Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Crisis: United Release Wayne Rooney To Join Boyhood Club, Everton - Photos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Crisis: United Release Wayne Rooney To Join Boyhood Club, Everton - Photos (890 Views)

Rooney To Join Derby As Player-Coach From January 2020 / Chelsea Announces Signing Of Ross Barkley From Everton (Photos) / Wayne Rooney Joins Everton (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crisis: United Release Wayne Rooney To Join Boyhood Club, Everton - Photos by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
England and Manchester United highest goal scorer, Wayne Rooney has joined the club where he kick-started his football career, Everton.

Last season, 2016/2017, Rooney was limited to just 14 starts and contributed just 8 goals. Although he has scored 253 career goals and 102 assists, at 31, he is way past his prime.

Rooney has broken a lot of records during his career, he has won every trophy he has participated in, he is one of just 3 players to score a 100+ goals and assist a 100+, he is Manchester United's all time goal scorer in European competition and a lot more.

Rooney earlier said, after the 2016/2017 season that he can only play for Manchester United and Everton in Europe amid transfer speculation. Everton, Manchester United and Rooney himself, confirmed the free transfer on 9, July 2017.

Reports have it that Rooney would half his wages to £150,000 - £170,000 per week. He is the youngest player to score in a premier league game, at 16 years old, Everton vs Arsenal. Earlier speculations had it that it would be part of a swap deal with Romelu Lukaku, but that is false.

Rooney said, ""It is some time since I said that the only Premier League club I would play for other than Manchester United was Everton, so I am delighted that the move has happened," Rooney said.

"Thirteen years ago I went to United with the intention of winning trophies and I have been fortunate to be a part of one of the most successful periods in the club's history.

"I have come back to Everton because I believe Ronald Koeman is building a team that can win something and I look forward to playing my part in making that a reality for the club I have supported since a boy."

Signed : 9, July 2017.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why C.ronaldo Still Want More Kid Www.cr7blog.com / Four Manchester United Starters Confirmed Vs Real Madrid / Neymar Completes £200m Transfer From Barcelona To PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.