Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami (679 Views)

Crowd At Maitama Sule's Funeral Prayer (Photos) / Maitama Sule's Body Received By Governor Ganduje, Saraki & Others in Kano (Pics) / Maitama Sule Is Dead! Chairman Of Northern Elders Forum Dies In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by 044vibes(m): 3:55am On Jul 10, 2017
KANO— Former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd), revealed, yesterday, in Kano how the late elder statesman, Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule, submitted himself for arrest shortly after the 1983 coup d’etat that saw many top flight politicians clamped into detention.

Abubakar, who made the revelation when he paid a condolence visit to the government of Kano State and family of Danmasanin Kano, noted that Nigeria and, indeed, the whole world have lost a true compatriot.

The former Head of State, who was a Brigade Commander at 3rd Motorized Brigade, Kano, in 1984, said: “As Brigade Commander of the 33 Motoriized Brigade, Bukavu Barracks, Kano, many politicians were arrested that period and all of a sudden, I saw Danmasani in my office with his briefcase, and I asked him what happened? and he declared that “I’ve turned myself in to be arrested like other politicians.”

Maitama Sule
“I asked him why?, and he said to me, ‘you people are arresting many people and you shunned me, and I don’t know why.’ I just laughed it off.

“Maitama Sule believed that the tragedy of every person is his personal tragedy; that made him a leader, a pillar that stood for the less privileged ones and every other person in needs.”

He said the loss of Danmasani was a national tragedy, which pain was shared not only by his family or Kano people, but also Nigerians.

In his speech, Governor Ganduje said: “Danmasani was there during the British colonialists and struggled alongside other prominent Nigerians, most of whom were now late.

“There is no head of state, since independence, that has not sat with Yusuf Maitama Sule and listen to his personal advice on how he would be a good leader.’

Among those who paid condolence visit at Government House, yesterday, were Minister of Science and Technology, Ogbonnaya Onu; NUJ National President, Wahab Odusile, among others.

Source: http://www.proudlymusic.net/gist-news/buharis-83-coup-maitama-sule-submitted-self-arrest-abdulsalami/

Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 10, 2017
A true compatriot indeed.
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by Lincoln275(m): 4:20am On Jul 10, 2017
hmmm
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by NaijaElba(m): 4:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Nonsense! They just spill out trash that comes to dir dirty and corrupt mind. How come nobody is talking about the Jumia agent that was killed. What happened to the killer? Nobody is talking about it.
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by Beesluv: 4:23am On Jul 10, 2017
Very humble. May Aljannah Firdaus be his final abode
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by FriendNG: 4:29am On Jul 10, 2017
We need leaders who will look the lots of common
men with the eyes of compatriots not with the eyes of
previlage few".

"Leaders with a fire in their bellies but humanity in their heart, fire in their bellies so that they may take unpleasant but necessary decisions but humanity in their heart so that in take a such decisions they may temper justice with mercy".

Leaders not rulers. Leaders that will know when they are no longer equal to the exigencies of their nation and will have the prudence of handing over before they forfeit the operation of their country men"--- Danmasanin Kano (Maitama Sule)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy0yWYxSPA
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by optional1(f): 5:14am On Jul 10, 2017
all those he has advice about good leadership where are they now?
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by three: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2017
Nigeria will not forget Buhari in a hurry
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2017
optional1:
all those he has advice about good leadership where are they now?
I am here dear
Re: Buhari’s ’83 Coup: How Maitama Sule Submitted Self For Arrest — Abdulsalami by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2017
Dr. Maitama Sule will be greatly missed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Reps Return CRK As Independent Subject Read More At: Http://www.vangu / Osinbajo Is Sick, His Nightmare Has Just Started – Fani-kayode / What Rats Did Inside Buhari's Office - Presidency Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.