Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,546 members, 7,843,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) (674 Views)

How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? / Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named Dog Buhari Appears In Court (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by teegrams(m): 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
A dog owner who starved his Staffordshire bull terrier so badly he was too weak to walk upstairs has been banned from keeping animals after claiming his 50-hour week working at KFC made him too depressed to care for the pet.

Maxie was rescued by an RSPCA inspector and was so emaciated that he looked 'like a skeleton with fur', judges heard.

Staffordshire bull terrier Maxie, pictured, was rescued by an RSPCA inspector and looked like a 'skeleton with fur'

The court heard that a member of the public contacted the RSPCA after seeing Maxie

RSPCA inspector Rachel Leafe said: 'When I took Maxie to the vet he was so weak. He had to keep stopping while walking because he just could not walk properly. He looked like a skeleton with fur'

The neglected animal weighed 11kg when he was found instead of the 18kg which is normal for a dog of his size.

Chesterfield Magistrates' Court heard the dog was given a body score of one out of nine and had no muscles in his legs.

Shaun Musson, 25, of Chesterfield, Derbyshire, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to the animal.

RSPCA inspector Rachel Leafe said: 'When I took Maxie to the vet he was so weak.

'He had to keep stopping while walking because he just could not walk properly. He looked like a skeleton with fur.

'As well as being underweight, he had an overgrown claw which was curling over into his pad.
'It would have been incredibly painful for him.'

Inspector Leafe said: 'Musson said he believed the dog had lost weight because he was stressed as he had gone from being at home all the time to working 40 hours a week.

'But put simply Maxie lost a lot of weight as a result of not being fed properly.

'He was such a skinny dog and you could see every single bone in his body.'

The court heard that a member of the public contacted the RSPCA after seeing Maxie.

Magistrates disqualified Musson from keeping all animals for 10 years and handed him a 12-week prison sentence suspended for 12 months. He was also ordered to pay £300 in costs.

Maxie is now in the RSPCA's care and now weighs 18kg. He is ready for re-homing.
Inspector Leafe said: 'He is the sweetest dog and he is good as gold.'

Source: http://rayoonline.com/man-court-staving-dog-bonesphotos/

Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by cuedish: 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
So sad , cruel .
Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by 14teenK: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
crysome people shaa.....this is normal in Nigeria they will first starve the dog till it looks like a skeletal equipment
...then they will chain it under the stairs for eventual death
Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by Baroba(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
He could have given up the dog to an animal shelter dotted all over the place...cruel.
Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by LionDeLeo: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
Choi, I have never been sympathetic to animals, but almost shedding tears for this dog.

That man most be a descendant of the fallen angels, beast.

Never seen domestic animals/pets as loyal as dogs. Infact dogs are more loyal than men.

Even in this condition, it will surprise you the dog's loyalty to this beast is still not shaken.

1 Like

Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by hodusglobal(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
The man that did this dog like this will also died of starvation... cry

1 Like

Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by dollytino4real(f): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
my neighbour dog lean pass dat dog. it is na nkinta

1 Like

Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Some children in Nigeria here lean pass dat dog
Courtesy of Buhari & co administration

#Eco99#

1 Like

Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by Ifyone123(f): 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
d dog is so cute n innocent

1 Like

Re: Man In Court For Staving Dog To Bones(photos) by OsuGanja(m): 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
ecoeco:

Some children in Nigeria here lean pass dat dog
Courtesy of Buhari & co administration

#Eco99#

Eco99

(1) (Reply)

Female Boerboel Pup For Sale... SOLD!!! / Beautiful Muscular Female Boerboel Pup For Sale 55k / Reasons To Stay Away From Dog Vitamins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.