Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU (847 Views)

How Soldiers Opened Fire On SARS Operatives Who Repelled Boko Haram Attack(Pics / How Soldiers Scattered Collation Of Results, Held Me Hostage - Top INEC Staff / You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by ridbay(m): 6:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu has narrated how two army officers allegedly colluded with two employees of the United Bank for Africa Plc to divert the sum of N339m from the account of the Military Pensions Board.

Magu in a letter to the Chief of Defence Staff, said the suspects opened 33 accounts with UBA into which the MPB’s funds were diverted.

The acting EFCC Chairman said in his letter with reference number EFCC/EC/CDS/66/16 that the total sum of N339,374,478.58 was withdrawn from the MPB account across the counter or transferred to other accounts in the bank.

The suspects are Wing Commander Ishaka Yakubu; and an Assistant Director, Computer, with the MPB, Lieutenant Commander Akinbamidele Odunsi.

Magu in the letter said “Investigation discovered that fraudulent accounts were opened by the Business Manager, Mrs Violet Ofoegbunam, and relationship manager, Mrs Kolade Aderemi Abidemi, thereby compromising the ‘Know Your Customer’ requirements with the connivance of the two military officers.

“Thirty-three accounts were identified to have fraudulently received payments to the tune of N339,374,478.58 from Military Pensions Board between April and June 2016.”

He noted that all the 33 accounts into which the money was diverted had been frozen.

He said out of the stolen N339m, the sum of N314m had been recovered and kept in the EFCC Recovery Account.

READ MORE: https://ynaija.com/soldiers-bankers-diverted-military-funds-33-bank-accounts-magu/
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by sarrki(m): 6:26am On Jul 10, 2017
Magu please do your homework well

I need just 10 scapegoat
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by seunlayi(m): 6:28am On Jul 10, 2017
To do what with them?
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by seunlayi(m): 6:28am On Jul 10, 2017
Ok
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 10, 2017
I still dey wonder if this is from lie mohammed kingdom
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by okosodo: 6:40am On Jul 10, 2017
Later, we will hear that it did not happen that way. All the lies that has come out so far before this, the people involved have come come out to put the record staight, but because of hatred, some mumu did not believe. I must say that EFCC is a disgrace under magu
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:40am On Jul 10, 2017
A very thorough investigation should be carried out and the damned military officers locked up. How can people be so evil minded
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by Dannyset(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:
Magu please do your homework well

I need just 10 scapegoat

You think any rich person or persons would be scape goated in this country? EFCC will only retrieve out of those money, but if you're waiting for conviction, my brother our flag na still green white green oooo!
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by DozieInc(m): 6:58am On Jul 10, 2017
OK sad
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by REDshouse(m): 7:02am On Jul 10, 2017
Magic thread softly ooo....

Wicked people everywhere....

For NCAN... All zone fully represented
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by zombieHUNTER: 7:14am On Jul 10, 2017
Nonsense as usual
All these media hogwash won't take us anywhere....
Since they are not yet in jail why are you singing like a parrot
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 10, 2017
lol
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by sagerasaq: 7:16am On Jul 10, 2017
Oya.... Drama continues.. Boycotting d national money
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by LionDeLeo: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2017
These are the reasons so many forces are working hard to get him removed.

They prefer the mindless stealings but still the noisiest about how things are wrong.
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by smartty68(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2017
How insane! angry

Corruption has already killed Nigeria! We're in the point of no return!

Always publish the names of these looters that way it'll go a long way in curbing crime rates
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2017
atarapa:
I still dey wonder if this is from lie mohammed kingdom
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by aolawale025: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2017
Tell us when you secure convictions in the court room. Enough of media trials. In the end, it does no good
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2017
No wonder they want him out so bad. Corrupt people
Re: HOW SOLDIERS, BANKERS DIVERTED MILITARY FUNDS INTO 33 BANK ACCOUNTS – MAGU by Caseless: 8:55am On Jul 10, 2017
Names checked and I think there's some adherence to the provision of federal character here.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-biafra Warlord, Col. Ogbonnaya Oji (rtd) And Wife Dies / Labaran Maku Had Resigned From Biafran Govt. Four Days In Office! / Review : Check Out Top 10 Cities With The Most Yahoo (fraud) Boys In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.