Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List (3660 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by amoss: 8:54am On Jul 10, 2017
Don't get it twisted, United States is not the best country to be an immigrant, neither is it the U.K. Sweden has been adjudge the best Country to be an Immigrant, according to a recent analysis from U.S. News & World Report while Canada, Switzerland, Australia and Germany round out the top five.

Based on the report, the new ranking assesses the international perceptions of 80 countries, their immigration policies and economic data.

“The 2017 Best Countries rankings revealed that more than 40 percent of respondents view immigration as the most important issue for our world to solve,” said Eric Gertler, co-chairman of U.S. News and the New York Daily News, who was recently honored by the Carnegie Corporation of New York as a 2017 Great Immigrant. “With the recent spotlight on immigration in the U.S. and abroad, we wanted to dive into its potential benefits and challenges on a country’s perceived economic status in the world.”

Here are the top 10 Best Countries to be an Immigrant

1. Sweden
2. Canada
3. Switzerland
4. Australia
5. Germany
6. Norway

See full list https://pageone.ng/2017/07/10/sweden-best-country-immigrant-followed-no-2-canada-no-3-switzerland/
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by jessejunior(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2017
oya come make we go
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by nikkycool(f): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2017
jessejunior:
oya come make we go
Nice but how can one go about being an immigrant in Sweden.Please educate me on it.Thank you.
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by seunny4lif(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
nikkycool:
Nice but how can one go about being an immigrant in Sweden.Please educate me on it.Thank you.
Best option
School cool cool cool
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by pansophist(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
If you're white, then yes, it may be the best country to migrate to. I've lived in Sweden and I will chose Canada, Australia and even USA before Sweden. Heck, I'll even chose South Africa to Sweden.

Regardless of the material comfort Sweden offers, I can't live in darkness for 8 months in a year, endure winter that goes below 30 degrees, always feeling "out of place" due to my skin colour and endure the racism that comes with it. And of course, the antisocial people that makes its difficult to make friends. Life should be more spicy than that, not Sweden.

Beautiful country though

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by moneybag100: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
I will choose this English speaking countries over the non English speaking countries mentioned above: USA, Canada, New Zealand, Austrialia, UK and Ireland.

Those non English speaking mentioned above, no matter your education you will still end up doing menial jobs. I met 2 people in Finland with Master degree from a Finnish school who are still doing cleaning and paper delivery, Except you study I.T related course.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by seunny4lif(m): 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
pansophist:
If you're white, then yes, it may be the best country to migrate to. I've lived in Sweden and I will chose Canada, Australia and even USA before Sweden. Heck, I'll even chose South Africa to Sweden.

Regardless of the material comfort Sweden offers, I can't live in darkness for 8 months in a year, endure winter that goes below 30 degrees, always feeling "out of place" due to my skin colour and endure the racism that comes with it. And of course, the antisocial people that makes its difficult to make friends. Life should be more spicy than that, not Sweden.

Beautiful country though
That's a simple fact
Sweden is good for the Arabs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by seunny4lif(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
moneybag100:
I will choose this English speaking countries over the non English speaking countries mentioned above: USA, Canada, New Zealand, Austrialia, UK and Ireland.

Those non English speaking mentioned above, no matter your education you will still end up doing menial jobs. I met 2 people in Finland with Master degree in Finish school who are still doing cleaning and paper delivery, Except you study IT related course.
Same in Germany except I.T
But Finland is good for Nursing than Germany

3 Likes

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by salford1: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
pansophist:

Beautiful country though
what you just described is similar to most places in Canada maybe with the exception of southern BC. Only difference is that racism is not as rampant in Canada compared to Europe and English/french are the official languages.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Fishout(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
moneybag100:

Those non English speaking mentioned above, no matter your education you will still end up doing menial jobs. I met 2 people in Finland with Master degree from a Finnish school who are still doing cleaning and paper delivery, Except you study I.T related course.
. l have been expecting a topic like this one to surface here. Pls ,l am just in on Sweden visa and l don't know how the country be in terms of life over there.l don't know anybody over there but l was told that l will get some things to do.what do u thinks.(visiting visa)
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by pansophist(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
Fishout:
. l have been expecting a topic like this one to surface here. Pls ,l am just in on Sweden visa and l don't know how the country be in terms of life over there.l don't know anybody over there but l was told that l will get some things to do.what do u thinks.(visiting visa)

moving to a country based on what you are told (probably by people who havent left the country, telling you want you want to hear, to extort cash from you) is not a good idea, and if things don't go well as you've been told, then you are in for a big mess. Firstly, you cant extend a visiting visa, and you cant work with it. If you overstayed, then you've just joined 1000's of your kind who regrets each day of their existence, as their life waste away in their very eyes. Be warned.

5 Likes

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by no1madman(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
I just dey laugh. . .ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by moneybag100: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Fishout:
How did you get the visa in the first place , you don't have plans before applying for visa?
Well, the best option for you since you have nobody over there is to seek asylum if you have genuine reason for one. That will buy you time like 2ys and if you are fortunate and have a good reason and proof, you claim could be accepted and you become a refugee.
You need to research on how to do that on your own.
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by seunny4lif(m): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
moneybag100:

How did you get the visa in the first place , you don't have plans before applying for visa?
Well, the best option for you since you have nobody over there is to seek asylum if you have genuine reason for one. That will buy you time like 2ys and if you are fortunate and have a good reason and proof, you claim could be accepted and you become a refugee.
Good point
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by amoss: 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 11, 2017
grin Remember your race
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Fishout(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
moneybag100:

.thanks for your good advice,l am a graduate and l had want to do my PhD over there but the man that want help said that he can only help me doing visiting visa which at initial stage l refuse but later confused me .so l told him to do it without give him kobo until l finish my research.so pls lf l want to go through school which assistant u can render ....

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Fishout(m): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
pansophist:

moving to a country based on what you are told (probably by people who havent left the country, telling you want you want to hear, to extort cash from you) is not a good idea, and if things don't go well as you've been told, then you are in for a big mess. Firstly, you cant extend a visiting visa, and you cant work with it. If you overstayed, then you've just joined 1000's of your kind who regrets each day of their existence, as their life waste away in their very eyes. Be warned.

frankly speaking, l like your contribution,that is a good advice for those who want hear but what of schooling in Sweden.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by pansophist(m): 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Fishout:
frankly speaking, l like your contribution,that is a good advice for those who want hear but what of schooling in Sweden.

Your question about studying in Sweden is generic, can you be specific? what information do you seek?
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Fishout(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
pansophist:

Your question about studying in Sweden is generic, can you be specific? what information do you seek?
.thanks for the response, l am thinking of doing my PhD in (accountting)over there,l don't know whether I can get institution with less tuition or may be to find college with lower tuition fees and apply for new course. Pls can l get?
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by pansophist(m): 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fishout:
.thanks for the response, l am thinking of doing my PhD in (accountting)over there,l don't know whether I can get institution with less tuition or may be to find college with lower tuition fees and apply for new course. Pls can l get?

I cant answer this questions directly. Just a quick google search will reveal answers to the information you seek. https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Atigba: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fishout:

PhD is free in Sweden but very competitive to get admission.

Should I even call it admission ...PhD program in Sweden is like work because you got paid as PhD student.
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Fishout(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
pansophist:

I cant answer this questions directly. Just a quick google search will reveal answers to the information you seek. https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start
. Thanks
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Mcslize: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
moneybag100:

Is Ireland an English Speaking Country? English is not their first Language.

Review post.
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by moneybag100: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
Mcslize:

Review post.
You right man.
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by seunny4lif(m): 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Mcslize:

Review post.
Ireland is English speaking country
Yes, they speak Irish but Irish language is a form of English Lang.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Bifwoli: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
amoss:
Don't get it twisted, United States is not the best country to be an immigrant, neither is it the U.K. Sweden has been adjudge the best Country to be an Immigrant, according to a recent analysis from U.S. News & World Report while Canada, Switzerland, Australia and Germany round out the top five.

Based on the report, the new ranking assesses the international perceptions of 80 countries, their immigration policies and economic data.

“The 2017 Best Countries rankings revealed that more than 40 percent of respondents view immigration as the most important issue for our world to solve,” said Eric Gertler, co-chairman of U.S. News and the New York Daily News, who was recently honored by the Carnegie Corporation of New York as a 2017 Great Immigrant. “With the recent spotlight on immigration in the U.S. and abroad, we wanted to dive into its potential benefits and challenges on a country’s perceived economic status in the world.”

Here are the top 10 Best Countries to be an Immigrant

1. Sweden
2. Canada
3. Switzerland
4. Australia
5. Germany
6. Norway

See full list https://pageone.ng/2017/07/10/sweden-best-country-immigrant-followed-no-2-canada-no-3-switzerland/

I would love to see an African version of Top 10 best countries for immigrants.

South Africa would naturally top the list but it would still be interesting to see how the whole order flows.

2 Likes

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by Ugosample(m): 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
pansophist:

Beautiful country though

This guy again grin grin

Too conscious of his skin color

Sometimes you just have to chill and not take things so serious
Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by benzc350: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
moneybag100:

It varies my dear, I also know 2 Naija guys who had their Msc from University of eastern Finland working with engineering firms in Helsinki, remember after the rain comes the sun, in these western countries you also have to grind for a while to grow, heck, we have Phd grads driving taxis in England....

1 Like

Re: Sweden Is The Best Country To Be An Immigrant, See Top 10 List by pansophist(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ugosample:

This guy again grin grin

Too conscious of his skin color

Sometimes you just have to chill and not take things so serious

I go slap you o, lol

grin

(1) (Reply)

Indian Visa Costs $252.... / Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? / Flight Boarding: Need Help As A First Time Traveller.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.