Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos (16523 Views)

Supreme Court Affirms Oyetola As Governor Of Osun State / Dele Momodu Reacts As Governor Ambode Concedes Defeat / Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by CastedDude: 5:45am On Jul 10, 2017
The former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi stated that his biggest challenge as governor was the battle he fought trying to change the mindset of his people of Anambra. Speaking while addressing students of St. Michael's Model Comprehensive Secondary School, Nimo, on Friday , Mr. Obi explained how tough it was trying to make his Executive Council and all that worked with him to understand the concept of accountability and responsibility in governance.

Mr. Obi, who expressed happiness that the battle he fought to return school to missions has been yielding fruits in the improvement in infrastructure and general performance thanked the Church for there efforts. He called on the wealthy to support the Church to make the society a better place

"When I expressed the intention to return schools to missions at a State Executive Council meeting only three out of 30 members supported me. Even Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT) threatened to go on strike if I tried that and actually did. But I knew I was right and insisted until I had my way. Today I am so happy to see the transformation in this school since I took the bold but unpopular decision."

In his remarks, the manager of the school, Rev. Fr. Francis Obi Okoye thanked Mr. Obi for coming. He said Anambra people would ever remain grateful to him for his disposition towards education which has continued even after he left office.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/biggest-challenge-governor-peter-obi-reveals.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by CastedDude: 5:46am On Jul 10, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Nonybb: 6:04am On Jul 10, 2017
Peter Obi was a religious BIGOT during his time in Anambra state as State Governor. He made sure catholics were given priority and equally made sure wishes of Reverend were sacrosanct

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by ayatt(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2017
okay
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2017
Education is key. Unfortunately, these political tycoons have changed the padlock. Believe their lies at your own risk.
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by oshe11: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2017
9ce.....

Meanwhile

If Man U sign Bakayoko

Ahswear I go hate Mou almost the way I hate the sick one....

Buhari pls leave London n go to Manchester.....

Ur change is Affecting CHELSEA undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by mosesabram: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
waw
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by ipobarecriminals: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
sad
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by nothingmega122(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
042 gburugburu should try it

3 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
Nonybb:
Peter Obi was a religious BIGOT during his time in Anambra state as State Governor. He made sure catholics were given priority and equally made sure wishes of Reverend were sacrosanct
d Rubbish.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by NCAN911: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
ok
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by otijah(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
Nonybb:
are you done talking

43 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Sleyanya1(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
smiley
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
nice
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Ajibel(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2017
Catholics dominated schools during his reign to the extent that they invited some sisters to come and co-manage the affairs of our school with the principal. That was CMF

4 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by web2safe(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by DIKEnaWAR: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Obiano is a champagne head and a total Bleep up .

4 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by arthurous(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
The best governor so far in anambra state. He work is still there he touched all the critical sector of the state

14 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by ekensi01: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Nonybb:
Its better than those who claim to be neutral. Atleast we know his stand.

12 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by badland(m): 11:25am On Jul 10, 2017
Nawa ooo

That abandoned coins in your house is very useful.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAJdmzD5Bns
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by teamsynergy: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2017
he was on aljazera stream recently to discuss Biafra with other agitators... the man is quiet bright

3 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by nonsobaba: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2017
This may have been his biggest challenge but i want to say that his biggest achievement to me was the gunning down of over 5000 wawa and abakaliki members of Massob in 2006 and the mauling down of another 300 of the invaders in ezu river amansea in 2009. He started the fumigation to get rid of these pests and for that, he has my gratitude.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by legenddimex(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2017
smiley
okay we Don hear
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Omofunaab2: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2017
nonsobaba:
This may have been his biggest challenge but i want to say that his biggest achievement to me was the gunning down of over 5000 wawa and abakaliki members of Massob in 2006 and the mauling down of another 300 of the invaders in ezu river amansea in 2009. He started the fumigation to get rid of these pests and for that, he has my gratitude.

Lmao

1 Like

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by AtlanticBreeze: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2017
arthurous:
[s]The best governor so far in anambra state. He work is still there he touched all the critical sector of the state[/s]
please shut up, Anambra is far better under obiano than during peter obis tenure, is it security, or workers salaries, or infrastructure, you peter obi social media team should stop decieving yourselves, peter obi was a very mediocre governor. Tell us works that are still there.. rubbish

4 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Nonsense
Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by jashar(f): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2017
The mind is a hard thing to change...

In Nigeria, perception is reality...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Blackfire(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2017
That is my distant Uncle.

Smart but sometimes he can confuse you to the extent of you hating him.. But he is most of the time right.

3 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by AtlanticBreeze: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2017
This man will do anything to stay in the news. Let him keep deceiving himself after his mediocre tenure as governor. Let him not go and face his mall business in abuja he built with anambra money

2 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Alanzazani: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2017
nonsobaba:

How do normal humans think like this? I am an anambrarian but I so disgusted that somebody with blood flowing in thier veins will type this. Are you frustrated? No offence

10 Likes

Re: My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos by Alanzazani: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2017
nonsobaba:

How do normal humans think like this? I am an anambrarian but I feel so disgusted that somebody with blood flowing in thier veins will type this. Are you frustrated? No offence

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Defection: What Difference Can Dogara Make? / “FG Must Act Now!”, Nigerian Gov. On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.