Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA (5465 Views)

God Forbid We Support The Actualization Of Biafra / Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport / Osinbajo’s Strategy For Ending Boko Haram War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2017
"Alaafin of Oyo backs restructuring, says current system retrogressive"

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, on Monday in Ibadan backed calls for Nigeria’s restructuring, stressing that the present arrangement would not allow states in Nigeria to develop at their own pace.

The monarch spoke at the public presentation of a biography and postscript titled, ‘Samuel Ladoke Akintola in the eyes of history’, which was written by Femi Kehinde.

According to Alaafin, the North was favoured in terms of revenue allocation because while more states and council areas were created in the region, the southern states had yet to enjoy similar opportunity.

He said, “The first time that the Federal Government would interfere in state affairs began when the government at the centre interfered in the feud between Akintola and (the late Chief Obafemi) Awolowo. The government, in support of Akintola, declared a state of emergency in the old Western Region, snowballing into a serious crisis.

Read more ==> http://punchng.com/alaafin-backs-restructuring-says-current-system-retrogressive/

2 Likes

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by macjive01: 10:57am On Jul 11, 2017
PRICE OF Venezuelan legislative elections BOYCOTT

Venezuelan legislative elections of 2005. President Hugo Chávez took office in 1999, and in 2002 was overthrown briefly, then returned to power. The country was deeply polarized, and the opposition bickered with the government about the fairness of the electoral process. Just a few days before the election, a majority of opposition parties BOYCOTTed it.

The result was that Chavista parties won an overwhelming majority of seats, and so for the next five years Chávez passed virtually anything he wanted. Since constitutional reform requires[b] a two-thirds vote, the boycott also eventually helped pave the way for Chávez to remove term limits.[/b]

The traditional parties that spearheaded the boycotting debacle, such as Democratic Action and COPEI , saw their political fortunes continue on their steep downward trajectory

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/03/01/a-cautionary-tale-for-election-boycotts/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2017
Refreshing ideas from the OP. Reminds me of a certain Ikengawo.

2 Likes

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2017
@Macjive01

In the cases of election boycott you cited, the boycott seem to have been carried out by opposition parties and not by secessionist groups, don't you think that might make a difference in Biafra's case.

Nigerian opposition parties under the UPGA alliance also had done an election boycott in the 2nd republic elections that proved largely ineffective as NNA under Akintola and Balewa still had their way.

Are you also aware that elected public office holders take a legal oath upon swearing in to preserve Nigerian unity at all cost.
How can IPOB members pursue a Biafran agenda as elected Nigerian public office holders, if IPOB goes into the murky waters of Nigerian politics like you are suggesting.
Mind you, I had suggested this your idea of politicizing IPOB in the past, but was forced to have a rethink on it.
I'd be pleased to hear your ideas on this.

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by Warship: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2017
pazienza:
@Macjive01

In the cases of election boycott you cited, the boycott seem to have been carried out by opposition parties and not by secessionist groups, don't you think that might make a difference in Biafra's case.

Nigerian opposition parties under the UPGA alliance also had done an election boycott in the 2nd republic elections that proved largely ineffective as NNA under Akintola and Balewa still had their way.

Are you also aware that elected public office holders take a legal oath upon swearing in to preserve Nigerian unity at all cost.
How can IPOB members pursue a Biafran agenda as elected Nigerian public office holders, if IPOB goes into the murky waters of Nigerian politics like you are suggesting.
Mind you, I had suggested this your idea of politicizing IPOB in the past, but was forced to have a rethink on it.

I have explained to him the futility of his proposal on this thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/3911977/why-it-wrong-tell-ipob
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by macjive01: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2017

That's the clearest way to advance the cause,
Gain executive power to effect seccesionist agendas
Gain state apparatus and machineries - like state broadcasting structures.
Coordinate investment to improve the economy of the region
Cordinate the unity projects.
and most important gain a clear mandate of the people

Nnamdi Kanu has no mandate.. he is only a director of an illegal radio station, thats why many Igbos and many people in South south still dont regard him- undoubtedly his message resonates with many- probably majority.
He needs to now win a clear mandate.

Scotland
The nationists advocated and aggitated for separation for a long time, did all the demostration and even threatened violence, but at the end they realised it doesnt serve any purpose. They then venture into politics. Formed SNP.
within two paliament elections or so, they became majority with their alliance- the Greens.

SNP- on winning majority of their paliament- set off building institutions for a country.
. Integrated their dying , forgotten local language Gaelic into school curruculum.
. Set up Special schools to tutor it and provided students with generous bursary to study it.
. Set up newspapers- couldnt set up a media house as the juridiction was with the national governement-( that contributed to why they lost the referendum, not having a TV station to cover SNP rally and provide positive spin to their message)
. Set up distinctive Scotland business forum to coordinate and secure special treatment for scottish businesses- Now only brandy made in scottand can bear Scotch drink. ( England never cared about that till SNP got in power)
. SNP being in power was able to advocate Scotishness.
won a landmark ruling to differentiate Scottish inventions from England- England previously claimed scottish inventions as English.
. SNP was able to carry out strategic construction programs for future statehood. Railway lines to connect Scotland. dualise scottish roads . ( The UK motor is 3 lanes on each side from down south of England till Scotland where it turns to dual -2 lanes. , further up, it becomes a single lane to Inverness.
. Built and supported building of seaports and harbours.
. Now on the verge of removing airport taxes so more planes can visit scotland- improving connectivity.

Spain-
Catalonias could not have been gotten where they are today without winning a mandate through the electorate- They have built up the structures of a separate state while still in Spain.
Built up their economy.
Integrated Catalonia education
Preserved their history and importantly defined it.
They have demostrated to their people that on separation they will be successful.
There is very few doubts they will be successful.

Now compare to Basque
Basque choose the route of IPOB
The went with demostrations,
.Civil disobedience- sit at home,
.Boycotts- boycotted dozens of elections
.Spain ignored them. - investors got scared away- the economy tanked.
.Out of frustration they started bombing government structures to send a message. were merely structural ( would inform the media that a certain building will be bombed- ensuring people are warned and stayed away)
.After wasting over 2 decades, they then received sense, disbanded their arm and bombing campaign and decided to go into elections.
.Those 2 decades in fact gave them bad reputations. They were labelled as miscreants and soon their own people began to turned against them.

There are dozens of other examples, it never work with demostrations etc, you need to takeover the system from inside.
win legitimacy from the poll.

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by macjive01: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

I have explained to him the futility of his proposal on this thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/3911977/why-it-wrong-tell-ipob

see my response above
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by dumodust(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Op, is a dreamer living in reverie and illusions.

I wish you had said something more meaningful than saying the Biafrans should for m a regional party.

Guy, change your thoughts and be a realistic, for the summary of all those gibberish up there is LEAVE THRASH FOR LAWMA
He made sense so if you have nothing better to say, i think you should keep walking on
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by dumodust(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
macjive01:

Have you heard of Catalonia ?
Do you know how long they have been campaigning for separation ?

Have you heard of Scotland?
Do you know how long they have been campaigning for separation ?

Have you heard of Kurds, do you know how long they have been campaigning for a Separate homeland? despite the chemical bombs used on them by Saddam, despite ISIS atrocity on them, they are still far from achieving it.

I dont know why IPOB think by mere demostrations and civil disobedience they can achieve anything.

Nigeria will never let the oil fields of Bright of Biafra go without a fight.

However we dont have to fight.
If IPOB can win elections in the Biafran states, they can then form a de facto- Autonomous region.
will have a good footing to negotiate on behalf of the region.

Can i ask you a question?
what is the size of IPOD biggest rally ? Lets say 1 million? 2, 3? i will give you 4 million.

even at 4million it is only a minute fraction of the total population of the region they portray to represent.

IPOB need more legitimacy which only Election can offer them.

Ojukwu was able to command and declare Biafra becos he had the authority of Eastern regional Assembly. What Authority does IPOB have ? Mob action.
Respect bro... you have a good brain and the ability to think strategically which the deluded ipod lack. That's the danger in allowing a movement populated but dregs and low IQ people to flourish... they become delusional and lose touch with the facts

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by IJOBA2: 12:38am On Jul 12, 2017
macjive01:

The Yoruba MUSLIMS]and Hausas can NEVER agree to it. why shoud they?
If you were in their shoes you probably won't agree to it.

The restructuring won't favour them. especially the North.

And they have the votes to stop it. what do you think they will do?
FIXED
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by macjive01: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
dumodust:

Respect bro... you have a good brain and the ability to think strategically which the deluded ipod lack. That's the danger in allowing a movement populated but dregs and low IQ people to flourish... they become delusional and lose touch with the facts

Thanks
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by attackgat: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
macjive01:

No matter how successful the boycott is, the FG and INEC will announce an inflated figure of turnout.

people on ground may witness no vote no election but FG will still announce inflated figures of at least 50%.

What will you then do? Challenge them in their "zoo" court?

The Government can announce what it likes, the important thing is that the political leaders have taken note of the power of Biafra.
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by HRHBancs1: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
SCAMS from Nnamdi KANU,he has washed his ass and some Easterners drank from the nyash water that's y they cannot see the scam coming,just passing by o,me nor wan join matter with anybody o.
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by attackgat: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
macjive01:

If IPOB was to have a party and participate in the election . with the expected mass grassroot support they will guard and protect their votes. As they did for rochas against incumbent PDP.

with the current widespread appeal of IPOB undoubtedly
there will be sympatisers within the recruited INEC officials who will ensure elections are not rigged.

Is there something wrong with you? IPOB is fighting to leave Nigeria and you want them to go and contest elections in the same country they want to leave? Cant you see how daft that sounds?

What IPOB should do is continue with massive protest, election boycott, civil disobedience etc until the political establishment of Nigeria gives them a referendum. And if they refuse to give a referendum, IPOB should keep up the pressure so that everyone feels the heat.
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by tifany89(m): 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2017
sean1000x:

Ewedu Afonja. You wrote this long epistle because of Biafraa? A cause that has nothing to do with you Yorubaas? Something is seriously wrong with you people!
Bro whether Afonja or not he made plenty of sense. It's time to restrategise

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by dumodust(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
Jonathan39:
The whole world will know how serious and ready Biafrans are
So after the world knows, what next?
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by dumodust(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
pazienza:
@Macjive01

The IRA in northern ireland has the sinn fein party as its political front... nobody said ipob should enter politics, the whole lot of them have no thinking brains... they should push forward a think tank as a party, people that can reflect their interests and can be negotiated with. Simple common sense
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 1:02am On Jul 13, 2017
@Macjive01.

I think you have a strong point, but I'm afraid that in your desperation to condemn IPOB methods using Spain secessionist groups as an example, you had misrepresented facts.

Basque ETA was an armed secessionist group that employed guerilla tactics to achieve their aims,and only dropped their arms to go into non violent methods, including political process participation in Spain, when their violent methods failed.
IPOB on the contrast are non armed, Atleast for now, so I see no co relation between IPOB and ETA.

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 1:11am On Jul 13, 2017
dumodust:

The IRA in northern ireland has the sinn fein party as its political front... nobody said ipob should enter politics, the whole lot of them have no thinking brains... they should push forward a think tank as a party, people that can reflect their interests and can be negotiated with. Simple common sense

What about you? Are you not a Biafran?

You have big and better plans, what is then stopping you from leading the line by starting up this your own movement, growing it from ground to up? Kanu started IPOB from just few less than 10 members.

Until not long ago, no one knew Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB, and before IPOB came up, MASSOB was in existence, yet that never deterred Kanu when he felt MASSOB had derailed, from starting up his own movement, puting himself and his entire life on the line.

We seem to have many Igbos on the internet who seem to think they have better ideas on how to go about achieving Biafra, yet we don't have any of these people on ground building up a movement centred around these their supposedly better ideas.

If you have better plans and dreams, and you set out time and effort to preach it, and build consensus, time will tell, and Biafrans would soon gravitate towards your own dreams and methods . Kanu dreams proved greater than those Of Uwazuruike, and so Uwazuruike methods died a natural death, while Kanu dreams replaced it.

I'm just tired of people staying in their comfort zones to offer ideas, without puting themselves on the line, to grow and nurture those ideas, but are instead interested in rubbishing others who put themselves on the line, to grow their own ideas.

3 Likes

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by Kingspin(m): 1:52am On Jul 13, 2017
The Op said 100percent of my mind and they are some of the reasons I hate Nigeria it is a useless place to be for me. if they don't want to reform the country then let the nation burn forever. How I wish I can see you and buy you a bottle of beer or wine. I always wish a Nigeria where state like Zamfara would be like Lagos but if we cannot support good things let go separate. Thank you for telling the Hausa and Yourba what they know nothing last forever.
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by Dedetwo(m): 2:05am On Jul 13, 2017
macjive01:
First i must appreciate the new vigor Nnamdi Kanu has injected into the conscience of Nigerians in general about the way forward for the country.
Restructuring
Separation into fractions.

As an Igbo man, and a pan African, i am not a strong supporter of Nnamdi Kanu and his aggitation.
But when i see the way Lagos state and Abuja drains the resources of this country it annoys me to no end.

Why does a trader in Aba have to import his shoe gum through lagos seaport, then cargo it 700km to Aba to use on his shoes. then having to cargo the finished product same 700 kilometers to lagos to export.
Every business man will tell you it makes no economic sense.
His profit margin is eroded greatly from the internal cargoing.

At some point his patriotism to his state will run out and he moves his little business to lagos to save on the huge expenses incurred from internal cargoing plus bad road etc. Aba losses becomes Lagos gain.

Similar is replicated across most businesses.
Innocent motors will probably make a higher returns if his business was set up in lagos axis (including neighbouring Ogun state)

Seaport is a gigantic costly project , not one to be easily built by a state. Hence why it is imperative that the FG put effort to build one on the Eastern coast. But they won't. They want that reliance on the rest of the country- west.

Currently the planned Railway by this present administration has completely sidelined the southeast zone again, meaning this zone will for the foreseeable future be disadvantaged. The shoe manufacturer in Aba will for a long time have to rely on the states with the rail access to cargo his products to the National Seaport located in Lagos for export.

How long will he endure the stress and additional cost incurred before he moves to the nearby state with the rail? or even lagos? Only to be abused by the yorubas he is running away from mud soil, erosion ravaged evil forest?

The current situation favours the Yoruba man, with Lagos being in Yoruba land. proximity spreads the development to other nearby states. evident is the increase IGR of ogun state. That Aba manufacturer would probably end up in Ogun state- with ogun state having cheaper land and close enough to The national seaport in Lagos.

Nnewi has lost the motor spare parts and electronics business to Lagos-that's tradefair complex, Idumota, Alaba international, Aspanda,. Thats over a million direct and indirect jobs - imagine the taxes? the ripple effects it would have had on Nnewi?
from resturant, hotels, taxi, Housing... everythings would have been touched.
As recent as 30 years ago these business were all firmly in Nnewi. Lagos traders went to Nnewi to buy motor spare parts. My uncles in Gabon, Congo, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea flew to Nnewi every wednesday through Portharcourt airport to buy spare parts.
Now all those are history.

... It pains me to keep narrating our losses due to these unfair share of national infrastructure. And with the current adminstrator these marginization its not going to end anytime soon, rather it will be increased, with his 97%- 5%. And even if a Yoruba was to become next president, he will get pressured by his people not to build the necessary infrastructure in the east, as the status quo favours the Yoruba states with proximity to lagos.
Probably why OBJ is canvassing for the assassination of Nnamdi kanu- Many Yorubas want the status quo firmly.

The East had an opportunity with GEJ, but that was thrown away, primarily becos of the man GEJ was. Had no backbone , no vision. A president for 6 years and he couldnt construct the most important road for the South-south region - East-west road.

He awarded the building of Egina FPSO build project to samsung group with a condition that it was assembled in Bayelsa - right under his slumber eyes - the yoruba led group that won it -(local content) switched the location to lagos.

He stood and watch Sambo push out Nnaji -one of the few performing ministers under his administration.

He sack Avaition woman- who was actively renovation over 6 airports same time- she didnt embezzle money, she misappropriated funds- bought official bullet proof car- which she shouldnt. That being a reason to sack an otherwise performing minister in a country where Pension fund is stolen by one person and he walks about freely. Oil block- national sovereignty is stolen and own by one person. One person gets 16% commission on taxes generated from the weathiest state.

Just you know- after she was sacked- those 6 airports she was renovating stopped. not an inch of plaster, lick of paint have touched those airports since she was made to resign or sacked.

This goes to tell you the kind of person GEJ was.
A big disappointment to most people in the East- including Bayelsans. ( people still voted him at the election as there was no alternative)

Hence for the East, especially the Igbos and also the Southsouth people who dont have any pipeline security contract, the odds and their future and children future is so bleak. when next will an Eastern (SE/SS) person become a president? By the way GEJ was sheer luck. when will such luck repeat itself again?

Mathematically it will be difficult for an Igbo man to rule this country- Rochas keep deceiving yourself. The North has 19 states plus FTC, they will naturally oppose an Igbo man- who will undoubtedly nationalize the oil well for a start. They dont want that cos they own the oil wells.

Then the Yorubas- why would they vote an Igbo man as a president?
A man who would built a seaport in Port harcourt, Akwaibom.
Mandate the oil companies to move to their states of operations.
Complete Enugu and Portharcourt airport and make it actively functional international airports.

These actions will cripple lagos- the yorubas would rather elect an illiterate aboki man than elect an igbo man who has the pedegree to move the nation forward- cos moving the nation forward in an igbo man's eyes is balancing the spread of national infrastructure. The current Lagos focussed allocation of national infrastructure develops Lagos and the nearby yoruba states.

The odds are firmly against the Igbos.

Hence why i think Separation is the only alternative for the Igbos. Better with our brothers and neighbours around us. However, if they would rather not join us, the Igbos should still pursue a separation with the igbos in rivers, delta, Benue and Kogi, and Edo.

The unnegotiable issue we must insist on, is the access to sea through igbo communities in Rivers state.
without this, the new country will be at the mercy of Rest of Nigeria. That we must strive to avoid.

HOW DO WE ACHIEVE A SEPARATE COUNTRY? BIAFRA?

I think Nnamdi kanu has done the big step which is create and raise the awareness, but he and the Igbos need to think inward now.

No matter how many demonstrations they carry out
No matter how many election boycott he succeeds in
No matter how many other countries support he gains

Rest of Nigeria will not give him a referendum, if it was given will be rigged, surprisingly with the same Igbos.
Money talks, firstly. And the support for Biafra is not absolutely. My own estimate there are a good 30% who are scared of uncertainty or heartedly will favour to remain in Nigeria.

Hence they ONLY way will be through the ballot.
restrategise the IPOB into regional party- like the SNP- Scottish National Party.

Have achieving Biafra as a prime point in the manifesto.

When the party wins elections in the states of interests that will be a good gauge of support. how much support.

When a state is won, IPOB will have the state's apparatus and machineries to start a Biafran nation building while under Nigeria.

Designating/planning / building for mass housing for the expected influx of returnees into the new Nation- Biafra.

Securing food production for the new nation.- setting up massive farms - feed stock and live stock.

Use the Fulani herdsmen menace as an opportunity to create 10,000 cattle farm that can feed a nation. Build four.

Use the state media infrastructures to relay the IPOB message and get more people prepared for the eventual referendum.

Lets not waste the opportunity of the upcoming Anambra election.
IPOB should take over a party- there are hundreds of dead parties they can take over-
Apply for a name change to something more relevant to the struggle like Freedom party, Independence party, Liberty, etc
And start the campaign and mobilization.

Biafran can be achieved without a gun shot or unnecessary death from demonstration.

I shall make bold to speak unequivocally that Republic of Igbo land or Biafra has to actualized through peace or war. I had prefer peace over war but most Nigerians are not smarter than domesticated monkey hence war is a valid option. I want Ndigbo to have nation they can call home in my life time.

However from your statement in red, you do not seem to be trusted agent. There is no better way to carry out a revolution.
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by dumodust(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2017
pazienza:

What about you? Are you not a Biafran?

You have big and better plans, what is then stopping you from leading the line by starting up this your own movement, growing it from ground to up? Kanu started IPOB from just few less than 10 members.

Until not long ago, no one knew Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB, and before IPOB came up, MASSOB was in existence, yet that never deterred Kanu when he felt MASSOB had derailed, from starting up his own movement, puting himself and his entire life on the line.

We seem to have many Igbos on the internet who seem to think they have better ideas on how to go about achieving Biafra, yet we don't have any of these people on ground building up a movement centred around these their supposedly better ideas.

If you have better plans and dreams, and you set out time and effort to preach it, and build consensus, time will tell, and Biafrans would soon gravitate towards your own dreams and methods . Kanu dreams proved greater than those Of Uwazuruike, and so Uwazuruike methods died a natural death, while Kanu dreams replaced it.

I'm just tired of people staying in their comfort zones to offer ideas, without puting themselves on the line, to grow and nurture those ideas, but are instead interested in rubbishing others who put themselves on the line, to grow their own ideas.
This long epistle you have written seems to be driving no point home... The emphasis seems to be on applauding kanu for forming a disjointed organisation, a movement with no clear direction or plan that make up things as they go. Their background of hate, i can not align with and the guy is already wearing the toga of dictatorship because he went to prison for his foolishness and came out luckily. He should desist from telling igbos to do things that aren't agreed on by consensus, he is the leader of ipob, not igbos, they can go on a hunger strike to protest elections or whatever but let him be aware that his declaration from his sitting room that there will be no election in anambra will be the end of them in anambra. Many of his decisions are mad and ill advised therefore his brain washed followers regularly end up as target practice to nigerian army or they do stupid things that caused hardship and economic loss to the igbos like blocking the niger bridge. Continue to cheer them on with your army of illiterates till they declare state of emergency here, talk of shooting ones self in the foot. The other ethnicities have movements that calm down and think things through before making a move. You guys are too knee jerk in reaction, be aware that this is a long game and violence is not an option, stop tipping the chess table over when it doesnt go in your favour, instead find better ways to play the game.
In summary, he should go test his little experiments in his state that has a lot of issues, maybe sack his own governor first... and fight the ingrained discrimination of other igbos in his own state (non-indigenes were sacked from civil service), imo state(mbaise's refusal of anambra bishop) and others i wont mention here. There is no real unity, even catholic versus other denominations fight divides us. They should work on this before coming to carry flag in anambra, he can test his experiments in abia first, no more disruptions of peace in anambra.
Finis
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 11:27am On Jul 13, 2017
dumodust:

This long epistle you have written seems to be driving no point home... The emphasis seems to be on applauding kanu for forming a disjointed organisation, a movement with no clear direction or plan that make up things as they go. Their background of hate, i can not align with and the guy is already wearing the toga of dictatorship because he went to prison for his foolishness and came out luckily. He should desist from telling igbos to do things that aren't agreed on by consensus, he is the leader of ipob, not igbos, they can go on a hunger strike to protest elections or whatever but let him be aware that his declaration from his sitting room that there will be no election in anambra will be the end of them in anambra. Many of his decisions are mad and ill advised therefore his brain washed followers regularly end up as target practice to nigerian army or they do stupid things that caused hardship and economic loss to the igbos like blocking the niger bridge. Continue to cheer them on with your army of illiterates till they declare state of emergency here, talk of shooting ones self in the foot. The other ethnicities have movements that calm down and think things through before making a move. You guys are too knee jerk in reaction, be aware that this is a long game and violence is not an option, stop tipping the chess table over when it doesnt go in your favour, instead find better ways to play the game.
In summary, he should go test his little experiments in his state that has a lot of issues, maybe sack his own governor first... and fight the ingrained discrimination of other igbos in his own state (non-indigenes were sacked from civil service), imo state(mbaise's refusal of anambra bishop) and others i wont mention here. There is no real unity, even catholic versus other denominations fight divides us. They should work on this before coming to carry flag in anambra, he can test his experiments in abia first, no more disruptions of peace in anambra.
Finis

Lol! Why did I even bother replying you. grin

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by dumodust(m): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Why did I even bother replying you. grin
grin grin grin
even my own na mistake
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by macjive01: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dedetwo:

I shall make bold to speak unequivocally that Republic of Igbo land or Biafra has to actualized through peace or war. I had prefer peace over war but most Nigeria are not smarter than domesticated monkey hence war is a valid option. I want Ndigbo to have nation they can call home in my life time.

However from your statement in red, you do not seem to be trusted agent. There is no better way to carry out a revolution.

Can you answer this question, why do you want a separate country for Igbos?

whatever reason you give, if those reasons can be accommodated in Nigeria, why still want a Biafra?

Many people simply want a Biafra to see the Hausas and others regress and become poorer and to gloat at the paradise Biafra has become.

I hate to see Africans- be it Hausa, ugandan, south-sudan suffer in poverty, i think the country should simply let an Igbo man rule this country for 8 years, he will unbound many of the shackles why this country is a mess, why Igbos feel marginalized and underproductive.

Quell this biafra agitation once and for all.

I sincerely believe we can still attain whatever biafra could have become, while still in Nigeria.

There is strength in numbers.

Look at Isreal, despite how industrious they are, technology savvy and all, they will forever be a small voice, mostly because of population.

Our combine population is a big strength.
Our combined Land mass is a big strength.
Our diversity is a big strength.

Biafra Mustnt happen!!!, the country can take steps to redress some of the issues of biafra.
rename bright of bonny bright of Biafra.

Commemorate the 1million Biafra babies killed - They are innocent and didnt deserve to died.

Move to state of residence. State of origin fuels this agitation.

Introduce zonal rotational presidency, everybody know they will have a turn someday, unlike this current system that fuels hopelessness to some people because of the perceive electroral population of some zones.

Divide resources into 6 equal parts and share to zones. if your zone has 7 states or whatever number you want to create ,that will be your business. ( will put a stop to silly state aggitation)

Nationalise ALL OIL wells. LAKiJA owning a massive oil reservior to herself kills me everyday.

Mandate oil companies to move to state of operations.

Permit states to build and licence seaports, power generation, industries, state police, solid mineral .

FG will only coordinate education, supreme court, foreign affairs, military.

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by remedick: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
sean1000x:

Ewedu Afonja. You wrote this long epistle because of Biafraa? A cause that has nothing to do with you Yorubaas? Something is seriously wrong with you people!
you are just one of the dunce among igbos with itchy fingers without a processing brain cos u act before u think. MOROONS
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
macjive01:

whatever reason you give, if those reasons can be accommodated in Nigeria, why still want a Biafra?

Many people simply want a Biafra to see the Hausas and others regress and become poorer and to gloat at the paradise Biafra has become.

I hate to see Africans- be it Hausa, ugandan, south-sudan suffer in poverty, i think the country should simply let an Igbo man rule this country for 8 years, he will unbound many of the shackles why this country is a mess, why Igbos feel marginalized and underproductive.

I sincerely believe we can still attain whatever biafra could have become, while still in Nigeria.

Look at Isreal, despite how industrious they are, technology savvy and all, they will forever be a small voice, mostly because of population.

Biafra Mustnt happen!!!, the country can take steps to redress some of the issues of biafra.

Commemorate the 1million Biafra babies killed - They are innocent and didnt deserve to died.

Introduce zonal rotational presidency, everybody know they will have a turn someday, unlike this current system that fuels hopelessness to some people because of the perceive electroral population of some zones.

Divide resources into 6 equal parts and share to zones. if your zone has 7 states or whatever number you want to create ,that will be your business. ( will put a stop to silly state aggitation)

Nationalise ALL OIL wells. LAKiJA owning a massive oil reservior to herself kills me everyday.

Permit states to build and licence seaports, power generation, industries, state police, solid mineral .

It's very funny that you don't see the utopia in all that you listed.

What are the chances of any of them happening?

What I understand from your write up is that you are a one Nigeria apologist.
Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by macjive01: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
pazienza:

It's very funny that you don't see the utopia in all that you listed.

What are the chances of any of them happening?

What I understand from your write up is that you are a one Nigeria apologist.
Goodluck.

It will be difficult, but the rest of Nigeria do understand what they will lose if Biafra goes hence will be happy to give in to keep the country as one.
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
macjive01:

It will be difficult, but the rest of Nigeria do understand what they will lose if Biafra goes hence will be happy to give in to keep the country as one.

Lol! You would be surprised that the rest of Nigeria don't see things from your angle.

I doubt you have been sampling opinions of Nigerians on this matter.

As long as Nigerians are concerned, no harm was done to Igbos in Biafra, we deserved the civilian massacre since Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna are Igbos who killed non Igbo regional leaders. Igbos are simply being emotional by talking about Biafra, infact, Igbos are the cause of Nigeria problems today, since it was dead Ironsi that forced Gowon to uphold and entrench the unitary system and dissolution of the regional structures to create dysfunctional states.
Igbos should apologize to Nigerians and stop screaming for restructure, they are the ones who killed Nigeria and must continue to be punished as payment for their sins. grin

Igbos must not be president of Nigeria, they are not Nigerians, they are Biafrans, they are greedy, slimy and wicked, they want to create an environment that would enable them dominate the whole Nigeria, that's what this their Biafra and restructure shout is all about.

You would be surprised that even the most educated Nigerians share in the above sentiment.

Ndiigbo had simply reached an impasse with Nigerians as far as Nationhood is concerned, only an Igbo driven by selfish interests would not admit this. Unity with Arewa-Oduanistanis is at this stage, no longer an option for Ndiigbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by macjive01: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! You would be surprised that the rest of Nigeria don't see things from your angle.

I doubt you have been sampling opinions of Nigerians on this matter.

As long as Nigerians are concerned, no harm was done to Igbos in Biafra, we deserved the civilian massacre since Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna are Igbos who killed non Igbo regional leaders. Igbos are simply being emotional by talking about Biafra, infact, Igbos are the cause of Nigeria problems today, since it was dead Ironsi that forced Gowon to uphold and entrench the unitary system and dissolution of the regional structures to create dysfunctional states.
Igbos should apologize to Nigerians and stop screaming for restructure, they are the ones who killed Nigeria and must continue to be punished as payment for their sins. grin

Igbos must not be president of Nigeria, they are not Nigerians, they are Biafrans, they are greedy, slimy and wicked, they want to create an environment that would enable them dominate the whole Nigeria, that's what this their Biafra and restructure shout is all about.

You would be surprised that even the most educated Nigerians share in the above sentiment.

Ndiigbo had simply reached an impasse with Nigerians as far as Nationhood is concerned, only an Igbo driven by selfish interests would not admit this. Unity with Arewa-Oduanistanis is at this stage, no longer an option for Ndiigbo.

Thats not always the case
Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by pazienza(m): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
macjive01:

Thats not always the case

True. But that's MAINLY the case

1 Like

Re: NEW STRATEGY FOR ACTUALIZATION OF BIAFRA by Dedetwo(m): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
macjive01:

Nigeria!!! There is no better reason to leave Nigeria than Nigeria itself. if you hate to see African suffer because of poverty, do what Europeans have done. You simply cannot have Germans, British, French, Italians, Dutch, Spaniards, etc in one country and expect harmony. Nigerians in their culpable idiocy tend to shout about unity or united in Nigeria. Sometimes I wonder if the Nigerians were talking about united as in amalgamation or unity in terms of harmony. In any case, the lip services are all for it because Nigeria has institutionalized discriminations in the forms of quota system and the so-called federal character.

This is gone beyond the idiotic issue of marginalization, which is true, however it is now a matter of progressiveness, culture and tradition interwoven in a philosophical stream of thought. I have been around many developed countries and come to undeniable conclusion that Nigeria cannot progress as presently configured. If you want to stay with Nigeria, I have no business to stop you as you do not have any business to stop me while heading toward Republic of Igbo land or Biafra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jangebe Students’ Abduction: PDP Asks Buhari To "Wake Up From Slumber" / Kidnapping: Saraki Urges Global Collaboration / Grammar Is Dead: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Airs His Opinion On Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.