Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion (572 Views)

Police Dismiss Nine Senior Officers, Demote Six For Misconduct / Lagos Police Dismiss 9 Police Officers & Demotes 25 Over Corruption / Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by 1click(f): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Nigeria Police have announced the dismissal of four officers for extortion.

The four officers served with the Ogun State Command and included one inspector, one sergeant, and two corporals.

According to a police bulletin obtained by PREMIUM TIMES, the affected officials were attached to the Ijebu-Ode Division of the Ogun State Command.

The police said the dismissal was in line with the fight against corruption.

The dismissed officials were named as Mufutau Olaosun, an inspector; Adebayo Temitope, a sergeant; Bakare Taiwo, a corporal; and Adesoye Ayokunlehin, a corporal.

The police said the suspects were charged, tried and found guilty in an orderly room conducted at the Area Command Headquarters, Ijebu-Ode for two offences

The case against the culprits, according to the bulletin, was that ‎on June 12, 2017 the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) received a complaint via its WhatsApp number 0805 700 0003.

“Good morning sir, My name is (Withheld), living in ijebu ode, on Wednesday afternoon I went to withdraw money from the bank and am been sent by my boss when going back to the office some policeman car just double cross me and collect my phone telling I stole the phone I should follow the to the station and they took me to igbeba police station here in ijebu asked me to do frog jump from outside to a room, which I did to afford being beating,” the complainant said.

“After gotten there they started calling me a internet fraudster which I told them am not that am an (withheld) and they started beating slapping me and forcing me to write a statement which they are the one telling me what to write and after that they collected 50,000 from me (from my boss money which I went to withdraw before ealizing me.

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/nigeria-police-dismiss-four-officers.html?m=1

Re: Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
What about dpo's who send the junior ones out to make illegal arrest so that they will bail themselves?
Re: Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by blackboy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
Eyahhh
Re: Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by doublewisdom: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
Why Yorubas? Was this a targeted disgrace?
Re: Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by Mbamto: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good development, I pray the dismissal is real and not a transfer to a distant location.
Make I kukuma save the number the complainant used to reach them on whatsapp
Re: Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by kaffy4tope(m): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
Add them on whatsapp.

Re: Nigeria Police Dismiss Four Officers For Extortion by gare(f): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
1click:
The Nigeria Police have announced the dismissal of four officers for extortion.

The four officers served with the Ogun State Command and included one inspector, one sergeant, and two corporals.

According to a police bulletin obtained by PREMIUM TIMES, the affected officials were attached to the Ijebu-Ode Division of the Ogun State Command.

The police said the dismissal was in line with the fight against corruption.

The dismissed officials were named as Mufutau Olaosun, an inspector; Adebayo Temitope, a sergeant; Bakare Taiwo, a corporal; and Adesoye Ayokunlehin, a corporal.

The police said the suspects were charged, tried and found guilty in an orderly room conducted at the Area Command Headquarters, Ijebu-Ode for two offences

The case against the culprits, according to the bulletin, was that ‎on June 12, 2017 the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) received a complaint via its WhatsApp number 0805 700 0003.

“Good morning sir, My name is (Withheld), living in ijebu ode, on Wednesday afternoon I went to withdraw money from the bank and am been sent by my boss when going back to the office some policeman car just double cross me and collect my phone telling I stole the phone I should follow the to the station and they took me to igbeba police station here in ijebu asked me to do frog jump from outside to a room, which I did to afford being beating,” the complainant said.

“After gotten there they started calling me a internet fraudster which I told them am not that am an (withheld) and they started beating slapping me and forcing me to write a statement which they are the one telling me what to write and after that they collected 50,000 from me (from my boss money which I went to withdraw before ealizing me.

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/07/nigeria-police-dismiss-four-officers.html?m=1

Only four ? Na wa

(1) (Reply)

Students Financial Support.. Very Real / What Kind Of Skill Can I Acquire Pls After School? / Intensive Workshop Training (fast Track Learning)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.