of IMSU Students Parading In Respect Of Late Prof. J.O Diogu / 5 Things You Should Always Remember In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.