Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' (33431 Views)

Policemen Who Assaulted Tola Azeez Dismissed In Osun / Girl Who Wrongly Accused A Man Of Stealing Her Pants Beaten, Paraded By Mob / Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by onyxo76(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
Shey dem dey hatrass deeper life brothers too,
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by SycophanticGoat: 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
This has become a norm among those criminals in black. That the hammer of justice fell on these few culprits this time around is probably because the guy they extorted from is well connected.
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by onyxo76(m): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
idris4eva:
I hate men in black with serious passion

If you have never had any issues with these police man

Ku Ara ku orire

I have to be checking my phone and make a thorough search on it before leaving home anytime am going out cos anything is crime to these police man

learnt to carry one old Nokia torchlight, leave the smart phone for house, delete all text messages and bank alerts

1 Like

Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by humblemikel(f): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
With the Level I Hate Nigerian police eeeeh
They are just lucky guns wasn't legalized in Nigeria.
Majority of those guys must have been conceived by the devil himself.
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by iedide: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
So u mean u can lodge a complain to police and the will do something about it. Hmmmn!
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by onyxo76(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
iedide:
So u mean u can lodge a complain to police and the will do something about it. Hmmmn!
depends on how connected you are
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by onimcee1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
harbdulrasaq88:
Four policemen attached to Ijebu-Ode Area Command in Ogun state has been sacked by the Inspector-General of Police Ibrahim Idris.

The officers were sacked because they extorted N50,000 from a man they arrested on a trumped-up charge.

The affected policemen are: Mufutau Olaosun, Adebayo Temitope, Bakare Taiwo and Adesoye Ayokunlehin.

“The four men on June 7, without any grounds, arrested a man who was just leaving a bank and took him to the Igbeba station, where they labelled him a ‘Yahoo boy’ and made him to frog jump and write a self-incriminating statement, that he was an internet fraudster", a statement from the police said.

“After the maltreatment, they released the man and also impounded the N50,000 he had gone to collect on behalf of his boss, saying it was payment for his bail.

“The man lodged a complaint with the police public complaints rapid response unit.

“The police authorities found the complaint genuine and were mortified that policemen could take money for bail, despite the #BailisFree campaign by the police themselves.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/07/ig-idris-fires-4-policemen-who-wrongly.html
How can one contact the police public complain rapid squad?
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by Chukazu: 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
But can we see their faces at least

The moment they catch innocent citizens, the first they do to parade them on national television as criminals without trials and conviction
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by AleeDee(m): 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Yes, bail is free. Bt lets ans these Qs

1. Who photocopied d bail papers?
2. The pencil, biro nd other stationeries re whose property?
3. Does d police sew uniforms nd equip its personnells?

I rem my father tellin me hw they used to give dem new uniforms, baton, shoes, nd oda equipments on a yearly basis.

Stationeries re delivered to every station is excess frm d central store. Go nd chk d store for urself nw (along mobolaji bank anthony way ikeja), its totally empty or d stuffs re nt delivered or sold. Cos I rem buyin him APER form, wch is supposed to be free

Food stuffs re given (monthly or quarterly, cnt rem), bt its no more nw

Barracks re allocated nd its d duty of works dept to maintain d barracks. Btt nw, d rooms re given thru corrupt practices nd u can visit d barracks nd see d dead state dey re. Even d wrks dept (located adjacent to centrl store) is lookin fo repair itself

D list goes on and on and on

Im nt tryin to justify dat moni shld b collected for bail, bt dey re forced to collect it

Lastly, im proud of my father 4 bein one of d good eggs among d force

smartty68:
What nonsense!undecided

That serves them right for misconducts. Police are the biggest criminals ever existed!

In sane climes bails are free but in Naija the reverse is the case!
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by Fourwinds: 11:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
beemzy201:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim till now.
Kai..y u dey MUMUCIOUS like this....d expiring dates na last year...u no shame still post d dem thing...well I no blame u .., na d people wey dey cut corners to glory I blame because it is easy for u to scam them. but person like me it will require 500 years fasting and transfiguration of d five most renown prophets in d Bible to conceive me of ur scam

1 Like

Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by Fourwinds: 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
onyxo76:
depends on how connected you are
no..u don't need to be connected
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by kingPhidel(m): 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hmmm.. Where is evans
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by iamuye(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2017
idris4eva:
I hate men in black with serious passion

If you have never had any issues with these police man

Ku Ara ku orire

I have to be checking my phone and make a thorough search on it before leaving home anytime am going out cos anything is crime to these police man

Exactly what I do on a daily. This country weak me

Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by arleck(m): 12:04am On Jul 10, 2017
who got their number, i meant em police num.. some policemen harassed me em made me shave off my dread, and em also cease my phone angry
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by Sharon6(f): 12:32am On Jul 10, 2017
*TRAINING! TRAINING!! TRAINING!!!*
There's going to be an online class for people interested in learning how to make:
COCKTAILS
MOCKTAILS
SMOOTHIES
MOJITOS
CINDERELLAS
LEMONADES
MARTINI
MARGARITA
TROPICAL ALE
PINACOLADA
WEIGHT LOSS SMOOTHIES
SLUSHES
MILK SHAKE
SPRINGS ROLLS
SAMOSA
PEPPERED CHICKEN KEBAB
SANDWICHES
LEMON BURST POUND CAKE
DOUGHNUTS and lots more.
VIDEOS to guide you will be included
*Venue:* WhatsApp group
*Training fee:* #1,000. #500 for the first 5 people to pay.
*Date:* Saturday 15th July 2017
*This is a chance to empower yourself. Weight loss drinks are fast sellers, people love smoothies you can sell in your workplace among friends etc etc, this is also parties related and can be done weekends as part-time while you still keep your full time jobs.... Hurry while offer last!*
#EMPOWER YOURSELF!
#BE YOUR OWN BOSS
#LOW CAPITAL REQUIRED
#PART-TIME/FULLTIME JOB
#PARTIES & EVENTS
Click on the link below to join the whatsapp group!

https:///2Nok3Oe1Ccu2ewzR7R515V

You can also contact my whatsapp number 0. 8. 1. 5. 2. 7. 0. 5. 9. 8. 2 for more details!
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by juniweezy(m): 1:31am On Jul 10, 2017
beemzy201:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim till now.
aw I go take do am? Na code?
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by ngmgeek(m): 1:33am On Jul 10, 2017
harbdulrasaq88:
Four policemen attached to Ijebu-Ode Area Command in Ogun state has been sacked by the Inspector-General of Police Ibrahim Idris.

The officers were sacked because they extorted N50,000 from a man they arrested on a trumped-up charge.

The affected policemen are: Mufutau Olaosun, Adebayo Temitope, Bakare Taiwo and Adesoye Ayokunlehin.

“The four men on June 7, without any grounds, arrested a man who was just leaving a bank and took him to the Igbeba station, where they labelled him a ‘Yahoo boy’ and made him to frog jump and write a self-incriminating statement, that he was an internet fraudster", a statement from the police said.

“After the maltreatment, they released the man and also impounded the N50,000 he had gone to collect on behalf of his boss, saying it was payment for his bail.

“The man lodged a complaint with the police public complaints rapid response unit.

“The police authorities found the complaint genuine and were mortified that policemen could take money for bail, despite the #BailisFree campaign by the police themselves.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/07/ig-idris-fires-4-policemen-who-wrongly.html

Why not firing squad. They will now go underground and do worse lipsrsealed
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by holluphemydavid(m): 4:16am On Jul 10, 2017
NCAN over to u Am a proud afonja guy, but dis ones are disgrace to Odudua Nation smh
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by davillian(m): 4:38am On Jul 10, 2017
The IG used four AJNOFA as the scapegoat.
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by Ijaya123: 5:02am On Jul 10, 2017
So where is the picture of the sacked policemen?
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by HenryOA: 6:42am On Jul 10, 2017
I love that action very strike
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2017
So it's our fault now ba? What happened to the government? There is no difference between you and armed robbers and kidnappers. All of you police men are a standard and grand shame to the country.

If I have my way, I will dissolve the Nigerian police. And carve out new police force from the military, pay them well as well. Una be waste of time I swear.

AleeDee:
Yes, bail is free. Bt lets ans these Qs

1. Who photocopied d bail papers?
2. The pencil, biro nd other stationeries re whose property?
3. Does d police sew uniforms nd equip its personnells?

I rem my father tellin me hw they used to give dem new uniforms, baton, shoes, nd oda equipments on a yearly basis.

Stationeries re delivered to every station is excess frm d central store. Go nd chk d store for urself nw (along mobolaji bank anthony way ikeja), its totally empty or d stuffs re nt delivered or sold. Cos I rem buyin him APER form, wch is supposed to be free

Food stuffs re given (monthly or quarterly, cnt rem), bt its no more nw

Barracks re allocated nd its d duty of works dept to maintain d barracks. Btt nw, d rooms re given thru corrupt practices nd u can visit d barracks nd see d dead state dey re. Even d wrks dept (located adjacent to centrl store) is lookin fo repair itself

D list goes on and on and on

Im nt tryin to justify dat moni shld b collected for bail, bt dey re forced to collect it

Lastly, im proud of my father 4 bein one of d good eggs among d force

Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by kunleben1: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2017
These guys are everywhere. I was a victim myself in 2014 in ibadan. I was about entering d shoprite at ring road when I was accousted by 3 men in mufti. They were from the iyanganku area command. They claimed to suspect me to be a yahoo boy. I showed them everything to prove my innocence but they refused and bundled me into their car and took me to the station. There I spent 2 and half hours trying to claim my right.

Meanwhile, I earlier withdrew 30,000 naira from a first Bank atm at iyana adeoyo. The money was the last cash in my entire life and I have budgeted how I was going to share it with my family before heading for the atm that day. The money was planned to last for a 30 day period before hoping to get another salary. Part of what was planned for was diapers for my baby and a shoprite bread. Little did I know that these demons were trailing me from the bank.(it was a Sunday afternoon). I got down from the bike and headed to the mall's main entrance when I heard 'hey, stop there'. The rest was a torture for 2 and half good hours. They seized everything on me including my phone and the money. They did not even allow me pick any call or place a call to my wife who would not stop calling after she became worried about my whereabouts.

To cut the long story short, I caved in when they asked me to write a statement incriminating myself. They were even dictating what I must write. At that point, I saw that they were not going to let me go free. They checked every messages, emails and even to-do lists on my phone and each time telling me everything they see shows I'm a confirmed yahoo boy. One of them called me and said the only way to bail myself out was to part away with 20,000 naira out of the 30k. They counted 10k and gave it back to me. I started crying at that point and was begging them seriously. Later, One of them started consoling me that I should be happy that they even accepted money from me that some were not so lucky. Besides, I'm a salary man and he's sure by the next month end, when another salary comes,i will be fine. He said he knew the company I was working for that it's a big company. He said I was only pretending. But my wailing increased and so was my begging because I just couldn't imagine living on 10k with a wife and an 18 months old baby. I told him I was just a junior worker there. I refused to leave and I continued to beg them in tears. Later, they collected the 10k and handed me the 20k. I stopped crying and the friendly one patted me on the back and promised to be there in case I need their help too. He gave me his number and narrated different stories where he had rescued people just after briefly meeting them like in my case. I thanked him, dried my eyes and left in bitterness.

I learnt some lessons since then because I hear people give different accounts of their ordeals with these people. Here are the few I complied. 1.Always delete any bank alert even if it is a birthday greeting. Both emails and sms. 2.Mind how save the names of ur contacts. 3. Mind how save ur to do lists. 4. Don't go with large sums of money in ur pocket if u don't have to. 5. Mind how u dress. 6. If u were unlucky and got picked up by these police demons, just co-operate with them else they will injure or kill u. It's not time to start claiming a right which is not there in the first place. 7. If u can do without going out with ur laptop, please do. I have heard a case where police claimed the autocad software they found was meant to be used to study the structure of the house to b robbed before the actual robbery.

As for me, I merely handed them over to God to judge them. But with this news. I hope the rest of them still in the game will stop.
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by onyxo76(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2017
kunleben1:
These guys are everywhere. I was a victim myself in 2014 in ibadan. I was about entering d shoprite at ring road when I was accousted by 3 men in mufti. They were from the iyanganku area command. They claimed to suspect me to be a yahoo boy. I showed them everything to prove my innocence but they refused and bundled me into their car and took me to the station. There I spent 2 and half hours trying to claim my right.

Meanwhile, I earlier withdrew 30,000 naira from a first Bank atm at iyana adeoyo. The money was the last cash in my entire life and I have budgeted how I was going to share it with my family before heading for the atm that day. The money was planned to last for a 30 day period before hoping to get another salary. Part of what was planned for was diapers for my baby and a shoprite bread. Little did I know that these demons were trailing me from the bank.(it was a Sunday afternoon). I got down from the bike and headed to the mall's main entrance when I heard 'hey, stop there'. The rest was a torture for 2 and half good hours. They seized everything on me including my phone and the money. They did not even allow me pick any call or place a call to my wife who would not stop calling after she became worried about my whereabouts.

To cut the long story short, I caved in when they asked me to write a statement incriminating myself. They were even dictating what I must write. At that point, I saw that they were not going to let me go free. They checked every messages, emails and even to-do lists on my phone and each time telling me everything they see shows I'm a confirmed yahoo boy. One of them called me and said the only way to bail myself out was to part away with 20,000 naira out of the 30k. They counted 10k and gave it back to me. I started crying at that point and was begging them seriously. Later, One of them started consoling me that I should be happy that they even accepted money from me that some were not so lucky. Besides, I'm a salary man and he's sure by the next month end, when another salary comes,i will be fine. He said he knew the company I was working for that it's a big company. He said I was only pretending. But my wailing increased and so was my begging because I just couldn't imagine living on 10k with a wife and an 18 months old baby. I told him I was just a junior worker there. I refused to leave and I continued to beg them in tears. Later, they collected the 10k and handed me the 20k. I stopped crying and the friendly one patted me on the back and promised to be there in case I need their help too. He gave me his number and narrated different stories where he had rescued people just after briefly meeting them like in my case. I thanked him, dried my eyes and left in bitterness.

I learnt some lessons since then because I hear people give different accounts of their ordeals with these people. Here are the few I complied. 1.Always delete any bank alert even if it is a birthday greeting. Both emails and sms. 2.Mind how save the names of ur contacts. 3. Mind how save ur to do lists. 4. Don't go with large sums of money in ur pocket if u don't have to. 5. Mind how u dress. 6. If u were unlucky and got picked up by these police demons, just co-operate with them else they will injure or kill u. It's not time to start claiming a right which is not there in the first place. 7. If u can do without going out with ur laptop, please do. I have heard a case where police claimed the autocad software they found was meant to be used to study the structure of the house to b robbed before the actual robbery.

As for me, I merely handed them over to God to judge them. But with this news. I hope the rest of them still in the game will stop.
hmm my brother, it is well, all those points are very helpful, infact dress like a deeper life brother when going out and keep your smart phone at home esp in likely locations , can you expantiate about the dressing aspect from your end?
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by gabbysegzy: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Nigerian police are thieves.Only few of them are really innocents . They will stop you on the road without any reason and they will be demanding for money .
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by onyxo76(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2017
Meanwhile, members of the public have been advised not to resort to self-help when faced with case of police misconduct, but are enjoined to report such to the PCRRU for resolution.

PCRRU is available 24/7 via the following channels; Phone Calls Only: 08057000001, 08057000002 | SMS/WhatsApp Only: 08057000003 | BBM:58A2B5DE | Twitter: @PoliceNG_PCRRU | Facebook: www.facebook.com/PolicePCRRU | Email: complaint@npf.gov.ng OR PolicePCRRU@gmail.com.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/07/09/photo-police-dismiss-4-officers-ogun-command/
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by AleeDee(m): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Im nt a police o. Kindly read my msg again nd u'll see I was tryin to analyse d possible causes of corruption in d force. Pls no insults or harsh words

gimakon:

So it's our fault now ba? What happened to the government? There is no difference between you and armed robbers and kidnappers. All of you police men are a standard and grand shame to the country.

If I have my way, I will dissolve the Nigerian police. And carve out new police force from the military, pay them well as well. Una be waste of time I swear.

Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by kunleben1: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2017
onyxo76:
hmm my brother, it is well, all those points are very helpful, infact dress like a deeper life brother when going out and keep your smart phone at home esp in likely locations , can you expantiate about the dressing aspect from your end?

In my own case, it wasn't my dressing that attracted them. They traced me from the atm. My dressing was very simple. A short knickers and a plain t-shirt. No jewelleries, ear not pierced, no rough curl or dread lock.(im bald). A simple pam slippers too and no weird walking style.
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by onyxo76(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2017
kunleben1:

In my own case, it wasn't my dressing that attracted them. They traced me from the atm. My dressing was very simple. A short knickers and a plain t-shirt. No jewelleries, ear not pierced, no rough curl or dread lock.(im bald). A simple pam slippers too and no weird walking style.
hmm we should be careful about people around us when at ATM particualy suspicious individuals I always to that, you could have just used your debit card to pay in shop rite and probably withdraw using the ATM there
Re: IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo' by kunleben1: 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
onyxo76:
hmm we should be careful about people around us when at ATM particualy suspicious individuals I always to that, you could have just used your debit card to pay in shop rite and probably withdraw using the ATM there

You are correct. Part of the reasons why experience is the worst teacher.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Who Abducted Businessman In Rivers Arrested. See How Much They Shared / Army Neutralizes Suspected Armed Robbers Dressed In Military Uniforms / Valentine Oluchukwu: Priest Kidnapped While Travelling For His Father's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.